April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #116 Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL BLUSH BRUSH! I always use this to apply my blush and it makes all my blushes look amazing on me. The application is smooth and super easy to use. I highly recommend to anyone looking to splurge on a blush brush. Highly quality and I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely blush brush. I tried the 129 and found it a bit too big for my cheeks so I returned it. This brush fits perfectly on the apples of my cheeks. Its dense bristles picks up and blends just the right amount of product. If using a highly pigmented blush, use a light hand. One light tap into the blush would be enough to cover the cheeks and to avoid that clown look. I also use this brush for contouring. The tapered part of the brush makes it easy to get contouring color right at the hollows of the cheeks. Its not super soft, but not rough either and it retains its shape really well after washing. I've had this brush for over 4 years and haven't experienced any shedding so, I must be one of the lucky ones. Very satisfied with the purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC brushes, but I'm not a fan of this brush. It is in between the size of the 129, and the 109. But, It has kind of a paddle shape, so I find it hard to apply blush with. It's made of natural natural, and it sheds a ton. I had it for a couple months before I finally returned it. I like to use the 168 to apply blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

This brush isn't great. Mine is still shedding TO THIS DAY (I've had it for 6 months), and it applies alright but the amount of shedding is just off-putting, and also gets in the way of application. I know that shedding varies brush to brush, so keep that in mind. Comparably though, the Nars Yachiyo is 10x better than this brush easily, in terms of application, packaging, shedding, everything. I think there are better brushes out there, simply put. I regret this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The size is perfect. Perfect for small faces, more precise application, blending and sculpting. The form is also good, a rounded but flat on both sides slightly tapered brush.

BUT I dont like that it feels sort of rough. AND IT SHEDS! That is a big no no. I spent a good amount on this brush so I expected it to be durable.

I will be searching for a new blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sroben

My HG blush brush - love love love! It doesn't shed, it provides the perfect amount of blush, and it lasts forever. I love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've suffered major blush woes in my life, mainly because I've never found a brush that applies it exactly where I want and gives me complete control to use. Sigma, Real Techniques and Bdellium tools, I've used brushes from these brands but I never was completely satisfied with the outcome. But, all that has now changed since I bought the 116! The most recent brush to my collection, I utterly love it. I was so torn between the 129 and 116, but I'm so glad I went for the latter. It's small head applies the blush EXACTLY where I want it to be applied, and distributes colour on my cheeks evenly, no matter what the blush formula is, loose, sheertone, shimmer etc. I just turn it on it's side and then apply my blush upwards towards my hairline. I think it works so well because the hairs are natural, not synthetic. Very soft too. No more blush issues for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I've been investing in MAC brushes, and I've been happy with every single one of them. I use the 116 for blush, and it works great. I haven't tried other high-end brush lines, but all my MAC brushes appear to be excellent quality. The hairs rarely shed. My only complaint is the brush #'s wear off the handle, which can be annoying. I like to know exactly what I'm using, especially if I need to replace or buy backup brushes. For that I will take off 1 point, but I still would repurchase/recommend the 116 blush brush, as well as MAC brushes in general.

I've also read from the blog of makeup artist Stephen Moleski (whose work is so beautiful) that he uses MAC brushes and that they are free-range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is great for contouring and applying blush. The hairs are very soft. My only problem is it sheds...not as bad as the 129, but still, when I spend $34 on a brush, I don't expect it to start shedding the first couple of times I use it. I can deal with it for now but eventually I am going to look for a replacement for it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is way too scratchy. It doesn't distribute the pigments well. There are a brushes that are cheaper and work so much better.