October 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kanebo - Kanebo Naive Aloe Vera Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I love it, I haven't been using it not too long and I'm almost done! Found it at the local asian supermarket along with the other millions of japanese body soaps. This one caught my eye has it claims to have aloe in it. Ingredients do have a lot of detergents in it, but I give it props for cleaning my back so well. Theres a million other japanese body soaps to try, so there is a high chance of me coming back to this one as I'm attracted to the aloe part.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by crazylazy1004

I have been using this face wash for almost a decade! It's mild and it miraculously cut my acne by at least 75% when i first started using it and it has maintained my clear since then. i pair it with a salicylic acid moisturizer and a regular moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated.
naive foams up really well, smells really nice, and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

***UPDATE***

I no longer use this wash. It was fun while it lasted, but it's cleaning ability is sub-standard. I need something to make my skin truly clean. I now use DHC's Mild Body Shampoo, which not only makes my skin feel utterly fresh and clean after use, but also helps to control breakouts on my back.

KNAVS is a bit too drying overtime. It's not suprising considering that it loading with all types of detergents. But it is still better than most.

***

Despite being loaded with unpronounceable detergents, this body wash by Kaneno is suprisingly mild and is actually better than anything I tried at the drugstore.

The LATHER in this product is excellent, if not, downright luxurious! As someone mentioned on the board, the lather is beyond foamy (!), quite dense, and can feel like shaving cream on your body! I looked forward to cleaning with this product in the evenings, 'cause it was just fun to use!

The CLEANING ABILITY of this wash is decent. It doesn't clean as good as other body washes. This is really the downpoint of this wash. It just isn't a strong cleanser, and fails to remove serious grime, which is strange, considering the fact that it contains a number of detergents.

After showering or bathing, your skin will FEEL soft and touchably smooth, not to mention fresh! It will not dry out skin or give skin that uncomfortable tightening, itchy sensation that can be felt with virtually every body wash on the American health & beauty market (sensitive skin people can empathize)!!

The SCENT of the aloe wash is okay, nothing great-- well, it's actually somewhat irritating; it is reminiscent of dishwashing detergent. I would rather it smell more pleasing. Kanebo also makes a Peach and Yuzu fruit scent wash, which I can imagine would smell much better.

This formula is quite concentrated. I was using 3+ pumps to clean my body early on and I later began to develop apparent dryness on my arms and neck, so I started using only 2 squirts for my entire body. This has worked for me-- no more bothersome dryness.

This wash is a good VALUE. Due to it's high concentration and large pump bottle, expect to get well over a month of fun, super-bubbly cleaning. It costs around $9.00 and can be purchased online or at selected Asian grocers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kaskait

I purchased the liquid version of this soap in my local Japanese supermarket.

It is wonderful. This soap never leaves my hands feeling dry or rough. The soap feels watery but creates a thick lather. It also has a gentle scent that is not too perfumey.

I'm addicted to this product. Buy it, if it is available near you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by jsc0702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the liquid version of this soap and use it as a shower gel. It has a wonderful creamy consistency and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, but never dried out. I have tried so many other so-called moisturizing bath products and they all left the skin on my arms and legs feeling tight and dry. This one is truly an exception. In fact, I even use this is an alternative to shaving cream for my legs. It comes in a convenient pump bottle, is very affordably priced, and can be readily purchased at asian markets or online. Love it and highly recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 1:50:00 AM More reviews by piyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have the liquid pump version of this soap. this is fantastic stuff! i had been using various bar soaps such as dove and always had somewhat dry skin. with this stuff however (which is sulfate free), my skin never feels dry anymore and is super smooth and soft instead (even wo/ any lotion). i also love the consistency - it lathers like crazy and turns into a really dense foam (much like a shaving cream). and the huge pump bottle is super convenient! if you have a japanese supermarket near you, you should definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2003 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Mariolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A dear friend of mine from Japan recently sent me a few cosmetic goodies from there and one of the things she sent me are these Kanebo Naive Aloe Vera bar soaps. They are FANTASTIC!!!!! They're white like snow and they have the most adorable and most beautiful scent I've ever found in a bar soap! It leaves my hands very soft, clean and smooth and the scent is so pretty! I always look forward to washing my hands and then I can't stop sniffing them! hehe...I don't know if I'll be able to find them here in the US too but I'll certainly try! This is an awesome soap and if you get a chance to try it, please do!! You'll love it...I do!! ^_^