December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

About a month in, and it's just ok. I do think it's helping me with eye puffy-ness, and a dry skin issue on my eyelid. One thing I've noticed is that if I use it after using my prescription facial wash (for my acne), my eyes sting. I thought I was doing a good job keeping my medicated cleanser out of my eye area, but obviously not! The Vitamin E nighttime cream doesn't sting after using the wash, but the eye cream does. Curious. Anyhow, this is just an OK product; I got in in a 3 for $30 deal, for a tenner I don't regret it, but I'm not convinced that I will buy it again per se.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hennuv

I used for about 4-5 months. It did not help reduce the puffiness under my eyes nor did it really improve my dark circles. But what is worse, over time I noticed these small white bumps starting to form under my eyes! And it must have been this product because before using this I never had such a thing and after not using it for 5 months they have gone away.
My advice: if you really want a good eye cream go buy the clinique all about eyes eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This eye cream did not work for me. First I will say that it did not hydrate my under eyes, nor did it help with puffiness as it claims. I used for about 2 weeks and didn't like it. Put it away for a month and thought I'd give it another try. Well it had separated. Only an oil came out then a cream. After only having it 2 months makes this a fail. If all that wasn't enough- you cannot use this under makeup. The makeup clings to it and balls up. I don't know who this would work for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh i got it for 10$ and its just okay, just a cream but i dont find it hydrates for too long :/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent eye cream for a good price compared to what else you'd find on the market.

I specifically sought out the SA for an eye cream that would help with dark circles. Though it only improved my dark circles slightly - it definitely didn't make it worse.
Also it didn't irritate my skin so it gets bonus points for that. My skin gets dry really fast and I found this really moisturizing.

Moreover, the quantity you get for the price is pretty darn decent. It definitely lasted me a while. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because I'm willing to see if there's anything else that would work better.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pointless and overpriced. Did almost nothing for my eye area. I found the humble oatmeal mask a far, far, far superior treatment (especially for puffy eyebags). I would not recommend this unless you have lots of cash to splurge and don't mind spending money on less-than-effective products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Love the packaging - very sanitary! With the price, this is a great eye cream that kept my under eye areas very moisturized. I didn't really notice much improvement with my dark circles or fine lines. Luckily, I don't have too much issues with those yet. But that is the case with every eye cream I have ever tried. Maybe you will see more result if you continue using it tube after tube...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

When I purchased this eye cream I wasn't looking for a miracle product. I needed an eye cream with a light consistency to wear during the day underneath my makeup and this eye cream was perfect. It's hydrating enough without being sticky. This eye cream is perfect for young skin that just want extra hydration. I bought this when TBS had their 40% off skincare event so the price is not bad. Also a little goes a long way,it took me over a year to finished up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DeeDanosaur

Once again, I just walked into TBS and impulsively bought stuff without checking reviews!

I bought this because the lady guaranteed that it would help with my dark circles, but I was hesitant because it seems like too little product for the price (almost 20$).

I like the smell, so it doesn't bother me. A dot is more than enough as it spreads when you're dabbing it around your eye.
At first it did work, I saw that the dark circles were reducing. I can't really say anything about fine lines because I don't really have any,
Word of advice: You need to get enough sleep and combine it with the cream to see any results!

However I noticed that after a while, I'd wake up in the morning and the skin under my eye would feel so tight, sticky and plastic/fake. I'm not really sure how else to describe it but it was uncomfortable.

On the bright side, it made applying concealer a lot easier! It acted as a base so concealer just glided on. I still use it for that purpose.

I do use this product often, if not daily as it does an okay job at moisturizing. I just don't understand why it's one of TBS's best selling products if I see constant negative reviews everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love TBS's Vitamin E skincare line in general, but I'm just not impressed with this particular product. It claimed to help with fine lines, but did nothing of the sort. In fact, it did absolutely nothing at all besides provide basic hydration -- and in that case, I would have been better off just using my regular moisturizer. I'm of the opinion that although TBS makes great body and skincare products, their eye creams don't have any anti-aging effects whatsoever (I've tried the Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream in the past and it was much the same as this one).

I'm 25 with generally good skin and only the faintest lines beginning to form underneath my eyes. I was looking for a good product to help with this concern, and this product sadly isn't a winner.

If you have no signs of aging and are only looking for an eye cream to moisturize, then this will work for you. But for fine lines and/or dark circles, this doesn't do anything.

I've since moved on to a Retinol eye cream (RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream) and THAT has been doing wonders.