The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

2.5 stars. I have used three different eye creams by The Body Shop over the years; this one, Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo, and Aloe Vera Eye Defense.

My comment for all of them is the same; Good only to use under make-up as a base, or if you have Normal/Combination skin type and need no care other than average moisturizing effect. Out of the three this one has the best scent for my like.

A lot of eye creams are really expensive and I don't want to use expensive products as a make-up base. I usually keep two eye creams at home, one for skin care (now that I'm 30, I need extra treatment for fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles), another as make-up base. I might still get this cream or another eye cream from The Body Shop for the latter purpose, why spend so much money for make-up base? If you are a teenager or in your early 20s and do not have dry eye area or have no dark circle problem, this product might very well be enough for you. When I was a teenager The Body Shop was my to-go brand with its price and I only needed a little moisture anyway. Well, I have purpleness on my undereye area since 12, but I have such fair and thin skin I don't expect any miracles for that.

My biggest complaint though, none of the Body Shop eye creams have any sunscreen in it. I would give three stars if it had sunscreen.

I don't know why this product has such a low rating! If I could give it 10 stars I would. This eye cream is only £12, but I paid much less for it as I got a 30% off discount code on the Body Shop site (they often have promos like this, so look around for a code if you need one!). I think this is unbelievable value for money and is now my holy grail eye cream. Prior to buying this I had a terrible problem with creasing under my eyes (I have 1 or 2 fine lines that only show up when I put makeup on), no matter what concealer or eye cream I used, it would crease like crazy and I swear I would look 10 years older! Not to mention the concealer would never sit properly, always look odd and dry - I had tried multiple different concealers and eye cream combos to stop the creasing, to no avail. BUT when I tried this Body Shop eye cream, suddenly....NO CREASING! I tried it with all my concealers and not one of them creased - I put it all down to this new eye cream! I couldn't believe how smooth my under eyes looked! I noticed results with literally one use, and the longer you use it (you have to be consistent) the better my under eyes look - more hydrated, less dark and much more smooth under concealer. Will buy forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It feels ultra greasy under my eyes and on my eyelids. Doesn't really do anything at all. No significant changes in my undereye area after months of use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i found this product way to expensive for what it does but it is again the body shop so i expected to pay big money for it but i expect good quality results. I only applied this product after i wore heavy liner winged liner as thats when the skin on the sides of my eyes dries out so i use this to add moisture. I did however use it for a few months at night to get rid of my dark circles and puffiness it got rid of both for a certain amount of time then i skipped putting it on for a few weeks as i was away and i was straight back to square one. I gonna take my chances and try a drugstore own brand eye cream as it will cost a fraction of the price with most likely the same results.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product isn't worth $20. It doesn't even moisturize my under eyes well enough to apply concealer. And it so does not help with dark circles like it claims. Might as well use the vitamin e moisture cream as an eye cream since it basically has the same ingredients and comes in a bigger tube. But, yeah I won't be purchasing the eye cream ever again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I gave this product a dozen tries over the last couple of weeks. It leaves my eyes feeling super dry in the morning. Dark circles are still there and maybe the puffiness under the eyes do go away but it is not worth it. The skin around your eyes will dry out.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am pretty sure that this eye cream gave me like whitehead bumps under my eyes. Ugh!

It's not good.. I love The Body Shop to pieces but this is not a good eye cream. You need to give it a good shake before you use it or water comes out. It's a clumpy cream. It's just awkward, it's a weird cream and not worth investing in. Only reason I did is because I switched all my body/skincare products over the The Body Shop because they are cruelty free and I needed an eye cream. Really pointless. Sorry :(

It's a waste. I bought this cream on sale and stated using it only after a month of buying, since my old cream was still left. As soon as I opened it the cream and the water had separated. It smelt weird! just a month of shelf storage that would happen in the shop anyway! The tube showed an expiry date two years from the date I opened it. After discarding some of the initial cream I got a little fine consistency. I still tried applying it for a week, in which it neither hydrated my under eye area nor did anything better.. it was sticky and use less. After a week I was convinced it had gone rancid and finally discarded it. A big waste of money.

About a month in, and it's just ok. I do think it's helping me with eye puffy-ness, and a dry skin issue on my eyelid. One thing I've noticed is that if I use it after using my prescription facial wash (for my acne), my eyes sting. I thought I was doing a good job keeping my medicated cleanser out of my eye area, but obviously not! The Vitamin E nighttime cream doesn't sting after using the wash, but the eye cream does. Curious. Anyhow, this is just an OK product; I got in in a 3 for $30 deal, for a tenner I don't regret it, but I'm not convinced that I will buy it again per se.