July 22, 2014 | 1276 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent eye cream for a good price compared to what else you'd find on the market.

I specifically sought out the SA for an eye cream that would help with dark circles. Though it only improved my dark circles slightly - it definitely didn't make it worse.
Also it didn't irritate my skin so it gets bonus points for that. My skin gets dry really fast and I found this really moisturizing.

Moreover, the quantity you get for the price is pretty darn decent. It definitely lasted me a while. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because I'm willing to see if there's anything else that would work better.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pointless and overpriced. Did almost nothing for my eye area. I found the humble oatmeal mask a far, far, far superior treatment (especially for puffy eyebags). I would not recommend this unless you have lots of cash to splurge and don't mind spending money on less-than-effective products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Love the packaging - very sanitary! With the price, this is a great eye cream that kept my under eye areas very moisturized. I didn't really notice much improvement with my dark circles or fine lines. Luckily, I don't have too much issues with those yet. But that is the case with every eye cream I have ever tried. Maybe you will see more result if you continue using it tube after tube...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

When I purchased this eye cream I wasn't looking for a miracle product. I needed an eye cream with a light consistency to wear during the day underneath my makeup and this eye cream was perfect. It's hydrating enough without being sticky. This eye cream is perfect for young skin that just want extra hydration. I bought this when TBS had their 40% off skincare event so the price is not bad. Also a little goes a long way,it took me over a year to finished up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DeeDanosaur

Once again, I just walked into TBS and impulsively bought stuff without checking reviews!

I bought this because the lady guaranteed that it would help with my dark circles, but I was hesitant because it seems like too little product for the price (almost 20$).

I like the smell, so it doesn't bother me. A dot is more than enough as it spreads when you're dabbing it around your eye.
At first it did work, I saw that the dark circles were reducing. I can't really say anything about fine lines because I don't really have any,
Word of advice: You need to get enough sleep and combine it with the cream to see any results!

However I noticed that after a while, I'd wake up in the morning and the skin under my eye would feel so tight, sticky and plastic/fake. I'm not really sure how else to describe it but it was uncomfortable.

On the bright side, it made applying concealer a lot easier! It acted as a base so concealer just glided on. I still use it for that purpose.

I do use this product often, if not daily as it does an okay job at moisturizing. I just don't understand why it's one of TBS's best selling products if I see constant negative reviews everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love TBS's Vitamin E skincare line in general, but I'm just not impressed with this particular product. It claimed to help with fine lines, but did nothing of the sort. In fact, it did absolutely nothing at all besides provide basic hydration -- and in that case, I would have been better off just using my regular moisturizer. I'm of the opinion that although TBS makes great body and skincare products, their eye creams don't have any anti-aging effects whatsoever (I've tried the Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream in the past and it was much the same as this one).

I'm 25 with generally good skin and only the faintest lines beginning to form underneath my eyes. I was looking for a good product to help with this concern, and this product sadly isn't a winner.

If you have no signs of aging and are only looking for an eye cream to moisturize, then this will work for you. But for fine lines and/or dark circles, this doesn't do anything.

I've since moved on to a Retinol eye cream (RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream) and THAT has been doing wonders.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by gracieux98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I was looking for a nice eye cream that was also affordable. There was a period of time that I was hooked onto The Body Shop products a few years ago due to the several deals they had often, so I decided to try their eye cream as well. This was one of their topsellers on their website. If you are looking for an effective eye cream for firming or dark circles, this is not the one for you. Aside from some moisturizing, it really doesn't do much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I fairly believe that I will be getting back to this product again, once I run out of gentle eye cream options.

I would recomment this product to those of you who have young skin that needs hydration on a daily basis, and as a pre-makeup protection for the sensitive skin around the eyes.

Texture: it is very light, non-watery (which is good) formulation with a very neutral scent to it.

Application: product glides on very smoothly and you don't need much of it at all, I take a very small lentil-pea size amount and gently work it under my eyes.

Feel: it feels very smooth and hydrating. I find it comforts my skin all day long, even with heavier concealers on top of it.

Does it live up to its claims? I don't think so. Except being a good soft everyday moisturizer for your eyes - this product won't solve your undereye bags or dark circles problems, nor will it help with reducing any lines. To be honest this is a great first eye product for younger women, who have yet no clear signs of aging.

If you just look for something to hydrate your eye-skin nicely - try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jessmcl1200

I love this product! I use it in the morning under my eyes to get rid of the dark circles and some puffiness. it's especially good for when you've stayed up studying into the late hours of the night. overall I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love TBS products because they are all CRUELTY FREE; however some of their products are hit or miss. This eye cream is not a miss but it's also not a hit...i would say it is average. It works at moisturizing my eyes and reducing puffiness. As far as reducing dark circles I typically don't have any; I don't have signs of aging around my eyes which might be correlated to my daily use of eye cream since I was 26 so I can't state any opinions regarding that. I do like the consistency of this eye cream since it sinks into my skin without leaving any greasy residue and it doesn't affect my eyes if some of this product gets into them. I would buy this again if I needed an eye cream in a pinch, but I think I will still be on the lookout for my HG cruelty free eye cream.