April 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Vita-K - Solution for Dark Circles Under Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by daffpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Cheap price, cheap packaging, cheap product... what do you expect? No results obviously. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product despite the so-so reviews I read elsewhere. In retrospect, I probably should have taken the reviews to heart and saved my money but I really wanted to try to get rid of my hereditary dark circles. It really does little to eliminate dark circles and it's a pain (literally) to use.

I bought this about five months ago at my local Wal-Mart. I paid around $12 for it and used it in conjunction with Philosophy's Help Me, a retinol cream which supposedly helps vitamin K absorb into your skin. Truth be told, I got better results with applying Help Me alone. First of all, this product burns your eyes like holy hell. It doesn't matter how careful you are, the serum will somehow find its way to your eye and burn it. I'm not talking slightly uncomfortable, I'm talking serious burning. Every time I would apply this before bed, I would end up sitting up in bed for at least 10 minutes with tears streaming down my face. I'm not being facetious at all when I say that. It BURNS!

In addition to the hell-fire like burning, the serum itself just feels uncomfortable and chalk-like on the skin. After it dries, it leaves a film that flakes off and crusts on your eyes area. I feel like this actually dries out my under eye area which is one of the last things I want to do. I could live with these side effects if the product actually worked, but it does nothing to speak of.

The packaging itself is also a pain to use. I don't know if I got a defective pump or what, but the pump I have is nearly impossible to use. I have to press down with both hands to dispense any product. As a result, I end up getting way too much serum out.

I had nearly a full bottle left, but I threw it away because I'd rather deal with dark under eye circles than burning eyes and a dry eye area. I'm also not too keen on waking up with flaky crust all over my eyes. I think I'll stick to taking Vitamin K tabs and using Help Me all by itself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is so bad...it made my skin flake, it did not decrease puffiness or do anything to my lighten or hide my dark undereyes. It's also impossible to get an even coat of cream concealer over the top of it. I used the Vita-K faithfully until I hit the bottom of the bottle (we're talking twelve weeks of use versus the 4-6 weeks recommended on the label) and I absolutely did not get any noticeable result. Waste of time, waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG...BURN BURN BURN!!!! This stuff made me tear up and burned so bad, I tried keeping my eyes completely closed so they wouldn't catch the vapor's (I guess thats what was causing the burn) but decided this just isn't worth the trouble. NO I did not put this in my actual eye, I put it under my eyes where I have dark circles and it was ridiculous, like someone set off tear gas in my bathroom! HATE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Pandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok ...first of all I am confused how the heck this stuff is burning you ladies? are you putting it IN YOUR EYE?

I have had NO signs of burning however like another poster, I have experienced the "drying" its like it puts a coating under my eyes that FEELS like a thin sheet of rough paper - CANNOT figure out what the heck is going on there but this stuff does clear up my circles/darkness.

I just need to find something to counteract the dryness...any suggestions?

I have OILY skin too so this is frustrating! grrrrrr

It loses a lippy for the drying affect but other than that I realllly love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is awful stuff. I have dark circles under my eyes. Guess what this product did? Made them worse! Is that even possible!?!? Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've finally given up on this product and threw it out this morning. I was looking for something that would help reduce the appearance of my dark circles but this has done nothing but STUNG my eye! I only bought it for $6 but save your money and the pain, this stuff sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have been using this product for about 20 years now. whereas it does not get rid of my undereye circles completely..it does the best job of any product i have found. there is stinging...but after 20 years...i can definately tolerate it. now i am in my 40's and i've noticed that most women have crow's feet...i don't have any. could be genetics(won't that be nice of mom?) or it could very well be this product.
i personally prefer the original (and just reordered some from drugstore.com) the professional left white residue under my eyes..not the most attractive look for me. :)
i'm truly sorry for those of you that don't like this product..for me it has been a godsend.
kisses
tkk

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by glitterandgold

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it burns!! and it also made my skin start to peel off - not a fan of this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HotMadonna

This is a horrible product! I got this to correct my dark circles and to use to prevent dark circles when I don't get enough sleep. I also like to have moisture from my eye cream.. This stuff is insanely drying to the eye area, it cracked the skin under my eyes and made it look like I had deep wrinkles and I'm only 23 years old! I am so mad at myself for losing the receipt, but I have a feeling even if I went through the trouble of sending it back to the company, they probably wouldn't refund it because probably everyone that bought it has done the same and they can't afford all those refunds.