September 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rootedinlove

I have acne prone, oily skin and this product is a life saver. I use it in the morning and it is the perfect gentle exfoliator to prepare my face for makeup. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I also notice it has been helping clear my face after 2 days (but of course combined with other products). Definitely will repurchase! xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

This stuff is so ridiculously good. I am such a Queen Helene's fan. The scrub itself is saturated with tiny bits of sand which is so NICE compared to a lot of other scrubs where there is barely any scrubbing agents (I've used a lot). This product has a nice subtle mint smell and leaves my skin smooth, tingly, and healthy looking. I used this daily so my makeup application goes on super smooth and obviously my skin feels healthier. Also it does not dry at all like many other scrubs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Sugarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've literally searched high and low for any Queen Helene products as I've researched the products and continuously heard great things from this line. Upon visiting my local Sally's one day, I was surprised to not only find the famous Mint Julep FACE MASQUE but also this facial scrub!!!
I have an oily-combo skin, mainly acne-prone in the T-zone area. In comparison to the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, I found that the walnut grains were much more smooth and smaller in this product than the sharp grains in the St. Ives, which did not irritate my skin to the raw pink it usually turned after using the other scrub. The menthol scent was pleasant and after scrubbing, I felt very polished and smooth, with no excessive dryness or the 'tight-squeaky-clean' feeling. It was a wonderful exfoliant that I found out to be rather gentle and cheap for the amount you get, yet still did the job.
It says that it is gentle enough for every day use, but I still use it how I would any other exfoliant- every once or twice a week. It's good to scrub off the dead skin cells from the week after using a daily cleanser everyday and I absolutely loved how it came in a tube form rather than a tub of it. Definitely a lovely facial scrub and tempts me to try out other Queen Helene products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

Great stuff! Its great to get off stubborn eyeliner or mascara. It smells great and doesn't dry my skin out. I use it everyday and leaves my skin clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

HG face scrub for sure! I've been using the mint julep mask for a while now, at least a couple of months, and had been exfoliating prior to it using the Neutrogena Acne Stress Controll scrub (or something like that). I think it breaks me out, so a few weeks ago i picked this up from Sally's after seeing all the good reviews here on makeupalley. I have to say, I'm so impressed with this! It's really gentle, but when used with my clarisonic mia (or even alone for that matter) I still feel like my skin is being throughly exfoliated. I havent broken out from it and my blackheads have decreased a bit. I cant speak to wheather or not this will help with acne as i rarely break out anymore, but i dont think it will aggravate acne or make it worse. Overall, I really reccommend everyone try this out. I think it was around five bucks, and the only place ive seen it is Sally's Beauty Supply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

I really liked this! My skin felt super soft and clean after using this and overall, I just love how my skin felt. This says it's gentle enough for everyday use which I appreciated however, I just used it every 2-3 days. I love how this isn't as abrasive as the St. Ives scrub but at the same time it wasn't something too gentle where I felt like it wasn't scrubbing away my dead skin cells. It's a good balance between the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by shezstubborn

I love this stuff!! I use it almost everyday during my morning routine. It smells great and makes my skin look so clean and fresh after washing it off. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by thetammyest

This stuff smells so good and feels so fresh, it could be $20 and I might still repurchase. Not sure if it "makes a difference" but it refreshes me and washes/exfoliates my face. Definitely gentle enough to use every day. Then again, my skin is pretty tough, it's been through way too many acne treatments. I would definitely recommend this if you ever need to feel refreshed or relaxed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this has completely replaced St Ives apricot scrub for me. I like this more because the granules are much smaller. I love St Ives, but I started thinking the grains could be irritating because they're large and not consistent beads. I also had trouble finding something thick enough with a lot of scrub to it. This is a thick consistency and the scrubbys are very fine so I don't feel like I'm scratching my skin. I like the smell. I wish they had an option containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide so I could replace my BP face wash. This does a great job keeping my skin smooth by sloughing the surface ( I'm on a retin-a and 5%BP regimen)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by chocosweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
I love this! I use this for 1 year already as my facial wash. Err, when I use make up or sunscreen, i use another makeup remover, then use this scrub.
What I love:
cleans my pores,
reduce my tiny clogged pores (I used to have loads of them popping every week, but since starting this, the amount of clogged pores popping out have reduces 90%),
remove dead skin (as I use glycolic toner daily, low percentage though, not more than 5%)
minty smell, fresh, I just love mint-related
1 tube last me 6 months,
cheap for big tube! got it from iherb below $4! (use YOF209 coupon to get discount there)

What I dislike:
erm,,perhaps the availability, becoz I need to order online (not available locally in my hometown--not singapore---so yeah, but hey 1 tube lasts for 6 months, just need to stock up 2 tubes for 1 year usage, 2x daily)

good product for the price!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No