October 20, 2014 | 1135 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Matte Anti-Shine [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Probably one of the worst primers I have ever tried out. I bought it because of the great reviews and the fact that I sometimes can be EXTREMELY oily. I get most oily around my nose, on my chin and on my forehead - I get so oily that you almost can take a bath in my skin, it's ridiculous. Luckily, it's not like this all the time.... ;) I tried out Photo Matte when my skin were at its worst and it didn't do ANYTHING. Nothing. Nada. I don't even need to go into details, because this product is just crap. I used it for about one week and I don't think I'll ever use it again. I might try it out a couple more times just to be 100% sure about it being rubbish, but I'm quite sure I won't change my mind. It's so bad, SO BAD!

UPDATE: YUP, it's rubbish. I really understand why they discontinued it. IT SUCKS!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by annabelcharlotte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this was absolutely rubbish. Trying to put make up over the top was horrible. Might aswell have not worn a primer and saved myself £17. Absolutely rubbish would not recommend at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

I'm EXTREMELY oily. Like to the point where I get oily 30 minutes after washing my face. So I've tried a TON of mattifying primers and just primers in general. I've used ones specific for oil control such as UD deslick and MUFE all mat primer. Both make it impossible to blend foundation over and makeup your skin and foundation look very patchy. So I was definitely hesitant to pick this up for the price and for the amount u get which isn't much but a little of this goes along way. I only use it in my tZone and a little on my cheeks which is where I get most oily. I let it dry for a couple minutes before I put foundation on and then continue my routine as normal. It doesn't make my foundation look weird or cakey and it definitely helps control oil way more than any other primer has. It's not a miracle worker cuz I still get some oil about 4-5 hours after application but nothing compared to how it would be without this. Definitely loving it and anyone with oily skin should give this a try

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by girl1nterupted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely oily skin and have been looking for a primer for a while. I was using Clinque's universal primer but it doesn't really cater specifically for oily skin. I saw this and thought why not, its amazing!! I use it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear and I literally don't have to blot for like 8 hours. You can also use this on top of your make up if you need to touch up, its extremely matte and just sinks into the skin really nicely.

I would recommend for very oily skin, and I will be definitely purchasing this again!

X

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Jselig15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works like a charm. I don't necessarily have the oiliest complexion, but throughout the day my T zone does get shiny which I HATE. I bought this from Ulta, put it on right when I got home and my nose has yet to look the least bit oily. It's been 5 hours since so I definitely recommend this to anyone in need. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Kestral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I have been using it since it first came out (I think; and back then there were a lot more ingredients). Back when I first started using this i had very very oily skin with terrible acne and my mom wouldn't let me wear any makeup, it was the only thing i used but it still worked fairly well. then for some reason i stop using it and started looking at other products, but i couldn't find anything that worked as well. And believe me, I tried every product i could get my hands on! Now I started using it again and it works great! i also use Mat Velvet+ by Makeup Forever liquid foundation and sometimes I use NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation (in addition to the mat velvet); together they work fabulous! Although now (about 3 years later) my skin is slightly less oily than what it was before and my acne has almost completely gone away. Also, I have realized that there is no product that can make me perfectly oil free. but this product is the best one I have used. I would definitely buy this again, it also lasts a long time because you really don't need to use that much.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Sunflower5418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have excessively oily skin. However, I found that all this "primer" really does is create rough patches that are not suitable for blending foundation over. I hate wearing this under any kind of makeup, and if i wear it without makeup I end up with a dull grayish cast wherever I applied it. Also, it tends to fly out of the tube in little spurts that end up on the mirror or the wall, so be careful. ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by leanndemetro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OBSESSED! I can't live without it. I have very oily dewey skin but a pretty good complexion. I hate wearing a lot of makeup because I have a nice patch of freckles on my nose and tops of my cheeks that I don't want to hide so I prefer to stick to concealer and powder and the occasional blush or bronzer, but I always get oily throughout the day! I moisturize so I don't overproduce oil, I use a toner after I moisturize, I've tried so many matte primers and lotions and they all are awful! But this is amazing! the trick is to put in on and gently smooth on skin when your skin is feeling a bit dewey-it corrects it immediately and will last me all day and night--even in Florida humidity and even when I'm out drinking with the girls or dancing! Please do yourself a favor and buy it, it's worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by asianl0vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another product I have to use every day. I have extremely oily skin so this product is a must. There definitely is a learning curve to this product. And it does get chalky sometimes, which is why I took off a lippy. But still, this is a staple in my regimen. I use this after my bb cream and compact powder. I used a tiny amount, maybe 1/4 of a pea or less, for my nose, for each cheek, and my forehead. You MUST pat this product on, not rub it. And right when you start patting, you must distribute this as evenly as possible all over the area you are applying it to, or else it will appear chalky if there is a even a little bit more product in one "pat" than another. Even after 4 years of using this, a a few white spots still appear here and there. Also, having used this product for 4 years, I have found that wearing a moisturizer w/ spf will make getting chalky spots easier for some reason. To avoid chalky spots, just remember to use as little product as possible, and pat pat pat! Although my skin is so oily that it does melt thru this product in about 6-8 hours, it is the best product I have found that I have had any success with to control the oil on my face. Comparable, is Urban Decay's De-Slick in a Tube. It's about the same price, but the consistency is just a little bit more fluid, which might make it easier to apply evenly. Even so, the mattifying power of this one is definitely the best I have found.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This primer has a gel like consistency, and feel cool to the touch when you put it on. It dries quickly and leaves a very matte smooth feel to the skin. When I use this, I do think my foundation lasts longer. You can supposedly use this over makeup as well, but I never have. I rarely have the need to touch up. This is different than the usual sort of primer that I'm used to. I use this in the summer only. My skin dries out a bit in the winter so I don't find ths product necessary in cooler weather.