April 23, 2014 | 1329 users online

Eyeliner - Mary Kay - Signature Eyeliner - Violet

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by torisuffocation

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to reapply it like 5 times for any color and when I did get some color it smeared, plus the color wasn't very nice. Plus it ran out after like one use. The twist thingy didn't work. I would not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not like the color of this eye pencil or the consistency. It's too bright purple in my opinion, and it's too dry. This one is sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer. I have yet to find a plum/purple liner that I have ever liked. If anyone can recommend one, please let me know...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the color of this. It's almost brown, the color pay-off isn't good, it fades easily and it's kind of expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its so hard to apply evenly. Its not smooth or anything, it half applies and is very dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mg1363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This purple eyeliner is great for making brown and green eyes stand out and smolder but it is a bit more difficult than other Mary Kay eyeliners to put on. It's a bit dry and is hard to get right up to the base of the lashes. you end up with a line of bare skin in between the lash line and your eyeliner. Overall the best purple automatic pencil liner I've found and I would buy it again but really the other colors tend to be a better buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best purple eyeliners I have come across. I purchased this from touchofpink.com, a website that sells discounted Mary Kay products- it was only $4.75. full price of $9.50 I think its is to high (The only other good purple eyeliner I have found is Almay's, which is around $6.00)

It is a true blue based purple, for me it applies nicely although it may be a little "drier" than other shades. Its nicely pigmented although its not real good for lining the inside rims of your eyes (use black for that). Lasts all day for me- doesn't seem to smear as easy as "standard" colors like black or brown. My only minor complaint is that the tip tends to break of very easily if its twisted up even a little.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

I love Mary Kay eyeliners and I will continue to purchase and use Mary Kay eyeliners, just not in Violet. I really wanted to like it, it is like the color Violet in a box of Crayola crayons. Unfortunately, it applies chunky, and not smooth like the other Mary Kay eyeliner colors I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this in a swap. This is a good liner. It's a very nice color, but frankly it is very overpriced. I have Prestige waterproof automatic eyeliners that run circles around this and I only paid $4.99 for those. MK wants $9.50 for this. it dosn't apply with much pigment (for the price you would think the pigment could be stronger). Prestige liners are more pigmented than this. I will use this, however when it's gone I will replace it with a Prestige e/l.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Got a sample in a swap and am not overly impressed. This is a mechanical liner (which I generally only tolerate--I really prefer pencils you can sharpen) in a medium, blue-based violet purple. No shimmer or interesting effects. Just a plain purple liner. It's nice enough and has decent lasting power (smudged slightly on me, however) but IMHO Mary Kay products are rather overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 3:48:00 AM More reviews by 24bee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Growing up in the 80's, I have sworn off colored eyeliner of all shades. A nice slate or a sable is all I thought I needed. So imagine my surprise to fall in love with this! My consultant suggested I try it for fun (I was at a party for a friend) This made my blue eyes stand out nicely, without it looking like I was wearing purple liner. I've gotten more compliments on my eyes since I started wearing this. And I've had no problems with it not going on smooth. I will definately bee keeping this on hand.