Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

4.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Green 6, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dipotassium Phosphate, Copper Sulfate, Geraniol, Disodium Edta, Potassium Phosphate, Citronellol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Too oily for me. It does remove waterproof makeup but leaves oil all over the eyes. My sensitive eyes can't coop with that.

Lancome's bi facil is not a bad makeup remover. It does its job but not nearly as great as the Clarins Instant Eye makeup remover. I used to use this religiously to get my waterproof mascara and eye makeup off, it was quite a journey taking off that mascara but it eventually came off. When I got a sample of the Clarins makeup remover, time spent taking off that waterproof mascara was cut in half. I feel like the oil in the Clarins remover is better at dissolving waterproof makeup, whereas the oil in bi facil is really thin.

Very expensive for what it is.
It takes off eye makeup okay, I have to go in with several swipes to get mascara entirely off.
I don't like this because it leaves an oily film around my eyes, making it very uncomfortable and there are better oil/water eye makeup remover mixtures out there that are much more amazing than this and cost less.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In my opinion this is the king of the eye make up removers. I am still in search of a reasonably priced dupe but nothing comes close to this, and even though I definitely do not want to spend so much money on a eye make up remover I keep coming back to it.

It is gentle on the eyes and removes everything and does not leave your eyes neither oily nor dry, just the right amount of comfortness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makeup remover is amazing, it takes off even the most stubborn makeup. Price is a kind of steep but if you're looking for a great remover than try this! Only con for me is that I find the bottle to be leaky

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an average product. There isn't anything I can think of that really justifies the exorbitant price tag. Yes, it does work well, but so do other cheaper drugstore makeup removers (which is what made this product lose a lot of stars). It's also slightly fragranced, which I really hate. It doesn't have an oily feeling to it necessarily, but it does make your skin feel slightly soft after use (not bad, but it leaves behind a residue).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

First of all, it claims to be oil-free/not oily... I can tell you right now that this is a lie.

The packaging isn't bad, it's essentially a bottle that requires shaking (the formula separates), and has a hole in, for you to shake the product into cotton wool.

The formula itself is very effective, and wipes away eye makeup with ease. It's quite oily, and does leave a little residue on skin, but it's certainly thorough in removing all traces of makeup. It doesn't require much product, either.

Here are the flaws:
•it's fragranced! It's not a repulsive fragrance or anything, but who wants to put scented things on their eyes? Sort it out, Lancôme!
•it irritates the corners of my eyes ever so slightly- I have very dry and quite sensitive skin, but it's not THAT bad.

It's the best eye makeup remover I've tried, apart from one. If you're in the UK, get yourself to Boots as a matter of urgency, and but the No7 version of this. It's the same colour, and seems to be nearly the same formula, but doesn't irritate my skin at all! Plus it's 1/3 of the price- it's the ideal dupe, and the reason I won't repurchase the Lancome one!

This is the BEST eye makeup remover I've ever found. As I enter into my 30's I'm more careful about removing waterproof mascara, my eyebrow fill-in's, and everyday eyeshadow and creams. This was recommended to me by a friend as an eye makeup remover that isn't too oily, removes stubborn makeup easily, and doesn't cause sensitive or combination skin to breakout. I tried out the free travel size first and fell IN LOVE. I will keep buying this for as long as I wear makeup. I use it first thing before washing my face so that there is no left over oils or residue remaining afterwards. If you just wet a cotton round, place it over your eye and gently wiggle the remover into your lashes and eyeliner, and then go below the eye and swipe upwards to remove the lower and waterline eyeliner it removes everything after one or two times of doing it.

I started using a Chanel mascara that is terrific but really requires that you use some sort of eye-makeup remover at the end of the day. (I used to be able to just apply Cetaphil to get most of my eye makeup off.) I had a sample of this and I used it for a couple of days. It seemed to work fine in terms of removing the makeup, but it stung a teeny bit, which was a bit odd because I don't have terribly sensitive skin. This morning I woke up and my eyelids and under eye area were so dry and wrinkly I am not exaggerating when I say I panicked. Even though I'm 47, I have never really had a problem with a dry, wrinkled eye area. I suppose there is a chance that I just aged tremendously overnight, but given that the only thing I have changed in the last couple of days is adding this eye makeup remover that burns my eyes to my normal skincare routine, I'm going to guess that's what caused it. I went out and bought jojoba oil today to use as eye makeup remover going forward. Hopefully I can undo some of this damage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The most effective makeup remover for getting off waterproof mascara. I bought the larger 6.7 oz bottle after getting a deluxe sample from Sephora. I would give it five lippies if it were unscented and less expensive.

PROS
- Extremely effective for removing even long-wear eye makeup.
- Anything that can remove waterproof mascara is going to be oily, but at least this washes away nicely afterward.
- Less irritating to my skin/eye area than other makeup removers I've tried.
- The opening is small, so you're less likely to spill.

CONS
- Strong floral fragrance. Why are companies still making scented products for use around the eyes?!
- Makes my eyes a little bleary and very mildly irritated for a while...but anything else that actually dissolved waterproof mascara burned and irritated my eyes so much worse (Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover, for instance - the liquid, not the balm).
- I find it hard to dispense the amount of product I want onto a cotton pad. There's just not enough control over the bottle, since it's too stiff to squeeze much.
- Expensive.