November 23, 2014 | 1947 users online

Toners - Nivea - Refreshing Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No! I really wanted to like this toner, because Im completely in love with Nivea Soft moisturizer and Nivea lip butter, but this product is wayyyy too fragranced and I just cant stand that.

I applied the toner with a cotton pad and it actually felt good! Despite the alcohol denat my skin did not feel too tight or dry. It felt very refreshing and calming. I also liked the fragrance, at first. Nice, a bit powdery but not overwhelming. Then I put on my usual Nivea Soft moisturizer, but the smell of this toner still lingered around. Well, six hours later (at 3am) I finally could not take it anymore. I could not sleep because of the horrible smell, and I had to was my face three times before I could get rid of it. After that I peacefully fell asleep. Even the most nicest fragrance becomes horrible if it does not fade away.

All in all, the product seems to be ok, despite the fact it contains alcohol (I can not usually use products that contain alcohol, they dry my skin out) but not for me. I am not very sensitive with fragrances, I actually like many supersuper fragranced products (for example Tigi, Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream etc). This one is just too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by missviridian

This toner was very soothing and refreshing on my skin. I love the light and signature Nivea scent ... could not stop smelling this for a while lol! It closed up my pores and there was no stinging. My face did not feel tight afterwards. It did not dry out my combination skin at all, despite alcohol being listed as one of the ingredients. For the low price, I feel this toner did its job and I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by moddishh

great toner for my skin type - dry/normal combi. It didnt leave my face feeling oily (like the other reviewers), but tight and clean, which makes it easy to lather on the moisturizer after :) great product, i always trust my skin with nivea. if you have oily skin, try neutrogena, nivea works better to normal to dry skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

This is a great toner however isn't as good as a witch hazel toner. It is however really moisturising and works just fine. As far as toners go you shouldn't go for stuff which contain alcohol and it does in this one if you read the back. But really it functions just as well and it is a nice toner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but I find that a lot of skin products that are marketed for my skin type are stripping. This has been my go-to toner for at least the past year as it is inexpensive and makes my skin feel extra clean.

A lot of people have lamented about the alcohol in this product. I once tried an alcohol-free toner, and found that it didn't give me that refreshing, clean feeling... If I dare say so, I still felt a little grimy after using it (but I guess that would be different for those with drier skin). The Nivea Refreshing Toner gets rid of the last bits of makeup and has enough alcohol to cleanse the skin, but not so much that it dries it out (I'm looking at you, Clinique). In fact, it gives me much-needed hydration after washing it with a salicylic acid-containing cleanser. I also like adding a few drops of tea tree oil to help control my acne. There is a slightly powdery scent to the product, and while I can't stand most powdery scents, this one is mild so it's not a bother.

Despite what the bottle says, perhaps this toner is more suited for oilier skin types rather than normal to combination. If you have oily skin and you find oily skin toners too harsh, I recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by xsharmine

I've started using this toner about a year ago when my toner (forgot the brand but it's some ocean ingredient toner) ran out. It was pretty ok when I started using it, but I noticed that this toner makes my face feel so sticky & oils up even faster than usual. I usually wash my face in the morning with a gentle cleanser & just close up the pores by splashing on super cold water. Then I started to feel like my pores aren't closed/protected enough because I felt like there was more dirt on my face & it clogged up my pores. So I started using the toner after washing my face in the morning & going to school. But it's uncomfortable, really really sticky and ugh the feeling is just gross. My face oils up in like 2 hours after applying the toner, which is way too fast! I hate this product now, will never EVER buy this again.

PROS:
Helps remove make up, cooling effect after putting on (maybe due to alcohol)

CONS:
Leaves your face feeling sticky, causes face to oil up

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by missmanatee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This feels nice when you put it on and seems to remove excess oil, but what it's actually doing is stripping your natural oils. Thanks to the alcohol and who knows what else, this product contributed to horrible dry patches and an imbalance in my skin I'm still trying to fix weeks later. Don't buy it unless your skin is very strong and you don't mind the idea of minor damage. It also stinks like chemicals and perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sharonspiration

The Nivea toner did a great job of taking of removing makeup. It did leave my skin feeling refreshed for a short while. However, this product contains alcohol. Overall, this product does not have many pros, nor does it have many cons. It's like using scented water on your face. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago when it first came out. Now I'm not any expert but this contains alcohol denat as the second listed ingredient,and I do know this is the worst type of alcohol to be included in skin care.Why? Well I can only assume that it may have a drying effect on oily skin types, but in the long run will damage skin. Stay clear, I certainly have.Some seem to think that alcohol in skin care serves a purpose. Well not at this level it doesn't.At this level it causes cell damage and collagen breakdown, and your skin WILL suffer in the long term.I can't understand reviewers who keep on using this cos it's cheap and they seem to know it's rubbish.Better off not using a toner at all!! I wish I'd known years ago what I know now, but at least I know to avoid rubbish like this now.To make matters worse this contains fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by obebeo

this toner broke me out like crazy! i have combination skin and broke out on my chin and forehead from this toner. i surely will not repurchase this. however it does have a nice scent to it.