September 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by offender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells great..and I wore it for years. I recently started wearing Red Door because as much as I thought Rare Gold smelled nice, I NEVER got any compliments- yes I am insecure like that :-(....to be honest I received very few compliments on any of my Avon fragrances.
The fragrances I think are the best from Avon are- Imari Seduction, Haiku, Rare Gold, and Far Away.
I only ever got compliments on Far Away and Haiku, and Unfortunately those weer few and far between!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

the Jasmine in RG is so addictive, I can smell this all day on me. I must buy more. This is one of my favorite fragrances. It puts me in a good mood. What this reminds me of is Manifesto by yves Saint Lorent which I owned years ago.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I adore this little beauty. Sadly they have discontinued this in most countries other than the US but can still track it down online. A wonderful slightly syrupy yellow floral with honey, ylang-ylang and woodsy notes. A very 'golden' floral oriental. It smells classy and refined to me - and with the price you can't go wrong. This and Imari are my go to avon scents!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one is not really for me. To me, it smells kind of like bubble gum with amber over it. Its a little strange smelling. Its quite "warm" smelling, which I do like. Have the purse size, will not be buying this in a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite Avon scent and it had been for at least 10 years! Rare Gold is a warm, amber-floral bouquet that truly radiates a golden aura. As other reviews mentioned, it is in the same family as Amarige, but I find it less sharp than Amarige, which turned sour on my skin. I also liken it distantly to Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue and Gucci Guilty. If either of those smell great on you, give Rare Gold a try, you might get a cheap thrill!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by astamm62

I love Rare Gold,it's my favorite from Avon...This is one scent I stock up when they have specials.I think it smells similar to Amarige which I also love.The difference to me is that Rare Gold is a warmer scent because of the Amber and vanilla, Amarige is more of a floral.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My grandmother gave me this scent many years ago and I started wearing it this year. It is so incredibly beautiful, warm, and spicy with just the right hint of fruit and floral. One of my signature scents, Rare Gold is subtle, distinctive and feminine. The perfume lasts for hours and leaves a linger in the air that adds a fragrant elegance to match my makeup and wardrobe. I often wear this scent at parties because I find it very enchaining. I adore this perfume and will buy it as long as I can. I recommend this to young women like myself who wish to break free of candy-like and overly fruity fragrances.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by WaterQueene77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a bottle from 1998 that has not turned. About 1/4 has evaporated, but it has been in a drawer in a cedar closet. Does anyone want it? Happy to ship it to you. I believe I have a second unopened bottle as well. E-mail me. First one gets it! Waterqueene@yahoo.com.

Still smells yummy btw!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume.It smells of orange flowers and vanilla. It ia very feminine and beautiful.This perfume feels warm,rich and delicious.This is a very sexy fragrance that stays on the skin for quit a while. I bought my last bottle on ebay but I think you can still get this thru Avon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered a bottle of this about a 4 yrs ago and I couldn't believe how lovely this scent is! Last year I bought a gift set and every item in the set the shower cream, lotion, deodorant and powder all smell exactly like the spray and a lot of times with some high end fragrances the lotion smells different sometimes. I think this is more of a night time or special occasion fragrance for it smells elegant. One of my top 10 favorites and I want to try rare diamonds as well.