December 20, 2014 | 840 users online

Other - Aura Cacia - 100% Essential Oils (All Plants)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have one rosemary that I mix with jojoba oil for hair and one sweet orange. For rosemary/jojoba mix, I use two tablespoons jojoba oil and 15 drops of rosemary. I use it after I dried my hair. The result isn't all that great. I can't use it close the roots or my hair will be flat. My hair gets dirty faster. The scent doesn't last and my hair doesn't feel softer. Maybe I will use the mixture before I wash my hair as an overnight leave-in oil.

I tried using the sweet orange oil as insect repellent. I soaked some cotton balls in orange oil and placed them on the corners of my bed. I had no mosquito bites all summer but I still have bugs and spiders in my room. The scent was very sharp and it made it hard for me to sleep. This was an impulse buy. I actually have no clue what sweet orange oil is use for. I got the insect repellent idea from the internet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this oil in lavender, and I'm actually a bit disappointed with it. It smells lovely, and is very relaxing and all, BUT it wears off in under 10 minutes, on me anyway. So I use to with regular epsom salts to create my own lavender bath soak, and it works wonders in that way. I put some on my wrists at night, but, as I sad, it wears off well before I can fall asleep.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by alexnicole425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

AC's Rose Absolute (in jojoba oil) changed my life!! Seriously, I have tried evvverything $$$ for my sensitive/super-combo skin. Now a days, I only get those real mean pimples around that time of the month, but I still have always struggled with those little barely there bumps, oily-ish t zone, and dry patches in the most inconvenient areas. Within a day (literally) of buying this, my skin started to improve. I've been using this about a month now and my skin absolutely GloWS! My face has completely balanced itself out- no more little bumps, oily spots here, dry spots there, Etc.. My face literally feels baby soft, all over. ( i never even imagined my complexion could be like this). Obviously, i HiGHLY reccommend!! (oh yeah, & i use a universal dropper to apply, since the thing that comes with it is kind of a pain in the arse.) and, at night, if i'm feeling like i need a little extra moisture, I also mix in a few drops of grapeseed oil. Conclusion: Rose Absolute = my HOLY grail. i will never try anything again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for peppermint essential oil in general and nor particularly this brand.
This is a miracle thing for my dry curly hair. I tend to flat iron my hair very often (I am yet to embrace my curls completely) which makes my hair dry. But I add essential oils like rosemary, tea tree, peppermint and clary sage to coconut oil for deep conditioning once or twice a week and it prevents further dryness and split ends. Literally, my hair condition has not detoriated after the almost regular use of flat iron. I mean flat iron is supposed to make my hair further dry but it hasnt happened due to the regular use of these oils. Also, if I wear my hair naturally, my hair condition improves with this. So I am a big fan of these essential oils. CAUTION: DO NOT USE MORE THAN 5-6 DROPS IN A SINGLE USE. LESS IS DEFINETELY MORE WITH THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lipstickbullet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I discovered AC essential oils when I ran out of my Josie Maran Argan Oil. Almost unbelievably, I found AC argan oil to provide the exact same results at about 1/3 the cost. I simply add 1-2 dollops of AC argan oil to my normal daily facial moisturizer. Brilliant results. Any skin inflammation or blemishes resolve quickly with the use of this product. And I also find little or no dryness or tightness to the skin -- even in winter. Skin feels soft and as if it has a good % of hydration.
Since I felt my results were so positive with the AC argan, I've also purchased the AC Wild Chamomile essential oil. This is definitely potent and there is a strong fragrance to the oil (hair dries to have a scent that I would describe as "clean" and not powerful). A bit more expensive than argan, but I've read great things about the use of chamomile and decided to give it a try. I have long, thick hair so I would estimate that I use 2 teaspoons of conditioner. I add 6 drops of Wild Chamomile essential oil to my regular conditioner a couple times per week (more often in winter). My hair has never looked and felt this healthy. There is no weighty feeling or any type of "build-upy" feeling.
For YEARS AND YEARS I have avoided oils because I feel like I am combination-to-oily to begin with. I always searched for "oil free" and religiously stuck with it. Perhaps my skin/hair is changing with age or perhaps I am becoming more open-minded and educated in the area of beauty products, but either way I am glad I finally tried essential oils.
I'd recommend AC oils to anyone interested in adding an oil to their beauty routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the AC essential oils!
I have the rose, rosemary, lavender, sweet orange, cedarwood, wild chamomile, spearmint and ylang-ylang essences. None of these is a failure. These essential oils have so many uses -
* I put few drops in unscented lotion in different bottles so that I have different scented lotions to use.
* Use spearmint essential oil in homemade mouthwash (with glycerine, baking soda and aloe gel).
* use the rose oil mixed with sesame or almond oil to massage the face. It nourishes the skin and gives a wonderful glow to the face when left overnight. Caution - always apply rose/lavender oils mixed with carrier oils, at nighttime and make sure to wash the face thoroughly the next morning! These oils are photosensitive.
* few drops of cedarwood or rosemary on cotton balls, can be put in the closet area to ward off bugs.
* rose essential oil can be used to make rosewater+glycerin for quick moisturizing. Add to a basic lotion to make hand lotion (not hand treatment cream)
* I put the sweet orange oil (1-2 drops) mixed with vinegar as a final rinsing cycle in the dishwasher.
* Can also use the essential oils mixed with cornstarch to make dusting powder.
* Use on handkerchiefs to clear a cold by occasionally sniffing the hanky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I have several of the Aura Cacia essential oils (EO's). I'm very pleased
with the Clary Sage, Lemon, Spearmint, Peppermint, Neroli, and will
probably get some more from this line. Give them 3-5 minutes to
dry down and wow. Just the tiniest amount is all you need.
Reasonably priced too. Apply a mini-drop neat to the skin,
dilute in jojoba or other oil, or add to unscented bubble bath to make
your own creations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the EO's for aromatherapy ~ it's one of the few pleasures I have for chronic pain. I use Sweet Orange and Lavender in an oil burner and they are so much cheaper than the home fragrance oils at The Body Shop. Sweet Orange is one of my favorites, and I mix it with TBS, Satsuma. I combine Aura Cacia Lavender and TBS Lavender as my sleepy time ritual, for my never ending insomina. It doesn't put me to sleep, but it sure smells wonderful, and it makes me calm and relaxed, while I wait hours and hours to fall asleep :)

I have peppermint, grapefruit and eucalyptus too. My DH loves the oils for his allergies ~ I mix eucalyptus, peppermint and grapefruit in a spray bottle and mist this on his chest ~ then I add a hot towel and he says this opens up his sinus's and helps him to minimize his allergies.

I use peppermint on the stove during the holidays, and I mist my Christmas tree too. It makes my house smell so wonderful. . Peppermint is one of the more expensive EO's at $9+ and the rest are about $3 or $4, which is reasonable considering I use Sweet Orange and Lavender everyday. I love this product, and I may branch out and try a few new scents...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jennixnay

Great, reliable product; easy to find at health food stores & some supermarkets (my Whole Foods has a whole shelf); pricing reflects market availability of different oils. Packaging is key -- the child safety caps are a MUST if you have small children in the house -- some oils smell delicious but ingestion would be truly dire since these oils are highly concentrated & potentially toxic. Even with the safety caps, I recommend keeping these oils high out of reach, as you would any medicinals.

EOs are a best-kept beauty secret -- with a bit of research (there are great books, but also a wealth of info available online), you can be on your way to mixing room sprays, bath oils, body rubs, facial moisturizers -- as well as "wellness" oil blends to treat a variety of complaints like cold/flu, headache, stomach upset, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkHoney

I've been buying Aura Cacia essential oils for a long time and I hsve always been satisfied with the quality and selection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No