Avon Soft Musk

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/22/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to love this years ago and was disappointed when it was discontinued. However, I've found that Yakshi makes a roll on perfume oil called Body Musk that to my nose, smells like a dead ringer for Avon's Soft Musk! So happy! Yakshi oils are packaged to look very similar to Auric Blends perfume oils. I got mine at our local Wegmans. Love the cheap fragrance thrill that doesn't SMELL like a cheap fragrance thrill!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I own two bottles of Soft Musk, an original from the 1980's and a newer one from the 1990's. The original from the 1980's is without a doubt the stronger formulation and has clearer notes in it. I get a sprinkling of all of the notes, a layering of florals, a hint of spices with a swoosh of warm vanilla enveloping it all in my original. They all blend easily enough to make a comforting scent that's not overbearing and gentle enough to wear for daytime use. The later rendition seems to be diluted and less strong in the florals and spices and more powdery to me, which is still a nice, comforting scent. Lasts surprisingly long, a few hours, and the sillage is good with two sprays of the older bottle. A nice winter or cooler night air scent for any gender.
If you go for it, look for a vintage bottle from the '80's.
Fragrance Notes: Musk, Jasmine, Rose, Spices, Vanilla.

on 7/12/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a true skin musk scent, less soapy than Jovan and more powdery and less chemical/metallic than the Body Shops white musk. A great lay round the house/active weekend scent or when all other fragrances are causing you a headache or just not sitting right. This is unoffensive but clean and fresh and always works. Lasting power isn't amazing but it is a cologne and cheap as chips. Layer with the powder/lotions/sprays as they are dirt cheap and just as lovely while adding some stability to the fragrance.

on 2/11/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

WHY was this discontinued? I didn't even know it was discontinued until a year ago... I have always kept some inventory of this my second favorite Avon fragrance and second favorite musk. I ran out last year (my little girls and I share it) and wanted to reorder. It's GONE! Too bad. Avon used to sell a full range of body products and they were lovely. Avon Soft Musk, Alyssa Ashley Musk, Jovan Musk For Women are all pretty much the same type of musk. However, on my skin, Avon Soft Musk works the best magic. I'm so sad it's gone. :(
UPDATE: October 2012 - Avon brought it back for Christmas in 50mL star splash decanters. The best part, this formulation is even better than the last atomizer I finished from a couple years ago. Happy! continued >>

on 11/2/2011 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I heard many good comments on this perfume from a friend. Was really excited to try it out. But before buying it, i asked my friend to bring her perfume for me. Let me tell u that i was VERY VERY VERY disappointed after smelling it. It smells like incense, sth which i dnt like to smell! Also smell like a baby cologne. No lasting power at all, it smells like powder after 5 minutes! I do NOT recommend it if u are looking for a good quality perfume which has long lasting power.

Such an underrated perfume. It so soft and pretty. I think it suits young women perfectly. I used and loved it when I was younger. The sweetness level of this is perfect. It does not smell like burned sugar or syrup but it still surrounds you like a sweet pink cloud. The price is very reasonable for the quality too.

I recommend it.

on 2/25/2011 12:15:00 AM

A soft powdery smell that isn't too bad but it is just not for me.

on 2/18/2011 9:44:00 AM

Avon has been selling this forever, so it obviously must sell well. I am not a fan of it, though. I find it to smell predominantly powdery, and I don't find it pleasant at all. It's a lighter fragrance, but I can't get past the powder smell.

on 12/22/2010 12:36:00 PM

A beautiful, aromatic scent but lacks individuality. Bottle is femminine but too simple, good value for money, a soft and light fragrance perfect for everyday use.

on 11/4/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great daytime perfume that lasts all day long without ever being overpowering. The first spray does have a sharpness to it but the fragrance mellows out over time and stays close to the skin. It's a very appropriate office fragrance in my opinion. Avon has sales on this that make it easy to find a bottle for under $10. I want to note as well that I am not a musk fan at all and cannot wear any of the Jovan or the Skin musk. I'm not sure if it's a true musk or not, but it's got a warm floral feel to it.

Popular Fragrances