Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 3/22/2015 11:43:00 AM

I purchased this after I saw a youtube video from a MUA. It feels very luxurious to me. Thought the smell would be more like honey - but it is citrussy/orangy which is okay to me. You really do not need a lot of this lip balm, if you put on too much while going to bed, you'll wake up with gross lips ha. Just a bit will do. It is a nice balm.

on 3/12/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I love this. I live in Finland and winters here are terribly cold, so I need a heavy duty lip balm that will really protect my lips, and this does an excellent job at that. It does have a waxy, unusual texture, but I actually like that, because it feels like it really stays put and it keeps me from biting my lip, which is a bad habit of mine. Also, I find heavily scented lip products nauseating and this doesn't have a strong scent at all.

on 3/12/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Favorite lip balm! I've been on a hunt for lip balm that works. Most of them tend to sit on my lips and leave a layer of wax.

This is a great base for lipsticks and an overnight lip treatment.
my lips are very dry and tends to get flaky when using moisturizing lipsticks (eg Mac cremesheen lipsticks). But this works wonders and makes my lips feel super moisturized even after couple of hours.

Its pretty expensive for a pot of lip balm, but I think its definitely worth paying the amount for the results you get.

on 3/6/2015 3:23:00 AM

I live in Germany and winter here is so cold and long-lasting that my lips dry out, crack, and bleed for months at a time.
I tried a few French pharmacy brands like La Roche posay, vichy etc, but none of them stayed on long enough to really do anything.
Finally tried this one after hearing glowing reviews, and I can only agree -
Texture is lovely and thick, and stays put for hours. I put this on at night and wake up with my lips still covered and soft.
There is a slight honey scent and no flavour to speak of.
The pot is deep and solidly made from glass.
The only drawback is the price - a little steep at 10, however for the amount of product and obviously how well it does the job, it is money well spent.
I would absolutely recommend to anyone living in a cold climate, and once I try it out in an Australian summer, I will see if it is up to the heat too!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This product is a GOD SEND. Yes it is fairly pricey for a lip balm but boy is it worth it!

Pros:
- Thick, ultra moisturising balm
- Works as a lip mask overnight
- Isn't sticky - almost matte
- Lasts a very long time as you only need a small amount

Cons:
- Citrus-y smell (the name means Dream of Honey so I expected a honey scent)
- Lumps in the balm initially but these do spread out

I have repurchased this product about 15 times ! I have one in each of my handbags and next to my bed at all times. Can't live without it. HG!

on 2/21/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't understand the hype about this lip balm.. It smells like orangey but i don't like that smell.. Maybe because I'm used to mint or vanilla smell on my lips.. Another thing that I would like to point out is the crumbs.. What is that about whose idea was that seriously?! The moisturizing effect is not that awesome with this balm. it's more like a protective lip balm from the cold or wind and with all that smell you wouldn't want to use this at night.. because of the crumbs you wouldn't want to use it while you're out too. so what's the point.. the only good thing I can say is the matte look which is hard to find on the market.. and possibly the glass jar but it's not that sanitized that i need to use my fingers and it's heavy so again it's hard to use when you're out..

on 2/11/2015 5:20:00 PM

This balm is amazing, true, it has a weird waxy, sandy texture and but honestly, this is hands down the best balm i've ever used.

It nourishes the lips, making them so soft and supple, i honestly can't shut up about it and have recommended it to everybody.

It comes in a sturdy, milk glass package with a nice screw off white cap, with 0.5 oz of product in it that will surely last for a while as a little goes a long way.
I've been using mine daily for almost 5 months and have barely made a dent to it, i don't see it ending anytime soon, making it a great value for money.

I use this during nighttime, as the last step of my routine and during the day if my lips are horribly dry, this is a true french pharmacie classic and for a reason.

on 2/7/2015 11:39:00 AM

I don't get the rave about this product - it does absolutely NOTHING for my lips =/
Sure, it smells nice, but the texture is really waxy and not smooth to apply, and most importantly it doesn't moisturise lips at all! I've used this for few weeks several times a day, and the state of my dry lips hasn't improved. Pretty much any drugstore balm like nivea delivers more than this luxury, over-hyped, over-rated product. Glad I at least bought it on sale....

on 2/2/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to review this because I'm glad I didn't give up on it. At first I felt exactly the same as people on here... It's sticky, thick, waxy, balls up..didn't get the hype. However, I don know if this gets better after you open it for a while, but now it's soft and buttery and just melts into my lips. I love it now. Seemed I had to keep using it til I liked it. The texture got better the longer I used it. I like to warm it up between my fingers before I apply sometimes. Of course I always use hand sanitizer before I open it. I have it on now as I write this and it's so creamy. It's funny cuz the exact same thing happened with the lush honey trap lip balm too. At first I hated it but the more I used it the better it got. Maybe the warmth from your fingers helps soften melt thin it out or whatever. Now I love both of them.

on 2/2/2015 3:33:00 PM

I don't get the hype.

The scent is herbal/honey, very mild. The texure is similar to that of a sugar lip scrub. It's very thick and crumbly, so you have to be careful if you're using this in public. I do not want crumbs on my lips, no thank you, the only thing worse than chapped lips are chapped lips with crumbs on them.

It's does not really sink in, my lips feel okay afterwards because they were protected by this thick balm but they're not really moisturized. I will use this up in the winter when it's helpful in protecting my lips from -30 windchills.

Also the jar is very heavy/bulky, which makes it annoying to put in my purse.

Popular Lip Treatments