Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin

3.0

on 1/26/2015 4:21:00 PM

It's awful. As so many other reviewer said, it's very sharp and it really shouldn't be unisex. It's a strong men's fragrance. I do own several unisex perfumes but this one isn't for me and I don't think females should wear it. Very disappointing.

on 12/26/2014 1:41:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, but it turned out to be a massive disappointment. I imagined the scent to be light and fresh, instead it is so strong that it gave me a headache and it seems like a bad, inexpensive men's perfume when mixed with my body chemistry. Good thing that I got to try it via a sample, I would have been so pissed off if I went ahead and spent big bucks on a full bottle of this.

on 12/3/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this smell. Its unisex. And its nice and refreshing. Not sure if the price is worth it though

on 9/22/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I usually love citrusy scents (lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit, etc) but not this one! It smells really strong, like someone else mentioned - almost like it's designed for men, and I do not feel any orange scent. Not sure about basil either. I would never buy this.

on 6/12/2014 3:35:00 AM

Not sure why this is one of these best sellers. I received a sample of lime basil and absolutely hated it straightaway after a couple of sprays. Smells like a men's cologne. Very strong stench. Can't even be compared with my other JM favorites: English pear, nectarine, orange blossom, blackberries.

on 4/11/2014 4:37:00 PM

This is what a boss smells like. I instantly feel more powerful with a drop of it. I gave it to SO and it works on both of us perfectly, but I LOVE it on him.

on 12/15/2013 10:54:00 AM

Smells like man who smells like hotel room deo spray (on drydown). Don't like it on me after 20 min.

on 10/18/2013 9:03:00 AM

With all my heart I wished I had read some ( female!) users reviews before buying this. I LOVE citrussy, green, fresh scents and true...it HAS a sharp citrus scent. Which may well be perfect....but for a guy. It really does smell like a masculine aftershave, all spice and sharp lemon. Cannot detect even a faint whiff of the sweetness of Mandarin.

I had hoped that it would be somewhat similar to Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Mandarin & Basil - which is a fabulous fresh, citrussy AND feminine scent although ,sadly, it has zero staying power - but alas, Jo Malone's version is a just male cologne, IMO. Please insist on a sample before you buy.

on 9/30/2013 8:37:00 AM

The lime and basil notes are very apparent with the first spray of this fragrance, along with a hint of bergamot. A woody note comes through after a short while, which is probably the patchouli base. This does have a masculine edge to it, probably because of the lack of sweetness. I don't get any mandarin at all which is a disappointment and probably would have made a difference in my opinion of this fragrance if I could detect it. Not a bad fragrance but it isn't something I would have to have. I will use my sample vial but not purchase a full size.

From Fragrantica: 'Top notes are lime, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are basil, lilac, iris and thyme; base notes are patchouli and vetiver.'

I can see where this would be a polarizing scent, but since I like basil, I find it appealing, although I don't have a nose honed to the level of sensitivity that other reviewers here do (of which I am quite envious) to determine exactly why I like it.

Oddly, this particular fragrance does nothing for me, ON me. So why am I giving it a 5? Because when my husband wears it, it literally makes me want to rip his clothes off! I'm not really concerned with how it smells on my husband TO others, just that it is absolutely delicious on him, with just the right balance of fresh & spicy.

Popular Fragrances