October 22, 2014 | 1961 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Lime Basil Mandarin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually love citrusy scents (lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit, etc) but not this one! It smells really strong, like someone else mentioned - almost like it's designed for men, and I do not feel any orange scent. Not sure about basil either. I would never buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Not sure why this is one of these best sellers. I received a sample of lime basil and absolutely hated it straightaway after a couple of sprays. Smells like a men's cologne. Very strong stench. Can't even be compared with my other JM favorites: English pear, nectarine, orange blossom, blackberries.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what a boss smells like. I instantly feel more powerful with a drop of it. I gave it to SO and it works on both of us perfectly, but I LOVE it on him.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Smells like man who smells like hotel room deo spray (on drydown). Don't like it on me after 20 min.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by harrup

With all my heart I wished I had read some ( female!) users reviews before buying this. I LOVE citrussy, green, fresh scents and true...it HAS a sharp citrus scent. Which may well be perfect....but for a guy. It really does smell like a masculine aftershave, all spice and sharp lemon. Cannot detect even a faint whiff of the sweetness of Mandarin.

I had hoped that it would be somewhat similar to Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Mandarin & Basil - which is a fabulous fresh, citrussy AND feminine scent although ,sadly, it has zero staying power - but alas, Jo Malone's version is a just male cologne, IMO. Please insist on a sample before you buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

The lime and basil notes are very apparent with the first spray of this fragrance, along with a hint of bergamot. A woody note comes through after a short while, which is probably the patchouli base. This does have a masculine edge to it, probably because of the lack of sweetness. I don't get any mandarin at all which is a disappointment and probably would have made a difference in my opinion of this fragrance if I could detect it. Not a bad fragrance but it isn't something I would have to have. I will use my sample vial but not purchase a full size.

From Fragrantica: 'Top notes are lime, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are basil, lilac, iris and thyme; base notes are patchouli and vetiver.'

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see where this would be a polarizing scent, but since I like basil, I find it appealing, although I don't have a nose honed to the level of sensitivity that other reviewers here do (of which I am quite envious) to determine exactly why I like it.

Oddly, this particular fragrance does nothing for me, ON me. So why am I giving it a 5? Because when my husband wears it, it literally makes me want to rip his clothes off! I'm not really concerned with how it smells on my husband TO others, just that it is absolutely delicious on him, with just the right balance of fresh & spicy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This smelled like a cheap men's cologne. Am a brand whore too but this smells irritating. JM exchanged my bottle with Nectarine Blossom n Honey

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LavenderApples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read on another review site that this fragrance should be renamed "Basil, basil, and BASIL." Yep. That sums up my feelings on it. I'm STILL trying to smell that Mandarin (and I'm head over heels for mandarin scents).

I wanted a scent that was fairly masculine- something that didn't make me smell like I was a 14 year old that jammed out to Taylor Swift in my pajamas on Fridays. Well, this gets that done. But, be careful what you ask for I suppose.

I am a die hard fan of sweet scents. This scent is the earthiest, most natural smell that has ever been bottled. It's like hefty vegan salad taken to a picnic on a hot HOT summer day. In fact, this is the perfect scent for someone who likes earthy, true to reality natural smells. An example of this would be Katy Puckrick who's review I watched before buying this fragrance (she seems to be all for #TeamIncense). Would this be a great fragrance for someone who likes natural earthy smells? YES. I would highly recommend it to you.

But, for the Prada Candy and Dior Addict (edp) girls, this is not for you. In fact, Jo Malone might not be the brand for girls like us at all, because from the samples I smelled... well they are all very nice, ultra authentic smells but I wouldn't pay $60 to smell like something I could buy from Whole Foods for 15. I'm definitely keeping it and finishing it up (fragrances are an experience after all) but if you're considering buying from Jo, remember:

All her stuff smells lovely, divine, and ultra true to life. But, it might not be what YOU enjoy. Being a GOOD fragrance (which it is) doesn't mean you'll like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing my little sample spray decant of this for a few weeks now. It is a nice little pick me up scent. I can definitely detect the lime, maybe the mandarin and underneath those notes maybe, but ever-so-slightly a little bit of basil. I just went to my kitchen to smell my bottle of basil and i can detect it. It has to be a base note because i can barely detect it. Definitely a unisex scent and very fresh smelling but extremely ordinary. I cant imagine having a full bottle of this.