April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #217 Blending

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jennyB33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first MAC brush and i'm impressed...The shape makes the brush very versatile for depositing color, crease work, and blending. I haven't tried it for concealer yet because i'm afraid of staining it lol but theres no doubt it my mind it would come out excellent. Mine hasn't shed one hair. The price could be considered a little expensive depending on what your budget is and what brand of brushes you're used to buying but I don't regret buying this, it was worth the money in my opinion and in the future I plan on buying backups and extras

EDIT: I have to knock off a lippie... I dont know what it is, But this brush fuzzes out and loses shape so easily :( It's not the way I wash and store it, because i have many brushes that are all in good condition, but for some reason just something about the brush makes it lose it's shape after washing..I'm very gentle with it and ofcourse I will keep it and continue to use it very carefully, But i'm now looking for a new blending brush. It's a shame because this one worked great!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this brush is a cult favorite but I'm sorry to say I don't understand why. I have been buying MAC products since their release in Nordstrom stores. I still use some of the brushes I bought back then, like my #21 brush that proudly states "Made in France", on a daily basis. The quality of the last few MAC brushes I've bought is subpar. I baby my brushes which is why I can still use the ones I've bought so long ago but these brushes shed like crazy, the bristles are not soft and they splay terribly. For the cost of the #217 brush, I'm going to replace it with Wayne Goss' #6 Blending Brush. Shame on you MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product, but I hate the price.

I actually thought I just sucked at doing eyeshadow until I tried this brush. With this brush my shadow looks just like the pics I see online.

It doesn't shed, and has lasted a really long time. The numbers rub off the side of the brush, so put a little clear nail polish over it when you first get it, if you don't want that to disappear.

I spot clean with the MAC brush cleaner, and do a full wash with baby shampoo.

If you only have the budget for a single MAC brush, get this one. You can apply eye color and blend with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

After holding off this purchase for the longest time, and spending my entire beauty budget on makeup, I decided to get this. I'm gonna say just one thing: I can do my entire face with just this one brush (okay, maybe not blush and setting powder but literally everything else).
Soft, blends effortlessly and doesn't wipe off what you've put on
Packaging could be a lot better though. It comes in a flimsy plastic wrap like thing open at one end.The kind of plastic they have for vegetables at the grocery store. i mean seriously MAC? I get the whole recycling thing, but after paying 25 dollars plus tax, I'd like to walk around the mall care free without having to tactfully balance my bag so that the bristles don't go out of shape.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one is hard to review, I think SO much of this brush but I am so annoyed by the price... it blends so well, it's perfect but it's so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you haven't purchased this brush already, What are you waiting for? This brush is simply outstanding when it comes to blending out any eyeshadows. Whether you're using a cheaper drugstore eyeshadow or expensive high end eyeshadows, this brush will get the job done in less than no time. It makes getting that nice, professional look super easy. A few swipes back and forth in the crease and you're done. Love this brush. I've had this brush for many years and the quality, just like all Mac brushes, are great. I'm actually planning on purchasing another one. Run out and get this brush, it's really that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I must admit.. I am guilty of not investing in makeup brushes and tools. I guess it is just not as exciting as buying the new palette out there. But that brush just makes every eye look smoother and more well-blended. For the lazier ones (like me) it makes the application so easy! Two swipes of the 217 and the shadows are blended and smoked out like a pro. Just try to really use it to blend not for the application. Never thought I would be that excited about a brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Do you really need a blending brush? YES and you need THIS particular one. Forget ANY other, this is honestly THE BEST blending brush EVER!

I have small Asian eyelids (hooded eyelids), no crease. I can do a gorgeous smokey eye look (dark blues, vivid copper, and even plum!) all thanks to this blending brush. It creates miracles.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is very versatile. This brush is great for blending out colors in the crease, for applying color to the crease, and for applying a light wash of color to the lid. I couldn't do my eye makeup without this brush!

However, this brush in comparison to the similar Sigma E25 is very scratchy. I've only washed the brush three times now, but I'm hoping that with continued washing the brush will become softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an amazing brush for blending shadow out. It picks up product well, blends well, and deposits product well. I only use two eyeshadow brushes, this and the 217. Mine is several years hold but staying together well. When I first started getting into makeup I was having issues blending, even with my Eco tools brushes, but this brush kind of does it for me. You can use it in windshield wipe motions through the crease or in sweeps from the eyelash line to brow bone for one color looks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No