MAC #217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

on 7/22/2015 1:45:00 AM

I've wanted this brush for so long and I finally got it for my birthday, it started of more splayed than I would have hoped but it was still highly usable. It blends very well and it applies colour very well but for me the downfall has been after washing it I am so dissapointed the brush has splayed a ridiculous amount for the first time of washing. For me that is just not worth the price as I have had maybe 15 uses out of it before it's been half ruined. Will definitely look elsewhere for my next blending brush.

on 7/17/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I just went ahead and bought it. I've wanted it for years, but the price held me back. I love it for concealing and eye makeup. Transfers product beautifully.

This is AB-SO-LUT-ELY AMAZING. It feels SOOO soft against the skin, it blends eyeshadow like a DREAM. I have dark circles in my inner eye area and I use this to blend out my concealer as well. Absolutely fucking amazing. I have to get more MAC brushes. This is my favourite brush ever.

on 6/23/2015 12:19:00 AM

Mac 217 is seriously a MUST when starting a makeup/brush kit. Spending 20$ on this brush is actually very worth it. I use my brush to apply a lid color and even for a transition color. I love how sleek the brush is and i havnt had any sheding yet mainly because i love this brush so much that i try not to use it that much so it can last me haha!! P.S !!!!!!!!!!!! If you are hesitant in buying it because of the price Morphe's M433 is an exact Dupe for MAC 217 i own them both & if im not mistaken the price is around 7$ Cant remember, i tried looking for the price on the website but its SOLD OUT (thats how good of a brush it is) so it didnt show a price. But either way MAC 217 iss AMAZING! 😊

on 6/21/2015 10:49:00 AM

Love this brush so much I have 3.
One for transition, one for crease and one to blend out after.

I feel that the fact I have 3 says all I need to say.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Youíre either a 224 fan or a 217 fan, I am a 224 girl. Iíve bought and returned this several times over the years, mostly because they have all been scratchy, and I found them too big. But I decided to give it one more try (mostly because itís such a classic, I have to have one) and sifted through the glass beaker at Nordyís, to find one that was a little more tapered and to make sure it was soft. Even though itís more tapered, it still would be difficult to deposit color in my crease with it, but Iíll keep working with it. I use this mostly for softening the edges and overall wash and then the 224 for blending out the crease. I also have the Hakuhodo J5523, and yes, it is a bit softer, but I find that more of a hindrance than a help. My 217 is pleny soft and seems more functional. However, if I could only have one brush, it would be the 224, but Iím warming up to this one, and for the first time, wonít be returning it.

on 4/22/2015 2:02:00 PM

Where, oh where, have I been without this perfect brush? What on earth was I thinking trying to make do with others? If you wonder why your eyeshadows don't blend properly and/or never look exactly the way you want them to, go immediately to the nearest MAC counter and plunk down your hard earned for one of these beauties. Then watch one of Lisa Eldridge's videos. Voila! Eyeshadow perfection.

on 4/22/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This brush is like your cool, gorgeous friend who make great grades, plays, like, four varsity sports, and still manages to be a nice person. If I could only have one eye shadow brush, this would be it. I use this brush every day for basic eye looks and definitely use it when I want to be extra glam or am hopelessly trying to emulate something a Youtube beauty genius has just Bob Ross-ed onto her eyelids. I've had this brush for several years (still going strong!) and use it to wash color over my lid, deposit color in the crease or outer corner, and then blend the whole whole thing out. Come to think of it, I should probably have more than one of this brush....

on 4/10/2015 8:16:00 AM

I use this most days for blending out eyeshadow. Obviously it's a very popular brush so I think expectations tend to be quite high when a product is highly rated and this didn't disappoint. When I first started using this brush I did used to deposit the colour with a different brush and them use this to blend but found it didn't really blend it out properly. Now I actually pick the product up with this brush and then blend which works much better for me. I would recommend this brush.

Versatile product, great for applying a light amount of eye shadow and blending. I haven't tried using it for cream products yet, but it's fabulous for powder.

Popular Makeup Brushes