February 1, 2015 | 2087 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #217 Blending

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:15:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

how on earth I managed to apply eyeshadows before I had this brush I will never know!

There aren't enough praises I can give this brush, honestly it will change your life (in terms of make up and application) forever!

I brought this after I'd spent years of trying to achieve a smokey eye that didn't look blocky and I saw so so so many YouTubers use this in videos I had to buy one!

At 16 they aren't the cheapest of brushes and at first I did think this was steep but I promise you now you'll never ever look back if you purchase a 217! The brush feels as though it would be rough and pokey on the eyelid but it actually feels super soft when in use and the shape is perfect for the crease and blending out! This brush is my saviour on rushed days where I literally apply a base shadow and a darker colour on the outer edge with my finger, I do this roughly, then I use my 217 all over and it makes it look as though I've spent 30 minutes perfecting my eye make up!

I love this so much I now have 3 as I'm lazy when it comes to washing brushes and I cannot go without this! This is also a brilliant brush for blending out contour on the sides of your nose!

Couldn't love this anymore if I tried and Ive recommended it to EVERYONE I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL eyeshadow brush alert. This is has lasted me years and it's still in ideal condition. I don't fuss around with my eyeshadow that much. I just apply one shade all over the lid and blend it up. This is the perfect way to achieve the look I want of all one color all over the lid. I would definitely repurchase and I feel this was well-worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ckliki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush, There is a replica of it from Sigma that is close but still doesn't hold a candle to this one.

It is good quality, soft, doesn't shed and makes eyeshadow blending issues a thing of the past.

My only gripe is a find the goats hair (light bristles) stain easily so even when it is clean the brush still looks dirty. I do wish that they could make one with black bristles so that it wouldn't get so stained.

The handle is great quality and I have had mine for probably three- four years and it hasn't shed a hair yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:22:00 PM More reviews by PiercedPagan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I currently own 6 of these and have used them in my kit for 4 years! I have used them for everything including eyeshadow, blusher, highlighting and contour, admittedly this was more editorial as it would be quite laborious to do this every day ;) I am planning on picking up a couple more for spairs when I'm next at Mac, p.s I have also used this for lipstick ;) great for blending two together

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by blaire27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own 3 of these, plus the hakuhodo version. It's a staple I'll never be without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't bought MAC makeup brushes since the early '90s when I purchased several of them and they have lasted me since then. (of course taking care of them helps with longevity)
After reading so many rave reviews about the #217 blending brush I had to check it out. It reminds me of the old #36 brush but the #217 is smaller and not as oval shaped as the #36. (does anyone else remember the #36 brush?)

The SA gave me a demo with the #217 brush and I was hooked. I loved how the shadow went on beautifully and evenly on my lids. The size is perfect for my lid space too.
I've never gotten a duplicate or backup of the same makeup brush but the #217 is an exception and I ended up getting another one as I know I will be using them regularly.

One small gripe: After washing, I find that it can splay a little. Other than that, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have bought three of these. perfect density for blending into the crease. always creates perfect eyeshadow.
can be used to lightly dust eyeshadow onto the lid and brow bone but isn't great for packing colour. the tip can be used for precise application and then grab a new one and blend the colour out. i also use this on my bottom lashes to blend my transition colour into the lash line, ready for a darker colour.
never had it shed on me. have owned my first one for three years.
have used this with concealers and while it does a good job at spreading the product, it isn't good when you need to pack on a concealer heavily into one place because the head isn't dense enough.
can also be used to apply highlighter because it is fluffy, though make sure to blend because it is a smaller head size.
sometimes i use a 224 to blend out the shadow further (especially when i have accidentally been heavy handed or the eyeshadow is heavily pigmented) but i rarely do that because this brush is so great.
$24-26USD i don't remember how much exactly, sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

What would I do without this brush? Blending perfected. From a smoky eye to a cut crease this brush does the work for you. I have three of them. Windshield wiper motions to blend out hard lines and great for application of transition shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mariecullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best blending brush hands down. Blends out even the most difficult eyeshadows without feeling too harsh on the skin. The bristles are beautifully soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ness321

If I could only have one brush for my makeup, this would be it. It's great for blending, but it has so many other uses. I've used it for packing on eyeshadow, blending, my undereye concealer and recently have started using it to contour my nose and occasionally my cheekbones if I want a more precise line. Couldn't recommend it enough, though the bristles do stain which drives me nuts! Also, the price is ridiculous... But worth it, and I plan to buy several when I can afford it!