November 23, 2014 | 961 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #217 Blending

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mariecullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best blending brush hands down. Blends out even the most difficult eyeshadows without feeling too harsh on the skin. The bristles are beautifully soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ness321

If I could only have one brush for my makeup, this would be it. It's great for blending, but it has so many other uses. I've used it for packing on eyeshadow, blending, my undereye concealer and recently have started using it to contour my nose and occasionally my cheekbones if I want a more precise line. Couldn't recommend it enough, though the bristles do stain which drives me nuts! Also, the price is ridiculous... But worth it, and I plan to buy several when I can afford it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As many before me have said, this brush totally changed up my eyeshadow game. I was able to blend before but never with such precision and perfectly gradient edges between shadow and skin. If I could justify it, I would purchase a couple more of these so I could switch between color families more quickly.

Pros:
* perfect size for blending all over the eye
* you can see the amount of product picked up very clearly
* gives an 'airbrushed' finish to eyeshadow edges
* durable (been washed and spot cleaned regularly)
* aesthetically pleasing
* easy to use

Cons:
* needs frequent cleaning (unless you have multiple)
* a slight bit scratchier on the lids than I imagined it would be

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Mimiyu23

My everyday must have blending brush! Its a classic staple! It blends, it applys shadows and even concealer! I love it! If your starting your mac collection brushes i suggest you get this and 239 a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is more dupable than the 239 in my opinion, so I personally would recommend getting that one first as it has more uses and it just more my HG, but the 217 is an excellent MAC brush, as well. Beautiful for blending in crease color or blending out lid shadows. You will not regret purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually do not use this brush for blending. I use it to apply shadow to my crease and it looks really intense. It is extremely soft too. love this brush... glad it exists.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by becake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first used 217 brush for blending eyeshadows as it is intended to be used. This brush is soft, easy to clean, superb quality! But after watching Lisa Eldridge use this brush as a concealer brush on one of her videos, I went ahead and tried her technique. I have since used this for the application of my concealer. When I apply my concealer, I make sure there's just the right amount of it on the brush and I apply it on very lightly in circular motion. It won't make it look cakey this way but it might take some time. It's pricey but it's worth it. I have been using mine for 4 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This brush is seriously life changing. The hair is so soft and gentle that it can turn even the cheapest of eyeshadows into a soft, beautiful, sexy look. The price can be a little uncomfortable for someone used to buying only drugstore brushes, but it is well worth the investment. I try to wash it at least once a week and it still looks brand new. If you are new to makeup or simply haven't had an excuse to pick this little baby up, I'm telling you right now that you need this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what makes this brush so special but it is wonderful. I use it with more powdery eyeshadows and it works miracles. But the price is really wallet breaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My workhorse of my eye brushes. I would be in deep trouble and wouldnt know what to do without this brush. How did I ever NOT blend my eyeshadows before?! I think everybody needs a blending brush and this is it. I have the Christmas edition so mine has a shorter handle that's clear and sparkly. It takes harsh colors and makes them smoother and transitioned. It gives harmony to my eyeshadows. Has not shed on me and still like new. Get a blending brush and get this!