MAC #217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is a must for anyone's collection. I use it for everything: setting concealer, blending eyeshadow, contouring my nose, etc. It's incredibly versatile and will last forever. I bought mine 2 years ago and it has never shed, even through countless washes. It's a bit pricey but is definitely worth it.

Love this brush and really contemplating getting a second one for back up. The brush is nice and soft and helps to blend out your harsh lines of your eyeshadow.

It's good, it's versatile, it can apply as well as blend so that's great. I have the Bdellium Tools 776 and it's a perfect dupe if you're on a budget. I don't know, I guess I thought I would love it much more than I do, the thing is I did my makeup just fine for a long time with my RT and Bdellium Tools brushes before I got this, it didn't blew my socks off when I used it, it didn't change my game but I do like it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you are a makeup addict, a beauty junkie, or you just like to experiment with your makeup, then you absolutely NEED this brush.

I can't get enough of it. I already bought a second one.

I use it mostly to blend my eyeshadows, but also to contour my nose, apply and blend concealer, as well as create ombre lips.

It feels a bit rough on my eyes but this is because the hair is all natural. Apart from that, it is the perfect brush. It doesnt shed and it lasts forever. Do not let the steep price discourage you from buying it, because it is an investment.

I've had my MAC 217 for over 10 years and it's still going stong. (Honestly it's a miracle I haven't lost/broken it before it dies on its own.) It's dinged up a bit along the shaft but the bristles are still all there - and still white even!

This was the very first brush I ever bought. Ever. I think there are better eyeshadow brushes out there but you can't beat the 217 for versatility. I use it for every single shadow look I do, mostly to lay down color on the lid, up to the crease, and outer corners. I find that for my eye shape, it's not great in the actual crease, and I prefer a fluffier brush to blend. It just has a very convenient shape and size. It's a reliable stalwart!

It could be softer, but mine has been washed 15487512x, so that could have something to do with it...

I first saw Lisa Eldridge use this brush. Actually, I don't think she does a tutorial without it. So finally I caved and bought it a few years ago. I absolutely love it, and decided I needed more of them, but I couldn't justify spending $25 each for 2 more, so I bought the Sigma E25 (they are normally $14 each but I got them on sale). Yes, I do notice a difference between the MAC and Sigma brushes, and I can always pick out my MAC 217 without seeing the name on the handle. I use it for applying concealer and powder under my eyes and for blending eyeshadow. It's just a great brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had big expectations for this brush and... well ... humm ... No ... I find it very scratchy and not so great as I was expecting. Call me picky but I really find it scratchy. I'm not saying it's bad but for the amount of money that I paid I was expecting better quality (it's 25 US$+ taxes). Although the shape is great for my small eyes or for any eye size really. But next time I'll buy the Hakuhodo J5523(19$ goat hair) or the G5523(27$ blue squirrel) which would be the Hakuhodo equivalent, or I'll get the WayneGoss06(25$ blue squirrel) or the WayneGoss19(27$ goat). The Hakuhodo are said to be the Rolls Royce of natural hair makeup brushes, and for the eye brushes the prices are even cheaper than MAC. The WayneGoss's brushes are said to blow the MAC's brushes out of the water and are cruelty-free, so I wont be buying any other MAC brush again, not this one not any other one, this one really disappointed me and it's their most famous brush. I'll look for better quality for the same amount of money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i've heard so many good things about this brush from youtubers, people on reddit and the reviews here and it made me a little skeptical. this brush can't be THAT amazing, can it? it's just a brush, right? WELL YOU'RE WRONG, OKAY! i got ahold of it and tried it out today with a berry toned halo eye and HOLY SHIT is it amazing at blending. i felt the bristles against my hand before i used it and it didn't feel any different from the blending brushes i currently have, which really made me doubt it if it was as big of a deal as people make it sound. but nope! this brush somehow manages to blend shadow absolutely effortlessly. i have no idea how. it's magic, i swear to god. before i would have to sit there and keep blending blending blending blending blending and 90% of the time it would still look like unblended garbage somehow. but this brush has changed my eyeshadow life. it takes only a few swipes of it over a harsh line of shadow and BAM! it's blended out flawlessly!

this sounds really overdramatic, i know. but this brush really is as big of a deal as people make it out to be. you NEED this brush in your life if you don't already have it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best brushes you'd own. Perfect to use for the transition/crease shade.

Received this as a gift as this is too expensive to buy.

Wow, this is the only time I'd say this--> "Expensive=Quality"

Popular Makeup Brushes