November 27, 2014 | 1465 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Geller - Spackle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this primer very much. Been a Monistat Chaffing Gel (MCG) user for a couple years now and was never really impressed because my foundation didnt last that long.

This is how I imagine a primer to be. The type that sinks in easily and dries (gets tacky for lack of a better word similar to what happens when you apply eyelid primer and rub it in). I think foundation never held up well with the MCG is because of the silicone which has slip to it and if you have foundation and a base that slips then well you foundation will move around and does not last as long.

This might be my new HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Just OK. It's an unscented gel that doesn't leave a white cast on my face. However, it seemed too moisturizing for my skin - I got oily and my makeup slid off my face. Won't be buying again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the clear formula, and having dry skin I really really like this primer. It helps my foundation glide on and blend seamlessly.

It acts as a double up moisturizer for me, it also gives my foundations and skin a beautiful glowy/dewy look that I prefer. It doesn't do much for making my foundation last longer, but I don't have problems in that area anyways.

I have a 2 ounce container of this, and its lasted me about 2 years. Its about halfway gone, its great.

I don't think I'd reccomend to people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

Yes I really like this. Its non-greasy, sinks in easily and gives a smooth lightweight finish. It just gives me a more refined look. I still like the hourglass primer but I think this is a lighter version of that. I highly recommend. Its hard to overdo and you can just slap it on and its low maintenance. I have repurchased this in ethereal glow already.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Wopbopaloobop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Causes breakouts!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by miluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Spackle has a nice consistency and it goes on smooth but that's about it. I found that after 6 hours or so my make up has worn off and I'm oily. Its a contrast from what I was using before which was Mally's Primer. My make up lasted almost all of my 12 hour shifts, I will return to Mally

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is like a gel-cream in consistency. It goes on cool. And, I don't believe that it's ever broken me out.

This product acts like a moisturizer on my face and not a primer. I've never actually bought this product on its own. It would come in TSV's offered by Laura on QVC, that I'd buy. For me, it's not a must-have. As, I have tried better primers than this one. And, even though Laura says that you can apply it even up underneath your eyes, I have tried such and it would cause my eyes to tear up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This primer didn't work for me. After a few days I got the usual tiny bumps that I get when a primer is silicone-based but this felt different to other primers I've tried so I was optimistic it would work for me. It felt really nice going on and very cooling plus it didn't pill so I'm sad it didn't work out. It seems expensive but if you get the large size it's much better value - that is, if it works for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MoniM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted to like this product. I bought the Laura Geller travel set which came with the Spackle Under Make-Up Primer (1 oz., which is a great size!), their Balance N Brighten powder, a pretty, berry blush, a mini matt-maker powder, and a small blush brush (which is not good, because it sheds like crazy!). I have combo skin and thought the primer would work very well. I use the Smashbox primer, which is great but wanted to try something else. I was very disappointed because the Spackle primer breaks me out!!! :( The first time I used it, I applied in the morning before work and by the end of the day I had little red blemishes and bumps all over my chin. I didn't think at first it was because of the primer. It took a couple days to clear out. Then the next time I applied, AGAIN, blemishes all over my chin. I never, ever get break out on my chin area and this is the only product that could've caused it. Also, it does not make my make up last. Long story short, I do not like this primer and will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this primer is okay. I bought a Laura Geller set as a TSV on QVC and this came in a 4 oz size, which is a giant squeeze tube with a twist on cap. I think it works fine as a primer as far as keeping the makeup on and preventing oxidation, but I don't really think it smoothes the surface of my skin too well. I have dry skin and get little flakes around my jawline and cheeks. This is just a little too thin/watery for my preference, and I find that by the end of my day (around 5-6 hours of wear) my makeup is still present and clinging to my patches. I'll finish it up, but I won't repurchase. I much prefer the bronze-n-brighten and rose gold highlighter from her collection. My favorite primer is Revlon's PhotoReady.