Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer

3.1

Water, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 6/13/2015 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Product made me break out. Tiny little bumps on my jaw line and sides of my face. Will be returning.

on 4/25/2015 9:37:00 AM

My mom got a sample of this and gave it to me as she only uses one kind of primer and won't change for anything. Not sure if it was a bad or old batch because it seems some what thick and many other reviews indicate that it's watery, hmmmm. Anyhow, used it for the first time the other day and found that it turned "tacky" on my skin after a short time. i was out and couldn't wait to get home to wash my face! I actually started wiping my makeup off with a napkin. Anyhow, to top it off my,chin is broken out! I never breakout and this was the only new item I used.

It makes my skin feel smooth, but other than that, what a waste! It does not make my makeup last longer. I've tried it under numerous foundations to no avail. I only use it when I accidentally have used too much makeup and look cakey. When I do that, then it helps smooth out the cakiness, but that's not worth keeping because I can use aloe vera for that. If you want a good primer, try Mary Kay or Urban Decay.

on 2/4/2015 7:24:00 AM

I received this in a recent set from QVC. I know this is meant to be one of Laura Gellerís star products, but I just canít see the big deal about this or primers in general.

This is a gel-like liquid which was easy to spread on my skin, and did seem to sink in quickly when applied. My makeup went on normally over the top of this, I didnít need to blend more like I have to do with some primers.

However, this made absolutely no difference to my makeup. I test out a lot of different products every day and my current BB cream (which doesnít last and I wouldnít buy again) had still vanished off my nose and chin by midday. It didnít make my skin more matte or more shiny, it just did nothing.

This primer made no difference to whether my makeup settled into my fine lines, and basically all it did do was add an extra unnecessary step to my morning routine.

I noticed that there is a new Spackle with SPF 30 which is much more beneficial to skin (the original Spackle has no SPF) so I might give that a try, but I wouldnít buy this one again and donít recommend.

on 11/5/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Loving this primer very much. Been a Monistat Chaffing Gel (MCG) user for a couple years now and was never really impressed because my foundation didnt last that long.

This is how I imagine a primer to be. The type that sinks in easily and dries (gets tacky for lack of a better word similar to what happens when you apply eyelid primer and rub it in). I think foundation never held up well with the MCG is because of the silicone which has slip to it and if you have foundation and a base that slips then well you foundation will move around and does not last as long.

This might be my new HG.

on 9/29/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just OK. It's an unscented gel that doesn't leave a white cast on my face. However, it seemed too moisturizing for my skin - I got oily and my makeup slid off my face. Won't be buying again...

on 8/18/2014 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the clear formula, and having dry skin I really really like this primer. It helps my foundation glide on and blend seamlessly.

It acts as a double up moisturizer for me, it also gives my foundations and skin a beautiful glowy/dewy look that I prefer. It doesn't do much for making my foundation last longer, but I don't have problems in that area anyways.

I have a 2 ounce container of this, and its lasted me about 2 years. Its about halfway gone, its great.

I don't think I'd reccomend to people with oily skin.

on 8/16/2014 6:42:00 PM

Yes I really like this. Its non-greasy, sinks in easily and gives a smooth lightweight finish. It just gives me a more refined look. I still like the hourglass primer but I think this is a lighter version of that. I highly recommend. Its hard to overdo and you can just slap it on and its low maintenance. I have repurchased this in ethereal glow already.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Causes breakouts!!!

on 3/12/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This Spackle has a nice consistency and it goes on smooth but that's about it. I found that after 6 hours or so my make up has worn off and I'm oily. Its a contrast from what I was using before which was Mally's Primer. My make up lasted almost all of my 12 hour shifts, I will return to Mally

Popular Primer/ Correctors