October 25, 2014 | 1254 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - First Date to Pinup Face Case

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just had to go back in time and give this props- I bought this when I was in high school, probably around age 16. It was my first Urban Decay purchase, and I felt super awesome every time I pulled it out of my handbag. (This was also the era when Hard Candy nail polish with the little rubber rings was the SH*T!) Love the colors, love the packaging, so wearable and fun...all this good info has already been described in other reviews. It's a fantastic pallette, too bad its long discontinued. I still have mine despite the fact that it is disgusting and destroyed at this point in my life (overly gunky lip gunks with bits of the eyeshadow ground in, remnants of used up eyeshadow crumbling in their pans, chipped and discolored exterior and no brushes left to speak of). This palette fueled my ongoing love affair with UD, and I would love to get my hands on all the original Face Cases! I have this weird nostalgic tie to mine, I refuse to throw it away. I guess I associate it with fond memories of my teenage adventures...I even admit that the SMELL of the pallette recalls a certain era. Hopefully someone feels me and I'm not completely weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by incompletekatie

I love all the face cases and this one is my favourite. The case will let you create both day time and evening looks and is perfecting for travelling.

The eyeshadows are Urb, lounge, YDK and midnight cowboy. They are highly pigmented, long lasting and easy to blend.

Urb is a pale green with glitter; Lounge is a dark brown with strong red tones that flashes green and gold; YDK is a mid-tp-dark chocolate brown with shimmer and midnight cowboy is a neutral beige with glitter. Lounge is very distincive and my favourite eyshadow out of the 4. Midnight cowboy is the most versatile and the one I wear the most often.

I like to wear YDK on the lid, lounge in the outer V and smuged along my lash lines over black eyeliner pencil, midnight cowboy on the brow bones and urb in the inner corners. This creates a gorgeous evening look that I get many compliments on when I wear and makes my greeen eyes pop. It also complements my red hair.

When I'm feeling lazy on my days off I wear just urb or YDK on my lids and for a quick night time look I wear a lot of black eyeline and lounge on my lids. Lounge looks good over black eyeliner. It brings out the the green/gold flashes in it.

Or you can wear urb on the lid and YDK on the creas or midnight cowboy on the lid and YDK in the crease.

The 2 lipsicks are gash and scratch. Gash is a red that I wasn't sure I could pull off (PPP/NW15) but it works on me, although I have to be in the right mood for such a strong lip.

Scratch is a great neutral and goes with any e/s combination in the kit.

There are 2 lip gunks, biker, which I used to love, but have gone off lately as I prefer more natural colours and area 51, which is a bit dark for me, a berry/purple shade. Again I wear it, but only when I'm in the right mood for it.

I recieved it in a swap and I thought the shotgu body shimmer had dried up, but I realise now it is the paranoid blush! I never use this as I thought it was supposed toi be a cream and it's a powder. My back-up, which I also RIS has the shotgun boday shimmer, and I love to wear this as a lip colour.

The packaging is durable and har wearing. I take it out with me a lot, and nothing has ever broke, but the case is a bit scratched and the labels have worn off the bottom. The applicators aren't very good and I've lost them, but applicators in palettes are rarely any good and I normally take some with me. At a pinch I can use m fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by idealforbarbecue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I still get annoyed with Urban Decay for discontinuing these original face cases. This was my first, and still holds a dear place in my heart even though the applicators are long gone, the lipsticks have gone sticky and the mirror is smudged. It's a selection of sexy, earthy deep browns greens and reds. The 2 lipgunks are Area 51 and Biker - the first a dark blackcurrant with sparkle, the second a shimmer beige, very pale. The lipsticks are Scratch, a subtly shimmery nude colour, and Gash, an amazing metallic vampy red.
The eyeshadows are Midnight Cowboy, high-shimmer pale gold/beige with UD's pesky signiature glitter (I hate glitter eyeshadow, always remove it from my fingertip by blowing before I apply), Urb, a pale army green, also with glitter, Lounge, a unique brown/green duochrome, and Roach, a luxurious high-pigment pearlised chocolate brown. Additionally, there's a creme blush/highlighter that can also be used as a shadow or on the lips.
This palette has done me real service over the years, providing everything from daytime looks to eye-catching night-out ones. The hardwearing case also meant I could take it to clubs with me and re-apply during nights out. Doubt the flimsy new cardboard Face Cases could do as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 12:56:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice face case, probably the most wearable of the lot aside from Sell Out. The colors coordinate beautifully, and Urb + Lounge are really pretty. Well, Midnight Cowboy & YDK are great too! I like to use YDK to fill my eyebrows in too. This is the face case I use the most :D Hmm, sometimes just because a UD face case isn't stand out doesn't mean it isn't beautiful right?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE best make-up palette. I bought it on e-bay(from an mtvsux, same as mtvsux here maybe?) and loved it so much that I got another. In my huge makeup collection, it's the only daily staple. I'm a BBB, but I imagine it would work for just about any complexion. My only gripe is that the blush is right next to the lip gunks, and it's impossible to get a blush brush in there withouth dipping it into the gunks, so I've gotten quite a bit of powder into them and ended up just buying a full size lip gunk instead of using the one in the palette. But all in all, a great product.

Edit: The lip gunks in UD palettes tend to get pretty icky. I can't even use them. Might just go for a shadow box next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sharon_sls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite Face Case (and after a hard battle I now have them all)... I won't bother with the color list (many people have already provided that) but I will vouch for this being the most wearable (on a daily basis) and one of the prettiest. My only grouch is that the glitter from the eyeshadows ends up in the lipstuff (blech!) but aside from that I'd have a hard time doing anything but praising this gorgeous Face Case. If you've been wanting to test the UD waters there probably isn't any better place to start. *Love* this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2003 11:50:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

The Best! I really love this palette. I was thinking about buying a new Midnight Cowboy e/s for posterity when i found a store w/ a handful of these. I knew they were discontinued and hard to find so i bought them all.

Perfect mix of popular colours. Esp. Midnight Cowboy, Urb, YDK (shimmery brown), Gash lipstick (Gwen Stephanie's), well, just all the colours are so pretty. I LOVE wearing Cwby w/ Urb, Love wearing Cwby w/ YDK, LOVE wearing the Gash inside and Area 51 outside. And lucky me I got one w/ Paranoide blush instead of the body haze...SUPREME! And what a great price! at 34 each item is $3.75. Can't beat that w/ a stick. The 2 double ended brushes are alright, they get the job done. LOVE the size, it actually fits in my Urban Outfitters Wallet! *sigh* *love*

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2003 10:46:00 PM More reviews by gestapolollipop

I loved this. I sadly lost it during a move, or while traveling. It was so handy during traveling, as it had colors to build all sorts of looks. All the colors were wonderful for me, and I am currently rebuilding with the full-size items, which is rather hard on my college-student wallet. I really, really wish this hadn't been discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 12:46:00 AM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

nice when i wanna look natural yet sparkly! good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2002 7:31:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Great colors. One of my favorite UD palettes. I especially love the Acid Rain and YDK e/s and Area 51 gunk. Colors could be worn in daytime as well as out at night.