MAC Matte - Blackberry

4.1

TALC, ZINC STEARATE,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [+/- SILICA, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

on 3/2/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A pretty plummy brown. Unfortunately, it was dry in consistency, the color pay-off was poor, and it can look muddy when blended. The shade was pretty enough that I would have kept it, but like Sketch and Fig 1, I had an allergic reaction and had to return it. I bought NYX Skinny Dip which is similar in color but better in consistency, blendability, and I have no allergic reaction.

on 12/24/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Blackberry is a gorgeous, muted deep purple shade. I use with noctyrnelle frost when doing a smokey eye and prunella eye pencil. I have green eye so this shade does suit my eye colour. I'll be buying this again

on 10/6/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great colour, but...
MAC please do something about your matte e/s, especially the purple ones.
The formulation simply sucks.
Will not repurchase

on 8/8/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Blackberry is a gorgeous, muted deep purple shade which does a fantastic job of flattering my blue green eyes. While it is not super pigmented I find it easier to work with as it isn't very blendable. I build it up carefully and have only ever used it as a crease color (I need to branch out). My favorite look with this shadow is Haux on the lid (a taupey, muted red brown), Blackberry in the crease and Yogurt (a soft matte pink) under the brow bone. But also looks great with Amber Lights!

I've applied this wet and the application is rather patchy. The nicest thing about this shadow is the lack of fallout. I doubt I will ever hit the pan but if I used it up I wouldn't repurchase. I would look for an easier to blend, more buttery shadow. But I will say the color is exceedingly flattering and livens up the complexion quite nicely. Worth the money but not the texture I prefer.

on 3/1/2013 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence about this shade. It's certainly a beautiful plum which has the potential to create natural looking depth, but it's so hard to blend that I always end up looking like I have bruised eyes when I put it in the crease. I think this would be too dark for someone lighter than NC20. This is ultra matte in finish, and it's hard for the brush to pick up color and hard for it to blend out on the skin. Careful.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Blackberry is a matte shade that says "Oh am purple...am purple..yes I am...oh but am brown" XD

There's definitely visible purple in there, but just on the fence of brown.

The color is pretty deep and can be layered and looks best actually when it's layered heavily. I usually use this on my lids and then Sushi Flower+Texture in the crease.

Lasting power is quite good and great color payoff, just one lippie off cuz I have such a horrible time trying to blend it. No fallout, given you tap off the excess.

I don't think I'll be buying this again, it just didn't amaze me.

on 8/18/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a very nice eyeshadow. I use with satin taupe when doing a smokey eye and it compliments it nicely. I have hazel eyes so this shade does suit me eye colour. It's a matte finish so does give more intense colour. I actually prefer matte finish now which I never thought I'd say. I think I need to expand my matte collection as I mainly have shimmer finish eyeshadows.

on 7/28/2012 2:05:00 PM

I'm not crazy about "Blackberry" I had expected something more purple. This one is a muted purple and not the purple color I prefer. However, since it's MAC the quality is pretty good. However, it could be a bit more pigmented. My other eye shadows from the brand are much more pigmented. I would not repurchase this color. continued >>

on 2/17/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the perfect purple for green eyes, beautiful matte purple mauve, great as your midtone. Blends great with so many colors as well.

This is a great fall color. Since it doesn't have much sparkle to it, I use Naked Lunch as an undertone and layer this on the inner part of my eye. It creates a great shadow

I have brown eyes and supposedly purples go well with brown eyes so I highly suggest this shade since it's a bit darker than normal purple tones.