Avon Little Black Dress

3.7

on 8/27/2014 11:41:00 AM

this smells to me like Fire and ice deodeant i think. It took me a few days to like this fragrance and only when I conected it to Fire and ice did i start liking it.

I've worn this perfume for a long time ..It's beautiful and very classic , reviewers here have described beautifully ..It's warm for sure but it won't give headaches ..Best of all , it 's wearable for either day or night , and it 's very long lasting ..
Sadly , I felt it doesn't suit my body chemistry , and smelled weird on me ..:/ It was the 2000's then and all this craze with "sweet " scents started , so I thought of letting it go and trying others ...I recommend trying it before buying as it's prone to change easily on skin , but smells beautifully and chic with the right wearer .

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think Avon did a good job with this fragrance :) It doesn't smell too sweet or light, it's more of a sophisticated and musky smell. It even reminds me a little bit of a men fragrance, but it still is very feminine. The name of it fits the smell- a nighttime, coquettish and even mystical perfume.

on 2/16/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good thing I only brought this in the roller ball version. I smelt a sample in one of their catalog and thought it smelt soo delightful.
When I purchased the roller ball, it smelt nothing like what I had remember. Strong and musky that was it.

on 1/26/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

this scent was awesome! i still have some left over in my bottle and i wear it time to time in the colder months.. it is fruity but in a wintery way. it is sophisticated and modern, has good staying power.

on 2/5/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this perfume, it smell really nice on me. I paid 6 on the sale, and I think it's really worthy, doesn't smell like a cheap perfume at all! The lasting power is good on this perfume too. I could use it every day and would recommend this to my friends!

on 1/31/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another one of the good fragrances that use to be.....I still have a bottle of this one too, maybe 2 bottles? I use to wear this one almost every day but.....as with every perfume... I got tired of the smell and moved on. I do like this perfume. It reminds me of very rich and well dressed women. I do not know why that is, but it does. I rarely wear this fragrance anymore. I think I grew out of it. It is a stronger perfume and wears for a long time. The smell seems to lighten up after a couple of hours, but then after another hour or so, it seems to strengthen again. I would re-buy it if I ever run out. It does have it's place on any fine lady's vanity

on 11/16/2008 5:59:00 PM

I really liked this when I first got it but it wore on me pretty quickly. I still like it, it's a nice fragrance, sultry and sophisticated yet fun but definitely a "once in a while" fragrance for me. I find that a little bit of it is more than enough so my small bottle will last quite a while. I really liked the bottle design though, very classy. It sure didn't last long though, I still give it a 4. Many of Avons fragrance are stinkers but this was one of the better ones IMO. I might repurchase this if it was still available, only in a small bottle though.

Initially I was a little disappointed in this perfume, because I wanted more apricot, more floral, and more spice. I don't care for the first few minutes of Little Black Dress, but I must admit that when it has settled down a bit, it's very subtle and pretty. It's not a favourite but it's growing on me. For now my little roller-ball applicator will suffice, and I don't plan to buy more, but if it goes on a really good sale I may change my mind.

Edited to add a lippie and to say that I would, in fact, buy this product again. I must like this more than I had initially thought, because I'm almost through my roll-on and it's only been a couple of months. That's rather quick for me. It seems to be a rather good compromise scent for when it's not too hot or too cold out, and I can't decide whether to wear a warm scent or a floral.

on 6/1/2008 5:55:00 AM

i got this in special edition which is said to be more concentrated and will last longer. i was surprised at how cheap looking the bottle is. the original version looks a lot better. i bought this thinking this would a flirty sexy kind of a scent but i find it to be too warm and musky and potentially a headache inducer coz of the really strong and overpowering scent. definitely not ideal for everyday wear.

Popular Fragrances