September 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - LipBalm

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ladylazarus

I used this ages ago (read: in 2008), but I recently reviewed another lanolin-containing lip product, and this fact spurred me to review Carmex. As I wrote in my review for Zoya Hot Lips Fixx, lanolin is a waxy substance produced by sheep in order to keep their wool waterproof. Lanolin, being sheep grease (squick!), tastes and smells foul. It does the job, I guess, but Carmex lists lanolin as a non-medicinal ingredient, so it can't contribute a whole lot to Carmex's moisturizing properties. Carmex in general does the job, but that's about all I can say for it. The tubes don't wow me quite as much for cooling and hydrating, but they're more sanitary, and they're easier to use with long fingernails. I wouldn't repurchase... I guess I'd rather use a lip balm that doesn't taste vile or collect bacteria, even if this stuff works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this lip balm, but it contains a lot of mineral oils and the pot situation is kind of unhygienic. I can live with the fact of it being in a pot, but I can see how some people can have an issue with this. However, this product is truly the best and most hydrating lip balm I've ever tried (and I have tried the lot). I put this on before bedtime and it is actually still on my lips when I wake up the next day, and my lips are supersoft. Works like a charm every time I have chapped/dry lips, no other lip product can compete with Carmex. Affordable. Smells fresh and minty. Not sticky at all, feels quite nice on the lips. Regarding the mineral oils; it has not broken me out, but the pores around my mouth area are more clogged than usual. I still bought two of this, so I have one in my bag and one on my nightstand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ekhamsomphou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decent product for dry lips. As mentioned by other people the pot is unsanitary but I prefer the pot over the tube. Hydrates my lips and has a nice cooling effect but I do find myself constantly reapplying. Also the smell isn't the best but I did eventually get used to it. All in all would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate tubs (pots) of lip balm - especially if you have or are prone to getting cold sores. It's just gross and not hygienic. That said, people know, love and some swear by carmex but I do not.

I don't like the packaging, smell or taste.

There are better products on the market and yes, some cost more.
And for a true cold sore (herpetic in nature) I can pop a few anti-virals from my doctor and have it be done with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by eloise96

best lip product!!! beats vaseline or anything like that any day!
The scent is so good, and the minty feel on your lips leaves them feeling refreshed and so soft.

I use every night before bed, and every morning after brushing my teeth. This ensures my lips are always feeling soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I know people say this is supposed to be bad for you but I cannot get over the smell of this.
It just makes me feel good lol.
Just a simple lip conditioner and very unisex. I do wish the tubes were as good as the little jar but I do not find it to be the same.
I prefer my little jar of happiness.
It makes my lips super soft and supply. I have never had any issues with this causing dryness to my lips. I keep this at my nightstand and use before bed. Lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this lip balm. i use it every night before bed. leaves my lips soft and moisturised in the morning. also love the scent, very refreshing! will definitely buy this again. i have this in a pot and lasts much longer than any other lip balm in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by brxkenpetal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my first pot a few days after I arrived in London since my Italian lips weren't used to that windy and cold weather and it was love at first try. It just works. I had very chopped lips and after a couple of applications of this lip balm my lips where begging me to buy other pots to bring with me in italy. Of course, I couldn't resist, I bought just the tube version after seeing that it can be easily found online and now, a year and a couple of months after, it is the first step of my daily makeup routine. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

About a month ago I got a weird allergic reaction on my lips from a cleanser I used...My lips were sore, swollen, itchy, peeling and incredibly, painfully dry. It was the worst!
I tried using - the plain nivea lip butter, Bepanthen, Maybelline baby lips, blistex stick lip balm, medicated things, other nivea stick balms, etc etc. Nothing helped! They were so dry and sore and weren't getting any better...
Until I tried this! (the original version in the pot). Love how cooling it was going on...My lips were back to normal within a day!!!
Now that my lips are all back to normal, I will still use this every, single morning and night because it keeps my lips so soft, smooth and I just love the cooling effect.
I like that it doesn't have spf in it because I HATE the taste of balms with spf and I find they actually dry my lips out in the long run.
Love this and will use it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by bestofbest

Best lip balm ever. I seriously love love love it. My fav