Carmex Lip Balm

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

on 7/17/2015 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, it is by far the best lip balm I've ever used. It is my saviour on cold winter days and literally smoothes my lips instantly after being applied. Also it lasts ages! The only downside is that it doesn't taste or smell particularly nice but to be honest this does not bother me as the product itself is fantastic and does the job.

on 7/15/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know many people are very skeptical and apprehensive when it comes to reviews. You don't know if it will always be reliable! But trust me, this review will be an honest review of my experience with this lip balm. I have suffered from dry lips and skin in general for a very long time. I don't know what causes it, and I haven't bothered going to a dermatologist. I have tried almost every lip balm I could get my hands on: Burt's Bees, Chapstick, EOS, Aquaphor, etc. All of these brands felt amazing while the product was on my lips. But as time went on and the product started wiping away, I was left with even drier lips. Then I found Carmex (in the tub, I personally find it more effective than the one with the tip applicator) and this has been my holy grail. It has saved my lips through humid, dry environments, and every season in the year. It has a nice cool, tingly feeling. I love the way it feels on my lips and I always put it on before bed. It's so nice, because it's a product I don't have to apply every hour. More like every 4 hours? It's not sticky, and it has just the perfect consistency. A tub lasts me a long time, and it's cheap!

A GREAT TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!: I love wearing lip products with color whether it be a lip stain or lipstick. But i find a lot of them to be very drying when I wear them alone. So what I do, is I mix a generous amount of carmex and the lip color together and depending on how much carmex you use, the lip color is very pigmented! Now I can have colorful, soft lips. This is just my experience with carmex. It might not work as well for others, but it is worth the try. You never know until you try!

This lip balm saved my super chapped lips! I tried everything from Burt's Bees to Blistex to Eos! I tried each for 1 week with no results until I came across Carmex and after a few days my lips were back to normal! My lips happened to get super chapped during summer which is weird but I'm so scared of my lips going back to being chapped that I use this every night now. Life saver!

on 7/10/2015 11:48:00 AM

Nice and tingly. It works. I like that I can soothe and smooth cracked/chapped lips as well as treat cold sores.

on 6/21/2015 10:45:00 AM

Love this. Does everything one would expect of a lip balm and is perfectly priced.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! Yes, like another reviewer said, it's lip crack but in the best way possible lol. I have been addicted to this since I was 6 and it was the only thing that would make my severely chapped lips better. I am never and will never be without it, my hubby says I have a problem, but if you call smooth, hydrated lips a problem then im guilty. This stuff is a must for lipstick wearers. When I heard people actually exfoliate thier lips before putting on a matte lipstick I was like "what!". I haver never had to, this stuff before bed is all you need.

on 6/19/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the carmex in the pot/tub. It works wonders if you slather it on before going to bed at night, your lips are so smooth in the morning! It feels a little minty and it swells up your lips in a really good way!!! I tried the tube version but it doesn't do anything, will keep purchasing the tub for the rest of my life...Also heard somewhere that carmex never exprires.

Currently on my 2nd tub after asking a friend to hoard for me when she went to the US (sometimes living in my part of Asia sucks and not every drugstore and mall here sells this).

This isn't the type that I put on every hour of the day/as much as possible - I find this one to be the one that does wonders when you put it on before sleep (same as that Shea butter lip balm from The Face Shop - pretty dang good but on the more expensive side for the constantly broke college student) and only when your lips need them the most.

Would definitely hoard-- I mean repurchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

As a child I would get terrible, terrible chapped lips and skin under my nose. My father always gave me Carmex for it, so I have memories of this stuff being what stopped what at the time seemed like horrific pain. So at the very least 6-year-old NotoriousKaboom would recommend it on that alone.

Adult NotoriousKaboom, however, would like to recommend it for another reason. Like many members of the human species I suffer from cold sores occasionally, and have tried a lot of things to get rid of them (including some probably very ill-advised ones collected from the darker corners of the Internet, involving duct tape, capsaicin-type Salonpas, 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication, and rice vinegar... don't ask, looking back I probably should have realised what a boneheaded idea it was...)

Anyway, long rambling story aside, for my most recent bout with a cold sore, I was looking through my medicine bag for something that might work when I saw the tub of Carmex. I had never noticed before, but it actually says "for cold sores" on it. So I decided, what the heck, it couldn't be worse than sticking Salonpas to my face with duct tape so I put it on. I did that for three days, and within that three days the cold sore was gone. That was the fastest I've ever gotten rid of one of the wretched things. So not only is Carmex great for chapped skin it zaps cold sores better than Abreva (and definitely better than any ridiculous remedy you might find elsewhere).

on 5/29/2015 6:36:00 PM

Best lip balm. Can't live without the cherry version!!

Popular Lip Treatments