NARS Dolomites Duo

on 9/7/2014 7:00:00 AM

I got this today out on a whim and it was the best decision I made. It's so pretty and the lighter shade can be used on its own or intensified with the darker shade. You can tell it's well thought out and wasn't just thrown together like I find with most of the Nars eyeshadow duo's.

I would absolutely buy this again.

on 8/29/2014 2:16:00 AM

It does remind me of Tom Ford's enchanted quad. Dolomites is fool proof, creamy, pigmented and good for many skin tones. Recommended!!

on 7/28/2014 10:03:00 PM

I'm really happy with this duo! The pink is a shimmery orchid pink with some silvery-taupe shot through it, and the brown is a really nice warm brown. I have a lot of neutral palettes and these are both unique colors in my collection. Both are very nicely pigmented, especially the brown, and blend out really easily with minimal fall out. I was worried the pink would be a bit of a mess but it's very buttery and easy to work with.

on 7/22/2014 4:17:00 PM

Dolomites is part of the NARS Fall 2014 collection. I have to say it's awesome. I don't remember the last time I was so excited about a NARS collection. I had to own this duo. The Rose Quartz side is a shimmery, warm pink based-almost taupe color that is gorgeous. Don't let the "pink" description throw you off. It's a beautiful, neutral color, especially on green eyes! The brown side is a very pretty milk chocolate with a slight reddish undertone. Also smashing on green eyes. This duo works well together no matter how you choose to wear it...unlike some NARS duos where you need to bring in another duo/color to pull everything together. This can be made to look dramatic and smoky, or neutral/nude. I'm loving it. The texture is also a ...highly pigmented, soft and blendable. I've found the texture lacking in some NARS palettes, but this one is perfect. There may be a back up of this duo in my future.