Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

4.1

AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE

on 7/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I honestly do not get the good reviews that this product is receiving. Maybe the good reviews are for the more expensive micellar waters out there and people are just happy to have a much cheaper replacement. I find that it takes a ton of this product plus cotton pads and even then my make up is not completely removed. Removing mascara with this is a disaster that I would never repeat.

I find myself washing my face with my normal gentle cleanser and then using a cotton pad or two with his product on it to make sure that every trace of make up is gone from my face. But any toner would do that. I see nothing special about micellar cleansing water and would never purchase this again,

on 7/24/2015 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried quite a few micellar waters now, ranging from more expensive (L'Oreal, French pharmacy) down to bargain bin, Superdrug etc. This Garnier one is my favourite so far I think.

I don't honestly think they make a difference to my skin, sorry - some are more drying than others, some are better at taking off makeup, but I'm still not really sure what these are supposed to be doing other than taking off makeup! And on that score the Garnier is really a good product. It's doesn't dry my skin, does a better job removing makeup than some others I've tried. It's also pretty gentle on the eyes - no. it won't take off waterproof mascara easily, and you shouldn't get it in you eyes if you can help it - ironically this is way less stingy than a sensitive eye makeup remover I tried recently tough!

I have this in the sensitive/combination. And it is gentle and non-drying and my skin has behaved pretty well since I've been using it (so maybe it does do something good for skin?!). Hard to say as I always cleanse afterwards no matter what. I love the generous bottle it comes in as lbh it takes quite a few cotton pads to take off makeup and I hate when I go through micellar water in a week - this stuff has lasted almost a month now, and I am planning on re-purchasing. So well done Garnier, another winner! :-)

I'm now on my second bottle, having switched to the green one which is for oily/combination skin, which is more suitable for my skin type. I'm very impressed! Gets all my makeup off (I tend to wear BB cream, blusher, mascara and usually eyeliner every day) and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft and clean.

I agree with the comment below about not getting it near your eyes - it stings like hell! But then again, I haven't found a skincare product that doesn't, so just need to be careful!

One small criticism - sometimes I need to do more than one application to the same area to get everything off, and not just with foundation, even with lighter BB cream, as one application doesn't always do the trick. But generally it's a great product, especially for the price and such a big bottle. Will definitely keep using it.

on 7/18/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have re-purchased it several times already. Enough said. It does it all.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! It removes my makeup easily, and doesn't irritate my eyes when I remove mascara, etc. The bottle is huge, and I've been using mine almost everyday for months now and its just above half way full still! (I do use quite a bit when I use it). I like to drab a good amount on a cotton pad and wipe all over my face to remove makeup, or just quickly cleanse my face instead of using my gel cleanser. Will I buy it again? Definitely.

on 7/10/2015 12:38:00 PM

This is comparable to BioDerma... to a point. It's certainly as efficient as its more expensive French cousin at removing makeup, but whereas BioDerma is great for all over the face, with the Garnier version I found I had to be a little more cautious when using it around my eye area as it had a tendency to sting. Which was difficult when that's what I predominently used it for.

As with most of the other micellar waters out there, this one's fragrance free (always a plus) and it comes in a massive 400ml bottle (which according to the front, gives you 200 uses when based on using 2ml per cotton pad). The bottle dispenses a nice amount from a small opening in the lid and all round, it feels like nice, sturdy packaging that isn't easily knocked over or broken on the first use. In fact, the bottle looks a bit like the BioDerma one...

The final plus point for me was the price. This cost me a mere 2.99 compared to a 500ml bottle of BioDerma which costs me closer to 15.00. Based on the performance of the Garnier version I would definitely repurchase it (especially as it's often included in Boots' 3 for 2 offers, making it even cheaper); I just have to remember to be careful when removing my eye makeup with it!

on 7/10/2015 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought it after reading that it was a dupe for Bioderma. I had gone through a bottle of Bioderma and loved that, but decided to try the Garnier as it is more readily available to me and the cost difference is substantial. It does an alright job as removing makeup, but with mascara, even the non waterproof formulas, it sucked, did nothing but make your lashes clump together. My skin also broke out, but with the Bioderma it didn't, not sure if it was due to makeup not being removed thoroughly or it just broke my skin out. (always washed my face again with a proper face wash when using both products). Used the entire bottle before reviewing as I don't like to be wasteful. Have gone back to the Bioderma and will be sticking to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is my HG makeup remover, though NOT for eyes. I recommend a dual phase eye makeup remover for that, you know the ones with two different colours that you shake to mix the ingredients? Well, use one of those. You can find them everywhere. PLEASE don't ever use micellar water to remove eye makeup, it's not formulated for the delicate skin under your eyes. Love yourselves.

Garnier Micellar Water is different to Bioderma in that rather than removing makeup like an eraser, it dissolves it? If that makes sense. It's super easy to use, I can remove all of my foundation within 30 seconds before cleansing. I have also noticed that I use marginally less product than I did with Bioderma, and don't have to keep going over the same area. Oh and did I mention it is soooo much cheaper? I'm so glad I made the switch.

on 7/6/2015 5:05:00 AM

Definitely would buy again! I love this product like so much. For me this product is so much better than other makeup remover, for example bioderma. This one is scent-free which is the reason why i love it. Worth the money.

on 7/5/2015 12:46:00 PM

This product is OK, not amazing but it takes off most of my makeup without being sticky although i still like to rinse my face afterwards. I will use it up but i will not repurchase because i have other makeup removers that are better.