Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

4.1

AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE

on 3/25/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

After using up 2 bottles (and now on to the 3rd), I would say it is SO AMAZING!

Pros:
- Clean really well. It can remove foundation, concealer, mascara
- Very gentle, no rash, no sting, nothing
- No smell
- Super super cheap, even better when Garnier is on sale 40-50% quite often in Australia
- Big bottle, I think for 1 bottle of 500ml, I can use in ~4.5-5 months, given that I wear makeup about 6 days a weak. This is a plus for me because I always wait until it is on sale to buy a new bottle :))

Cons:
- Not very good when removing stubborn makeup. But I don't think it's a problem because whenever I use waterproof eyeliner and mascara, I would use eye-makeup remover so that I don't rub my skin too harsh.
- Big bottle, so not convenient when travelling, or you need to pour it into a small travel bottle to carry with you. Anw, not a problem for me because I'm not travelling away too much, just several times a year.

Conclusion, 5 lippies.

on 3/20/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of Garnier however I am really pleased with this product. It removes all my make up and even three coats of waterproof mascara easily,with no rubbing. It does not irritate my eyes. It leaves my skin super clean and ready for my moisturizer. Great value for money also. The bottle is huge but I will repurchase when I finish it.

on 3/16/2015 11:15:00 PM

I really really love this product! The bottle is huge and looks great, the product itself works wonderfully, it even removes my most stubborn waterproof mascara that every other product fails to remove.

My only problem with it is that it hurts my eyes so so much when I'm removing my eye makeup. Maybe I'm using too much?

I'll still buy it again, as it works so well and is such a great price!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Loooove! I bought the one for oily skin to try out micellar water in general before I bought the more expensive Bioderma.
It's big, it's cheap, and that's great because sometimes I use this twice a day: in the morning if I'm in a rush and can't wash my face and at night to remove my make-up. It feels so refreshing and light, unlike my old make-up wipes it doesn't leave my face dewey or wet and is super gentle when I really have to get into the eye area to remove my mascara.
That is the one downside for me, like with make-up wipes I have to go over my eyes a few times with effort to get ALL my mascara off. Other than that, it's pretty much amazing.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like once I started using this my nose was smoother (sebum or whatever).

on 3/13/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very good product. I was very skeptic on buying this as I thought that it would not take off waterproof mascara as I wear it almost everyday. However when I tried to take my mascara off, I was pleasantly surprised as most of it did come off. I soaked a cotton pad and gently pat it into my eyes on my eye lashes for about 10 seconds and most of it came off. I used a bit more to wipe away some of the rest. It also takes off face makeup very well as well. I live in New Zealand so this product only came out and is only about $9 which I was super impressed with.

on 3/11/2015 3:08:00 PM

I was sceptical at first - I thought I might be being sold distilled water for a silly price but I tried this on a friends recommendation because I have super sensitive skin with acne rosacea and I wanted something to use in the morning that would take off any oil an sweat but not bring me out in a hot red mess. So I used it every morning for a few weeks and it was great - really refreshing and cooling. I looked forward to using it as it woke me up in a nice gentle way.
The price for the amount you get is amazing so I was very happy with the product - then one day I was trying out a new foundation sample and my skin reacted badly within minutes of application - I raced to the bathroom and reached for the nearest bottle before my skin burst into flames. The Micellar water took off all the foundation and soothed my skin immediately. Wow I thought - it takes makeup off! Next day I tried it on a full face of my regular heavy duty makeup, full coverage foundation, powder, tubing mascara and lipstick etc. It took off everything -including the mascara which I love but using hot water to remove it can set my rosacea off - it was fantastic! Super clean skin, left soft and supple with no drying, no redness and no stress. I LOVE THIS STUFF!! and did I mention the price which is ridiculous for a bottle that lasts ages?
This really works and at a perfect price - it's a miracle! Everybody should try this because I never want this to go out of production - never, ever!

on 3/6/2015 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It feels like wiping water across your face but gets rid of thick makeup and waterproof mascara. It's a great product. I don't think you can replace washing your face with it but it'd definitely recommend it as part of make up removal routine.

My skin felt clean and refreshed after using it and it didn't feel like any residue was left over, unlike some other makeup removers. It's unscented and cheap.

on 3/4/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I never considered myself to have sensitive eyes but after using this I realise my eyes tear really easily at night! And my eyes get so so red & dry. I much prefer the l'oreal one even though this one is cheaper, I have to use at least 2-3 cotton rounds to get everything off which is quite a lot of work to me

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is combo-oily, dehydrated and sensitive (SD/PD-prone). I used to love Bioderma Sensibio H2O to take off eye makeup, cleaning up makeup mishaps and my skin in general, in the AM or prior to washing. I have tried a couple others (Yves Rocher and LRP) and thought it was the best among the three.

When I heard that Garnier launched a new (revamped, I suppose) micellar water, I was a bit skeptical due to hexylene glycol (scores 3 in comedogenic ranking). But seeing the rave reviews and comparison to Bioderma, I had to try for myself.

I found this to feel a bit less drying compared to Bioderma. I used to just splash my face in the morning in middle of winter because using Bioderma in the morning felt a bit drying. I have no problem with this Garnier one. It also takes off my eye makeup (mostly just non-waterproof mascara) and it does the job just as good as Bioderma.
With both I use 1-2 cotton rounds to clean the whole face (mostly concealer, mineral foundation and cream blush). I obviously need to follow up with oil-cleansing for tenacious sunscreen.

I also like the packaging of Garnier's better. The opening was flat with the cap and helps with more control pouring it out to cotton rounds.

I currently live in Malta, Bioderma costs 9.5 for 250ml and Garnier costs 8-8.5 for 400ml. I obviously choose to restock the latter.

photogenic and works well- what more do you want?