Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

4.1

AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE

on 8/17/2015 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have got through two bottles of this. It removes makeup brilliantly and doesn't dry out or irritate the skin. It even removes lipstick and eye makeup.

The only downside I can give is it runs out fairly quickly if you use it every day like me. But that's not much of a bother since it is so cheap.

Would recommend.

on 8/17/2015 2:41:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! Not only it is an excellent makeup remover, but it can also be used as cleanser too. I apply it on a cotton pad, put it on my eye, wait a few seconds and then gently wipe the make up off my eye. It is one of the best eye makeup removes!
Another pron: some days that I don't want to wet my face, I simply use this product as a cleanser!

on 8/16/2015 4:11:00 PM

I love this product! I can't find any cons to this at all. It does exactly as it says, removes makeup and cleanses, definitely my favourite makeup remover as I am quite lazy :) I use this on cotton pads to remove eye makeup and foundation. For me it works quite well and removing mascara and eyeshadow etc without irritating my eyes, but I have read that it has irratated people's eyes so just be cautious of that when trying it out. I don't wear lipstick so im not sure how it works for that, but it does remove all of my foundation and eye makeup perfectly. I have sensitive skin and I'm prone to breakouts but this hasn't broken my skin out any more than usual.

on 8/16/2015 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this micellar water as it's not sticky. I usually mix this with a little bit of baby oil to remove my eye makeup first then rest of my face. Then I use another cotton pad only with this micellar water to just do final cleanse. But being acne prone, I still follow this up with foam cleanser and toner. Overall it took off my makeup well and feels nicer than the regular makeup remover

on 8/16/2015 6:00:00 AM

This product is amazing especially if your lazy. I was a bit sceptical about it removing makeup but it does and it's perfect for cleansing your face quickly. I would DEFINETLY re purchase

on 8/13/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Ever since micellar water was being talked about in the beauty blogs I followed, I had wanted to try this as my makeup remover/cleanser. Initially I didn't believe that it fully and thoroughly cleansed your face, and in my case I was right. On a normal day I wear a medium coverage foundation, brow powder, black eyeshadow as eyeliner and waterproof mascara and I get about 1-2 cotton pads to remove as much makeup as I can. I think that this product is a good replacement for makeup remover and the price is good for the amount you get. It claims that you do not need to rinse off but personally I'd just use this as a really effective makeup remover and follow up with a cleansing routine. I do find that I don't vigorously rub my eyes when I try to remove gel/liquid/pencil liners. One thing I didn't like about this is the scent. It has a faint scent that reminds me of old mascara, but i don't mind it as much because it does its job.

on 7/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I honestly do not get the good reviews that this product is receiving. Maybe the good reviews are for the more expensive micellar waters out there and people are just happy to have a much cheaper replacement. I find that it takes a ton of this product plus cotton pads and even then my make up is not completely removed. Removing mascara with this is a disaster that I would never repeat.

I find myself washing my face with my normal gentle cleanser and then using a cotton pad or two with his product on it to make sure that every trace of make up is gone from my face. But any toner would do that. I see nothing special about micellar cleansing water and would never purchase this again,

on 7/24/2015 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried quite a few micellar waters now, ranging from more expensive (L'Oreal, French pharmacy) down to bargain bin, Superdrug etc. This Garnier one is my favourite so far I think.

I don't honestly think they make a difference to my skin, sorry - some are more drying than others, some are better at taking off makeup, but I'm still not really sure what these are supposed to be doing other than taking off makeup! And on that score the Garnier is really a good product. It's doesn't dry my skin, does a better job removing makeup than some others I've tried. It's also pretty gentle on the eyes - no. it won't take off waterproof mascara easily, and you shouldn't get it in you eyes if you can help it - ironically this is way less stingy than a sensitive eye makeup remover I tried recently tough!

I have this in the sensitive/combination. And it is gentle and non-drying and my skin has behaved pretty well since I've been using it (so maybe it does do something good for skin?!). Hard to say as I always cleanse afterwards no matter what. I love the generous bottle it comes in as lbh it takes quite a few cotton pads to take off makeup and I hate when I go through micellar water in a week - this stuff has lasted almost a month now, and I am planning on re-purchasing. So well done Garnier, another winner! :-)

I'm now on my second bottle, having switched to the green one which is for oily/combination skin, which is more suitable for my skin type. I'm very impressed! Gets all my makeup off (I tend to wear BB cream, blusher, mascara and usually eyeliner every day) and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft and clean.

I agree with the comment below about not getting it near your eyes - it stings like hell! But then again, I haven't found a skincare product that doesn't, so just need to be careful!

One small criticism - sometimes I need to do more than one application to the same area to get everything off, and not just with foundation, even with lighter BB cream, as one application doesn't always do the trick. But generally it's a great product, especially for the price and such a big bottle. Will definitely keep using it.

on 7/18/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have re-purchased it several times already. Enough said. It does it all.