August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Thatgirlemi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this product amazing!

It seems to dissolve my makeup onto the cotton pad I use to remove my makeup, so there is minimal smudging of black mascara over the face as I sometimes experience with other makeup removers. It has no problem with waterproof formulas either.

It is very gentle around the eyes, and has so far not caused any of the problems that can sometimes occur due to my sensitive skin (such as dryness, spots or rashes).
It leaves a residue which isn't unpleasant as it has the same consistency as water and can easily be patted into the skin.

I see some people commenting that they can use this as starting cleanser to follow up with another. Yet I find this sufices at removing makeup to the point that when I wake up the next day there are no black smudges under my lower lash-line (which is always a sign for a bad makeup remover) which shows that it has removed all my mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to see if it is dupe-able for the near-iconic Bioderma Sensibio, so it had a lot of expectations to live up to. The price point for the 400ml bottle is terrific value.

Texture/consistency-wise, I don't notice any difference from the Bioderma. My skin hasn't shown signs so far of reacting differently either.

But it does take more cotton pads to remove my make-up, and it takes quite a lot more work to completely remove my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It also stings my eyes, but that might be because I use more product and rub it more over my eye area.

This product isn't available in the UAE (where Bioderma is quite prevalent), and am not so taken with it that I'd import in bulk from my UK visits, hence my vote not to buy it again. But I do think it's excellent value for money compared to Bioderma.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful! Perfectly removes my make up and leaves my oily-sensitive skin feeling fresh and calm! I use it for eye makeup also and is very good(i don't know about waterproof). I will keep buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oooooh baby, this product is amazing at removing any trace of makeup whether it's heavy or light.

I like to pour a bit onto a clean cotton round pad & letting it rest on my eyelids before gently wiping. It is great for those who love their waterproof products as well.

Texture is obviously runny, leaves a oily residue behind but I usually wash my face after I used the micellar.

Price is actually really good for the amount you get. Priceline sells it for $11.99 AUS.

I'm on my second bottle now and I definitely see myself still using this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a fan of Bioderma and was interested in trying this out to see if it was just as good. First off the bottle is 400ml and retails for AUD$11.95, a much cheaper option than Bioderma.

I use this as a makeup remover and it works exactly the same as Bioderma. It removes my makeup, as well as mascara and eyeliner and doesn't seem to leave any residue on my face. If you're a fan of Bioderma or want to give micellar waters a go I would definitely recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by nads2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had first ignored this as I though a 'water' would be no good. However as it was on offer in SuperDrug I thought I would try it ! I can honestly say I don't think I'll be using anything else. I wear quite heavy eye make up and this takes it all off easily and doesn't irritate my eyes. The water formula makes your skin feel really fresh and like it really has been cleaned as opposed to using a make up wipe. I absolutely love this. I got mine on offer for around £3.50 however even at full price around £5.00 I still think it's good value as it's a big bottle. I just wish I had been using it for years !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being sensitive to alcohol has made it hard for me to find cleansers in the past that can break down my makeup without causing severe irritation and/or breakouts. I've also suffered with broken capillaries because of the strength of some cleansers. I've been using this product since it was released and my skin has never been better. Not much product is needed to remove all makeup, I use two cotton pads at most. I sometimes follow this with a gentle scrub to help with dry skin problems. I don't have any problems with residue either. I personally don't believe that there is 200 applications worth in the bottle but I have had 3 months daily use out of one bottle. It is usually on offer in drugstores or supermarkets in the UK so I have been buying it for under £5. I can't compare it to other cleansing waters as they tend to be pricey and have less product in them. In the future I may try other Micellar cleansers but I am content with this product right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best product ever! Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. Unlike some makeup removing products this doesn't leave you feeling like you have makeup left on your skin! It's the perfect mascara remover! I swear by it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by annieh1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Impulse buy... Half price at local supermarket.

Apply with cotton pads, and gosh, were they wrong when they said you only need a few drops for successful application. I go through a few cotton pads to remove foundation and eyeliner.

It does do well in that I am satisfied with the makeup that transfers to the cotton pad. Seems to remove foundation/BB cream quite well.

However, it seems to be quite weak in the eye area. I go through quite a lot trying to remove my non-waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. (Great products undeniably but hey, supposedly great cleanser?)

My face doesn't completely feel clean after application. I feel as if there is still residual makeup stuck to my face. However, no breakouts so far (I'm happy) and I use a cleanser afterwards and follow a strict acne regime. So overall, it's pretty damn good for $6.00 AUD in super-expensive-land.

And ladies pls don't get it into your eyes. It burns.

Would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ossian1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This broke me out really badly. It also left a very slick residue on my skin after cleansing. I prefer cleansed skin that doesn't have anything sticky on it.