October 25, 2014 | 1729 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first cleansing water I tried was the Koh Gen Do brand which I bought from Sephora. I loved it, no scent, removed all my long wearing foundation/sunscreen without having to scrub with the cotton pad, and left no feeling of residue. I was looking for a cheaper alternative and my friend from London sent this one to me. Unfortunately except for the great size/price this wasnt worth it. It definitely does not remove makeup as easily or as well as the Koh Gen Do does. I had to really rub and go over the same sections of skin over and over to remove the makeup. It also has a scent and a residue that I am not thrilled with. I always use a separate eye makeup remover (I exclusively wear waterproof liner and mascara) but at the end I use the cleansing water to remove the residue of the eyemakeup remover. Since then I have finally gotten my hands on the Bioderma version which I think is as good as the Koh Gen Do at a better price. Highly advise skipping this one if you wear longwear makeup/sunscreen and go straight to the Bioderma...its worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by anjellaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Safe to say that this did not work for me at all despite all the raving reviews by beauty bloggers and MUA's. I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation, By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra powder, Guerlain Meteorites, Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush and Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes (Waterproof) with Napoleon Perdis Auto-Pilot Foundation primer as a base for everything.

On first swipe with a cotton pad, it did indeed remove some foundation and blush. However, when I attempted to remove my mascara, it didn't budge a single inch which immediately threw me off from wanting to continue using this product. I expected so much more than just flakes of mascara coming off - my mascara was completely intact (curl was still in place as well). Not to mention, it seemed to leave behind some sort of oily residue which I despise quite much.

Despite the "no rinse needed" claim, I rinsed my face regardless to get rid of the sickly sticky feeling it left behind and unsurprisingly enough, as soon as i began to rinse my face with water, a sticky white rubbery residue appeared. As if no rinse is needed.

This is my first micellar cleanser and I don't intend to search for another as this has proven to be a disappointment, would rate it a 0 but then I wouldn't be able to write a review.

Will be sticking to my oil based DHC cleanser from now on even though the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is about 1/3 of the price (AUD$11.99).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mumcanyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been intending to buy the Bioderma version of this but have been unable to find a sensibly priced source so when I saw the Garnier product (so similarly packaged and much less $$$) I decided to buy it. (Also because I had a Woolworths voucher that was due to expire - See my Rimmel Wonder'ful mascara review)

This water - and that is exactly what it is - is amazing. Don't be put off by the fact that it has no 'substance' and do be careful tipping it out!
It cleans every bit of eye and face and lip away!
I've been using it now for three weeks to take off my face before I begin my 'cleansing routine'. I hate the thought of wasting my rather more $$$ cleansers to remove make up... and I don't like my Clarisonic bristles getting all foundation encrusted.

It's fantastic - my skin hasn't become drier (as some reviewers have experienced and I am usully on the dry/ dehydrated end of the spectrum) and I've had no breakouts - just clean face.
I use it with the cut up squares of muslin fabric that I use (15cm x 15 cm squares - lots of face clothes from a meter of fabric and I can re-use them rather than throw them away) instead of cotton pads so get a mild exfoliation at the same time.
I use it in the morning when I'm in need of a quick face clean when I've slept in!

Just a note for the outdoors types -
I've used this water to make my own washable wipes for overnight hiking. I never feel water gets all the sunscreen off and this gives me that clean face feeling however sweaty the rest of me is! I just put some of my pre-soaked muslin clothes in a small ziplock bag. Much better that throw away wipes.

I will definitely re-buy and have encouraged my daughter and daughter in law to use it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by snoepje

This has become my holy grail of make-up removers. I haven't tried its Bioderma counterpart, so I'm not quite sure how it measures up, but of all the make-up removers and cleansers that I've bought, I keep going back to this one. It is definitely one of the cheaper ones you will find out there; you get LOTS of product for less $$$ than other (smaller) bottles. So you don't have to feel guity about really soaking your cotton pads in the stuff. Packaging isn't really all that important to me (I'm more concerned with how the product works), but I do think this bottle is cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sezling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While it cleanses well and is really value for money.. I'm not quite sold on this. My skin has been really sensitive lately and this causes slight irritation to my cheeks (itchiness) and eyes (redness) after I've used it so I try to minimise usage. I used Bioderma (Sensibio and Sebium) in the past and remember during the time I used Sebium I was experiencing the best skin ever! So probably won't repurchase. This also leaves bubbles on the face, similar to soap suds that I never saw with Bioderma.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by viktoriawing

I had been wanting to try out the Bioderma cleansing water for a while but then saw Lauren Curtis rave about this in a get un-ready with me video, and considering it retails for just over $10 for 400ml in Australia how could I say no. I am so happy I tried this product - I originally only used makeup wipes to remove my makeup, thinking it removed everything. However, when I followed it up with some of this, I saw how much makeup the wipes had NOT been removing! This leaves my skin feeling calm, matte and clean, and removes eye makeup like a dream. It has a slight scent which it is quite unpleasant, and can also be a bit drying even for my oily skin - however this can be fixed by moisturising which I do anyway, which is why I only detracted one lippy. Other than that, absolutely love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mikaylatabone

In comparison to the holy grail product that is bioderma, this is similar but I wouldn't recommend it. When I use it, I feel like it stings and burns my skin, despite not excessively rubbing. It appears to be suitable for all skin types but I feel like it dries out my already dry skin. It also leaves a funky smell lingering on my face after use. I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I really liked this stuff. It removes my face and eye make up very well. But after a week of using this, I got a very bad break out! I am pretty sure this product caused this break out. I found very positive reviews about this product so I am dissapointed that it doesn't works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I danced around buying this product for so long after I saw it released in Priceline. I just thought that since I remove my makeup by double cleansing in the shower that this would be a pointless product for me to own. But my incessant need to try every new product got the better of me and I picked it up on sale during my grocery shop about seven months ago.

The packaging is great and the price is so cheap for how much product you get (400mLs). To use this I pour a little onto a cotton pad and gently rub over my face to remove makeup. It does take a few cotton pads to completely remove all my makeup, but that being said I wear a very large amount of it. I haven't had any trouble with it removing stubborn eye makeup ( which I also wear a very large amount of) and it also removed the majority of my Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner.

I don't use this every day, which is probably why my bottle has lasted me seven months. I mostly use this to remove my smeared eye makeup after double cleansing in the shower and when I come home to from a night out and am too tired to do a proper cleanse. It doesn't irritate my incredibly sensitive skin, which is rare, and doesn't burn my eyes. Definitely a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this cleanser, I use it to remove the foundation/bb cream/tm & blush before using my facial brush. And also afterwards to get rid of the last bit of facial cleanser. I doesn't ever sting or make my skin itchy. For eye make-up I use a separate cleanser (specifically for waterproof make-up) but more out of habit than anything else. I don't like it when I have to rub to remove mascara etc. so I will keep on using that. Other than that this is just a perfect cleanser!