December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried lots of micellaire products, the Garnier isnt the best but it does a good job of leaving my face feeling clean, and soft...it also does a good job with eye makeup, mind you I dont use waterproof makeup..all in all,a nice product, especially for the price..Avene isnt any better, and Bioderma very overated in my views, I found it left my face a bit sticky..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is just OK. I have tried over 30 micellar waters and the best is Loreal and Bioderma (pink bottle). I recommend you buy the Loreal over this, its in an entire different league and is a lot more affordable and accessible than Bioderma. I would say this is on par with Nuxe and Caudalie but not as good as Vichy or Avene. There is a bit of rubbing but the price is great and its a huge bottle, so you can't go wrong. I don't like using this to remove eye make up since rubbing just causes premature ageing of thin skin around the eye area. Many people don't like to spend on removers but its really important to pick one that doesn't expedite ageing. There is no scent which is a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Halyal

I bought this product based on a review from a magazine. I know my beauty regime is not what it should be, in fact since I've bought this product I use it as both a cleanser and a toner, followed by a moisturiser. Lazy, I know, but works perfectly well for me. I have replaced 3 products (make-up remover, eye make-up remover and toner) with just one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this as an impulse buy as I'd looked at it a few times and thought this would be a better alternative to my makeup remover wipes and I do not regret that decision! It removed my makeup gently and cleansed it very thoroughly and having sensitive skin it hasn't affected me. I've been using it for 2 weeks and i have noticed my skin is so much more clear. Of COURSE this product will NOT remove waterproof makeup products as it is WATER based (cleansing water lol), so for waterproof makeup you will need an oil based remover, so don't give this product a bad review because of that factor because it does exactly what it says it will do. Great amount of product for the price you pay. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has replaced my Bioderma sensibio; it is kinder and more effective at removing eye makeup and lip color, which is pretty much the only makeup I use. Excellent availability and cost per ml. A real golden buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Definite re-purchase, this was a great find. Great for makeup removal and pre cleansing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a Bioderma dupe but cheaper and more available, comes in a big 400ml bottle and is often on sale. My skin is dry and eczema sensitive and this did not irritate my skin, but it does leave it a little dry afterwards. This also does not take everything off at once, I need at least 3 cotton pads to clean my face and I would also not recommend it for waterproof or heavy eye make-up because I don't think this would get it off completely. But for light make-up this is good as an everyday cleanser and I did repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by YourGurlfriday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product removes makeup as well as any makeup remover, and you get more product for less money. I like this because it allows me to really drench the cotton pad. The liquid leaves the skin feeling refreshed but not dry. Cheap & effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by michele1145

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I almost never make a smart purchase without consulting MUA but this time I did!

I just moved to London and the hard water is screwing up my usually clear, but dry, skin. I was searching Boots for possible new skin care that I hadn't found in the US. I don't normally look through the Garnier products because I generally consider them cheap and targeted to a much younger customer. However I saw the Micellar water and having previously read on MUA and other places about Micellar I decided it was worth a try for 2 reasons. 1) I got really lazy when I moved here. As in, it's 3 PM and I haven't showered yet. So a way to quickly take off my makeup was intriguing. And 2) when I do put on makeup I have been having lots of fun layering all sorts of products I didn't wear when I was working back in the states. I'm talking primer, highlighting cream, concealer for under eye circles, lots of e/s and eyeliner.... you get the picture; a lot of makeup that being lazy and not wanting to waste time getting it off at night was important.

This product takes off all my makeup without any issues and without tugging at my eyes or face. Yes, sometimes I may need a second cotton pad, but so what? I can quickly swipe my face clean. I always follow up with wash with Cerave and a wipe with a washcloth. I don't like the feeling of any skin care product on my face except for moisturizer. For whatever reason I haven't had any issues with this contributing to drying out my skin or flaring my excema. Bonus and bonus!

I would never pay $$$ for a high end product that does what this does. I'm into good but less expensive (ok, cheap) skin care which not only works on my wallet but seems to be better for my skin when I stick with basics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best dupe for Bioderma I have tried so far. Have been using it for a few months now and I cannot tell a difference between the two in terms of product quality.

The pluses for Garnier: much cheaper and easier to find (including feelunique.com).