April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - 123 Perfect CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely summer base product! I suffer from redness in my nose and cheeks and purple tones under my eyes - this does an excellent job of neutralising discolouration for such a light, sheer product. I only need to apply a small amount to cover my whole face. It can be worn alone or over a primer/sunscreen.

However I do have a couple of issues! The colour range is quite dark and the shades tend to lean orange - I made the mistake of thinking this had the same shade range as Healthy Mix, and it doesn't. I'm an NW20 and the 2nd shade, Light Beige, is waaay too dark and orange for me. Luckily it's quite sheer so I can get away with blending well and applying a lighter coloured powder on top, but I feel that anyone paler than an N25 should go for the lightest shade.

It also doesn't do much for oil control - it does look dewy and natural on the skin, but as it does look shiny after a few hours on my t-zone, those with oilier skin like myself might prefer Benefit's Big Easy as a more matte alternative.

Overall a great CC product to help even discolouration and skin tone in the summer weather - I'll just remember to pick up the right shade next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw this wonderful product at Lisa's Eldrige blog,and it instantly caught my eye.I have tried many bb-cc creams,as i never wear heavy foundation.This one is by far the best.It is very lightweight and leaves an amazing luminous finish.I have large pores,and some reddish areas and it covers them perfectly!People always comment on my glowing skin!I love this little miracle from bourjois and I will constantly repurchase!

I apply this (most of the days without moisturizer before,as i heavily moisturize during the night)with sephora47 foundation brush.when i want fuller coverage i just pat on some tbs-all in one face bace pressed powder.It is definately my holy grail foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this everyday since I bought it in February, including on a holiday to florida. As others have said the texture is really really light and I find it easier to apply with a brush than my fingers. The coverage is good and buildable. It evens out my skin tone nicely and it doesn't break me out. It held up less well in heat/humidity than at home so I'll probably try something else next time for travel. I would prefer if it had a pump applicator but the packaging isn't bad overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great summer base. Decent amount of shine control. Higher end of light coverage. Light enough coverage that the colour is adaptable. I wear the lightest shade and it's fine (nw10/nc15 in MAC). When my skin is in a dryer phase I find this lovely with MAC strobe cream under it as it's not as glowy as most tinted moisturiser type products usually are (which I like about it).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Taipeibaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. Especially for people who lives in humid weather. It's so nice and light on skin. I am amazed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by JanM

This is pretty good for the price - currently 9.99 for 30mls - it is a very light liquid but is densely pigmented so that a little really does go a long way. It manages to blur but not completely cover all the concerns I have with my 47 year old face, open pores, redness, red spots which do not clear, blackheads, age spots and general bleurgness of my face. I can use it up and around my eyes with no reaction.

There is a bit a of feathering around the eyes a couple of hours in but there is no deterioration or breakup and the product is still there some 8+ hours later. I have the lightest shade and it does pull a bit yellow/peach for my liking and I do think that there is some oxidation, but I find that it is par for the course nowadays.

I would buy again but it needs a decent spf underneath and some powder to eliminate shine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has grown on me. I bought it because of all the hype on here but was a bit hesitant as shade 51 was a bit too light and pink and 52 a touch too dark and yellow, but I went for the 52 as summer is coming and with spf it will be more of an outdoors summer product for me.
At first I thought I'd probably made a mistake, but if I wear it on a reasonably good skin day it definately brightens my appearance. I do find it clings if I have a few dry patches on my nose (I rarely moisturise as I have mostly oily skin) and does not cover zits (but then it doesn't claim to) but I do find myself reaching for it more than my other foundaions and BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic CC Cream. I never bought into the CC hype, but once I saw Lisa Eldridge use it I had to go for it. Generally if she likes something, I do too. This is fantastic. It has light coverage but I think you can build it up to a medium coverage if you apply a second layer, and it doesn't look any different or worse, my skin doesn't feel dry at all even after hours of use and it covers my redness perfectly, doesn't cling to dry patches, and takes powder in my oilier areas really well (meaning it doesn't get cakey if you apply powder over it)

The first thing that impressed me is how light this is in texture, I put it in the back of my hand before applying it and if I move my hand it immediately moves. This makes it super easy to apply with your fingers if you're on a rush, though I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to pat and blend where I need a bit more coverage. It doesn't have a particularly strong scent, and my very sensitive skin doesn't react to it.

My shade is 31, Ivory, and it's a perfect match, moreso than my Healthy Mix Serum, so I'm really happy about it. It definitely makes it feel like a "second skin" and I will for sure repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Graviton888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. I don't know how Bourgois managed to get the texture to be this way. My skin is on the dry side so the whole concept of a cream and coverage was quite appealing to me. Usually foundations and powders tend to dry my skin so much it looks flaky.
What I love about this: the texture (it feels very soft and velvety on the skin), the smell, the color (Ivory happens to be a really good match for me), and I love that you can get it at drug stores for a such a good price! The last product I tried was actually very expensive- Shiseido's BB cream. I can honestly say this is MUCH better, and much cheaper. Shiseido made my skin feel kind of sticky and it looked muddy.
What I don't like: I wish this had more skincare properties. Shouldn't CC creams also have beneficial skincare ingredients in them? This one says it moisturizers, has SPF 15, and "corrects" color with pigments, but nothing about actual skincare.
But overall, I love it even as just a light foundation, so I can't complain :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

I've tried a fair few products in this nutso BB/CC cream phase that's going on right now - but I'm not complaining I think tinted moisturisers and sunscreen are wonderful things!
I saw Lisa Eldrige using this too, and that's what really swung me to buying it, although before I had seen her I'd been interested when I saw this product on the stands in Boots. What's good enough for her and all that....

Well, what can I say about this product, it's just lovely. I toyed with the idea of putting it down a notch because this is not what I wear when my skin is bad, it's no good for that really when I'm breaking out in hormonal acne and my skin actually hurts, I'm not going to knock a lippie off for that though because give me one tinted moisturiser that *is* good for that kind of skin? The fact is regardless of what I wear on my skin while that kind of thing is going on, I don't feel pretty.

This CC cream has SPF15, I'd prefer higher really but not at the cost of the formula so i'll stop whinging about that. With regards to the formula, it's very runny and very pigmented. It covers extremely well and the colour match on me (light) is very good indeed. I'm wearing it right now actually in a "no makeup makeup" look. The product goes on to leave a dewy and at the same time what I'd call velvety finish, it doesn't make me shine like a beacon of the North like some of these products have. It is incredibly natural and if your skin is in decent shape it's undetectable on the skin, when my skin sucks nothing is undetectable unfortunately so i'm just going on my experience.

The bottom line is I *really* like this product, it is beautiful and I can't see any reason to go high end in this case with such a beautiful and cheap drugstore edition that is so accessible. If anyone said "what tinted moisturiser should I buy" then I'd be very tempted to tell them this one. I think I might like it more than NARS!!