Clairol Color Me Happy Dry Shampoo Herbal Essences

2.3

on 1/19/2015 5:52:00 PM

I'm so surprised by the bad reviews prefer this a whole more than batiste as doesn't leave that powdery residue on your hair. This made my colour more vibrant like I just hot it done and the slightly tacky texture really volumised my hair. will defo repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this. I am a pretty loyal Herbal Essences user and I was so excited when they FINALLY released a dry shampoo. Most dry shampoos I've tried smell so awful they give me a headache.

This one smells divine, so fresh and light. And its effectiveness was acceptable as well, on par with other dry shampoos I've tried which pretty much just matte-ify your hair to get rid of the oils (this doesn't bother me much because I've not experienced an alternative result, I figure all dry shampoos do this).

But my big huge gripe about this is the darn packaging!!!! After a few times using this, the nozzle started spitting out the liquid all over the place! One day I noticed a few white spots on my face and realized it was the dry shampoo from the unruly spray. Since that day I notice that it almost always sprays on my face.

Also, I have about a half a bottle left right now and the spray nozzle broke. I've had this happen to other brands with the same type of spray nozzle. Looked like buildup of product was causing this so I tried to gently clean it out but to no avail. SO ANNOYING.

I would love this product if it weren't for the faulty spray not only dying halfway through but spraying all over the place.

on 8/29/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love the scent, the results... not so much.
My hair felt dirty when using this and the bottle goes very quickly.
I have dark hair and this was not that bad to get to blend in but it looked dull and not clean.
Better than looking like a grease ball but still looked dirty. My hair become very tangled when I use this and does not look good during the day.
I wish they made better products but I feel they are more concerned with coming up with new scents than actually formulating a good product. I despise all the new scents and formulas.

on 8/23/2014 2:02:00 AM

Terrible packaging. The nozzle "spits" the product all over you, and it smells very strongly of alcohol. There are much better options at around the same price point, i.e. Treseme.

on 7/15/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

it smells great but that's it it doesn't do much to my hair I don't see it soaking up oils in my hair or giving me volume like a normal dry shampoo I just use it before I walk out the door make my hair smell all sexual haha YOU KNOW

on 7/6/2014 12:37:00 AM

This dry shampoo smells wonderful in my opinion. The reason why i dont like it though, is because it leaves my hair feeling sooooo greasy/ oily!!!! I said i would buy it again though because the smell is just that great lol. I just haaaate the way it makes my hair feel. I know dry shampoos often leave noticeable residue, but this is just too much! It makes my hair feel gross. But yea, my bottle worked fine and never clogged up. Maybe i just got lucky

DO NOT PURCHASE this. I repeat, DO NOT PURCHASE this. reviews here about it not working the second time around is true. you can shake and press the nozzle all you want but nothing will come out. stupid thing broke after using it just once. such a waste of money

Oh my God! GAGAGA the packaging is awful! The nozzle broke halfway through the bottle and the product squirted out as liquid, my hair was so stiff from using 5x more powder than needed! I was so sad because I was actually liked this one more than the Pantene but I guess the packaging is too faulty to work with. Won't repurchase, Clairol please check your dry shampoos and re release in new containers

on 4/5/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So pleased that HE has finally jumped on the dry shampoo bandwagon. This is by far the best mainstream dry shampoo out there, and at $4 at Target you can't beat the price. Unlike other brands, namely TRESemme, Marc Anthony, and Dove, which leave an oily or white chalky residue, this product does exactly what it claims to: it eliminates excess oil and adds subtle volume. The rose scent is surprisingly gentle and smells just like the HE Colour Me Happy shampoo and conditioner line. All in all I'm quite happy and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/25/2014 7:24:00 PM

Smellls sooooooooo good! Nice and rosy fresh : D I really like this. Just a typical drugstore dry shampoo though nothing super special but still does what its supposed to!

UPDATE:
Ok I changed this to a 1/5 because this was a great dry shampoo but I tried to use it today (so its been about 1 and a half weeks since I bought it) and it wouldnt work. It wouldnt spray at all and what little that did come out, it was like a stream... even though there was DEFINITELY OVER half of the bottle left because I still hadnt barely used it! Im so disappointed!!! Im NOT buying another just because it desides to stop working right. Grrr.

DO.NOT.BUY.