December 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyproductjunkie11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of high and low end waterproof eye makeup removers. I wear waterproof mascara so need an effective remover. For the past year or so I've been using Lancome Bi-Facil (supposedly one of the best) to remove my YSL waterproof mascara at the end of the day. I would have to soak my lashes for several minutes and soak individual lashes with the lancome remover on a q-tip to try and get all my mascara off....so difficult I told all my friends to avoid YSL waterproof mascara because, although it makes your lashes stunning, its not worth the effort to try and remove.

However, my friend recommended the Body Shop Chamomile Waterproof eye makeup remover so I thought I'd give it a try. LIFE-CHANGING.....I soak my lashes with the remover on a piece of shiseido cotton for a few seconds and my mascara comes right off.....every trace removed. Hands down best I've ever tried and my search for an effective remover is over. I take back everything I said about YSL waterproof mascara being difficult to remove :).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes I would buy this product again. it does not sting my eyes. I finished one bottle and will recommend for waterproof eye make up as well. Very gentle! It has no scent. Make sure you shake the bottle before using since there is oil and water in the bottle. No regrets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love love love love love! In my attempts to go cruelty free, I switched from Target's Up&Up brand version of Neutrogena's Oil Free waterproof makeup remover to this Body Shop makeup remover. It works fantastically! It's a dual-phase remover so you have to shake it up before you apply to your cotton pad. My waterproof mascara, eyeliner, longlasting lipsticks all dissolve like butter with this remover without leaving any kind of residue. It feels pretty much like Bioderma Crealine but with a little more of a cushiony/slippery feel. It's fragrance free and comes in a clear bottle with a flip top cap which makes applying the product THAT much easier vs. dealing with a screw top (I'm looking at you Lancome BiFacil! and basically all other eye makeup removers). Is it worth $15? Debatable, but The Body Shop has sales all the time where you can get this for $9/bottle (5 oz) so you can always wait for the sales to stock up (which is what I do). Totally buying this for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is a really nice eye makeup remover. It cleanses well, not much oily residue, and most importantly it doesn't sting my very sensitive eyes.

I wear waterproof mascara and long wearing eyeliner, and this product removes them both very easily with no need to rub at my skin to remove stubborn traces of makeup.

It's one of the best that I have tried (and I have tried a lot). You can get some really good deals on the Body Shop website so I normally just wait for a sale then stock up. I would definitely buy this again, and I also highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of the Estée Lauder Gentle Eye Make Up Remover and could not get a replacement. I personally don't want to pay much on cleansers (I know a good skin care routine starts from a good clenser!!). So, I took off to find one which is in a mid-range sort of make up eye remover. I checked out this bottle while hesitating if I should opt for the other one sitting beside this waterproof eye remover (the other one is the Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover). After a few sniffs I thought I would go for this waterproof version because the one that is supposed to be gentle smelt of very strong alcohol. The BA also told me that this waterproof version is better for everyday use (meaning less irritating??)

This waterproof eye make up remover is in the same formula as the Estée Lauder's Gentle Eye Make Up Remover, with half oil half water (maybe with alcohol) consistency. Mind you, this is not a cleanser for the whole face. It doesn't lather. it is greasy a bit but it is made for the purpose of removing waterproof mascara (I guess). It is not as greasy or stingy as the Estée Lauder's remover so it really fit my criteria of an eye make up remover: that it must not be too greasy, stingy and most important of all it must do what it says it will (i.e. removing the eye make up).

I use this kind of half oil half water consistency by shaking it well before use. To remove the mascara, I put a cotton pad under my lash, use a q-tip and soak an end with the remover. Then, gently use the q-tip to remove the mascara. This way, you do not have to tug your eye lids at all ( the tugging causes wrinkles as we are well aware). Next, after finishing with both eyes and all mascaras are gone, I use a cotton ball to wipe off the rest of the eye shadows. Just a few gentle swipes are enough. It takes me less than 5 minutes to have clean eye lids after a long day.

Price-wise, I think it is cheaper than high end brands about half or probably more than that. The price tag is 15.5 USD but it is on sale for 9 USD. Besides, the body shop always has a lot of marketing incentives, like buy 1 get 1 free or some products are on sale for a certain period of time (depending on where you are though). I really think it s a good bargain and I will continue to buy it till it is discontinued (hopefully not so soon).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Ralen

This stuff dissolves my stubborn waterproof mascara very quickly with minimal tugging. I apply it with a cotton pad, hold it to my eyelashes for a minute, then wipe it away. No leftover black smears or overly oily residue. Fantastic!