Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

on 9/22/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in whimsical, which is a dark berry pink that goes on sheer and has glitter in it.

- brightens up a whole look
- colour is lovely
- i like the twist up pencil packaging
- feels moisturising

- unless you get this on sale, it's kind of expensive for what it is: basically a tinted balm with sparkle
- doesn't last long on the lips
- obviously glittery

i wouldn't repurchase, but i don't mind this product and i'll continue to use it while i have it.

on 9/8/2015 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love these! I bought two pink shades - Lovesick and Sweetheart.

- Long-lasting. It will fade a little bit after eating but otherwise it stays all day
- Hydrating. I tend to have drier lips and some lipsticks/lip products tend to look weird in the chapped areas. This does not.
- Great colour payoff. The two colours I got were super pigmented. Hard to tell if it's the same with the lighter shades like the ones closer to nude because I haven't used them.
- Cheap! I love these more and use them more often than my higher-end lipsticks

- A little bit hard to remove because it stays on so well, but it does come off with the Bioderma micellar water

on 7/5/2015 11:12:00 PM

I really like this Colorburst Lacquer Balm! Bought mine in color Coguette. I'd compare it with the Laura Geller lip balm. This Revlon product seems just as good.... Actually, I prefer it because I reach for this Revlon balm more often that I do the Laura Geller.

There is, of course, a significant price difference between the 2 brands and I really am happy with this Revlon product! It's a nice, smooth, pinkish color that provides a fairly long-lasting color and a nice gloss touch. Is moisturizing as well. Highly recommend!

on 5/21/2015 4:41:00 PM

Nice product, but I think the term "balm" is misleading. This isn't a substitute for a regular Burt's Bees or Carmex, but would be awesome over one, to add some color and shine. It's similar to MAC's Innocent Patentpolish gloss pen.. I got "Demure", which is a translucent natural pink with very slight shimmer. It goes on smoothy and lasts a couple hours...about average for a drugstore item in this class. It definitely has it's uses. I line and fill in my lips with a natural pinkish pencil, then use this to highlight the middle of my lips, which makes them look very full, and it's great for a more natural, casual look.. I will reach for this over a gloppy sticky gloss...It's more comfortable and IMO, lasts longer. It has a very slight "tacky" feel, but I prefer that over a greasy feelng gloss. I'll be adding more colors soon.

on 3/15/2015 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually like this lacquer balm, but that may be because I use it as a coloured lip gloss rather than a balm. I have it in the colour 115 whimsical, which is a gorgeous shiny (with tiny, tiny glitter) purple-pink colour. I put a small amount on my lips (if I add too much the colour looks weird on me) and then add a lip balm to even out the colour and it looks perfect. It feels moisturising when I put it on and it doesn't dry out my lips (but that of course may be due to the lip balm). I also find that the colour stays put for quite some time. I would recommend it to anyone that want a non-sticky gorgeous coloured lip gloss, but without the glossy aspects of a lip gloss.

on 2/3/2015 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For me a lip balm's quality depends on level of moisturizing during winter, and "Demure" colorburst lacquer doesn't keep me well moisturized in winter.
I like its light minty smell. I also like the shiney look it gives me but it sadly it doesn't last long.
It's soooo expensive for a light colored not so much moisturizing colored lip balm. I guess i won't buy it again!

on 12/30/2014 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have one of these in 'Vivacious' and I wasn't that keen on it for the one reason that I dislike most lip products - it seemed to dry my lips. Not once have I worn this lacquer and not found my lips shrivel a tiny bit; they're just a bit parching for me.
It hasn't completely put me off using it - I try to make it work, but ultimately, I usually end up scrubbing it off with a tissue and rescuing my pout with real balm.
I didn't find the same problem with the other balm stains; it must be something to do with the vinyl finish.

on 11/25/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

After reading rave reviews, I went out and bought this in the shade Ingenue. I must say, I love it! Although the color looks darker, it is a nude with a slight brown pigment. The texture is great, creamy in the tube and glossy on the lips. The perfect gloss without that sticky, wet look that some leave. I plan to buy more, as well as Revlon's other balm colors.

on 11/18/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually prefer the balm stain because they are more pigmented and last longer, but I was looking for a nice nude shade to wear every day. I picked up the Lacquer Balm shade "Demure" because it looked the most natural of all the Colorburst products. It had a very slight shimmer in the package, but as soon as I put it on my lips, all I could see was sparkly glitter on my lips. GLITTER! I refuse to wear glitter lipstick. Will not repurchase this shade, but I might consider purchasing a different shade.

on 11/16/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great tinted balm. It tingles a bit and is very nourishing and makes my lips soft. My only complaint is that it just doesn't have very good staying power. A good alternative is Just Bitten balm stain, which gives you great color AND lasts all day. This is a good balm for the price but I don't think I will repurchase. I hate having to reapply lip products constantly.