December 21, 2014 | 1216 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kme949

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading rave reviews, I went out and bought this in the shade Ingenue. I must say, I love it! Although the color looks darker, it is a nude with a slight brown pigment. The texture is great, creamy in the tube and glossy on the lips. The perfect gloss without that sticky, wet look that some leave. I plan to buy more, as well as Revlon's other balm colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually prefer the balm stain because they are more pigmented and last longer, but I was looking for a nice nude shade to wear every day. I picked up the Lacquer Balm shade "Demure" because it looked the most natural of all the Colorburst products. It had a very slight shimmer in the package, but as soon as I put it on my lips, all I could see was sparkly glitter on my lips. GLITTER! I refuse to wear glitter lipstick. Will not repurchase this shade, but I might consider purchasing a different shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is a really great tinted balm. It tingles a bit and is very nourishing and makes my lips soft. My only complaint is that it just doesn't have very good staying power. A good alternative is Just Bitten balm stain, which gives you great color AND lasts all day. This is a good balm for the price but I don't think I will repurchase. I hate having to reapply lip products constantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

I bought this in the shade "Flirtatious", which is a bright fuchsia pink (think Barbie!). It actually came in a gift set from Walgreens that had a Lip Butter, a Lacquer Balm, a Matte Balm, a Super Lustrous lipstick, and a Super Lustrous lip gloss for only $15, which is a steal for full-sized products ($3 per product!). I test-drove this today during a regular day at the office, and I have to say, I really like it! It held up well through coffee and numerous presentations, and I only had to reapply twice. The color mostly fades in the middle of my lips, so it only took a quick swipe to make the color look fresh again. The color has a nice satiny finish and can be built up from sheer to full coverage. The mint scent is apparent but not overwhelming. The happy surprise for me is that this stuff didn't bleed around my lip line, even though I didn't pair this with a liner.

This is a keeper. It's not anything absolutely mind-blowing, but it's a good, serviceable product. Not sure I would pay full retail to replace it if I ran out or lost it, but I'm glad I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the crayon lip products but tend to prefer matte formulas, but between these lacquer balms and the matte ones Revlon rolled out at the same time, I might actually prefer these, though I do like the matte formulas a lot, too. (Those definitely have more staying power, as mattes tend to do.) I have four of these and am inclined to pick up one or two other colors. Provocative is a bright cherry red; Coy leans deep nude brown; Enticing is more a deep, vampier red; and Tease is mainly orange. I like all of them, though a couple have a bit more shimmer-glitter than I'd likek but it's really only a bother to me when some f the fomula fades and some shimmer is left behind -- easily fixed by reapplying. But they feel good, give a nice wash of color, some pretty shine, and the crayon packaging just adds to the fun (for me). My favorite of the bunch is Tease. A quick swipe and it's almost a peachy-coral wash of color, but build it up a bit and it's a bright orange-red, with no shimmer. Color seems to stay on pretty well, too. A few sips of morning coffee at work and when I reapply I still find I have a decent amount of pigment that remains on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gigicardonita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!! These are AMAZING!! I have coquette which is like a pink coral color with sparkles. Now, i will just let you know: people who don't like mint might have a little problem because it is minty, but isn't that bad. Very long-wearing, pigmented... I can't rave about it enough!! I would totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by KimMoodyMUA

I got the colour Ingenue and it's amazing! I love it. Looks great day or night and for a lacquer it has relatively good staying power. It's not sticky and it feels really good on. I'll definitely be buying this colour again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by colettemeek

I like the matte version so I expected a similar experience. Unfortunately these seem to be much less pigmented and less long-lasting. Otherwise the scent is lovely and they're fine if you're looking for something less intense but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three of these and I love them! I own Provocateur (cherry red), Tease (tangerine) and Vivacious (magenta). None of the shades I have are glittery. I avoided purchasing a couple in shades I otherwise liked (Demure, Coquette) because of the glitter aspect, especially because it seemed fairly coarse.

These go on very easily and last pretty well. The color is bright, intense and opaque. I usually have to reapply if I eat or anything, but otherwise they stay on well and don't feel heavy at all - I can barely even tell that I have them on. They have a nice minty scent, which smells and feels nice (in addition to probably helping plump the lips a bit).

I really like the packaging, it's easy to use with a twist-up base instead of needing sharpening. Unfortunately, unlike the Balm Stains (which are in a tube exactly the same size and shape), these only have a small piece of tape closing them, and it can sometimes be hard to find one that hasn't been opened.

The price on these is a bit high ($9-10 at the stores I've been to) but they sometimes are on sale for buy one get one half off, which helps.

I'm not sure that any of the other shades would look good on me, but I'd be willing to try them (minus the ones with glitter). And I will probably repurchase these once they run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Juliette119

Shimmer are left on ur lips and horrid shade selection. Too expensive should have saved for a mac;(