Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Seductress which is a red-orange shade. I love it! I can't really wear lipstick because no matter what I do, my lips are always super peely, so most lipsticks get really clumpy on my lips. My lips aren't necessarily dry, but they do peel a lot. I exfoliate regularly, I've tried every balm under the sun and nothing helps. I'm eternally plagued with peely lips!

This balm was a godsend! The formula is super moist and shiny. I've tried the other colorburst formulas, and this one is the only one I can use (see above). The color payoff is buildable, one layer is a nice sheer wash of color and it becomes completely opaque at about 3 layers. It doesn't last super long, seeing as it's a glossy balm, but it fades into a beautiful stain, and never accentuates the patchy skin on my lips.

As for the color, Seductress is beautiful. It really brightens up my face and gives it life. I'm super pale (haven't gotten color matched yet, but I'm definitely on the light ivory spectrum) and this color just looks so nice on my skin. My friend with a medium/dark olive comlexion used this and it looked beautiful on her as well. It's really similar to Wet N Wild Purty Persimmon, which I actually layer over this (yes OVER not under) sometimes for an even more intense pop of color without the dreaded patchyness.

A little bit goes a really long way, I've had this since early August (It's January now) and wear it regularly and it's still over 3/4 full. Since it's so nice to layer, I'm definitely going to buy the whole range of shades so I can start wearing other lipsticks with it.

A+++!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only got this in Coquette because it was bundled with my ultimate favourite, the matte Sultry for $6. I never got the lacquer balms after using the testers on my hand and didn't think I'd like this much but I love it. It has a shiny retro look and the shade of pink is just beautiful and believable. I still love their matte balms because they are longer lasting but this is a very good product. Although shiny, it does not wear off instantly like a lip gloss.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in Vivacious and it's a gorgeous pinky red vibrant colour! Really suits my NC 15-20 Asian skintone. I also love the slight minty smell to it when applied. However, that's where the pros end for me. This 'balm' doesn't hydrate my lips at all! In fact it parches it out really badly and in an hour my lips are super dry and nasty looking. For this reason I don't think I would finish this up let alone repurchase this!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have the colour Coy and it's so great I'm forgiving Revlon for discontinuing Fig Jam from their Lip Butter line. Coy is a beautiful, plummy red brown with the slightest gold sparkle. It's a beautiful MLBB and looks so good with my colouring. I love this colour so much I have to stop myself for reaching from it because I know I would wear it every day and neglect all my other lippies.

The regular price is $8.99CDN which is steep for what it is; a sheer, glossy balm so I usually wait for it to go on sale and then I might be able to snag it for $3.99CDN. It's lightly hydrating and has a minty feel when it goes on. It glides onto my lips smoothly and coats them in a translucent colour that can be built up evenly.

I'm just glad Revlon made Coy because after I lost Fig Jam I was afraid I'd never find another MLBB again. Coy is like Fig Jam but it's slightly lighter, has shimmer, and has a thinner texture on the lips and a stiffer texture in the tube.

Overall, I really like these and I am looking forward to trying Whimsical and maybe even Enticing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in whimsical, which is a dark berry pink that goes on sheer and has glitter in it.

pros:
- brightens up a whole look
- colour is lovely
- i like the twist up pencil packaging
- feels moisturising

cons:
- unless you get this on sale, it's kind of expensive for what it is: basically a tinted balm with sparkle
- doesn't last long on the lips
- obviously glittery

i wouldn't repurchase, but i don't mind this product and i'll continue to use it while i have it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love these! I bought two pink shades - Lovesick and Sweetheart.

Pros:
- Long-lasting. It will fade a little bit after eating but otherwise it stays all day
- Hydrating. I tend to have drier lips and some lipsticks/lip products tend to look weird in the chapped areas. This does not.
- Great colour payoff. The two colours I got were super pigmented. Hard to tell if it's the same with the lighter shades like the ones closer to nude because I haven't used them.
- Cheap! I love these more and use them more often than my higher-end lipsticks

Cons:
- A little bit hard to remove because it stays on so well, but it does come off with the Bioderma micellar water

I really like this Colorburst Lacquer Balm! Bought mine in color Coguette. I'd compare it with the Laura Geller lip balm. This Revlon product seems just as good.... Actually, I prefer it because I reach for this Revlon balm more often that I do the Laura Geller.

There is, of course, a significant price difference between the 2 brands and I really am happy with this Revlon product! It's a nice, smooth, pinkish color that provides a fairly long-lasting color and a nice gloss touch. Is moisturizing as well. Highly recommend!

Nice product, but I think the term "balm" is misleading. This isn't a substitute for a regular balm...like Burt's Bees or Carmex, but would be awesome over one, to add some color and shine. It's similar to MAC's Innocent Patentpolish gloss pen.. I got "Demure", which is a translucent natural pink with very slight shimmer. It goes on smoothy and lasts a couple hours...about average for a drugstore item in this class. It definitely has it's uses. I line and fill in my lips with a natural pinkish pencil, then use this to highlight the middle of my lips, which makes them look very full, and it's great for a more natural, casual look.. I will reach for this over a gloppy sticky gloss...It's more comfortable and IMO, lasts longer. It has a very slight "tacky" feel, but I prefer that over a greasy feelng gloss. I'll be adding more colors soon.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually like this lacquer balm, but that may be because I use it as a coloured lip gloss rather than a balm. I have it in the colour 115 whimsical, which is a gorgeous shiny (with tiny, tiny glitter) purple-pink colour. I put a small amount on my lips (if I add too much the colour looks weird on me) and then add a lip balm to even out the colour and it looks perfect. It feels moisturising when I put it on and it doesn't dry out my lips (but that of course may be due to the lip balm). I also find that the colour stays put for quite some time. I would recommend it to anyone that want a non-sticky gorgeous coloured lip gloss, but without the glossy aspects of a lip gloss.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For me a lip balm's quality depends on level of moisturizing during winter, and "Demure" colorburst lacquer doesn't keep me well moisturized in winter.
I like its light minty smell. I also like the shiney look it gives me but it sadly it doesn't last long.
It's soooo expensive for a light colored not so much moisturizing colored lip balm. I guess i won't buy it again!