Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

3.8

on 3/15/2015 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually like this lacquer balm, but that may be because I use it as a coloured lip gloss rather than a balm. I have it in the colour 115 whimsical, which is a gorgeous shiny (with tiny, tiny glitter) purple-pink colour. I put a small amount on my lips (if I add too much the colour looks weird on me) and then add a lip balm to even out the colour and it looks perfect. It feels moisturising when I put it on and it doesn't dry out my lips (but that of course may be due to the lip balm). I also find that the colour stays put for quite some time. I would recommend it to anyone that want a non-sticky gorgeous coloured lip gloss, but without the glossy aspects of a lip gloss.

on 2/3/2015 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For me a lip balm's quality depends on level of moisturizing during winter, and "Demure" colorburst lacquer doesn't keep me well moisturized in winter.
I like its light minty smell. I also like the shiney look it gives me but it sadly it doesn't last long.
It's soooo expensive for a light colored not so much moisturizing colored lip balm. I guess i won't buy it again!

on 12/30/2014 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have one of these in 'Vivacious' and I wasn't that keen on it for the one reason that I dislike most lip products - it seemed to dry my lips. Not once have I worn this lacquer and not found my lips shrivel a tiny bit; they're just a bit parching for me.
It hasn't completely put me off using it - I try to make it work, but ultimately, I usually end up scrubbing it off with a tissue and rescuing my pout with real balm.
I didn't find the same problem with the other balm stains; it must be something to do with the vinyl finish.

on 11/25/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

After reading rave reviews, I went out and bought this in the shade Ingenue. I must say, I love it! Although the color looks darker, it is a nude with a slight brown pigment. The texture is great, creamy in the tube and glossy on the lips. The perfect gloss without that sticky, wet look that some leave. I plan to buy more, as well as Revlon's other balm colors.

on 11/18/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually prefer the balm stain because they are more pigmented and last longer, but I was looking for a nice nude shade to wear every day. I picked up the Lacquer Balm shade "Demure" because it looked the most natural of all the Colorburst products. It had a very slight shimmer in the package, but as soon as I put it on my lips, all I could see was sparkly glitter on my lips. GLITTER! I refuse to wear glitter lipstick. Will not repurchase this shade, but I might consider purchasing a different shade.

on 11/16/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great tinted balm. It tingles a bit and is very nourishing and makes my lips soft. My only complaint is that it just doesn't have very good staying power. A good alternative is Just Bitten balm stain, which gives you great color AND lasts all day. This is a good balm for the price but I don't think I will repurchase. I hate having to reapply lip products constantly.

on 11/10/2014 7:48:00 PM

I bought this in the shade "Flirtatious", which is a bright fuchsia pink (think Barbie!). It actually came in a gift set from Walgreens that had a Lip Butter, a Lacquer Balm, a Matte Balm, a Super Lustrous lipstick, and a Super Lustrous lip gloss for only $15, which is a steal for full-sized products ($3 per product!). I test-drove this today during a regular day at the office, and I have to say, I really like it! It held up well through coffee and numerous presentations, and I only had to reapply twice. The color mostly fades in the middle of my lips, so it only took a quick swipe to make the color look fresh again. The color has a nice satiny finish and can be built up from sheer to full coverage. The mint scent is apparent but not overwhelming. The happy surprise for me is that this stuff didn't bleed around my lip line, even though I didn't pair this with a liner.

This is a keeper. It's not anything absolutely mind-blowing, but it's a good, serviceable product. Not sure I would pay full retail to replace it if I ran out or lost it, but I'm glad I tried it.

on 10/22/2014 10:51:00 AM

I love the crayon lip products but tend to prefer matte formulas, but between these lacquer balms and the matte ones Revlon rolled out at the same time, I might actually prefer these, though I do like the matte formulas a lot, too. (Those definitely have more staying power, as mattes tend to do.) I have four of these and am inclined to pick up one or two other colors. Provocative is a bright cherry red; Coy leans deep nude brown; Enticing is more a deep, vampier red; and Tease is mainly orange. I like all of them, though a couple have a bit more shimmer-glitter than I'd likek but it's really only a bother to me when some f the fomula fades and some shimmer is left behind -- easily fixed by reapplying. But they feel good, give a nice wash of color, some pretty shine, and the crayon packaging just adds to the fun (for me). My favorite of the bunch is Tease. A quick swipe and it's almost a peachy-coral wash of color, but build it up a bit and it's a bright orange-red, with no shimmer. Color seems to stay on pretty well, too. A few sips of morning coffee at work and when I reapply I still find I have a decent amount of pigment that remains on my lips.

on 10/19/2014 9:54:00 PM

OMG!! These are AMAZING!! I have coquette which is like a pink coral color with sparkles. Now, i will just let you know: people who don't like mint might have a little problem because it is minty, but isn't that bad. Very long-wearing, pigmented... I can't rave about it enough!! I would totally repurchase!

on 10/14/2014 6:08:00 PM

I got the colour Ingenue and it's amazing! I love it. Looks great day or night and for a lacquer it has relatively good staying power. It's not sticky and it feels really good on. I'll definitely be buying this colour again.