Quo Blending Sponge

4.6

on 5/16/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Makes my liquid foundation look natural! I love it, and it's very affordable at $5. I'm thinking about buying a backup, or maybe the set of 3 minis that are coming out. I'm also experimenting with applying cream blush with the sponge.

on 4/26/2015 11:31:00 PM

This sponge is PHENOMENAL. I am BEYOND in love with it. I have also just found that Quo release three mini blenders.. which I also LOVE. They're much smaller so are great for around your eyes and tighter areas. This is a much under-appreciated product that is the closest replica of the Beauty Blender.

on 4/23/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've gotten super curious about the beauty blender but I didn't want to blow $26 dollars on a sponge! I spotted this dupe at Shoppers Drug Mart and happily indulged for $5 dollars. What a steal!

I love how seamlessly it blends foundation and highlighters onto my skin. I was totally skeptical because I had tried and hated traditional makeup sponges but this thing is magical. It made my foundation looks so natural and effortless! And it applied my highlighter like a dream!

I love the fact that it's reusable like a brush and I can keep washing it and using it until the thing falls apart. And I can afford to replace it once it gets worn out when the price is so affordable!

One thing that bothers me is the packaging which doesn't offer an easy way of storing this cute little sponge. I've repurposed one of the caps of my Bath and Body Works fine fragrance mists and I use that as a holder for my sponge when it's not in use and for it to dry.

I'm really glad I took the plunge and decided to try this sponge! I adore it!

on 4/6/2015 12:57:00 AM

I know this is most comparable to the Beauty Blender, which I contemplated buying but decided to forego because of the hefty price. Instead, I saw this at Shopper's Drug Mart and for $5 CAD, it was basically 4 x cheaper than the Beauty Blender
Anyway, it performed exactly as I hoped! I love the shape because it really helps to get into the creases of my face; when damp, it gives a flawless finish. Also, it's so much more time-efficient than my stippling brush, which covers less surface area of my face as I am blending. With this, I cover a lot of my face in a short amount of time.
Overall, I can't compare this to the BB because I don't own one but I will say it did exactly what I was expecting, giving my makeup the finish I was hoping for and it is so worth it. Recommend!

on 2/14/2015 1:54:00 PM

Works better than the standard beauty blender shape. It softens up after a few uses so it blends makeup even better. Easy to wash. Makes my foundation look great!

on 2/12/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've owned the original beautyblender for years. I've loved the original beautyblender for years. But those little sponges, which do help achieve the look of perfect skin, are insanely priced and I can't see the justification for it when Avon has been making a mean imitation for years - every bit as good and a fraction of the price. But ordering from Avon is a bit of a pain so when I saw that Quo had these fabulous purple "copies" for about 5 bucks, I was thrilled. I purchased mine (I picked up 4 - 2 for me and 2 for my daughter) along with some other items during a 20X the points event and SDM regulars know how great those points are (there's even a "bonus point redemption" coming this weekend - 90 bucks worth of free stuff for 40,000 points and a whopping $200 worth of free stuff for 80,000 points!). I am so delighted to have found this sponge, thanks to the other reviewers here. beautyblender can kiss my business good-bye because I don't see the point of gratuitously wasting money that I can now happily spend on other things.

on 1/19/2015 10:14:00 PM

This is so much better than spending $20 on a BB ! Sets my foundation on my skin perfectly ! I use to use a Mac foundation brush to apply my foundation but I recently bought this and honestly I haven't seen my mac brush In a month

on 1/12/2015 9:34:00 PM

This tool makes inexpensive drugstore foundation go on like a dream! Great for blending things out and making your face look really natural. Doesn't come with directions but it's easy to find tutorials online for similar products. I wash mine with baby shampoo, rinse well, and squeeze out excess water before using it to blend my foundation. Love it! For $5 this is SO worth it.

This is simply amazing! I've always applied makeup with my fingers but I was curious and wanted to try something new. I wanted to buy the BeautyBlender but I do not live near a Sephora and I thought it was quite expensive for a sponge. At my local pharmacy, I saw this sponge by Quo. I had bought Quo products by the past and I knew it was worth it. Oh god I was right! The quality/price value is amazing! 5$ and it work like a dream! Seriously, give it a try, you'll be surprised! Plus, the sponge is super cute since it's purple! Now, it don't leave my makeup bag! Thank you Quo!

I bought the Beauty Blender when it first came out on the market and yes, I absolutely loved it! It was incredible and applied my base makeup like a dream. But alas...I moved and lost my precious pink, squishy teardrop and was hesitant to purchase another one at a whopping $30. So I lived without it for a year and then I came across the QUO Blending Sponge for $5 and figured, for that price, if it didn't work magic I wouldn't be heart broken. Well.......it's amazing! It does the exact same thing as it's predecessor and I saved $25. Plus it's readily available at Shoppers Drug Mart so I don't have to go to the mall to get it. Sure, it's not that great electric pink colour, but it's deep purple shade is still lovely and the bottom line is that it works! I've literally got nothing bad to say about this genius makeup tool. If you're using cream, or liquid products for your base makeup, this thing will leave you looking airbrushed and natural. Pro Tip: Before use, hold the sponge under water for a few seconds and then squeeze out the excess moisture out with a towel--this will allow for better product application and keep the sponge from absorbing too much product. Defintiely 2 thumbs up!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools