Quo Blending Sponge

4.5

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I will definitely buy this iver gain way cheaper than beauty blender itself but works the same.

on 8/23/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't bought the much hyped Beauty Blender sponge so I can't compare it to the Quo Blending Sponge and if the comparisons are accurate then I'm happy with the Quo one. I can't justify spending that kind of money on a sponge and the Quo sponge is only $5 CAD.

I used this sponge with my NARS Sheer Glow foundation and I was blown away with the results. The application was flawless compared to when I've used a brush to blend/buff the foundation.

The Quo sponge is far superior to those BB knockoffs at TJMaxx and it's the same price.
I've already gotten two more back ups as I like to wash my sponges frequently.

Quo has some real gems and this sponge is one of them.

on 8/4/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure I know how to use this sponge to love it like the other reviewers do. I only use a bit of BB cream on occasion (no foundation for me) and I think the sponge pretty much sucks up all the products and doesn't spread any on my face. I think i get better results with my fingers or a stiff edged brush. I can see how it could help blend concealer/foundation and it's a nice feeling sponge, smooth and cushioning, really nice on the skin. Unfortunately for me I don't have a real use for it so I'm glad I'm not out a lot of money, this wasn't really expensive to purchase.

on 7/26/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sponge has the same effect as a beauty blender, except it is way more affordable :) Very good at blending foundation and concealer, and gives an air brushed effect

on 5/16/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Makes my liquid foundation look natural! I love it, and it's very affordable at $5. I'm thinking about buying a backup, or maybe the set of 3 minis that are coming out. I'm also experimenting with applying cream blush with the sponge.

on 4/26/2015 11:31:00 PM

This sponge is PHENOMENAL. I am BEYOND in love with it. I have also just found that Quo release three mini blenders.. which I also LOVE. They're much smaller so are great for around your eyes and tighter areas. This is a much under-appreciated product that is the closest replica of the Beauty Blender.

on 4/23/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've gotten super curious about the beauty blender but I didn't want to blow $26 dollars on a sponge! I spotted this dupe at Shoppers Drug Mart and happily indulged for $5 dollars. What a steal!

I love how seamlessly it blends foundation and highlighters onto my skin. I was totally skeptical because I had tried and hated traditional makeup sponges but this thing is magical. It made my foundation looks so natural and effortless! And it applied my highlighter like a dream!

I love the fact that it's reusable like a brush and I can keep washing it and using it until the thing falls apart. And I can afford to replace it once it gets worn out when the price is so affordable!

One thing that bothers me is the packaging which doesn't offer an easy way of storing this cute little sponge. I've repurposed one of the caps of my Bath and Body Works fine fragrance mists and I use that as a holder for my sponge when it's not in use and for it to dry.

I'm really glad I took the plunge and decided to try this sponge! I adore it!

on 4/6/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I know this is most comparable to the Beauty Blender, which I contemplated buying but decided to forego because of the hefty price. Instead, I saw this at Shopper's Drug Mart and for $5 CAD, it was basically 4 x cheaper than the Beauty Blender
Anyway, it performed exactly as I hoped! I love the shape because it really helps to get into the creases of my face; when damp, it gives a flawless finish. Also, it's so much more time-efficient than my stippling brush, which covers less surface area of my face as I am blending. With this, I cover a lot of my face in a short amount of time.
Overall, I can't compare this to the BB because I don't own one but I will say it did exactly what I was expecting, giving my makeup the finish I was hoping for and it is so worth it. Recommend!

on 2/14/2015 1:54:00 PM

Works better than the standard beauty blender shape. It softens up after a few uses so it blends makeup even better. Easy to wash. Makes my foundation look great!

on 2/12/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've owned the original beautyblender for years. I've loved the original beautyblender for years. But those little sponges, which do help achieve the look of perfect skin, are insanely priced and I can't see the justification for it when Avon has been making a mean imitation for years - every bit as good and a fraction of the price. But ordering from Avon is a bit of a pain so when I saw that Quo had these fabulous purple "copies" for about 5 bucks, I was thrilled. I purchased mine (I picked up 4 - 2 for me and 2 for my daughter) along with some other items during a 20X the points event and SDM regulars know how great those points are (there's even a "bonus point redemption" coming this weekend - 90 bucks worth of free stuff for 40,000 points and a whopping $200 worth of free stuff for 80,000 points!). I am so delighted to have found this sponge, thanks to the other reviewers here. beautyblender can kiss my business good-bye because I don't see the point of gratuitously wasting money that I can now happily spend on other things.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools