January 25, 2015 | 2117 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Quo - Blending Sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:14:00 PM More reviews by MeV28

This is so much better than spending $20 on a BB ! Sets my foundation on my skin perfectly ! I use to use a Mac foundation brush to apply my foundation but I recently bought this and honestly I haven't seen my mac brush In a month

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Incipiency

This tool makes inexpensive drugstore foundation go on like a dream! Great for blending things out and making your face look really natural. Doesn't come with directions but it's easy to find tutorials online for similar products. I wash mine with baby shampoo, rinse well, and squeeze out excess water before using it to blend my foundation. Love it! For $5 this is SO worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

This is simply amazing! I've always applied makeup with my fingers but I was curious and wanted to try something new. I wanted to buy the BeautyBlender but I do not live near a Sephora and I thought it was quite expensive for a sponge. At my local pharmacy, I saw this sponge by Quo. I had bought Quo products by the past and I knew it was worth it. Oh god I was right! The quality/price value is amazing! 5$ and it work like a dream! Seriously, give it a try, you'll be surprised! Plus, the sponge is super cute since it's purple! Now, it don't leave my makeup bag! Thank you Quo!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DezineOptional

I bought the Beauty Blender when it first came out on the market and yes, I absolutely loved it! It was incredible and applied my base makeup like a dream. But alas...I moved and lost my precious pink, squishy teardrop and was hesitant to purchase another one at a whopping $30. So I lived without it for a year and then I came across the QUO Blending Sponge for $5 and figured, for that price, if it didn't work magic I wouldn't be heart broken. Well.......it's amazing! It does the exact same thing as it's predecessor and I saved $25. Plus it's readily available at Shoppers Drug Mart so I don't have to go to the mall to get it. Sure, it's not that great electric pink colour, but it's deep purple shade is still lovely and the bottom line is that it works! I've literally got nothing bad to say about this genius makeup tool. If you're using cream, or liquid products for your base makeup, this thing will leave you looking airbrushed and natural. Pro Tip: Before use, hold the sponge under water for a few seconds and then squeeze out the excess moisture out with a towel--this will allow for better product application and keep the sponge from absorbing too much product. Defintiely 2 thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $5 CAD it works so much better than the beautyblender (returned it after 3 uses) for so much less. It's a little purple sponge, but I know it came out in pink and blue last year around the holidays... so hopefully that happens again this year because this thing is amazing.

I really dislike sponges because of how unsanitary they can be, but I love this sponge. With all the foundations I've used so far, it blends liquid and cream foundation flawlessly and really quickly - just be sure to wash it often so you don't spread the bacteria all over your face.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by whitequeen1

Better than beauty blender!!!! Sponge material feels like better quality than beauty blender as well. I've tried both. The Quo gives way more blending capability. An absolute air brushed look. You have to be careful, bc your skin can actually look 'too perfect' believe it or not!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

update: I cannot believe how awesome this is! It made me love my fit me foundation again and the best part is that now when I have foundation on even my own family members can't tell, they just comment on how well my acne medication is working LOL (and then I tell them the truth)

To be honest I never wanted to buy a blending sponge because I liked how my foundation looked with just applying it with my fingers but I needed something better for concealer and saw ppl on YouTube loving them so I decided to give this one a try. Mainly cause it was 5 bucks. You can't go wrong right?

Wrong.

I kid, this is a great product. It's made me love products that didn't work for me before, and saved me a lot of money in that sense...also, I add a bit too much product to my face so the fact that it sheers product out I don't mind because it actually makes my makeup look nicer. It did tear a bit on the second or third wash but that was because I had long nails at the time and was practically choking the poor thing trying to get shampoo out of it but I've washed it numerous times after that and it hasn't gotten too many tears yet so that just shows you the durability. But I love this. I mean, I really really love this. If someone who was just starting makeup came up to me and asked me what tool they should buy I would say this one, hands down. (And a powder brush but you know what I mean ;) )

Now, does it compare to the real thing? I dunno. I recently bought the, "bb", but haven't gotten down to trying it out yet but when I do....I just hope I remember to update this review

This sheers out foundation as well as concealer (kind of obvious),
I had to use a lot more (like 2.5 times more) but if you pour foundation onto the back of your hand and dip the sponge into that and then on your face you get the nicest looking application I've seen a tool do it just melts into your skin

based on what I've seen from videos though it seems like this would be one of the better dupes for the beauty blender and the way it applies foundation and how it just seamlessly blends it into your skin I don't think there is any need to buy the beauty blender
Now, if you're reeallly picky and want every detail perfect maybe try the real thing out (it's 5 times the cost as well though)

quick update: OH MY GAWD

you can use this with pressed powder!
Now, you may be thinking, "so what?" but it applies my stay matte pressed powder SO nicely! I mean, it's not some beautiful airbrushed, sent from the heavens type finish but it makes the powder sink into my skin, and not leave a whitish cast (the powder is too light for me)! Only downside is that it doesn't deposit all the product it picked up onto my skin so that's a bit of a waste but if I keep using the same side the new powder just sits ontop the old and the problem is solved-ish.

Also if u wet it with hot water its more fluffy and bounces on ur face lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I would be able to find another blending sponge that works as well as this little purple guy

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Amandarosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this sponge but I hated it. It was ok for concealing around my eyes but that's it. It sheered out my foundation too much for my liking. And the first time I washed it, it started ripping in 3 or 4 places. I'm going to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by 902nikki902

I've already repurchased this blending sponge for a back up. I never took the plunge to buy the 25. 00+ (CAD) beauty blender and I won't when quo has this gem on the shelves. It is only 5.00 at shopper's drug and it is pure perfection. I usually use my Sigma and real techniques brushes for liquid foundation but they have been set aside for this amazing item. Love and highly recommend.