April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Quo - Blending Sponge

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I would be able to find another blending sponge that works as well as this little purple guy

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Amandarosemua

I wanted to love this sponge but I hated it. It was ok for concealing around my eyes but that's it. It sheered out my foundation too much for my liking. And the first time I washed it, it started ripping in 3 or 4 places. I'm going to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by 902nikki902

I've already repurchased this blending sponge for a back up. I never took the plunge to buy the 25. 00+ (CAD) beauty blender and I won't when quo has this gem on the shelves. It is only 5.00 at shopper's drug and it is pure perfection. I usually use my Sigma and real techniques brushes for liquid foundation but they have been set aside for this amazing item. Love and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by GidgetAH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little purple sponge is the best dupe I have found for the beauty blender. I currently own 5 of them.

When dry it is very dense, when wet it is light and fluffy! It applies foundation flawlessly.
I have used this with Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, Stila Stay All Day, Rimmel Wake Me Up, and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum.

I find it sheers out BB creams/tinted moisturizers a little too much, but works great with medium to full coverage foundation.

Quo just changed the packaging of these sponges and added a couple new colours... I bought the turquoise one today, and I sincerely hope it's the same as the purple sponge.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Defiantly a great dup for a high end beauty blender,i had high expectations for this as iv heard alot of great things from beauty blender sponges and how it makes your skin look flawless but with my experience i need a full coverage application and i just dont get that with a beauty blender. But on the other hand my best friend bought the same product and it works amazingly for her, it truly makes her skin look flawless, i feel like it works alot better for her because she doesnt have as much acne as i do. Although the product doesnt work well for me i still use it occasionally to blend out my under eye concealers

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant product! I purchased the Beautyblender and fell in love with it, but at $26CAD or $20USD each, that's pretty damn expensive for a sponge. My hunt took me to eBay, Amazon, and various drugstore cosmetics companies but Quo's Blending Sponge is the best. You can compare it to the BB since they're both sponges, but the Blending Sponge can stand alone as well. It has a lovely soft, velvety texture that feels heavenly on your skin and the purple color is really pretty. The gourd shape expands in water and does a great job of giving a natural, air-brushed finish to non water-based foundations.

The recommended use is to wet it first, firmly squeeze the water out, then blot well with a towel. I roll mine up in the towel and squeeze again several times. I dot liquid foundation all over my face then start stippling/dabbing the sponge over one area at a time. I have fairly good skin to begin with so only want a light layer but for heavier coverage I would suggest letting the first coat dry, then starting again, depending on what type of foundation you're using. Some foundations don't seem to layer well.Some people also use the sponge dry to get more coverage but I haven't tried it.

The rounded bottom is great for working on large areas and the pointed end gets spots requiring more detail like nostril creases and under the eyes. To prevent bacteria buildup I wash every other use with the Daiso sponge detergent then let the sponge dry for a couple days before using again. I have the BB to alternate with so it's good to have two sponges of whatever type you prefer.

A couple things to note: if this sponge is used wet it will dilute the pigment of your foundation. That's just the way it goes. In return your face will look less obviously made up so it's a give and take. Also, water-based foundations will dilute even further and the sponge will happily soak them up more than silicone or oil-based foundations. Like attracts like and the sponge is wet with water, right? I've used it with MAC's Face & Body and it worked fine, I didn't notice that I had to use a lot more product that usual, but that was just my experience.

For $5CAD the Blending Sponge is definitely worth a try, especially if you've been wanting to try the BB but haven't because of the price tag. It's now a staple in my kit. Quo can be found in Canada in Shoppers Drug Marts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Out of all the Beauty Blender dupes I have tried, this one is the best. Some are too firm and didn't really enlarge when it was damp, so it totally defeated the purpose of these types of sponges. Some, while was still too firm, did enlarge but absorbed heinous amounts of product. While I have never used the real Beauty Blender, I have squeezed it (!!!) and it is a porous, soft, fluffy, and squishy sponge.

Enter the Quo Blending Sponge. At $5 CAD, it was a price you couldn't really complain too much about, especially compared with the Beauty Blender. It has the gourd shape with the pinched middle with a medium purple colour. I was a bit wary because it was quite a firm sponge when it is dry. However, it enlarged nicely and became quite fluffy, which is pleasant. The downside is that the narrow tip isn't quite as small so it's a bit harder to reach into smaller areas, but it's still not too bad.

As for application, it did absorb product but it's a typical characteristic of sponges in general. I used the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream with this. When applied with fingers, this BB cream looks like you obviously have makeup on your face but it looked SOO natural when I applied it with this sponge. It blended flawlessly into my face and gave a more natural, dewy finish to the skin. Although the coverage was a bit more sheer, it did stop me from overapplying and if you really want your foundation/BB cream to look more natural, this is the way to go. It's a given that these sponges WILL NOT maximize coverage, so use a dense brush for that purpose.

Overall, I would definitely repurchase this, ESPECIALLY when it is only $5. Plus, I don't need to hunt this down because you can find it at any Shoppers store that carries Quo, which is extra convenient for me. Canadians, do take advantage of what you have here :)