Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

4.1

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

on 4/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

I recently discovered these a few days ago and picked up Sultry and Elusive. These are the first matte lipsticks I've ever tried, and I do like them, however I like them a whole lot more if I put my EOS lip balm on first before applying the matte balm. If you have any imperfections on your lips (dryness), this will make it show up even more. But with a some lip balm, that isn't as much of a problem. Out of the two colors that I've bought so far, Sultry is my most favorite.

I am not a fan of the packaging at all because the "seal" is just a flimsy piece of clear tape and 99% of these matte balms that I saw at WalMart had been opened. And you could tell that someone had tested them because they didn't have that complete shiny new lipstick look. This was disappointing because even if I found the color I wanted, I didn't want to purchase it there because you could tell it had been opened and touched. I ended up getting one at Walgreens ($9.50) and the other at Kroger ($7.50). Walgreens has a sale going on right now on these buy 1 get one 50% off.

on 3/27/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lip stain! I have it in Lovesick, which is a bright pink, and I think it looks great. It has pretty good staying power; I only have to reapply it at most once a day. It also doesn't dry my lips out too much. I have the Clinique chubby sticks, and I have to say that I actually prefer the Revlon to the Clinique sticks.

on 3/18/2015 1:00:00 PM

I wish it looked slightly smoother on my lips. My lips are generally always chapped, and this seems to settle in a great deal. Otherwise, the color "Sultry" is just about the most perfect MLBB shade, (I want this color in every other possible lipstick iteration, it's that good). It doesn't stay at all. No staying power. Don't wear this anywhere you're going to be handed a fancy glass of wine or flute of champagne, because it will quickly look like a prop on the cover of a pulpy whodunit novel.

on 3/17/2015 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the shade in "Sultry - 225" and I'm in love! Its such a pretty shade. If you apply a light layer it leaves a nice subtle deep pinkish/red shade and if you apply it with a heavy hand, it would give you a more night time look.
The application is smooth and velvety. I love it!!

on 3/10/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I never write reviews. I am in love with these! The finish isn't drying, and it's the perfect matte. I always have dry lips and if anything, this helps them out. Once the lip is dry, it's not going anywhere. It's got a minty tingle which is a bonus for me. It's got wonderful coverage, however I still recommend to wear a bit of foundation or lip primer on your lips. Even to make the true color stand on top and not be altered by your natural lip shade. But it's not necessary. I LOVE this stuff. I'm going to have every color. Can't wait to try the nude!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I bought my first ColorBurst Matte Balm, I didn't know I wouldn't be able to stay away from it. I bought Standout—a classic, cool toned red. A friend of mine had worn it and I thought it was gorgeous. She told me how she could eat and drink with it and it would stain her lips. And the matte finish was so lovely, I had to buy it.
Standout was PERFECT. The color was consistent, and even though the product had worn off, my lips stayed very pigmented. And eating/drinking was no problem! The formula was very different from any other matte lipstick I've used. It super creamy when you apply it, but mattifies and really sticks to your lips when it sets/dries. My lips did NOT dry out. And the smell is amazing! It's identical to Original Burts Bees lip balm, and it even tingles the same way too.
Now, Shameless, however wasn't so great. I bought it as a dupe for MACs Heroine, and I always get compliments on how pretty it is! However, the color consistency sucks. It's patchy and (despite the gorgeous color) makes it look cheap and unattractive. I will probably have to buy MACs Heroine Lipliner to make this lipstick work.
I decided to give this product another go and buy Sultry. I'm in love with mauves and this is perfect for light and medium skin tones. It is also warm and you can even use it as a tint to enhance your natural lip color. This was NOT patchy like Shameless (thank god). It was just as perfect as Standout, along with GREAT pigmentation! Both of these colors last all day and have a nice matte finish.

Now here's what I didn't love: the packaging.
First of all, the lipstick tubes have the weakest safety seal ever made. People easily open them and test them.
Second is the "chubby stick" design. It's about as obnoxious as EOS lip balm eggs. Once you've worn down the tapered tip of the lipstick, you end up with this thick, flat nub that's difficult to apply to the small corners and edges of your lips. It makes for very messy application. :( And I understand that I can just use a lip brush to apply the product, but who really wants to go though all that trouble.

PROS (aside from Shameless):
• matte finish
• gorgeous color choices
• long lasting
• kiss proof!
• food and drink approved

CONS:
• Shameless (patchy) :(
• unsanitary packaging
• bulky design

on 3/3/2015 2:14:00 PM

I bought this product because the shade of purple Shameless was gorgeous and pretty unusual.

This lip product is getting one star, though, because it goes on patchy and uneven, accentuating lip dry spots and creases like crazy. I also probably had an allergic reaction to the formula, as my lips began to hurt and eventually peel. I'm thinking others may have had this reaction too. The color is nice but the formula is horrible, in my opinion. Tried it once and will never try it again.

on 2/17/2015 4:42:00 PM

Super impressed for a drugstore product. I'd compare the look to any of MAC's matte lipsticks. It's easy to apply as well, nicely pigmented and goes on opaque with only one layer. Feels really creamy for a matte lipstick and has a nice mint scent/flavouring so it feels like you're wearing regular lip balm.

I think this is a very good product. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes the look of a matte lipstick. This was my first time trying a matte lipstick and I love the look of it! I have the colour 'Showy' number 220. I love the way it looks and it feels so good on the lips. When you first apply it, it is rich and creamy and you don't have to apply very much for a good coverage. It is very opaque. It dries within a couple of minutes and then you can't even feel it on your lips anymore. The colour is very rich and vibrant and lasts a long time. It's not the type of lipstick that you have to be reapplying all the time. Even after eating and drinking your lips are still stained with the colour. However the very first time I put it on my lips I found it really bright and I wasn't sure if it would suit me. But the more often I wore it the more it grew on me. Now I love the colour and how it stands out and is noticeable. And the way it makes your lips feel is nice too. After it sets into your lips, which takes about a minute, it doesn't even feel like you have any lipstick on. It's like you just apply it and forget about it. I am considering buying more of this product for sure!! Just not sure which colours to choose. I also purchased one of the lacquer balms in the 'coquette' colour number 110. I love this one too!! Looks great! But it is a lot more sheer and you have to apply a little more. Definitely does not last as long on your lips and you can feel it on the lips. It has a metallic sparkle as well. It looks beautiful in the sun. Overall not as good of a product as the matte balms. I would definitely recommend buying the matte balm over the lacquer balm. The lacquer balm is more like just your regular lipstick but the matte balm is a whole other product and it is so nice to wear! I think you will be happy with the product! Overall two thumbs up!! Give it a chance because I think you'll love it! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

on 2/8/2015 3:55:00 PM

Got this in elusive. I love the color even though it shows up much brighter than I thought.
It feels really buttery on the lips and doesn't dry them out. It also stays on for a considerable amount of time. Furthermore, it has a minty smell, which I quite like.

Video Reviews & Tutorials