Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

4.1

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

on 7/30/2015 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have Sultry and Standout and I mixed feelings about these two. I really love the matte colors and the fact that they last if you don't eat or drink right away, I love the feeling on my lips when I wear them. What I don't like is the packaging (I checked how much product there is and I think the tube is too long for what's inside) and once you have been using them for a while, that pretty crayon-like tip goes away. This makes the application a little bit difficult and sometimes I find myself cleaning the product outside my lips.

on 7/28/2015 11:32:00 AM

OH MY GOD. These are probably the best lip sticks I have ever used. I prefer matte over shiny any day, and every other matte lip color I've used dries and makes my lips look cracked and flakey. these go on creamy, dry to a beautiful velvety suede matte finish, and there is 0 color transfer. I can literally get 8 hours of wear without it smudging, smearing, fading, or feathering. love love love.

on 7/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have these in several shades and love them all. I reach for these all the time as well as the lacquer ones but the matte ones are my favourites because they last longer. The best is Sultry, a rosy nude. You can wear it alone, use it to blend a lipstick that is wearing off, or use a pencil liner to create a sculpted lip. These feel slightly minty but in a refreshing way. Although I love the lip crayons in nearly all brands and they are almost all good, I have to say these are the most beautiful and wearable shades.

Love the finish, super matte - super lustrous and creamy, and smells clean and minty (I don't usually care for sweet smelling products)

Loved the packaging, pointed like a pencil and in a crayon type twist up!

I found it did transfer a LOT. I'd sneeze into a tissue and found it caught so much of it! Tried with a lip liner base AND with some transparent finishing powder, but that didn't help much at all.

Loved the colour Sultry, I found it such a rare colour to come in matte lip products, just the transferability really kills it for me. Will be searching for a matte, identical colour alternative, I don't think there's anything that could transfer this much :(

on 7/4/2015 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in standout and in shameless. I'll start by saying that the colors are super nice, and these are unique, in that they are hydrating and have that nice, minty-lip-balm taste (if you're into that) and yet they still dry matte. They aren't drying at all. HOWEVER, good luck applying this! If you aren't using a lipliner, then you will look 100% crazy wearing this. It bleeds like all get out, and if you even think about going outside the lines, it's going to be really obvious. The only way i can wear this is by drawing my lips on with a liner, coloring my lips in with said liner, then applying this to the center and smacking my lips together. When I do it this way, it lasts a decent amount of time, but it definitely transfers quite a bit. All in all, not an awful product, but by no means HG.

on 7/1/2015 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I looooove these matte balms. I got the deep red/wine one and it's amazing! Stays forever on and make my lips look full and amazing. I did not love the nude one cause it's too yellow ish for me, but I'm mixing it up with other shades cause I love the formula. I'm not a huuuge fan of the minty feeling it leaves, but I can definitely live with that. Great choice if like me you're kind of a mess when it comes to using lipstick (all those years sticking to glosses killed my lipstick skills), the chubby pencil form makes them super easy to put on. I'm definitely getting more of these!

on 6/29/2015 11:39:00 PM

I have this in standout I love the color a dark red beautiful color I don't like the peppermint feel but I can live with it the packaging reminds me of a crayon kinda cute .....yep that's my opinion

on 6/29/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love the feel of these on my lips, love the slight stain they leave behind but I absolutely hate the peppermint taste. I drink lots of water and I don't want to taste peppermint. So disappointed after I bought several of these after they first came out and found they are flavored.

on 6/21/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have this color in Unapologetic. I am actually really surprised at the staying power and it feels really nice on the lips.

I would definitely like to try more, but I would buy from a seller other than Revlon themselves since the CEO has said negative things about Black people. That is the only negative.

A lot of people will like these. I wanted to, and almost did. However, there were a few things that made me give up on them.
I have these in the shades Elusive, Standout, and Unapologetic. I only have Unapologetic because it came with a box of tampons, and the colour (a vivid coral pink) does not suit me at all. I only put that on once and never wore it out of the house. I had higher hopes for Elusive, a muted, medium kind of pink, but I found it settled into the lines of my lips in an unflattering way, and there was just something not quite right about the colour on me. Standout was exactly that for me - I loved this shade. It's a beautiful blue-based red, and the contrast with my pale skin was lovely for the winter.
They are all creamy to apply and highly pigmented. They go on sale quite cheap too, about $6. They are quite drying on my lips, and although most matte lip products are, these contain peppermint, a known drying ingredient that obviously is not helping matters. Much more drying than the creamy matte lipsticks by Maybelline, for instance.
My main issue with these is not something that is exclusive to this product, but with these, I finally became fed up and swore I wouldn't buy any more. I've bought this lip crayon design from several brands, as it's become increasingly popular and initially, it is appealling. Application is easy at first, because the crayon is nice and pointy. The problem is, if you find one you like and wear it often, the point wears down to this round "nubbin", and it becomes very difficult to apply without going outside the lines of your lips. With a regular lipstick, the angle is mostly kept right until the last tiny bit, and with this design, you get halfway through and it becomes almost unusable straight from the tube. Whenever I tried to apply Standout after using for a while, it became very messy because it was too round to be precise, and I gave up using it altogether.
If this is not a problem for you, I would not dissuade you from using this product. For me, it was unnecessarily frustrating, and I will stick to regular shaped lipsticks from now on.

Video Reviews & Tutorials