July 25, 2014 | 919 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a few of these, a bright red, a deep red, a rosy-brown red and a pink. They're decent. Like other Revlon balms they have a hint of a minty feel and taste but it doesn't linger. They're easy to apply but some I like much better than others. I'd advise applying a tiny amount of lip balm before applying these, as they can be drying. The deep red and the rosy-brown feel the best to me, for some reason. Somehow they cover better, but I tend to prefer those shades, too, so maybe that's part of it. You can get a hint of color using a little or just apply more and get really matte, full coverage. The staying power is very good, but they can be drying. I think Revlon did better matte lipsticks with the matte line they rolled out (and sort of discontinued, though there are about four mattes in the regular lip line) a few years back. They applied thinner and built up better, in my opinion, and it didn't feel so obvious that there was lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Juliette119

This is so chalky, drying, and had a bad shade selection. I wish I had saved my money and bought a mac lipstick instead of this shit

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Andraia

I absolutely love these lip balms and would buy all the colours if I actually wore them (how amazing does that purple look?).

I have Standout and Elusive and love both. I do find that they make my lips a bit dry and thus need to make more of an effort of conditioning. I also find that they don't stay on very well and there are definitely instances of transfer, especially if I'm eating something like a wrap.

Standout is perhaps the best shade, as someone who loves red lipstick but struggles to wear it (self-concious) and finding the right shade, this particular shade seems to suit almost everyone.

The packing could be better regarding it's seal. It only has a little sticker to seal the lid to the crayon which makes it very easy to 'reseal' after use at the store. I would prefer if the crayons were fully sealed like the Just Bitten lip balms.

In Australia they are expensive, ranging from 14-20 dollars per crayon depending on the store (why Australia does your makeup have to be SOO EXPENSIVE?! I was spoiled when living in Canada).

I would definitely buy these again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tomieito

this product got pretty much hyped out thru out the blogsphere so i decided to give it a go. the retractable crayon packaging is already a +++ point i must say and i lovee how the color payoff is exactly the same as what u see from the outer tube. i got the shade #250 StandOut which is a perfect neutral red with blue undertone and its beautiful. as a matte balm it does hydrate ur lips after u wear it but not to the extent like general lip balms would give so its still better to put lip balms beforehand to avoid drying. it holds on until eating or drinking and it fades out leaving evenly stain thats easy to build again. and i like the peppermint scent too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by santindahlestari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the color #225 Sultry and #245 Audacious. I love the colors! The feeling when they touch my lips is incredible that I can feel mint on my lips, and that's very refreshing, especially when it's hot in the summer. However, I'd give 5 if these didn't have cons.
What I don't like:
1. The texture is not consistent. I mean, when I apply that on my lips, and then I put mư finger on it to correct the color, suddenly the color is like being moved to another direction. I don't know how to say it, but it's almost like smudging.
2. When I eat, the color easily disappears, depending on how long you eat. It's definitely not long lasting.

If I didn't like the color and the minty feeling, maybe I'd never buy it again. But I like the color and the refreshing mint in it! So, I'll buy it again. Maybe I will use a lip tint with the same color first before applying this, it might be useful to last the color. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These unfortunately just don't work for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the original Kissable Balm Stains so when I saw these, I had to have a few of them, but this purchase is one of my most regretted. I have dry lips so when I initially tried these & they looked bad, I thought that maybe matte's just don't work for me - especially light colored mattes. But then I tried the Essence Stay Matt lip cream and the Nyx Soft Matte lip cream and they both work for me and look good despite my dry lips.

For some reason these just go on streaky and show every single little imperfection in my lips - even where they aren't dry. I have Elusive, Unapologetic, and Striking. I LOVE the shades - they're beautiful colors and I think with any other formula they would work wonderfully. Striking looks okayish on me, it doesn't seem to show the imperfections like the other two do.

Overall, I really wish these worked for me. I wanted to love them so much. I love the Revlon Balm Stains and was hoping for another HG product, but was disappointed. :[

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

My favourite lip product in the world as if now! I own several shades of it, and yeah, I do like collecting them to treat myself! :)

They are so so pigmented, and they smell really good, pepperminty. It's a lot of product, and I would say its a pretty good dupe for mor expensive twist up lip products (Bourjois, Clinique).

The only thing that I realized was that I had to moisturize a bit before applying, otherwise, it would look really dry, and that dabbing it on than smearing it on gives you better control of pigmentation.

Love these so much! Just wished they were cheaper...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by magnadoodle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like using these for dance recitals because they are really pigmented and look really nice! I also like to use an EOS lip balm with one of these over it because it is not very moisturizing for your lips. If I want a more natural look I will put a little bit on my lips and blend it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by steff17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, the Revlon lip balm stain i did not care much for but Revlon did much better with the matte range . My favorite has to be sultry, its an everyday colour appropriate for work or school. I also do like striking although it's probably not as opaque as the other colours, the colour itself though is quite pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have Sultry 225 and I am a NC42 or NC44 depending on the season. This is the perfect wear-to-work color and I am wearing it to work every single day. Goes beautifully with my skin-tone. You definitely need to use this with a prep-layer of Vaseline / lip balm underneath. But after that it goes on nice and smooth and stays on for about 4 hours .. you only have to touch up once during the day. It does stain your lips though - which I kinda like!