Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

4.1

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS, DID NOT STAY ON LONG, WASTE OF $$$$$$$

on 4/28/2015 3:27:00 PM

I bought these in every single color & the opaqueness/pigmentation of these seems to vary from color to color. The only colors worth trying are Sultry, Shameless & Standout. The rest aren't very pigmented @ all which makes it super noticeable when it gathers/settles in lip lines/creases. I returned all except the 3 colors mentioned above & have actually finished & repurchased the color Sultry, which is a great MLBB color for me.

on 4/23/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains so I was excited to try a couple of these. I looked at Kaushal Beauty's beauty book on YouTube to get an idea of the colors and ordered a few fun summer colors from Ulta that I thought would look good on my Indian skin tone: Audacious, Showy, Sultry, and Shameless. My conclusion? It really depends on the color. The formulation is very cool and buttery across colors and the product feels novel because 'moisturizing' and 'matte' are usually mutually exclusive in lip products, however, the application of the lighter colors leaves something to be desired. Based on online reviews, I expected Shameless to have the patchiest application, but my experience was that Showy and Audacious looked messy and uneven on my lips while Sultry and Shameless looked opaque, bold, and TTS (True To Swatch) after just one or two coats. Maybe on lighter lips the lighter colors would look more even, but not on me. I would only purchase the darker pink, purple, and red balms. I'd also recommend buying them online -- the weak packaging seal means the stuff in retail drugstores are almost always used. Staying power is not great and the color wears unevenly leaving a ring around the mouth. The product also leaves a bit of a lip stain. I probably will not repurchase but I might try and find dupes with more staying power because I really do like the colors, which are bright, summery, and inspiring.

on 4/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

I recently discovered these a few days ago and picked up Sultry and Elusive. These are the first matte lipsticks I've ever tried, and I do like them, however I like them a whole lot more if I put my EOS lip balm on first before applying the matte balm. If you have any imperfections on your lips (dryness), this will make it show up even more. But with a some lip balm, that isn't as much of a problem. Out of the two colors that I've bought so far, Sultry is my most favorite.

I am not a fan of the packaging at all because the "seal" is just a flimsy piece of clear tape and 99% of these matte balms that I saw at WalMart had been opened. And you could tell that someone had tested them because they didn't have that complete shiny new lipstick look. This was disappointing because even if I found the color I wanted, I didn't want to purchase it there because you could tell it had been opened and touched. I ended up getting one at Walgreens ($9.50) and the other at Kroger ($7.50). Walgreens has a sale going on right now on these buy 1 get one 50% off.

on 3/27/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lip stain! I have it in Lovesick, which is a bright pink, and I think it looks great. It has pretty good staying power; I only have to reapply it at most once a day. It also doesn't dry my lips out too much. I have the Clinique chubby sticks, and I have to say that I actually prefer the Revlon to the Clinique sticks.

on 3/18/2015 1:00:00 PM

I wish it looked slightly smoother on my lips. My lips are generally always chapped, and this seems to settle in a great deal. Otherwise, the color "Sultry" is just about the most perfect MLBB shade, (I want this color in every other possible lipstick iteration, it's that good). It doesn't stay at all. No staying power. Don't wear this anywhere you're going to be handed a fancy glass of wine or flute of champagne, because it will quickly look like a prop on the cover of a pulpy whodunit novel.

on 3/17/2015 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the shade in "Sultry - 225" and I'm in love! Its such a pretty shade. If you apply a light layer it leaves a nice subtle deep pinkish/red shade and if you apply it with a heavy hand, it would give you a more night time look.
The application is smooth and velvety. I love it!!

on 3/10/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I never write reviews. I am in love with these! The finish isn't drying, and it's the perfect matte. I always have dry lips and if anything, this helps them out. Once the lip is dry, it's not going anywhere. It's got a minty tingle which is a bonus for me. It's got wonderful coverage, however I still recommend to wear a bit of foundation or lip primer on your lips. Even to make the true color stand on top and not be altered by your natural lip shade. But it's not necessary. I LOVE this stuff. I'm going to have every color. Can't wait to try the nude!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I bought my first ColorBurst Matte Balm, I didn't know I wouldn't be able to stay away from it. I bought Standout—a classic, cool toned red. A friend of mine had worn it and I thought it was gorgeous. She told me how she could eat and drink with it and it would stain her lips. And the matte finish was so lovely, I had to buy it.
Standout was PERFECT. The color was consistent, and even though the product had worn off, my lips stayed very pigmented. And eating/drinking was no problem! The formula was very different from any other matte lipstick I've used. It super creamy when you apply it, but mattifies and really sticks to your lips when it sets/dries. My lips did NOT dry out. And the smell is amazing! It's identical to Original Burts Bees lip balm, and it even tingles the same way too.
Now, Shameless, however wasn't so great. I bought it as a dupe for MACs Heroine, and I always get compliments on how pretty it is! However, the color consistency sucks. It's patchy and (despite the gorgeous color) makes it look cheap and unattractive. I will probably have to buy MACs Heroine Lipliner to make this lipstick work.
I decided to give this product another go and buy Sultry. I'm in love with mauves and this is perfect for light and medium skin tones. It is also warm and you can even use it as a tint to enhance your natural lip color. This was NOT patchy like Shameless (thank god). It was just as perfect as Standout, along with GREAT pigmentation! Both of these colors last all day and have a nice matte finish.

Now here's what I didn't love: the packaging.
First of all, the lipstick tubes have the weakest safety seal ever made. People easily open them and test them.
Second is the "chubby stick" design. It's about as obnoxious as EOS lip balm eggs. Once you've worn down the tapered tip of the lipstick, you end up with this thick, flat nub that's difficult to apply to the small corners and edges of your lips. It makes for very messy application. :( And I understand that I can just use a lip brush to apply the product, but who really wants to go though all that trouble.

PROS (aside from Shameless):
• matte finish
• gorgeous color choices
• long lasting
• kiss proof!
• food and drink approved

CONS:
• Shameless (patchy) :(
• unsanitary packaging
• bulky design

on 3/3/2015 2:14:00 PM

I bought this product because the shade of purple Shameless was gorgeous and pretty unusual.

This lip product is getting one star, though, because it goes on patchy and uneven, accentuating lip dry spots and creases like crazy. I also probably had an allergic reaction to the formula, as my lips began to hurt and eventually peel. I'm thinking others may have had this reaction too. The color is nice but the formula is horrible, in my opinion. Tried it once and will never try it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials