October 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For starters, LOVED their Just Bitten Balm + Stains, and I've never tried their Kissable Balm Stains, but I just know if I purchase that product, I'll fall in instant love since both Revlon lip products from the general line are AMAZING.

CONS:
Strong peppermint fragrance (which I enjoy).
Label rubs off overtime and is cheap over all (same with the Balm + Stains).
May come off as slightly expensive to some.

PROS:
Perfect amount of moisturization and pigmentation balanced.
Variety of colours is quite nice, but they lean more to the pinks rather than the oranges (which isn't too much of a problem for any fair skinned girls).
Stains the lips for a VERY LONG time (further than the Balm + Stains).
Gives the lips a matte look.
Very creamy so no sticky-residue, but feels like a body butter over your lips.
Extremely LIGHTWEIGHT and I cannot feel it on my face at all.
Great to use on the cheeks as a blusher.

Wow. Didn't think a crayon texture could leave my lips looking so moist, pigmented, all while giving that lightweight yet long lasting feel to my lips.

AMAZING product and is defintiely my favourite of ALL REVLON PRODUCTS, including some of their face products and mascaras I really did enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in standout. the colour is beautiful, one of my favourite reds. it also lasts hours! but be careful when applying because the colour smudges from lips to face easily, even hours after application. overall though it's a gorgeous colour, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. will repurchase, maybe in other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by magnusbee

absolutely love love love these lip balms! I got myself a makeup alley account just so i can tell everyone how good these are. I've been looking at reviews before i buy any cosmetics for a long time and they really help informing you about the product before you buy them so i just needed to say this.
i got the shades sultry sulfureuse, mischievous maliciuse and shameless desinvolte. they are all absolutely beautiful, moisturizing on the lips, matte, pigmented, light feeling and the mint feeling and smell is great, leaves your lips feeling fresh and cool.
have already showed all my friends and 110% would recommend this to anyone! If you're looking for a matte lip colour this is definitely worth the money. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Itrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I put this as good value as I brought a set of 5 for NZD$45, got the shades sultry, elusive, whimsical, demure and provocative. All these shades suit me which is amazing. I find the matte balms very creamy yet still matte and they last quite a while. Would recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Channylala

A product has never dried my lips as much as this one. I had hopes for this due to the good reviews but it just didn't work for me. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Jkgraika

I got this in the shade 210/Unapologetic. I like product its cream and highly pigmented. However I don't know if I would buy it in this shade. It's very pink and just didn't look good on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors I bought were Sultry and Standout and I will review them below:

Sultry - For me, this is a perfect nude+. I have fair-ish skin (NC25) but naturally dark lips (pinkish brown). This makes nude and pink products tricky for me to find, and bold colors are my comfort zone. This is perfect for daytime, work and school. Definitely nothing show-stopping, but makes my overall appearance nicer. It's not drying at all and does not highlight flakiness. Definitely a staple and I will definitely be picking up a spare.

Standout - The brightest red of the bunch. I love red lipsticks and unless they pull too blue, I can rock it. This is a nice bright red that I love using at night-time. It's not fussy to apply, and I can do it quickly in the car (for example) with no need for lipliner. It lasts soooo long. Even with eating and drinking, there's generally no need for me to re-apply. Since it's a bold red, it will cling to flakiness and things like that. That's just to be expected. The color itself is not original, but I appreciate the convenience and ease of use.

TLDR: SO easy to use, moisturizing, lasts for hours and hours, fun choice of colors, slightly minty, and a decent price. Fully recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty on the fence on these; I love the stains, and these are nice too, I'm just not getting where the "matte" comes from. Definitely takes a lot of exfoliating before every application, and even then it can look patchy, kind of like a smeary matte that collects in any fine lines in your lips and looks alright from a distance but terrible close up. I have these in Complex and Mischievous and find this applies to both of them, so I am hesitant to try any other color and will probably eventually finish the ones I have but not replace them afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell. Peppermint. Def not matte. Creamy. Must exfoliate lips before putting this on, orbit will show through. I have this in unapologetic. Great packaging. Slides on smoothly with no dragging. Lasts a whole before you need to sharpen it. Easy to create a defined outlined lip with just one product. Beautiful bright pink color. Would likebtontrynother colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by luigi007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again!! I bought this in sultry at unichem in Auckland, NZ

I was looking for a my-lips-but-better lipstick for university and this is so perfect.
It's easy to apply and lasts for a long time.
It's easy to build up the colour or if you just want a subtle colour it's just as good.
It has a minty smell to it but it doesn't last long so it's not too strong which is nice.

I think the main point that sold me on this was how I didn't need to apply any lip balm before to be able to apply the lipstick evenly though it's matte it doesn't dry out my lips.

It's around $22 here so it's not the cheapest product for a student like me, but it lasts a long time and it's a staple for my everyday makeup routine