Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely LOVE these lipsticks. These are a great dupe to the tarte lipsticks except without the expensive price tag. Inexpensive, easy application and the color pay off is fantastic! I wear #205 elusive insaissable as an everyday lipstick and I feel it compliments my skin tone well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ladies - this is an absolutely wonderful line of lipsticks.

I wouldn't consider it a balm at all. It's creamy like a lipstick. The matte finish it absolutely beautiful. My favourite colour right now is "Sultry" which is a deep brownish red (perfect for fall and winter) and I also have 'Shameless" which is a deep purple (for a more dramatic look). They go on great, last a long time (well, you have to reapply after you eat) and even have a tingly little minty sensation when they go on. I've gone through two already and I would definitely buy again.

I probably wouldn't try out any of the other colours though because they're a bit extreme. L'oreal should come out with more earthy tones in this line!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm
Elusive (neutral-warm pink)
$4.97 (on sale---most likely due to trying to attract Christmas shoppers or clearing out the last year's stock)

Price was great. Packaging was not good because even though there was a piece of shrink wrap around the cap and the pen, I found I could easily slide the pen body out, leaving the shrink wrap completely intact. Not good. I am a germophobe and worry about that kind of stuff. I bought it from the local Ulta store. But the lipstick/pencil did not show any signs of use, so I went ahead and tried it.

I have a cool undertone and look awesome in blue, so all my lipsticks must have a blue tone to them. The Elusive did not. The Elusive was neutral to warm pink and almost had a salmon tinge to it. It made my teeth look yellow (this was after three days of using whitening strips to get ready for Christmas photos), almost as if I was wearing a white sunscreen lip balm (which I have to when outdoors because I am allergic to chemical sunscreens). It applied beautifully and was very pigmented. Definitely matte, but it did not look drying. But then I started to feel the burn. Uh-oh. There's peppermint oil in it and it's not good peppermint oil. It was bitter and strong. (For comparison, LypSyl lip balm has nice, soft, and light peppermint oil.) I wiped it off and tossed the tube in the garbage. Not worth the gas and time to take back for a return.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the shade 'sultry sulfurous' and I love it! When first applied , there is a minty smell and feeling which makes my lips feel refreshed . The shade is also a great everyday shade for my olive Malay skin tone :) it lasts about 3 hours on me which is kinda turns me off but I don't mind reapplying the balm. however the colour options and price kinda turns me off. Only limited colors are availble and sadly only like 2-3 look good on me :( In watsons, it retails for around SGD$18 if I'm not wrong but I bought mine at the airport duty free so it was $10 which is a HUGE bargain . Would definitely repurchase if they release more colors and revise the price

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

looooove this stuff! I have 2 of these in sultry and elusive. they're very matte and pigmented and smell minty. the colors are beautiful but I took away one lippie because they don't last very long(maybe an hour without eating or drinking). very smooth formula, I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have 5 shades "Sultry", "Standout", "Unapologetic", "Shameless" and "Mischievous": All are super pigmented except for "Mischievous" - a light orange that's more sheer and applies a little patchy. These balms glide on smoothly and have a fairly creamy texture which isn't drying but also not hydrating.

They are matte - but not ultra matte like a lipstick lipstick would be. Also, because they are more hydrating than most matte lipsticks, they don't have great lasting power. I tend to reapply every 3/4 hours and reapplication looks just fine.

These go on sale for $10 dollars all the time and I always end up picking up a new shade. Their non-drying formula and pigmentation set them apart from other drugstore lipsticks to me!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Few weeks ago, I've just tried this product. I have been a fan of their Balmstain in color 'Honey' but I decided to give this one a try. I bought the 2 shades: Sultry and Elusive.

Sultry is my fave color. I've read so many great reviews about it in the past and I agree with them! It's a perfect everyday color and it's perfect for my medium-fair skin. It's a dark pink/mauve color that's deep but not dark. It's very wearable. I like that it's perfect for everyday that is not a nude shade and provides a rich color but not a shouty color either.
This color makes you look polished but with enough glam since it's matte. I really love the color!

Elusive on the other hand is a dupe for MAC's matte lipstick 'Please Me', very similar color and almost same texture too. ;)

It does a great job of staining the lips, however... This product dries the hell out of my lips. Even if I wear my usual moisturising balm over the top all day, my lips will be cracked the next day. There must be something in those ingredients my lips don't agree with.

I love the color pay off and the stain and they go on very smooth they smell minty and the point is easy to use to line lips

Got this in Striking, a bright, zingy red, with a small nod to magenta. I have a lot of yellow in my skin, and this color pops in a super satisfying way. ~$7 at the grocery store. I have not experienced drying, which makes me think maybe its balminess is inconsistent across colors. Using it over chapstick gives it a very pretty, stain-like disposition, but my favorite way is straight up, layered, to make the most of its saturation.

I found it much less matte than most of the matte lipsticks I use, and, predictably, less durable over a night than lipstick would be. But it stays on really well for what it is, and it reapplies smoothly and evenly and with less fuss than lipstick would. Really great, low maintenance product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials