April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am such a sucker for drugstore lippies. And I'm usually very disappointed. I have a couple of the original Relvon Balm stains that were terrible in my opinion. But, being the glutton for punishment that I am, as soon as I saw a display for the matte balms I was all over it. I restrained myself and only purchased one, Unapologetic. It is a bright, and I mean bright, warm leaning pink, almost lawn flamingo pink. This is a color not for the faint of heart! It has the same minty smell the original stains do, if you don't like minty lip products you will want to pass on this. It goes on with a velvety feel, is fairly opaque but requires more than one layer to reach full opacity, dries down quickly, but even when dry still feels like it has a bit of slip for the first hour or 2 of wearing. It is drying while wearing, exfoliate and moisturize really well before applying or you will regret it. It will settle into lip lines and cling to dry patches, it is a rather high maintenance lippy. Lasting power is great, I've actually had to use makeup remover to remove the stain. Not sure if I'll buy any more of these, but I wouldn't put it out of the question.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have one of the orinal balms and didnt like the minty smell. I am a sucker for matte opaque lips and these were on for 3 for 2 so I got Mischevious, Sultry and Elusive. I thought i would get over the smell.
But the smell isnt why i gave these a 2 rating.
They feel very very powdery on the lips like literally you have put a lip product on and then heavily powdered on top. Therefore it makes your lips dry.
The peach shade Mischevious even looks powdery and settles in lines so I have to rub my finger over my lips to blend.
The shades themselves when swatched look nice but on the lips they look sorta off. Mischevious comes off sheer and is difficult to build up.
Such a shame as Revlon make one of my favourite l/s of all time Pink In the Afternoon.

I would not repurchase and unfortunately we cannot return cosmetics.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I wanted to try one of these the Moment I saw them on the shelf. Each Shade was tempting to look at but I Wanted to try the product before I bought more. I picked up "Showy Flamboyant" Its more of a dominate fuchsia shade. I wouldn't consider the shade hot pink. I pealed away the wrapper eagerly,"Smiling",while I held my Mirror. I applied the balm like a lip liner to the lips gliding gently on the lip line. I then filled in my plump lips as if I were gently coloring a picture. The Result was pleasant and I adored how Matte the color came out. The shade gorgeous however the texture is absolutely disappointing. My lips immediately dried out. After awhile my lips were so dry I had to apply balm every few minutes. The lasting power is very poor. I had to keep reapplying over and over again. This is a lip product that has to go where you go because it just doesn't last.Overall I was not pleased however it is beautiful and Super Matte. It just doesn't last. Im so stubborn I want to try the Red Shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kiwigurly89

I'm not too fond of this product. I bought elusive and I really wanted to love it. It's such a nice color but it drags on my lips and seems to dry them out even more! Settles in every line!! I was looking for something that is light with color, hydrating, and goes on smoothly unfortunately this isn't it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by beccal30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I went crazy during Boots 3 for 2 and bought 3 of these after reading several positive reviews. The colours I got were Sultry, Standout and Complex. The only one out of the 3 i'm not totally in love with is Complex as it looks very orange against my very pale skin but i hope i can make it work by layering it with another lipstick/gloss. I spent weeks looking in several different Boots/Superdrugs for Sultry - I assume its not one of the best-sellers because most of them didn't stock it - but i'm glad I did because it has become one of my favourite lipsticks. I did however think it would be more casual and wearable (for example 'mauve it over' by revlon is my 'your lips but better' lipstick and i thought this would be similar) but nevertheless it is a great lipstick and amazingly complimentary to my skin tone. I love the overall look and feel of these lipsticks - matte but not drying and great staying power. I would definitely recommend them.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ennayeslek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in "Mischievous" after the youtuber Zoella wore it in one of her videos and it looked GORGEOUS. This shade was out of stock at my local CVS so i ordered it online and eagerly waited for it so i could have pretty peachy lips too. Unfortunately, that is not what i got. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the color looks ridiculous with my fair skin and dark features. It reminds me of a highlighter, and it accentates dry lips like you wouldnt believe. I was surprised by the peppermint scent but i do like that it makes my mouth feel fresh and tingly. I was distraught over this not working so i layered it on top of "Jubilee" by MAC and YES! It looks peachy and pretty! (I think layering on top of any nude will make it look better, trust me) I probably won't be buying this again and i'll probably stick to Neutrogena's color sticks when i don't want to wear lipstick..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Shameless and I'm completely obsessed with it. Shameless is a bold pretty medium-deep purple. Then I picked up Standout which [is a brown-girl friendly red!] feels like a true red to me - not too warm.

The texture is perfect - feels like a good balm and still looks matte, but not dry at all. The color lasts and goes on perfectly smooth and even for me. Shameless seems to go on patchy for other folks, but I haven't had that problem at all. It feels creamy going on, but after a few minutes, it dries down and then doesn't budge. My lips are generally not chapped or dry, but this does sink into/emphasize lines after a while. It's almost opaque - my naturally dark lips make the shade appear a little more blue than pink. Most comfortable of all the mattes I've been wearing. Starts off slightly minty just like the just bitten balms. Wears well and reapplies without getting clumpy or crusty looking. Doesn't transfer. Big recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Shameless which is a dark pink-purple. I have several of the original Revlon Kissable Balm Stains and really like those however I wasn't impressed with this one. This is my only matte balm so I can't speak for the formula across the board but Shameless was very... odd.
The formula is nothing I've experienced before. It doesn't drag and isn't drying but its almost slippery on the lips and applies streaky and patchy. I can't believe how patchy it looked on my lips. The consistency was a weird weight on my lips and I couldn't stand it. I haven't looked at the ingredients but it feels similar to how silicone based products feel. It doesn't adhere to the lips well and I get very nervous about it slipping and sliding on my lips and smearing.
Not a win for me unfortunately. Some of the other colors look lovely but not sure if I will try those. I might try some of the lacquer balms instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference nc30-35, warm, yellow, oily

Right now I'm about an nc30!

I have purchased the original Revlon balm stains when they first came out. To be honest, I thought they were over hyped and alright. I ended up giving them away or just forgetting about them.

So when I heard that revlon was coming out with the matte and lacquer balm stains, I didn't get excited.... Until I saw the shade "shameless".

"Shameless" is a gorgeous medium purple that reminds me of Barney. It's not grape-ish/plummy/eggplant. It's just purple to me.

This shade is part of the matte balm line, which is really weird because when applied, it has a nice sheen to it. I did not find the formula drying at all, which I would automatically assumed once seeing the word "matte".

This product does have the peppermint scent that the original balm stains had. I personally don't have a problem with the scent. I actually find it refreshing.

As long as you properly moisturize and exfoliate your lips prior to application, it looks gorgeous on the lips.

Formula is creamy so it can get a bit messy. I don't think I would ever wear this shade without lining my lips first. For a deeper lip, I love pairing this with mac's nightmoth lip liner.

I love wearing this lip stain with a neutral eye. Mac's "Era" on the lid with "soft brown" and "quarry" in the crease. I think this lippie would look awesome with a camel/mustard neutral eye.

Definitely would repurchase! ;)

Edit 4/10/14:

I recently picked up "sultry". The swatches I've seen online looked darker than in person. Overall, this is a gorgeous color. On me, it's a medium rosy pink color that makes me teeth look super white. Lip color goes great with simple eye makeup, especially when you need a pop of color to brighten up face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by carlyalicia

I love these! So far I have used 2 shades but I want to collect them all! The pigmentation is great, awesome formula, great packaging, affordable and a nice light peppermint smell - I can't say enough good things about this product!