November 29, 2014 | 1002 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I have it in two shades (the true red and the coral) and both are super moisturising and truly matte. they're fairly average i'd say but I think it's an affordable matte and for that i'm giving it three lippies. the lipstick is extremely pigmented and quite a thick consistency so when you reapply it over the top of it sometimes it turns into too much of a thick layer and gathers a little, so if you want to reapply i'd recommend blotting and rubbing off the majority of the product first to avoid that. I love the packaging and it also has a lovely slight smell of peppermint to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the shade "elusive." Very pretty color that works well with my very fair skin and blonde hair. I was excited to try it but even when my lips are perfectly smooth, it settles into the natural lines of my lips. To be honest I almost threw this product away. However, I figured out if you put lip gloss on top (NYX butter gloss in strawberry parfait) it looks quite nice :) The staying power isn't good if you're eating/drinking but it lasts well if you don't touch your lips. It feels very comfortable as well. Overall, I'll continue to use this but I prefer lip products that you can wear alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Such a great product! I only have 2 shades so far, one is a bright red and the other a dark red. Both have great staying power and fade gradually leaving your lips stained (obviously the lighter shades will not stain your lips, duh).
I love that the texture is smooth and creamy and does not dry out your lips which is rare for a mat lip anything.
I am planning on purchasing more of the boulder colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For starters, LOVED their Just Bitten Balm + Stains, and I've never tried their Kissable Balm Stains, but I just know if I purchase that product, I'll fall in instant love since both Revlon lip products from the general line are AMAZING.

CONS:
Strong peppermint fragrance (which I enjoy).
Label rubs off overtime and is cheap over all (same with the Balm + Stains).
May come off as slightly expensive to some.

PROS:
Perfect amount of moisturization and pigmentation balanced.
Variety of colours is quite nice, but they lean more to the pinks rather than the oranges (which isn't too much of a problem for any fair skinned girls).
Stains the lips for a VERY LONG time (further than the Balm + Stains).
Gives the lips a matte look.
Very creamy so no sticky-residue, but feels like a body butter over your lips.
Extremely LIGHTWEIGHT and I cannot feel it on my face at all.
Great to use on the cheeks as a blusher.

Wow. Didn't think a crayon texture could leave my lips looking so moist, pigmented, all while giving that lightweight yet long lasting feel to my lips.

AMAZING product and is defintiely my favourite of ALL REVLON PRODUCTS, including some of their face products and mascaras I really did enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in standout. the colour is beautiful, one of my favourite reds. it also lasts hours! but be careful when applying because the colour smudges from lips to face easily, even hours after application. overall though it's a gorgeous colour, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. will repurchase, maybe in other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by magnusbee

absolutely love love love these lip balms! I got myself a makeup alley account just so i can tell everyone how good these are. I've been looking at reviews before i buy any cosmetics for a long time and they really help informing you about the product before you buy them so i just needed to say this.
i got the shades sultry sulfureuse, mischievous maliciuse and shameless desinvolte. they are all absolutely beautiful, moisturizing on the lips, matte, pigmented, light feeling and the mint feeling and smell is great, leaves your lips feeling fresh and cool.
have already showed all my friends and 110% would recommend this to anyone! If you're looking for a matte lip colour this is definitely worth the money. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Itrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I put this as good value as I brought a set of 5 for NZD$45, got the shades sultry, elusive, whimsical, demure and provocative. All these shades suit me which is amazing. I find the matte balms very creamy yet still matte and they last quite a while. Would recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Channylala

A product has never dried my lips as much as this one. I had hopes for this due to the good reviews but it just didn't work for me. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Jkgraika

I got this in the shade 210/Unapologetic. I like product its cream and highly pigmented. However I don't know if I would buy it in this shade. It's very pink and just didn't look good on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors I bought were Sultry and Standout and I will review them below:

Sultry - For me, this is a perfect nude+. I have fair-ish skin (NC25) but naturally dark lips (pinkish brown). This makes nude and pink products tricky for me to find, and bold colors are my comfort zone. This is perfect for daytime, work and school. Definitely nothing show-stopping, but makes my overall appearance nicer. It's not drying at all and does not highlight flakiness. Definitely a staple and I will definitely be picking up a spare.

Standout - The brightest red of the bunch. I love red lipsticks and unless they pull too blue, I can rock it. This is a nice bright red that I love using at night-time. It's not fussy to apply, and I can do it quickly in the car (for example) with no need for lipliner. It lasts soooo long. Even with eating and drinking, there's generally no need for me to re-apply. Since it's a bold red, it will cling to flakiness and things like that. That's just to be expected. The color itself is not original, but I appreciate the convenience and ease of use.

TLDR: SO easy to use, moisturizing, lasts for hours and hours, fun choice of colors, slightly minty, and a decent price. Fully recommend.