Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

4.1

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

on 7/1/2015 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I looooove these matte balms. I got the deep red/wine one and it's amazing! Stays forever on and make my lips look full and amazing. I did not love the nude one cause it's too yellow ish for me, but I'm mixing it up with other shades cause I love the formula. I'm not a huuuge fan of the minty feeling it leaves, but I can definitely live with that. Great choice if like me you're kind of a mess when it comes to using lipstick (all those years sticking to glosses killed my lipstick skills), the chubby pencil form makes them super easy to put on. I'm definitely getting more of these!

on 6/29/2015 11:39:00 PM

I have this in standout I love the color a dark red beautiful color I don't like the peppermint feel but I can live with it the packaging reminds me of a crayon kinda cute .....yep that's my opinion

on 6/29/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love the feel of these on my lips, love the slight stain they leave behind but I absolutely hate the peppermint taste. I drink lots of water and I don't want to taste peppermint. So disappointed after I bought several of these after they first came out and found they are flavored.

on 6/21/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have this color in Unapologetic. I am actually really surprised at the staying power and it feels really nice on the lips.

I would definitely like to try more, but I would buy from a seller other than Revlon themselves since the CEO has said negative things about Black people. That is the only negative.

A lot of people will like these. I wanted to, and almost did. However, there were a few things that made me give up on them.
I have these in the shades Elusive, Standout, and Unapologetic. I only have Unapologetic because it came with a box of tampons, and the colour (a vivid coral pink) does not suit me at all. I only put that on once and never wore it out of the house. I had higher hopes for Elusive, a muted, medium kind of pink, but I found it settled into the lines of my lips in an unflattering way, and there was just something not quite right about the colour on me. Standout was exactly that for me - I loved this shade. It's a beautiful blue-based red, and the contrast with my pale skin was lovely for the winter.
They are all creamy to apply and highly pigmented. They go on sale quite cheap too, about $6. They are quite drying on my lips, and although most matte lip products are, these contain peppermint, a known drying ingredient that obviously is not helping matters. Much more drying than the creamy matte lipsticks by Maybelline, for instance.
My main issue with these is not something that is exclusive to this product, but with these, I finally became fed up and swore I wouldn't buy any more. I've bought this lip crayon design from several brands, as it's become increasingly popular and initially, it is appealling. Application is easy at first, because the crayon is nice and pointy. The problem is, if you find one you like and wear it often, the point wears down to this round "nubbin", and it becomes very difficult to apply without going outside the lines of your lips. With a regular lipstick, the angle is mostly kept right until the last tiny bit, and with this design, you get halfway through and it becomes almost unusable straight from the tube. Whenever I tried to apply Standout after using for a while, it became very messy because it was too round to be precise, and I gave up using it altogether.
If this is not a problem for you, I would not dissuade you from using this product. For me, it was unnecessarily frustrating, and I will stick to regular shaped lipsticks from now on.

on 6/15/2015 3:43:00 AM

I own the shades "unapologetic", "audacious" and "standout" (my favorite). The colors and pigmentation are divine but since they're balms and therefore very creamy, I feel like they smear and stain a bit and I always have to check on my lips throughout the day to make sure that everything's okay. This is the only con, I'd say. Overall, they're a great product!

on 6/10/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Elusive. I LOVE the colour, very pretty pink that is not too bright nor too brown. It suits my complexion! The formula goes on buttery and pigmented but it accentuates my cracked lips, which is shame, consequently I don't wear this as much. It doesn't dry out my lips nor moisturise them. The colour does transfer and not as long lasting as kissable lip balm stain. This is very disappointing as I love the kissable balm stain due to its staining power and moisturising property but I don't like the colour (honey douche - too brown and dark for my liking). If they make Elusive colour in the balm stain, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Right now, I'm still searching for a moisturising stain with this colour.

on 5/31/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in Sultry a few days ago and I love it! I'm new to lip crayons, even more so to the concept of tinted balms. Revlon can get really pricey in Singapore, and I've never had a good experience with any of their products. This was a real game changer. It has a minty scent and leaves your lips feeling tingly for a while. I am able to go through a full meal without having to do any touch-ups, but I still do for the sake of it. Transfer is minimal, which is crucial when I go out with my family as my brother is quite iffy about me leaving lipstick stains on straws and bottles. I can't speak for the other shades though!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS, DID NOT STAY ON LONG, WASTE OF $$$$$$$

on 4/28/2015 3:27:00 PM

I bought these in every single color & the opaqueness/pigmentation of these seems to vary from color to color. The only colors worth trying are Sultry, Shameless & Standout. The rest aren't very pigmented @ all which makes it super noticeable when it gathers/settles in lip lines/creases. I returned all except the 3 colors mentioned above & have actually finished & repurchased the color Sultry, which is a great MLBB color for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials