October 2, 2014 | 986 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors I bought were Sultry and Standout and I will review them below:

Sultry - For me, this is a perfect nude+. I have fair-ish skin (NC25) but naturally dark lips (pinkish brown). This makes nude and pink products tricky for me to find, and bold colors are my comfort zone. This is perfect for daytime, work and school. Definitely nothing show-stopping, but makes my overall appearance nicer. It's not drying at all and does not highlight flakiness. Definitely a staple and I will definitely be picking up a spare.

Standout - The brightest red of the bunch. I love red lipsticks and unless they pull too blue, I can rock it. This is a nice bright red that I love using at night-time. It's not fussy to apply, and I can do it quickly in the car (for example) with no need for lipliner. It lasts soooo long. Even with eating and drinking, there's generally no need for me to re-apply. Since it's a bold red, it will cling to flakiness and things like that. That's just to be expected. The color itself is not original, but I appreciate the convenience and ease of use.

TLDR: SO easy to use, moisturizing, lasts for hours and hours, fun choice of colors, slightly minty, and a decent price. Fully recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty on the fence on these; I love the stains, and these are nice too, I'm just not getting where the "matte" comes from. Definitely takes a lot of exfoliating before every application, and even then it can look patchy, kind of like a smeary matte that collects in any fine lines in your lips and looks alright from a distance but terrible close up. I have these in Complex and Mischievous and find this applies to both of them, so I am hesitant to try any other color and will probably eventually finish the ones I have but not replace them afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell. Peppermint. Def not matte. Creamy. Must exfoliate lips before putting this on, orbit will show through. I have this in unapologetic. Great packaging. Slides on smoothly with no dragging. Lasts a whole before you need to sharpen it. Easy to create a defined outlined lip with just one product. Beautiful bright pink color. Would likebtontrynother colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by luigi007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again!! I bought this in sultry at unichem in Auckland, NZ

I was looking for a my-lips-but-better lipstick for university and this is so perfect.
It's easy to apply and lasts for a long time.
It's easy to build up the colour or if you just want a subtle colour it's just as good.
It has a minty smell to it but it doesn't last long so it's not too strong which is nice.

I think the main point that sold me on this was how I didn't need to apply any lip balm before to be able to apply the lipstick evenly though it's matte it doesn't dry out my lips.

It's around $22 here so it's not the cheapest product for a student like me, but it lasts a long time and it's a staple for my everyday makeup routine

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleynmlw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Sultry, Shameless &Standout and l must say l love the rosy look the Sultry had against my complexion - brown with yellow undertones.
1. They feel like satin on the lips.
2. They stay long enough - you get what you pay for really..
3. Matte but not drying! Yayyy!
Love love love these but only 4 stars because there isn't much product and that pen looks huge!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by thatbarrelracer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only tried one of theses babies. I bought the color Shameless. I have always wanted to try purple on my lips. When I found this, I thought it would be a little easier than using lipstick since it's a balm. This product wasn't for me. I love it. I won't be using it again until I find a purple lip liner though. I will be trying other colors because I really like the product. If you come across this review and know of a cheap or reasonably priced purple lip liner, please message me. Because I would love to know what it is!

I will be editing this review as I try colors of this product because I feel that each color deserves a review because certain colors don't look good on certain skin tones, and I feel that I could help someone like me from making a bad purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by danapaige

Colors are so bold and pretty. Perfect for everyday wear. I'm obsessed!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a great matte lip color! And from a drugstore brand, no less. Mind you, it wasn't cheap, $10 plus tax. I got #215 "Shameless," which is a purple. Quite pigmented, delightfully matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by colettemeek

Really like these, much better than the colorburst lacquer ones. Decent staying power, easy to apply and a lovely, non-overpowering scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Shameless and it's an excellent dupe for MACs Heroine. Actually I think Shameless has more staying power. It also has a pleasant "minty" smell and feel at almost half the price. If you see it grab it since this color tends to sell out pretty quick. especially when they're on sale.