Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

on 8/26/2015 2:44:00 AM

The only thing I wish for is for the packaging to be easier to handle, as it accidentally had the top falling off in my purse once or twice, and for the price to be cheaper here in Japan...
Other than that, this is my baby lipbalm and I am already on my second pen in shade #25, which we don't have a name for but looks like an extremely bold pink that you can build up from very fair to boom baby-level easily. It does need reapplying every three hours, but for the price and the result I don't mind at all. It's such a great colour and has really become the statement of 2015 for me.

on 8/22/2015 6:45:00 PM

See, I have three shades, and I love two out of three. Sultry is hands down my favorite, followed by elusive. Sultry is that KJ mauvey lip color, and elusive is a pretty pink color. They are minty and go on smooth, and if you wear them for awhile, there's no transfer at all. However, I also bought the shade "audacious" which is a melon coral color. I HATE this. While the color is beautiful and makes you look tan, the formula is so different. It goes on and kind of bunches up in certain areas, and if you try to fix it with your finger, it doesn't help at all. Think you're gonna put more on to rectify it? WRONG. It bunches up more. If all of the shades were as good as sultry and elusive, this would be a 5 lippie product easily. But, I have heard complaints about the peachy color as well, and I can only give them 3 stars because the formula is inconsistent. Fix the formula Revlon, I know you are capable of greatness! I would repurchase sultry and elusive over and over given the opportunity.

on 8/21/2015 11:55:00 PM

Works well and I like the minty scent but the colours are not the greatest. Gives great coverage and colour impact.

on 8/9/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the peach colour. The exact name isnt coming to me. I hated it! Nice minty scent but poor application . It didnt give any much coverage and appeared to be drying . It made my lips look rough and it's very chalky. Wouldnt repurchase, wouldnt recommend. Idk about the other colours but that peach one is definitely a no-no.

on 8/9/2015 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pros: Good color payoff and last pretty long, not overly drying. Not expensive.

Cons: Mint scent which I personally dont like and sometimes it accentuates fine lines on lips.

on 7/31/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I like these and wear them often.

That being said, there is an annoying thing that happens towards the end of the day - for lack of a better term, the lipstick starts getting kind of pilly. Like, I get weird flakey chunks of lipstick mixed with dead skin. It's not attractive. (This issue seems slightly better with the matte balm stain, though.) I can get around this by wiping all my lipstick off and reapplying, which is kind of annoying.

But other than that, I really like the colors and pigmentation. And they seem to go on sale frequently enough!

on 7/30/2015 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have Sultry and Standout and I mixed feelings about these two. I really love the matte colors and the fact that they last if you don't eat or drink right away, I love the feeling on my lips when I wear them. What I don't like is the packaging (I checked how much product there is and I think the tube is too long for what's inside) and once you have been using them for a while, that pretty crayon-like tip goes away. This makes the application a little bit difficult and sometimes I find myself cleaning the product outside my lips.

on 7/28/2015 11:32:00 AM

OH MY GOD. These are probably the best lip sticks I have ever used. I prefer matte over shiny any day, and every other matte lip color I've used dries and makes my lips look cracked and flakey. these go on creamy, dry to a beautiful velvety suede matte finish, and there is 0 color transfer. I can literally get 8 hours of wear without it smudging, smearing, fading, or feathering. love love love.

on 7/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have these in several shades and love them all. I reach for these all the time as well as the lacquer ones but the matte ones are my favourites because they last longer. The best is Sultry, a rosy nude. You can wear it alone, use it to blend a lipstick that is wearing off, or use a pencil liner to create a sculpted lip. These feel slightly minty but in a refreshing way. Although I love the lip crayons in nearly all brands and they are almost all good, I have to say these are the most beautiful and wearable shades.

Love the finish, super matte - super lustrous and creamy, and smells clean and minty (I don't usually care for sweet smelling products)

Loved the packaging, pointed like a pencil and in a crayon type twist up!

I found it did transfer a LOT. I'd sneeze into a tissue and found it caught so much of it! Tried with a lip liner base AND with some transparent finishing powder, but that didn't help much at all.

Loved the colour Sultry, I found it such a rare colour to come in matte lip products, just the transferability really kills it for me. Will be searching for a matte, identical colour alternative, I don't think there's anything that could transfer this much :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials