December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kristinaregina

I got this in two shades: Shameless and Audacious. Didn't dry my lips, though it flaked a bit. Audacious is a shade great fot everyday, and Shameless is, well, not for the faint of heart, 😊

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jnerd

I am a big fan of matte lip colors, so I was very excited when this product came out. I picked up the shade "Showy" 220 which is a bright pink. When I swatched it on my arm, it looked great and was very pigmented. But then I put it on my lips.... horrible! It went on patchy and exageratted every area of dryness or fine line. After only an hour or so of wear, it had worn off on the inner parts of the lip leaving the dreaded "lip liner" look around my lip edges. I loved the color, so I loaded up on balm and did everything I could to try and make this work, but ultimately I ended up having to throw it away.

I have heard that while some of the shades are very chalky, other shades go on smoothly and have great staying power. I'll probably try one more shade of this product before offering a final judgement on this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the formula. It's matte but not drying at all. It's actually slightly minty and moisturizing. There is only ONE color that worked for me though (NC42), Standout, a deepish red. The rest of them all looked garish. Also I hate that they are not shrink-wrapped. Most of them were tested/used! Revlon shrink wraps most of their other lippies, why not these? I also think ten bucks is too much. I tried this because CVS has them on sale for 40% off, and I had a $7 off $17 coupon from the scanner box.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bessyleyh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Cute packaging. It stays up to 8 hours actually, I had coffee and ate and it's still there. Will definitely buy the other colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by KIRAN94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own this product in Shameless, Sultry, and Elusive. I love the minty smell of the balms and the finish is a nice semi-matte, not quite fully matte, but it's still very nice.The lasting power is impressive when used with a lip primer. I would recommend these to anyone who wants to buy a quality product on a budget. They are highly pigmented and have great payoff. I would purchase again, and will probably purchase more! Ps. Shameless is a beautiful purple for fall and you should try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I have it in two shades (the true red and the coral) and both are super moisturising and truly matte. they're fairly average i'd say but I think it's an affordable matte and for that i'm giving it three lippies. the lipstick is extremely pigmented and quite a thick consistency so when you reapply it over the top of it sometimes it turns into too much of a thick layer and gathers a little, so if you want to reapply i'd recommend blotting and rubbing off the majority of the product first to avoid that. I love the packaging and it also has a lovely slight smell of peppermint to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the shade "elusive." Very pretty color that works well with my very fair skin and blonde hair. I was excited to try it but even when my lips are perfectly smooth, it settles into the natural lines of my lips. To be honest I almost threw this product away. However, I figured out if you put lip gloss on top (NYX butter gloss in strawberry parfait) it looks quite nice :) The staying power isn't good if you're eating/drinking but it lasts well if you don't touch your lips. It feels very comfortable as well. Overall, I'll continue to use this but I prefer lip products that you can wear alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Such a great product! I only have 2 shades so far, one is a bright red and the other a dark red. Both have great staying power and fade gradually leaving your lips stained (obviously the lighter shades will not stain your lips, duh).
I love that the texture is smooth and creamy and does not dry out your lips which is rare for a mat lip anything.
I am planning on purchasing more of the boulder colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For starters, LOVED their Just Bitten Balm + Stains, and I've never tried their Kissable Balm Stains, but I just know if I purchase that product, I'll fall in instant love since both Revlon lip products from the general line are AMAZING.

CONS:
Strong peppermint fragrance (which I enjoy).
Label rubs off overtime and is cheap over all (same with the Balm + Stains).
May come off as slightly expensive to some.

PROS:
Perfect amount of moisturization and pigmentation balanced.
Variety of colours is quite nice, but they lean more to the pinks rather than the oranges (which isn't too much of a problem for any fair skinned girls).
Stains the lips for a VERY LONG time (further than the Balm + Stains).
Gives the lips a matte look.
Very creamy so no sticky-residue, but feels like a body butter over your lips.
Extremely LIGHTWEIGHT and I cannot feel it on my face at all.
Great to use on the cheeks as a blusher.

Wow. Didn't think a crayon texture could leave my lips looking so moist, pigmented, all while giving that lightweight yet long lasting feel to my lips.

AMAZING product and is defintiely my favourite of ALL REVLON PRODUCTS, including some of their face products and mascaras I really did enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in standout. the colour is beautiful, one of my favourite reds. it also lasts hours! but be careful when applying because the colour smudges from lips to face easily, even hours after application. overall though it's a gorgeous colour, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. will repurchase, maybe in other shades