March 1, 2015 | 2227 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 4:42:00 PM More reviews by surferrosa

Super impressed for a drugstore product. I'd compare the look to any of MAC's matte lipsticks. It's easy to apply as well, nicely pigmented and goes on opaque with only one layer. Feels really creamy for a matte lipstick and has a nice mint scent/flavouring so it feels like you're wearing regular lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2015 2:08:00 AM More reviews by NatashaLynn77

I think this is a very good product. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes the look of a matte lipstick. This was my first time trying a matte lipstick and I love the look of it! I have the colour 'Showy' number 220. I love the way it looks and it feels so good on the lips. When you first apply it, it is rich and creamy and you don't have to apply very much for a good coverage. It is very opaque. It dries within a couple of minutes and then you can't even feel it on your lips anymore. The colour is very rich and vibrant and lasts a long time. It's not the type of lipstick that you have to be reapplying all the time. Even after eating and drinking your lips are still stained with the colour. However the very first time I put it on my lips I found it really bright and I wasn't sure if it would suit me. But the more often I wore it the more it grew on me. Now I love the colour and how it stands out and is noticeable. And the way it makes your lips feel is nice too. After it sets into your lips, which takes about a minute, it doesn't even feel like you have any lipstick on. It's like you just apply it and forget about it. I am considering buying more of this product for sure!! Just not sure which colours to choose. I also purchased one of the lacquer balms in the 'coquette' colour number 110. I love this one too!! Looks great! But it is a lot more sheer and you have to apply a little more. Definitely does not last as long on your lips and you can feel it on the lips. It has a metallic sparkle as well. It looks beautiful in the sun. Overall not as good of a product as the matte balms. I would definitely recommend buying the matte balm over the lacquer balm. The lacquer balm is more like just your regular lipstick but the matte balm is a whole other product and it is so nice to wear! I think you will be happy with the product! Overall two thumbs up!! Give it a chance because I think you'll love it! 😀👍

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2015 3:55:00 PM More reviews by thagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this in elusive. I love the color even though it shows up much brighter than I thought.
It feels really buttery on the lips and doesn't dry them out. It also stays on for a considerable amount of time. Furthermore, it has a minty smell, which I quite like.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2015 7:48:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I have this in the shade 'Audacious' which is a coral, orange colour.

At first when I applied this I thought I was having some crazy allergic reaction but it was actually just the peppermint flavour which I didn't realise it had before I purchased! Quite a strange scent to have for what I would class as a lipstick but actually quite pleasant.

I would say that this does have a matte finish and I do love the creamy feel, like MAC matte lipsticks this doesn't 'set' so therefore you still have that creamy feeling way after you've applied this!

I love the shade and I love the hydrating feel of this, I also love the crayon style applicator, I find these the easiest applicators to use if you can't find a mirror and want to top up.

I JUST WISH THIS LASTED LONGER! This fades on me within 2/3 hours, on a good day, and has completed vanished 5/6 hours after applying it and for this reason I probably wouldn't purchase again!

Collection (previously Collection 2000) do a great matte coral colour in their 'Cream Puff' collection for around 2.99 which I've found to last considerably longer than the ColourBurst balms, and they're half the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Yes yes yes! I love these. I have this in complex (nude) and shameless (dark purple) . These are almost impossible to pick up at my store because they're always out of stock but I really want to get showy. These have great pigmentation and have a minty smell that tingles your lips lightly. Shameless is just an awesome dark purple for fall/winter. Complex I have a love hate feel for. It's a really pretty nude color but it's not the greatest color for my light skin, and it also can accentuate dry spots on your lips more as lighter shades tend to do in Matte lipsticks. These are pricier lipsticks for drugstore and the color selection is limited but the colors they do have are really pretty and the packaging is cute. I suggest you pick one up and try it out!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 12:36:00 AM More reviews by makeup4ever15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh... I have the shade Elusive, a pinky color...I thought it would be a lot more mauve toned than coral, first disappointment. And, this settles into the lines in my lips, and it clings to any dryness my lips might have. It might just be the light shade though, because the darker they are, the better they look, or so they appear on reviews and such. They are quite pigmented, hydrating, and oh so creamy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 2:30:00 PM More reviews by amandaisart

I love this balm! I got it in "Audacious" back a while ago for my junior prom, and it's just wonderful: the color is fantastic and nicely pigmented, but can be toned down for a more subtle look; it's not drying on the lips, and has a comfortable creamy texture; and it has a lovely mint scent, but this can also be a con to some. My only issue is that the staying power could be better, but it's not a big deal to me. The packaging is simple and sturdy, and I feel comfortable just tossing it into my bag. I definitely plan on purchasing more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:10:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this product is probably the most durable lip color i have tried. the color is still on my lips even after eating. because it is matte it can be somewhat drying; i usually apply it over lip balm to keep my lips feeling moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Artemisian

I have a few shades, but mostly I'm rating Sultry. It's a perfect colour for me - dull matte pinkish shade, it feels lovely on, and it lasts quite well considering it's not a feature. Only reason I'm not giving 5 is that technically it's not perfect due to not being longwearing, but otherwise it is!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the shade Complex
I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this if I've ever ran out
For you to be able to wear this Matte Balm you have to have super moisturised lips!
If not you will end up looking like a corpse & thats not cute.
You need to have the right amount of moisture on your lips first before applying this because if its too dry you will end up looking like a corpse (as i said) if its too moist this product will move around & its hard to apply it evenly, every time you smack your lips together, it will leave out lines. But when your lips are perfectly moisturised this is a decent lip product. Nothing to write home about though.