The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

It cleanses everything on your face perfectly..and the butter easily removes with water

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I loved the way that this removed makeup, but I hated the filmy glaze it left on my eyes. I would highly advise against using this for removing eye makeup - even though it works really well! I had that awful cloudy film for a good 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure that's not good for the eyes. Overall it's a good product.

On my bi-yearly airport visit, which seems to coincide with the best sales of the year, the associate convinced me to try the Cleansing Butter. She has sensitive skin and says it's a keeper among TBS staff who wear makeup and those who have dry skin for daily use. Most eye makeup removers irritate the hell out of my skin, especially the liquids. This is heavenly in every regard.

Yes to Carrots Makeup Removing Lotion was my jam for years, but it's been discontinued forever. That previous holy grail didn't work as perfectly as this stuff does. Usually, it's the paranoia that makeup removers don't actually remove everything that drives me to clean my face again with the regular cleanser.

By warming up the butter in my fingers and spreading it around my face and through my eyelashes, the makeup on my face (even under my super-hold finishing spray and over sticky primers) dissolves into a slippery mess. Then, using a warm and soft damp washcloth to wipe off the butter gives you that bit of manual exfoliation. You can just use your toners, serums, sunscreens, moisturizers, etc. after the cleanser. It really keeps the skin hydrated without leaving that squeaky-clean and uncomfortable tightness from most liquid cleansers.

I'm skeptical that a cleansing butter will truly clean my acne-prone skin well enough, so I still use my Paula's Choice liquid cleanser after using this (unless I've had too much wine and know I'll need a hungover bath in the morning.) I'm exceptionally prone to acne right now, though, so this may change when it passes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This cleansing balm has surpassed all my expectations. Make up dissolves away seamlessly I use a hand cloth to wipe away all residue. I also have Clinique take the day off balm at £22 I would say the body shop butter is a better product and great value for money. I've used it to take off jet black mascara and urban decay perversion eyeliner which let me tell you is a bugger to get off. This butter is amazing I will stick to this from now on.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an excellent product for the price. I love the hot cloth cleansing method as I feel it does the most for my skin. A little bit of this butter goes a long way. With the warmth of your fingers it turns into an oil that makes everything melt off. I use the TBS muslin cloth with it to remove and it's easy-peasy. The butter emulsifies with water and rinses very quickly without leaving any greasy residue behind. I use this mainly for taking off make up which means I use a second cleanser to cleanse the skin. Another pro of this product is that it will last ages, since you get a lot and use only the tiniest amount each time.

Sumptuous is really the perfect description for this lovely cleansing balm :)
I love cleansing oils and have used them for years but many brands would leak around the cap and make a mess which drove me nuts!
No mess with this bad boy, it's packaged in a flat tin which I find easy to open. I scoop out a fingertip full and massage it over my face, ahhh. I find it such a soothing way to cleanse, and really look forward to washing off the day with this.
I'd definitely recommend using it with a wash cloth, as I would any cleansing oil, as they need to be removed and can't just be washed away.
Five stars for this one, it's reasonably priced here in Australia and feels so luxurious. Doesn't bug my eyes and is very soothing to skin. Love.

It doesn't breakout my sensitive dry skin, it's very gentle and makes my skin feel soft afterwards. I haven't figured out how to use it to remove makeup(?!), when I've tried the makeup melts but doesn't come off. I think the price is ok, I like the packaging.

This cleansing butter remove all my make and sunscreen but I don't use it to remove my eye makeup or lipstick because it has fragrance. Great for my super sensitive combination acne prone skin even with the fragrance it did not cause any irritation or aggravate my dermatitis not even a breakout. The texture is more of a light balm when you work it in it melt into a oil quick and easily. This is not as thick as a lot of other cleansing balms it melt into a light oil. Usually when I use a oil or balm type cleanser it causes irritation and breakout even when I double cleanse with a separate cleanser but not for this one. It rinses off without leave a sticky or heavy greasy residue nor did it over dry my skin but I still double cleanser. This does not contain mineral oil. Mineral oil is basically petroleum jelly/vaseline. The base oils are olive oil, annus seed oil and sunflower seed oil. It also contains synthetic wax but is not waxy at all. This is also cheaper compared to other more popular cleansing balms. The only con is it contain parfum fragrance without the fragrance this would be even better than the other more popular brand since it doesn't contain mineral oil.

I bought this along with some of the camomile cleansing oil and love this. It's a very rich-feeling butter, and you only need a tiny bit. I scoop a bit, rub between my hands, apply all over my face, concentrating on my eyes, and it rinses all off, taking off even mascara and eyeliner. Plus it leaves skin feeling soft. In the winter, this and the cleansing oil, were particularly helpful in fighting off dryness, and I'm still using it as the mercury rises. I'd gripe about the price of the product, but The Body Shop often has sales where you can get 40 percent off or buy two, get two free, that you rarely have to pay full price. And a little goes such a long way.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this cleansing butter. It takes makeup off better than anything I've ever used before, including waterproof mascara. A little bit goes a LONG way, so the tin lasts forever. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because I can no longer use it due to the fact that it irritates my eyes (it still works great for removing face makeup).