November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I like this product, it smells nice, gets all waterproof make up off easily and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I haven't use many solid cleansers so I can't really compare this to anything, I will say that I don't usually like to use too much on my face as I have super acne prone skin, this doesn't irritate me at all and does a great job of removing make up. Would repurchase on a voucher code or sale

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by littlemaki

HG

This product is lovely, you get so much and only have to use little while using ! It even takes off my eyeliner and mascara and doesn't sting my eyes when I rub the product around. After using it I wet/dry my face & soak some Bioderma micellar water on a cotton pad to make sure there is nothing left - and the cotton pad is clean ! Lovely product, surprise it doesn't have more reviews
Packaging is a little hard to open at first, just use a kitchen knife and insert the blade in the cover to pop some air :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by vymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite part of my night time skin routine. I appreciate how gentle it is because I have super sensitive skin. It takes my makeup off in a simple manner. It also smells amazing.

A little bit goes a long way!

I plan on repurchasing in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by katexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in my You Beauty Discovery beauty box, along with a muslin cloth, and I'm really pleased with it. I usually use Simple Eye Makeup Remover, but this was a nice change. It didn't make my eyes sting at all, and gets light makeup off very easily. Waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner takes a little more rubbing, but the product itself is gentle so I didn't find that it irritated my skin or anything like that. The smell is quite subtle and doesn't linger, which is fine. It's quite expensive (for me) but you don't need much so I think it'll last me quite a while. The only reason this is 4/5 rather than 5/5 is that it's a little bit more hassle to use than my usual Simple product, so I only tend to use it when I'm in the shower or if I have particularly stubborn makeup I need to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product but i dont love it. At first i couldn't open it, they twist it so hard. I had to bend it open.. Great packaging job TBH.. The product its self is good reminds me of Clinique take the day of Balm which is my HG but you get way too little for what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover90

I find this is a beautiful product to remove your face make up but i had big issues with using it to remove my eye makeup. I normally use ultra bland from lush which is a creamy, waxy textured makeup remover that i rub liberally into my lashes and eyes with no problems what so ever. The product doesn't sting or irritate at all. How ever when i rub this into my lashes its gets in my eyes and puts a blurry film over my eyes, it doesn't sting but just feels really gunky greasy on your eye balls. After finally washing it out of my eyes ( the film was still very slightly there) and woke up the next morning i had so much gunk built up in the corners of the eyes and on my lower lashes. It was like i had conjunctive itis! It was gross! My eyes weren't swollen or red i just had gunk building up in the corners of my eyes all day. I tried it a second time being extremely careful not to get it in my eyes but the same thing happened. So i only used this on my face makeup now but i love the tin i think its gorgeous and it does a good job of removing foundation. Feels luxurious on the skin and smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

As someone with sensitive, combination skin, prone to breakouts at the mere whiff of additional oils etc, I was more than a little apprehensive about trying this. But the darn sales assistant in my local TBS pitched it so convincingly to me (won't make your skin greasier, has camomile in it so ideal for sensitive skin, brilliant at getting eye makeup off, etc) that I ended up getting it (although secretly I was kind of hoping I'd prove her wrong and could return victorious, showcasing my red, itchy skin and masses of spots).

For 12.00GBP this is quite a bit more than I would usually be prepared to pay for a cleanser from TBS. But that said, after using it for well over two months I'm pleased to report that this has not once left my skin feeling anything but super smooth and deliciously clean. And not a pimple or volcano-like eruption in sight!

The scent of this is definitely not going to be to everyone's taste (it's quite florally) but I don't find it overly offensive and it doesn't hang around once you've washed it off. The consistency is very soft and smooth - almost like candle wax that's still slightly warm and malleable - but once applied and rubbed into the skin it turns into a very light oil which is superb at getting even the most stubborn of mascara and eye makeup off. And as a bonus, this doesn't sting if you get some in your eyes.

A couple of tips I've picked up along the way whilst using this - I would highly recommend investing in a muslin face cloth as I've definitely found this to be the best way to remove the oil without leaving any behind. I'm guessing a flannel would probably work, but the muslin cloth also helps to exfoliate your skin, leaving it feeling nicely cleansed and ready for moisturising. The other thing is that a little goes a long way. A piece no bigger than a pound coin is plenty to get rid of my day's worth of makeup, although it's fair to say I don't wear a massive amount anyway. But still, even with a full-on face of makeup, I doubt you'd need much more.

Based on my experiences I would definitely be interested in getting some more of this once it finally runs out. And I'd also be open to trying some of the others that are now available on the market too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a nice little surprise this was at the Body Shop. I was looking for a gift for someone else when this caught my eye. The sales lady told me it was very gentle and good for all skin types. There was a sale on so it went down to a great price so I thought I'd give it a go. The sales assistant did advise me that it works best when removed with a muslin cloth, or at least a flannel. I have to say she was right. This won't rinse off with water alone. I use a sea sponge.

This butter removes even my waterproof makeup and it doesn't sting if it gets into my eyes. The only downside is I don't feel clean after using it. I feel like I need another cleanser to remove the residue. If I skip another cleanser there's faint greasy marks on the towel. I have just toned and moisturised afterwards and my skin was fine but I'm an old fashioned foaming cleanser girl at heart. The other downside is if you wanted to give your skin a really good cleanse and cleanse twice, you'd need to dry your face between usages as it works much better on dry skin.

This is quite calming, and like I said - lives up to it's promise to remove makeup. I bought this to replace my dermalogica pre-cleanse which stings like crazy if it gets in my eyes.

Would I buy this again when it runs out? Probably not. Not because there's nothing wrong with it, but because there's so many oil cleansers on the market and I like trying new things. When I tire of liquid oil cleansers I'll come back to this butter though, as it feels almost decadent using it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by albs

What a great little product from The Body Shop. I had written off a lot of their products as being not worth the time or money, but this has changed my mind. It works very well to take off makeup and is very convenient. You don't have to worry about it spilling, and I love the tin packaging. It takes makeup off very well- no scrubbing required. I find it a little more difficult to get all of my mascara off but that's a common issue I have with all makeup removers. I always double cleanse when I use this because I don't want to risk breaking out. The scent is nice, and I don't like camomile as a rule, but it would be preferable if it was unscented. Also, I find it can be a little drying but that is easily remedied by my regular moisturizer. The only thing I like more than this is the cleansing oil version from The Body Shop, I find that it gets EVERYTHING off, and it does so with even less effort than this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite makeup remover at the moment, removes makeup and has a nice soft scent. I scoop some out with a clean finger and massage all over my face and eyes then add water and continue. I wash after with my CeraVe cleanser and a face cloth, the package says that you can just wipe off with warm water and a muslin cloth or wash cloth but since I'm acne prone I cleanse after to make sure there is no left over residue at all. The reason I like this is that it leaves my skin super soft and I don't have to scrub my eyes or skin a gentle massage is all that's needed. The reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is that it takes more time that other removers, I usually just do it in the shower...but for something that works for me I don't mind spending a few extra minutes.