April 20, 2014 | 1004 users online

Blush - Kevyn Aucoin - The Creamy Glow Tresbelle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Housed inside a round cinnabar red enamel flip top compact is a gel based blush/lip pigment named Tresbelle. Creamy Glow is just that but more glow than creamy. First off, I have to state that I have a low application skill set for cream blushers. I'm still finding my way here but am navigating slowly. This color appears to be a muted mauve pink brown. Don't think you need to load a lot of product onto your finger, you do not. This is one of those products that is best layered to desired intensity or else you'll look clown like. I know I did. What I do is lightly glide my ring finger across the blush and gently tap the pigment just under my cheek bone. I then quickly blend the color in upward strokes to disperse. I rarely need more. I then seal the deal with my Alison Rafaelle translucent loose powder to set. This is also designed to be a lip gloss, or rather lip glow. But, my issue is that on the lip I much prefer this color as it is a really stunning matte pink. I line my lips and fill this in using pigment applied with my pinky finger. Getting back to the cheek, sometimes I apply a powder blush over this as contour. I experience no cheek color fade but have only used this as such in cooler weather as heat really makes my cream blushes fade to nothing. I doubt I'd repurchase, not because of any dislike, but because I don't use this often enough to ever need to. Great portable multitasking product. Kudos to Kevyn.