Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer BLEMISH CONTROL

3.1

Active: Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water, Squalane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Tocopheryl, Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cinnamomum Zelanicum Bark Extract, Honey Extract/Mel/Extrait De Miel, Panthenol, Sarcosine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Coco-Glucoside, Capryloyl Glycine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

This primer is decent. I've been using it for a month now under foundation and while it doesn't do a great job of keeping my skin from getting too oily, there seems to be less transfer with my foundation. Can't say it actually fights blemishes, but it doesn't cause them so that's a plus. It doesn't have the silky feel that the standard smashbox photo ready primer has; this formula is more like a very lightweight, fast-absorbing lotion. There is no unpleasant smell or feel to it, in my opinion. However, the product does have a tendency to separate easily... I have to shake up the tube before each use, otherwise it comes out messy and in two consistencies. I'm happy with it overall, although it isn't my holy grail primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer does a good job at holding on my make up so it wont melt off, and I have acne. When I applied it, first off I'm not a big fan of the smell (i don't know how to describe it) but i wasn't strong so it didn't bother me that much. I liked how my makeup looked and I went on with my day, but after an hour my skin really didn't like it and i started to get more pimples, so when I got home I had to remove it right away, I'm just happy that I got this as a sample from Sephora so I didn't feel bad when I threw it out.

Nothing more then a good primer however it does nothing for my redness

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sort of iffy on this product. I had bought it a while ago and heard great things from others about this product. I have oily skin and when I don't use the prescribed creams, I try other alternatives so my skin doesn't dry out and crack (which usually happens because the prescribed creams are drying). I had bought this product for about $50 from my local Shoppers Drug Mart and was excited to try it. It made my skin feel sticky and gross. On the back of the product and packaging, it says you can wear it on bear skin or under make up. I personally don't like to wear it under make up because it makes my skin sticky. However, it works best on bare skin (though it makes me personally look greasy). If you plan on purchasing this product, I recommend wearing it under liquid and cream facial products as pressed powders and some compact foundations will be hard to blend. I would rather have spent money on a regular primer and just stay on top of cleansing my face.

For years I have used the clear smashbox primer however I recently changed to the blemish control one after the man at the counter telling me it improved his skin. I was sure this would just break me out like everything new I usually try but within a few days I stopped getting spots and its cleared up my skin lots. It's pricey but 100% worth it, never found anything that helps my skin like this!! Don't go a day without it now!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when i saw that a foundation primer has salicylic acid inside, i had to try it, i have oily skin and i have alot of redness and sometimes i would get blemishes. when i heard that this primer helps prevent and treats blemish with 2% salicylic acid i had to get it. smashbox is a littel pricey, for a 30ml 1oz bottle it cost $42. thats alot for just a primer, thats more than some foundations, but i have to admit, this is my favorite primer, it really does what it says and it really helps my blemishes. i would buy again

This primer worked on non-problematic areas of my face, and it moisturizes and gives a smooth finish HOWEVER it broke me out badly! I have 4-5 active pimples on my face thanks to this primer. How can a product can do the opposite thing that it's offering. It is not a bad primer if you don't have sensitive skin or very dry/oily skin, and if it didn't break me out , I would have liked this product, but it did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this and really wanted it to work!! :/ I have moderate acne with active breakouts. It is improving so thought I would give this a try. I had it in my makeup box ready to use when my skin wasn't in full spaz mode. I applied this as per instructions with my Estée Lauder double wear over the top. It made my foundation crinkle, split and peel. It rolled into little bits on my nose and chin after an hour or two. I haven't EVER had a problem with DW before, it's my holy grail foundation. It actually gathered in my pores. Took back to smashbox counter in boots, explained it wasn't fit for purpose. Had no receipt but I would happily exchange instead of refund. She was adamant that it's my foundation and how I apply it. (I am an expert at covering my pebbledashed face but yeah, I was willing to hear her out) She gave me a sample of some smashbox foundation to try and use together. Tried again the following morning. Foundation was gross, had a patchy appearance and oxidised on my skin!! the primer did the same thing. Didn't bother returning as I seemed to put her out. Pros: Hygienic squeeze packaging. Good for avoiding contamination if you have acne prone skin. Cons: Price - I don't mind paying £20+ if the product works. Everything - this really doesn't work :( I recommend mac prep and prime skin. It has always worked for me :) I have quite dry patches due to my acne treatments and I can actually look dehydrated. This doesn't accentuate that. It's a similar price.

This product didn't do anything good or bad for my skin. Just added an extra step in my routine. Complete waste of money.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am not completely convinced that this product works, but I'm pretty sure it does. I have combination skin, with a severely oily t-zone. I did not start having acne problems until I was in my mid to late twenties, so I had no need for a primer, as I had no need for foundation. Now I'm in my early thirties, and I break out all the time. My nose and chin get red, so I need to wear concealer. I break out, so I need cover up. A vicious cycle, indeed. I find that I break out much less when I use this under my Dr. Jart black label BB cream (or any of my other sub par foundations), and that none of said foundations or my BB cream sink into the terribly large pores in my nose when I'm wearing this (as they do if I don't apply this beforehand, and it is not pretty. Crater Lake.)

Kudos, Smashbox. I should note that I haven't tried any other primers except Laura Mericer and the regular Smashbox primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors