August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Blush - Kevyn Aucoin - The Pure Powder Glow in Fira (Mango)

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this blush during a HauteLook sale, as I had been curious to try some products from the Kevyn Aucoin brand. I am incredibly impressed with the products as well as its performance.

The color is a very vibrant and loud deep orange color, and I have nothing like it in my current collection. It's so bright that it's almost frightening in the pan, however it's beautiful on the face. I'm a NW50/55 and really love the natural enhancement that peach and orange blushes impart on my dark skin. The first time I wore this, I was not expecting the intense deepness and vibrancy of the pigmentation. It is truly a highly pigmented blush and should be used with extreme caution! I lightly dipped the very tip of my blush brush and applied to the apples of my cheeks. This was more than enough for both sides. I would recommend using a fan or duo fiber brush to apply this.

In addition to being well pigmented, this blends beautifully with little effort and the blush lasts well over 10 hours and imparts the most beautiful and subtle 'glow' where applied. It's neither sparkly, glittery, or satiny...it just glows despite having a matte finish.

Some reviews have compared this to NARS Exhibit A, however I would beg to differ as I own both and find that Exhibit A is a bit redder, and doesn't have the glowing aspect. Fira leans more orange in color on my skin tone.

It's housed in a sleek package and comes along with a pretty sturdy brush. I don't ever see using this all because of how rich the color is, and how little is needed for an application. I would very strongly recommend this for those with very deep and rich skin tones, as it's potent and could very easily be overdone.

I am very impressed with the quality and will seek out more colors and hope that they're on HauteLook again. I believe regular retail at Nordstrom is $37, which is a bit on the pricey side, but I would definitely pay that and more for this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No