October 24, 2014 | 1590 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice palette to play with if you like to experiment with colors and wear them for clubbing because most of the colors have a black base to them and it will be quite dark, san the neutral ones at the bottom. I enjoyed using the palette myself for the entire year but won't be buying Vice 3 this year end.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 131pinkbirds

This is my favourite palette of all time. i like it better than the vice and vice 3 palette. I absolutly love this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Personally, I think that Urban Decay needs to make the Vice palettes part of their permanent collection. I absolutely adore this palette & use it alot. I would say it's probably the most versatile palette I own, as there are 20 shadows, & enough in there to create tons of looks. There's a good variety of lights & darks, neutrals & more colorful shades. And there's a good variety of textures as well. There are more metallic & pearly shades, but that's what Urban Decay is known for so that's to be expected. However there are some mattes. The packaging is gorgeous, you get a nice big mirror & the brush it comes with is nice as well. The shadows are very pigmented, & blend really nicely with little fallout. For $59 it isn't exactly cheap, however you are getting 20 colors so really it's not a bad deal at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent palette! I thought it would be too young and sparkly for me, but am having a ton of fun with it! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was an amazing purchase. My first eyeshadow from urban decay (I have only tried the primer potion prior to this). I just loved the colours and the range offered in this palette. Perfect for someone wears a whole host of colourful indian outfits. The pigmentation and staying power was great.... I had a destination wedding which I attended in thailand. A 5 day event, it was perfect for every occasion be it night or day. I just love it! It was unfortunately quite pricy, sold at about USD 67 in Sephora in Malaysia, but worth every penny. Even the packaging was great especially the huge mirror. I felt quite confident that my eyeshadows were 'safe' during the flight.
I would hands down re-purchase if I even ran out or lost it....Sadly its limited edition :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My boyfriend bought me this after hearing me rave about the Naked palette for almost a year. I was not disappointed! It's the perfect addition to my beloved Naked which has served me well for natural looks. This palette is great for spicing up a look with rich colourful shades that are simply amazing for nights out, and it also hosts an array of natural tones for day wear too, including some pinks which I don't have in my Naked palette. Very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by abbey1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this palette. The quality is amazing. This palette made me love urban decay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I missed out on the original so when this debuted there was no way I was missing out on this one so snapped it up quick and so pleased I did. This is love!

If you want variety - a selection of natural eye looks and bold and bright looks then this is the palette for you and how cool that it's all present in one palette. This has to be one of my most reached for in "just a little bit bigger than it should be collection".

Great packaging and decent sized mirror for travel though the palette itself is a little on the bulky side and had it been made a little slimmer would be the ideal travel companion. Maybe the next one UD.

I love all the browns, but the real stand outs for me that I can not get enough of are Coax: the prettiest pink and nothing like anything I already have. I also love Betrayal: an iridsecent metallic violet.. Shellshock: is a nice bright silver and Strike: a true gold. So many endless combinations of eye looks in the one palette.

They apply smoothly and are well pigmented and last true to colour all day with primer. The least pigmented that needs a bit of layering to get true colour payoff is X-Rated, but the rest perform well. They also work well as shadow liners in the darker colours.

I can't see myself using this up as I have never used up a whole palette yet but if something was to happen to this it would certainly be getting replaced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A gorgeous, amazing palette that I'm thankful I didn't miss out on like I did with the original vice palette. I love that all the shades are highly pigmented, blend well, and have a nice smooth texture. I love the design of the case and how easy it opens- just push the button and it opens. There's also a nice huge mirror that I love using. It comes with a two ended brush to use if you're on the go. I'm extremely pleased with this palette.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a very pretty palette, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I have hazel eyes, am fair (Bourjois 51, BB 02 Sand - less orange) and to me, the shades are too dark and/or black.
They last long after applied, perform really good, easy to blend, great pigmentation, the mattes aren't dry... Everything's perfect, but the tone of colors.
I bought the palette because of the following colors: Rewind and Habit, for being neutral matte shades; Coax and X-rated, being pretty pink colors, Shellshock, because I haven't got a nice silver shade and Betrayal, because it's a fluorescent purple.

The palette is a nice mix of colors and neutrals, and it's a nice palette to start your eyeshadow collection: neutrals (7), blacks (3), highlighter (2), dark colors (7), light colors (7), different family colors (black, silver, pink, blue, gold, green, purple, brown, taupe). You can make a formal, everyday or a nights out look.

BLACKS: Smokeout (eg. Creep), Lovestick (with silver glitter that doesn't transfer), Poison (greyish, but as a black), Voodoo (duochrome: black-purple), Prank (blackish blue). I feel like there are too many blacks. I don't use them. I would be fine with one black, but this many? I use a black gel eyeliner so I just use a black for darkening the look, but not that often to justify so many dark and black looking shades.

BROWNS: I have the Naked 1 and 3, and I made myself a MAC 10 pan palette of brown, so I have similar colors: Radar and Radar (eg. Snakebite, Darkhorse), Derailed (Satin Taupe, Mugshot, Darkside). Rewind is a nice medium matte brown, perfect for crease.

NEUTRALS: Habit (eg. WOS, but not noticeable lighter) is a nice blending color and good for brow highlight, Dope (eg. Virgin but darker, Sin but less pink) i like the most - I am a fan of this type of shades because the metallicness is not that noticeable for an everyday look, but they 'lift' the eye. I adore combining Dope with Rewind.

GOLDS: Strike (more yellow than Half Baked) I will never use. I don't like golds.

SILVER: Shellshok is a true silver (Gunmetal is way darker).

BLUES: I have never used blues, but teals. I like to apply them on the lower lashline when wearing a neutral eye. Prank has a lot of black in it, Madness is a royal blue. Madness is dark but pretty.

GREENS: Damaged is a royal green, if that exist :D. I don't have MAC Humid, but it may be similar. Stash is like Sumptuous olive. Both nice shades.

PINKS and ORANGES: Toxic is a mix of pink and orange; haven't used it but looks pretty in the pan. Coax is less cranberry than Last Call or Cranberry, a nice metallic medium pink. X-Rated is matte baby, medium pink.

And that's it!
I wouldn't recommend this palette to someone who has a lot of palettes like me. I am very attracted to UD since I find they make best eyeshadows and that the palettes are a great value. The quality is superb and the performance is unbeatable.

I have: Naked 1, Naked 3, Naked Basics, Ammo 2, and by Sigma the Crème de Couture palette (which I feel isn't as pigmented and vibrant as it looks).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No