August 23, 2014 | 1016 users online

Concealers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I have horrible deep circles under my eyes. I'll try anything. I like creamy textures and this is nice to apply. Alas, it slides off me within minutes. No point.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this concealer for my dry skin. It doesn't initially provide too much coverage but its completely buildable. Medium 1 is perfect for nc40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this concealer for undereye areas! I have tried just about everything on the market for undereye circles (hereditary, had them since childhood) and this is one good alternative. First, I like the very creamy, moist texture--unusual for a crayon or stick. The coverage is sheer but natural (I do apply over eye cream) and blends well into skin even when I don't use a foundation. I like the fact that the pencil is eco-friendly packaging, and is convenient for purse or travel.
This crayon sets in a few minutes after application, to a nice finish, neither too dry nor too glow-y. It will fade over time, but doesn't seem to set into lines (at least not into the undereye lines.) But I'd rather have a product slowly disappear with no trace-- better than settling into lines or getting crepey. The pencil application makes it quick to do a touch-up (but I always apply a bit of eye cream as a base first).

If you have undereye circles there is NO HOLY GRAIL product that will make them disappear completely and look natural. Sorry-- if you cover them completely, makeup WILL be visible. And if it is visible, you have just called attention to your circles. So my philosophy (drawn from various makeup artists) is minimize as far as you can naturally, but don't expect 100% coverage.

If you are getting ready for a photo session, perhaps you will want to find a more opaque product...but for looking natural in full sunlight, I'd choose the sheer Josie Maran crayon every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBloom14

I really love this concealer (and I usually don't enjoy creamy concealers)! For a detailed review check out my blog post http://beautybloom14.blogspot.com/2014/03/josie-maran-cosmetics-argan-creamy.html

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by itzmarylicious

I bought this concealer crayon a few months ago. I purchased this mostly to cover some redness around my nose and some darkness under my eyes. I dont wear foundation, I usually just conceal those 2 areas and put a light powder over my entire face. After a few uses, I realized that the coverage is very light on this. It barely covered up any redness around my nose, dont even mention the under eyes. It will look ok for maybe 2 or 3 hours but you definitely need to touch up after. If you want some VERY light coverage for a concealer this is for you. I do have to mention that this is very hydrating so it didn't cake up up me even in the winter months when my undereye can get quite dry. It was also very easy to spread and blend.

This would be a good product to keep in your purse for a touch up concealer throughout the day, probably not good for use in the AM unless youre looking for a very light coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by gingerneko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in hopes of concealing hereditary dark circles. I've spent a lot of time and money over the years making that attempt. Here's yet another failed attempt to find the HG concealer that will do the trick for me. The price wasn't bad at all for Sephora-level cosmetics, but I DO expect quality for that $20, and was sorely disappointed.

Josie Maran's concealer pencil has a really nice texture, feels good against the skin, and the color was a good match and stayed true to color over time. However, it didn't conceal a damned thing. This stuff practically *SLID* off my undereyes within 30 minutes. The lasting power of this concealer was nonexistent. While it was there, though, it kept consistent in color.

I tried it again over a primer -- instead of sliding off, it caked up in the creases in my skin and added 10 years to my face. Wasn't that a lovely bonus?

On the plus side, I returned it to Sephora, and used the money to buy a Beauty Blender.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ImaSeagull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product, it is so natural and easy to use. I have dry skin and primarily use this as an under eye concealer. "Light 1" is perfect for me right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Carlysiegle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reviews listed are misleading. Although the packaging claims to combat dark circles, it's known that a heavy pencil concealer or thick jar concealer is not meant for the under eye area. Liquid concealers only! It's of course going to settle into fine lines when it's so thick.
That being said, when used for dark spots or blemishes this concealer is very good. Especially with a good primer. It also doesn't create new breakouts, containing no highly comedogenic ingredients or irritants. Overall it's actually an awesome product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KillaNerys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There's "creamy," and then there's "slick." This crayon glides on beautifully but it has absolutely no stay-put power whatsoever. I applied it, blinked thrice, and BLAMMO my under-eye wrinkles were suddenly muddy canyons of concealer. I tried patting it out and setting it with powder-- no go. It just carried the powder into my wrinkles with it, like an overexcited labradoodle hauling its owner to the dog park. This product is proof positive that argan oil does not belong in everything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I steer clear of solid concealers for many reasons, mostly for greasiness, lack of coverage, and the fact that they always look really obvious on my skin. However after reading the glowing reviews on QVCs website I just had to try this one.

I am an NC10-15 but I hate when concealers are too pale. So instead of getting the palest one I bought the next shade up, Light 1. This is just a tiny bit darker than my natural skin color, and very yellow. If it wasn't so yellow then I think I would be able to work with this a whole lot more.

It is creamy but in a greasy, oily way (it is formulated with Argan oil so it is bound to be greasy) and this greasiness prevents me from building up the coverage. I apply a layer, pat gently into my skin, then try to apply another layer on top. The second layer just slides around on top and it looks obvious that I am wearing thick concealer. I have dry cheeks but very oily forehead, nose and chin and this concealer doesn't work on my oily bits. I have 2 huge dark spots on my forehead and this concealer just slides around without covering them up.

My undereye area has a lot of fine lines and dark circles, and this concealer just doesn't work. It creases in my lines and doesn't cover my circles. If you have good skin then this concealer might be perfect for you (but if you have good skin then you might not need concealer). Won't buy again, and I am beginning to think that Josie Maran products are not the best for me.

Ingredients (from Sephora): -100% Pure Argan Oil: Moisturizes skin while improving concealer blendability.
-Sea Fennel Extract: Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and lines and stimulates cellular renewal.
-Buckwheat Seed Extract: Decreases the look of skin puffiness.

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Squalane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Silica, Proplyene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract**, Crithmum Maritimum Extract**. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Organic **Natural.