Coty Katy Perry - Killer Queen

3.3

I bought a 4-pack sampler of Katy Perry perfumes after Christmas on clearance...all of her perfumes are rated pretty well, so I figured I couldn't go wrong! This perfume is probably my least favorite of the four. I do like the slight dark, sugary scent of this...but really, it isn't one that I would buy a larger bottle of. It somehow reminds me of QUEEN by Queen Latifah's fragrance...I can't place what it is...both perfumes are kind of a weird scent blend initially with musky base notes I think. Anyway, this is just okay for me. I will definitely use it the rest of this winter, because it is a good winter scent, but not a real favorite of mine either...

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I picked this up unsniffed at Marshall's for about $10 for the 1.7oz bottle. I was immediately very pleased with my purchase. First impression was that it smelled very similar to Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, though not as strong (love Flowerbomb, but it's a bit overwhelming). It has good lasting power, and strangely though not unpleasantly dries down to something very similar to Donna Karan Cashmere Mist.

Overall Rating - 4 lippies b/c I really really like this, but I don't LOVE it. It's not an intoxicating-can't-stop-sniffing-myself kind of fragrance, but it's quite lovely and the base notes give it a much more mature feel than expected from Katy Perry.

Price - 5 lippies for obvious reasons. I would've been happy with it if I'd paid twice as much.

Packaging - 4 lippies b/c it's gorgeous, but kind of an awkward bottle to display. It doesn't have any particular side where it lays flatter, so on my dresser full of perfumes, it tends to roll around some if I bump it. No huge deal, but I would like it if a display stand of some kind were available. Wouldn't need to be as elaborate as the store display stands, but I think it would look much better propped up.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This perfume falls right into the category of scents that I love the most.
It is described as having notes of "dark plum, wild berry, red velvet flower, bergamot, and liquid praline" among others.
To my nose, it is a warm, slightly musky scent with hints of vanilla and amber. I get the red velvet flower and liquid praline, but to me there are no berry/plum notes at all.
This is *similar* to Queen by Queen Latifah, as it is a grown up scent without being the generic "perfumey" and floral perfume. I think it would also be best for use during fall and winter.
I think the packaging of this fragrance is cool looking, but it is very impractical. It won't stand up on it's own (mine did not include a stand, as some of the displays showed) and it rolls around in a drawer.
Lasting power with this perfume is average. I have perfumes that way outlast this one, but I also have many body sprays and perfumes that don't last as long.
All in all, I enjoy this perfume. I might repurchase if I ran out, but since I have several perfumes, I probably won't for some time yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fun like spicy fierce woman scent that's sexy, glamorous and flirty. It last's long when paired with the matching body lotion and has this thing about it idk it's like i'd imagine she herself would smell. Try it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love Katy Perry fragrances and had to try this one. It is nice. I cannot pick out all the notes that are listed but the blending smells good. I am not a fan of the bottle though. I love her pretty Kitty bottles and wish this bottle was better designed. I know it says it comes with it's own golden pedestal but let's get real, it is a big hunk of plastic and not very attractive to sit on my vanity. Perhaps I can come up with a better idea for a way to stand it on my vanity. I am not too sure how long this scent will last on myself but I will update once I determine it. I do not understand how some say this is too strong for a Summer scent as I can barely get a good smell of it once it is on my skin for a while. I am sure others can smell it though. I always think a good perfume smells good when I first spray it on but within minutes, I can no longer smell it on myself when others say they can. I got the largest bottle at a very low price so I cannot complain if I have to spray it again to fully appreciate the fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume. I received this as a Christmas gift because I'm a HUGE Katy Perry fan...it's a bit too heavy for spring and summer though. I would mainly wear this in the fall/winter and maybe for a night out. A little goes a long way.

I bought this at CVS for 9.99 for their half off season sets sale and I really like it! I was on the hunt for a small perfume or rollerball to have in my purse and I like that the scent lingers..on me anyway. The bottle is nice but sucks because the shape doesn't allow you to set it down unless you don't mind it laying down. I have mine in my purse or make up bag so it doesn't matter :)

Not bad, just nothing too unique. I picked up a half price gift set post holiday. It does remind me somewhat of La Vie est Belle. The jury is out on strength/longevity. Suitable for all ages and most situations, but it ain't gonna set the world on fire.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like Killer Queen -- it's probably my favorite of the Katy Perry scents. I've worn it 3 days in the previous week, after picking up a post-Christmas gift set for 1/2 price at Walgreen ($20 reduced to $10 for .5oz spray + lotion + shower gel). I also saw a 3.4oz gift set recently at Marshall's. And I'm wearing it now.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Plum, Wild berries
Heart Notes - Cockscomb, Frangipani, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes - Cashmeran, Patchouli, Liquid praliné

A fresh & delicious gourmand -- not too sweet, not too spicy, not too fruity, not too strong, not too weak. I can see comparisons to Flowerbomb, but I find Fbomb *too* cotton candy sweet, and Killer Queen is not at all that candyish & syrupy sweet -- it's "lower"-noted and more spicy/woody than Fbomb -- but it also doesn't have the (rather pungent) peppery spicy note that Beyonce Heat has. There are several fragrances out there in this same vein, but I find Killer Queen to be an especially nicely balanced one.

A delicious medium-range sweet-spicy-woody gourmand -- not *too* anything -- inoffensive, easy-to-wear, and inexpensive to buy. The garnet color of the juice is beautiful, but the bottle shape gets a thumbs-down. It's shaped like a cone -- like the Wish or Jivago 24K bottles -- but it doesn't come with a stand, so you have to lay it down, and it takes up a lot of space.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Smells exactly like Beyonce Heat. Very strong... almost nauseating. Sorry for the ones that love it but smells cheap.

Popular Fragrances