Coty Katy Perry - Killer Queen

3.2

on 4/14/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume. I received this as a Christmas gift because I'm a HUGE Katy Perry fan...it's a bit too heavy for spring and summer though. I would mainly wear this in the fall/winter and maybe for a night out. A little goes a long way.

on 1/10/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this at CVS for 9.99 for their half off season sets sale and I really like it! I was on the hunt for a small perfume or rollerball to have in my purse and I like that the scent lingers..on me anyway. The bottle is nice but sucks because the shape doesn't allow you to set it down unless you don't mind it laying down. I have mine in my purse or make up bag so it doesn't matter :)

on 1/3/2015 3:19:00 PM

Not bad, just nothing too unique. I picked up a half price gift set post holiday. It does remind me somewhat of La Vie est Belle. The jury is out on strength/longevity. Suitable for all ages and most situations, but it ain't gonna set the world on fire.

on 1/1/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like Killer Queen -- it's probably my favorite of the Katy Perry scents. I've worn it 3 days in the previous week, after picking up a post-Christmas gift set for 1/2 price at Walgreen ($20 reduced to $10 for .5oz spray + lotion + shower gel). I also saw a 3.4oz gift set recently at Marshall's. And I'm wearing it now.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Plum, Wild berries
Heart Notes - Cockscomb, Frangipani, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes - Cashmeran, Patchouli, Liquid praliné

A fresh & delicious gourmand -- not too sweet, not too spicy, not too fruity, not too strong, not too weak. I can see comparisons to Flowerbomb, but I find Fbomb *too* cotton candy sweet, and Killer Queen is not at all that candyish & syrupy sweet -- it's "lower"-noted and more spicy/woody than Fbomb -- but it also doesn't have the (rather pungent) peppery spicy note that Beyonce Heat has. There are several fragrances out there in this same vein, but I find Killer Queen to be an especially nicely balanced one.

A delicious medium-range sweet-spicy-woody gourmand -- not *too* anything -- inoffensive, easy-to-wear, and inexpensive to buy. The garnet color of the juice is beautiful, but the bottle shape gets a thumbs-down. It's shaped like a cone -- like the Wish or Jivago 24K bottles -- but it doesn't come with a stand, so you have to lay it down, and it takes up a lot of space.

on 11/12/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Smells exactly like Beyonce Heat. Very strong... almost nauseating. Sorry for the ones that love it but smells cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love killer queen! I'm a perfume junkie & my all time favorite is flowerbomb by V&R. As we all know it's extremely expensive & as a broke college student it's hard to splurge on certain things. I current have 50% of a 1.7 oz bottle of flowerbomb & wanted to buy something a little cheaper but similar to wear everyday-so I only break out the flowerbomb on special occasions or at night! I read somewhere that this is similar & I would agree they are similar but not a dupe for FB. I would say killer queen is a tad more in your face or 'tangy' and a little sweeter. I love it! The only downside would be the longevity. Lasts maybe 4-5 hours tops-which is fine considering the price.

on 9/6/2014 2:40:00 PM

This has a very mature smell, but I love it. My only issue with it is that mine did not come with a stand and so the bottle takes up an unnecessary amount of space.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this; I smell a touch of patchouli, a HINT of fruit, PLENTY of vanilla and a backbone of subtle wood. It's not unique enough to be FBW. I understand the connections to Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle, but to me it smells only vaguely reminiscent. It's a pleasant enough scent and the bottle is gorgeous. More adult than some of the other Katy offerings, but not as challenging as Flowerbomb nor as adult as La Vie Est Belle. I would buy this for a teenager looking to go beyond candied fragrances but not too far beyond.

on 7/17/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well. No offence, I don't really like the smell of this. Like I understand that Katy's image has changed from the youthful teenage dream stuff to a more mature image...... but this smells too strong to the point that it made me sneeze?

I would stick with Meow. VANILLAAAAA SCENTED~~~

on 6/17/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this for my precocious 9 year old who begged & begged & begged until I caved and got it for her. She loves it. I think it's gross. Too heavy/synthetic for me. Cute bottle though. My kid loves any and everything Katy.

Popular Fragrances