August 31, 2014 | 1027 users online

Lips - Bourjois - Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this product as it was buy one get another half price on Bourjois products online. Normally I'm a huge fan of Bourjois products as I find them good quality, especially considering the price. But I'm just not in love with this product. I bought this lip crayon on "Peach on the Beach", which I thought would be a peach colour but when I opened the parcel I was dismayed to find a neon orange lip crayon. Thinking that it might look different when I applied it, I swatched it on my hand and on my lips - no still pretty neon! Granted it actually looks quite good with my brown hair and is appropriate for summer months as I like a bright lip but I'll never be able to wear this to work as I work as a teacher and I tend to dress conservatively. Don't get me wrong, it's not so bad that I'll never use it, I can make it work but I definitely won't be repurchasing. Maybe I just picked up a bad colour but I have noticed that most of the colors are very intense and not natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE!! I have this in Plum Russian and it's such a flattering, deep plum colour for my fair complexion (NC15). It's a lot more hydrating than I expected and is so easy to apply. I don't know that it lasts 10 hours as claimed, but it is definitely long lasting and, when it does fade, it remains even. No horrible line around the lips or dryness. A very subtle scent, but nothing yuck or overpowering. I can't speak for the formula of the other colours, but Plum Russian is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

It's a beautiful lip product ! Honestly I've tried revlon lip butters , hydrating lip sticks frome stee lauder and I can say with absolute conviction that this is the only lipgloss that hasn't given me ; 1) feathering , 2) start fading from the inside of your lips , 3) give that white line on your lips , 4) dried up!

It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is another product from Bourjois that I'm really impressed with. Usually I do not buy drugstore brands because I find the colours to be too tacky and cheap and/or the smell puts me off. This however is great. I am using the colour 'Fuschia Libre (02)' and it is THE BEST shade of fuscia for me (NC 15-20, GA Luminous Silk #3, NARS Gobi, skintone). It totally livens up my face and makes me look bright, happy, alive, full of energy, and as if i have slept a good 10 hours. It's as if this lipstick was 'made for me'. It really does wonders for me. I also love the fact that it stains my lips as it fades (evenly). It is very lightweight and feels like i have nothing on. Very low maintenance lipstick which I'm loving. Speaking of smells though, I will admit there is a slight plasticy smell to this which I dislike very much but the good part is it dissipates very quickly so I can overlook it.
I use this with a pink blush like the Bourjois #4 (Sweet Dreams) Cream Blush, eyes are minimal with only liner and mascara, and voila - fresh lively face transformation!!!
I hope they never discontinue this shade otherwise I'll be crying (literally).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by stl

I bought this in the color Peach on the Beach. The color is really nice, even though on my lips it comes out as a pretty bright pink, rather than peach. Not so much coral. I quite like the color, however I don't think it's hydrating enough. If I were to compare this to Clinique Chubby Stick, then the Clinique Stick are much more hydrating, I don't need to use a balm before applying the chubby stick. While with Bourjois ones, I tend to apply a balm before applying the lipstick (or lip crayon, whatever they position this to be). The good thing is that, compared to Clinique chubby stick, the color lasts much longer. I don't need to reapply as much. Overall, I don't really like the Bourjois lipstick that much. I bought this mainly because I wanted balmy lipstick or tinted lipbalm, but feel like this is just like a regular not really moisturizing lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I tried really hard to love this. I had heard so many good thinks about these lipsticks, so of course me being me I had to jump on the bandwagon but am left rather disappointed.
First of all, I have had this lipstick for about six/seven months now and have barely touched it, because I dislike it so much. In the beginning I tried hard to work with it but it just wouldn't.
I have this in the shade 'Peach on the Beach'. The main reason for purchasing was that I was going on holiday and I thought that it looked nice and peachy and summery and once I had a nice bit of tan this would fit in nicely (not that I tan very much at all!)
I think my first mistake was that I didn't bother to swatch in on my hand. If I remember correctly, it had appeared that the first few lipsticks in the display had all bit mangled and opened and were gross so I just picked the first properly sealed one and hoped for the best. I'm usually a little nervous when it comes to peachy or coral toned colours when it comes to my skin tone because I can't always wear them well much to my disappointment.
Anyway, on first application I already knew I didn't like it. For starters, it isn't even peach, its orange. Orange does not go well with my alabaster skin and red hair. Just no. Also, it was really tacky and not nice to apply or feel on the lips.
Not only this, the tube quite clearly advertises the product as lasting for ten hours. I'm not stupid, I didn't honestly believe it would last ten hours because lip products rarely do, especially glossy ones. However, I would expect it to at least manage two or three hours, but it was already practically gone within an hour and I hadn't even drunk anything.
Overall, I love Bourjois as a brand, but sometimes they get it very wrong. I will not be repurchasing and probably won't bother with any of the other shades either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by claredelalune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing such good stuff about these lip colours, I decided to buy them. I have to say, although I'm impressed with the hydrating & staying power, I'm really disappointed with the colours. The red is a bit too orangey, the pink isn't pigmented enough. I ended up giving mine to a friend. I recently found Natio's Smoothie lip colours that look identical but are available in so many more colours, and nicer colours. At the moment I'm using 'plum' which is lovely. (I think Natio is only available in Australia, so sorry those who can't find that brand...)

I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois says "with it's melting formula, Color Boost leaves a radiant veil of color on the lips with just enough shine and transparency to enhance each shade. It's sensory, light, and non-sticky texture produces pure color, a glossy finish. The lips are smooth, dressed in color while keeping the bare lips sensation. All these colors remain long lasting without smudging!" The Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks are available in 3-4 permanent shades, depending on your country. I'll be reviewing Orange Punch. This lip product has an added bonus of SPF, and it claims to be waterproof for up to ten hours. Each of these jumbo lip pencils contains 2.75g (.1oz) of product. Here in Australia the Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks retail for $15-16, but I got mine at Priceline on special for about $11. Bourjois claims to not test on animals. This lipstick was made in Italy.
Packaging for Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick is pretty standard for a jumbo lip crayon. This lip product is housed in a chubby, color matched plastic tube with a silver twisting mechanism for a base. The cap snaps firmly onto the tube. The color name and number can be found on a label on the cap, which peels up to reveal a full ingredient list. The Bourjois logo, product name, and a few claims are printed on the tube in reflective silver lettering. Product scrolls up and down easily. Packaging is recyclable.
I'm a fan of Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick. Are they really waterproof and wear for ten hours? Lol no. But are they awesome otherwise? Heck yes! The Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks formula is extremely lightweight and gel like; the way they glide onto the lips is marvelously smooth. On the lips these lipsticks feel slick and moist, but not slippery. Color payoff is sheer but slightly buildable - no matter how many layers you apply it'll remain translucent. This lip product has decent wear, about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, though the glossy finish dies down after about an hour. I can't detect a scent or flavor in Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks.
Though the color selection for Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks is limited, I think it has one of the most solid offerings in the drugstore. Each shade is beautiful and shares that amazing glossy, translucent finish. Click here to see my girl MakeupTips' swatches of all four shades offered in Australia. On the skin, Orange Punch swatches a little more pink than it really is. However, on the lips, Orange Punch plays with my natural lip color to become a slightly reddish orange with just a touch of pink to it. I don't believe there is any shimmer in this shade.
I really like Bourjois' Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Orange Punch. I feel like I like most of the jumbo lip crayons I try, but Bourjois' offering is a little different, its much glossier than similar products on the market. The texture of this lip product is really pleasing. Wear is average. I really like the translucent but pigmented color payoff of this lipstick. The Color Boost range is small, I'd love to see it expand (two limited edition shades are out in England at the moment), but it currently offers four beautiful basic options. Between the perfect sheer, summery orange, and effortless application I've been reaching for this lipstick all the time. If Bourjois is sold in your country, you need to check out the Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Maroko

i really like this 'lipstick'; it has good color pay-off, doesnt feel sticky and lasts quite a while. i only have one at the moment: red sunshine, i might be buying more in the future

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in number 3, Orange Punch. I was basically looking for a cheaper replacement for the Mega Melon Chubby Stick I got from Clinique as a sample but which has since run out.

I love it. It is the same as Clinique in that it is purely a glossy lipstick and doesn't stain (like the Max Factor ones), but the pluses are that it has a faint fruity smell which is far more pleasant, and the price!

It's not the exact same colour as the Mega Melon, it's a little brighter but on me it's not too orange at all. Peachier tones suit me well, and this gives me the perfect 'pick me up' colour. I love that I can reapply whenever, it doesn't dry out my lips and is really easy to apply with no mirror.

I love the packaging too - it's the same as the Clinique bar the lid which is not transparent. The lid stays on and it winds up from the bottom.

I want to go back and buy the whole range - but they've been sold out everywhere! I really wanted Peach on the Beach but actually, this one suits me really well so I'm pleased.

Will definitely buy again.