July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Foundations - Almay - Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by dros

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Living in Athens near the sea, and I'm 52 years old. I bought 2 months ago and by May use every morning coming out of the city. Last year i had stains on my face but this year until now my face is clean. My skin is sensitive and combination but so far I have not had any problem presenter, and my daughter who is 30 years old and she uses it, is also pleased

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by joig

Good before it separated in the bottle and turned to pigment and clear goop, i cant even put it on my face now still have 3/4 of the bottle I paid about 10 bucks for this and it is horrible

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jonoby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is effective for correcting and concealing minimal skin tone unevenness. A good entry level CC cream if you're wondering what all the fuss is about. I can use it under a BB on a good skin day and get enough coverage for a polished office look, and it's good for a weekend quick fix. I tend to not wear a lot of makeup and would say it's not a substitute for a proper foundation and conceal regimen -- it's not a magic bullet.

That said, at around $18 a pop and as Almay is on the "natural" end of drug store products, you won't break the bank to try it out.

I have very fair skin and found the lightest shade to be just right with not too much yellow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel dumb for not checking this site and then buying this. Well, it looked and felt great in the store at the back of my hand. On my face, however, was whole another story. The reviews below from oily gals like me are accurate. This is way too oily for us. I had heard before that CC creams are not good for oily skin. This is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Mivina

Amazing even in the summer time!!! I have super oily skin but I set it with a powder and I'm good to go. PERFECTION❤️

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

First off, this is for DRY (or possibly dry/combination) skin. Oily skin types will not be happy. But if you have dry skin and want a BB/CC cream that can be applied without moisturizer, this one works great. It has an SPF of 35, so it is great for everyday yard work and general outside time. On my dry skin, living in a very dry climate, it is lightweight and not particularly oily.

The finish is slightly pearly, but not at all shiny or "glowy." It looks natural. Coverage is pretty good for a CC cream --disguises large pores well. I would repurchase. I would probably like it better in a pump bottle, but the squeeze tube is adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Linneaus

This is a wonderful product and I've very sad to see the negative reviews out for it. I suspect the main reason for the poor reviews is that the product is intended for Normal/Dry Combination Skin to Very Dry Skin and people with oily skin will find it overly greasy and not suited for their skin.

Objectively this is one of the few drugstore or high end bb/cc creams or tinted moisturisers, or even foundations that has a decent concentration of ingredients to improve that texture and functioning of the skin that so many bb/cc creams and moisturisers tout they do have but do not.

Apart from the base of the product the ingredients list includes Niacinimide (vitamin B3), Vitamin C, Licorice and Mulberry Extracts which are research indicates can brighten pigmentation marks and have soothing effects on skin, Sodium Hyaluronate and Lecithin both of which act as emollients that repair and keep the structure of skin and Grape Seed extract a known antioxidant.

On top of this, the product has a (nearly) broad spectrum UVA/ UVB sun protection, which is much more than most tinted moisturises, bb/cc creams and foundations from low to high end lack. Unfortunately Titanium Dioxide, Octisalate and Octinoxate together combined do not protect against UVA1 rays and Octinoxate has some tendency to degrade over time when exposed to UV lights. The product has an SPF factor (a measure for protection against UVB rays) of 35 in North America equivalent to SPF 25 in Australia.

Cosmetically the product looks and preforms well for Normal to Dry Skins leaving a dewy light- medium finish that can be powdered down, which does not enhance skin flakiness, fine lines or pores. Those with oily skin, may hoever find the product to emollient and lacking in longevity and hold those with extremely dry skin will still need to pre-moisturise before applying. In general those who have always struggled with flakes with any sort of foundation or tinted moisturiser will find some respite in this product. Lasts between 6-8 hours and coverage fades well and no in a patchy manner.

Cost wise this is a most affordable bargin of a product that beats many of its competitors out of the field. In North America the product retails between $5-10 whilst those in Australia can wait for the $10 off Almay products and pay $9.95 at Priceline Pharmacies.

Overall this is a fantastic option for normal to dry skins, which offers a dewy light-medium coverage with a decent concoction fo skin repairing ingredients and sun protection at a bargain price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by littlehooch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg. I love this CC cream! I'll list pros and cons then explain how I make it work for my oily skin.

PRO:
Light coverage (which is awesome for my personal taste.)
High SPF (35)
Doesn't break me out
Improves my over skin appearance
Non drying
No smell
Little goes a long way

CONS:
Super oily
Oxidizes some when it's very humid
Not good for photography (causes flashback some)

I have really oily skin, but I love a light coverage foundation. Finding a light coverage foundation for oily skin is hard. when I apply this it makes my skin look really slick and shiny but I have found a way to fix it! I make sure my face is freshly washed and I do NOT apply moisturizer (there's enough in the foundation.) then I apply Mabelline's Shine Free powder over it with a power brush. Then I dust the ELF translucent HD loose powder over it and it's matte and it stays that way all day!! Make sure to just DUST the ELF powder over it because if you use to much it can make a white cast. Then I apply my other makeup like normal. Both of those powders are the holy grail for oily skin. But the CC cream is awesome. I like a natural look and this covers some stuff, it more like takes the edge of redness and dark circles but if you use concealer and/or powder over it seems to work fine for my skin and covers what needs to be covered. Over time, this claims to improve your skin. I have seen a small difference. My skin does look better now for the most part. However I still breakout, but the same, if not less then before I used it. The only things I'd changed would be the oiliness and the smart shade. This oxidizes some in very humid weather (most smart shade makeup does way worse though) I live in Alabama where it's very humid in the summer so I'm not sure what I'll do about that. :/ you don't need much, a little goes a long way with this makeup. I bought this used at a thrift store for $3. It had barely been used and since it was a squeeze bottle I felt safe that no one's fingers had touched it, so I'm not sure how much it costs. It was about half way gone when I got it in November and I'm still not close to being out now in March! I use it 2-6 times a week. I don't use a primer with it but I think I might start and see if that helps it from oxidizing. The packaging is good, it's in a squeeze tube with a twist lid that won't come off in a makeup bag. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and I will repurchase as of right now. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by fredafreda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cc cream. I have extremely dry skin and no foundation works on me except the Maybelline bb cream. This cc cream is similar to that but the ingredients seem better (less irritated ingredients).
When I saw the other review said this is oily, I wanted to try it so badly. It sounded it would work perfectly on my dry skin. I was rushing to the store and bought it. It looks matt on my face (even I prefer a bit more oilier) but it is already a winner for me that it didn't dry out my face like everything else. I am NC 30 and color 100 is prefect for me.
The package is also excellent too. It is in a tube and it is easy to carry around and very hygienic. I would highly recommend for anyone has dry skin and just wants to improve the color of skin tone with the natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I personally like it although it does look slightly oily on me. I tend to go for dewy glows though so it works for me. It would work best on dry skin.