Almay Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector

3.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Titanium Dioxide 5.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isostearic Acid, Boron Nitride, Alumina, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizrate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa (Strawberry Saxifrage) Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Chinese Mulberry) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Steareth-2, Tromethamine, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Steareth-21, Methucone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparben, Ethylparaben

on 4/3/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hi, I bought this cream last week and is now bad. It has as a clear liquid when I want to use. Does anyone have this same problem? Should I get rid of it? Please write me at yendi1990@hotmail.com
THANKS for your help!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Mature-skinned ladies and dry-skinned ladies, listen up! This is a great, creamy, light to medium coverage foundation with excellent sun protection! If you are already dewy and youthful and have even a hint of oiliness I would stay away from this. However, if you want smooth, light coverage that blurs mild imperfections and helps moisturize dry skin, then this is a great affordable little drugstore find!

on 3/15/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This cc cream made my face glow and look healthy. It looks like you don't have anything on your face but it's still dewy and healthy and also looks natural. It would be way better if it has a coverage maybe from light to medium. It hasn't broke me out so far and I can use it comfortably till I run out. There are other cc cream/tinted moisturizers out there that is also as good as this so I won't buy this again. But I highly recommend this to everyone especially to those who has almost perfect skin. A perfect gift as well.

on 3/10/2015 7:47:00 PM

I love this CC cream! I really hate to see such bad reviews given to a product when it is not made for oily skin. It is highly recommended that everyone read Paula's Choice website before purchasing any product. She outlines the pros and the cons and states specifically, for this product, that oily skin people will probably not like it. It's so frustrating to read bad reviews on products that are not for your specific skin type. Such a waste of time! It's called research! I live in dry Colorado, and have combo skin in summer and somewhat dry in winter. For reference, I am a MAC NW25, ELDW pebble, and Rimmel classic beige 25 hour(which I love). I have tried several high-end BB, CC, and tinted moisturizers - this one beats them all for me. This product felt great on bare skin, is fragrance -free, made my face feel smooth, Did not settle in fine lines or wrinkles, blurred imperfections, and has decent coverage. The light/medium matched my skin perfectly. The SA at Walgreens allowed me to sample this product. She used a clean Qtip. Just ask the SA!!!!!!! Please read Paula's choice website. This has broad spectrum sunscreen 35 and it is rated "best." Paula may be criticized for somethings but she is always on base with knowing her sunscreens.

on 2/15/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Searching for the best BB/CC cream for skin I stumbled across this product. I've tried several other BB creams but no CC's. This cream is too heavy/oily for my skin. The coverage is decent, but after application, my skin feels oily and it's only a matter of time before the shine comes. It's not a bad product but it personally doesn't work well on my skin. On to the next one.

on 2/13/2015 9:34:00 AM

I bought this because Paula Begoun rated it "BEST" on her Beautypedia, and I was impressed with its SPF (35). While I agree with Paula that this offers reasonably enduring, light weight coverage with a very dewy finish, Smart Shade doesn't rate the highest grade in my book. Here is why:

-Light shade is just a tad dark for my light olive skin. It blends beautifully with my chin which is the darkest part of my face, but the effect on the rest of my skin dulling. I prefer my foundation to be slightly brightening, so I can choose to apply it lightly on my T-zone, under eyes and chin only on days I have no blemishes to hide.

-Sunscreen actives in this CC hardly provide any UVA protection.

-The dewy finish turns positively greasy when layered over sunscreen/moisturizer (I was using Olay 7 in 1 Complete SPF 30).

That being said, it's nowhere near unusable. I just think there are more flattering options out there.

on 2/2/2015 5:13:00 PM

This cc cream stays on all day, and covers up my acne scars and other blemishes such as under eye circles and discoloration. I will definetly buy this again.

on 1/29/2015 3:06:00 PM

I bought this CC cream primarily because it was on sale and I was dying for a change from my previous favorite BB cream which had grown to become oily on me. I am super impressed with the coverage, colour correction, and light weight fell! I will be buying this again!

on 1/13/2015 12:38:00 AM

I bought this because I have red undertones that I can't stand. I thought the CC cream would help cover that. Instead, it is super sheer and oily. I don't really see any difference when I put it on, I just feel like I'm rubbing an oily product on my skin. I also break out a lot, and this cream definitely doesn't help! Based on other reviews, it sounds like this is a good problem for people with dry, clear skin!

on 12/29/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So it's currently winter and my skin is combo though it's been drier lately due to the cold. I've been going outdoors a bunch and figured that I should be wearing some form of sun screen because I've been left with acne scars all over my cheeks from when I was younger. Whilst Christmas shopping at Target I wanted to try something new so I picked this up.

I got this in 200 light medium and it mixed quite well on my face when applying (I used my fingers btw) and was not sticky to the touch. I did moisturize before applying and afterwards I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte because it was a bit greasy looking. It lasted a good 7 hours until I had to blot with blotting sheets, but that's a given.

Overall the staying power was good (when set with a powder), SPF of 35 for the win, color match was excellent, texture was nice and it didn't cake up, sheer to light coverage and did its job. Hasn't broken me out either which is a big thumbs up, thank you Almay :)