L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Dimethicone • Cyclohexasiloxane • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Water • Propylene Carbonate • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/17/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Literally hating this product so much right now! I think from all the heavy sick icons and rubbing alcohol in this product is what broke me out in CYSTIC ACNE! I've never broke out this bad from s foundation before. Also, you better have smooth skin without acne or wrinkles because this stuff doesn't cover much and looks cakey if you don't already have clear skin. Btw, I have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

on 7/7/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow I sure wish I could delete my ugly pic off the photos from when I had my exoticalbino account. Shout out to wrinklefree for making me cringe with that reminder!

Unfortunately I can not get my old account back, thus I can not edit the reviews. So I'm going to re-review this foundation. I used to really like it! I was initially blown away by the light liquid consistency. Back then, water-like foundation was a new rising trend in the cosmetics industry. This was the first foundation to not look cakey on my skin regardless of how much I applied. But then the truth slowly set in...

It is FULL of rubbing alcohol. That is not good for my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. It also did not stay as a "powder" all day. Eventually my skin got used to it, and my oil production went wild.

Shortly after finding Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation, I met the love of my pizzaface's life in 2013. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. The coverage and oil absorption properties blow all of the other foundations out of the water in my book. Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation lasted me 4-5 hours in the summer heat... Rimmel's lasts me 12-15. I am never going back.

Edit: Sentientglittercloud claims this is Dc'ed. If its not, feel free to send her lots of hatemail.

on 7/7/2015 3:04:00 AM

So this was rather disappointing, in the end.

I've heard this is a pretty good dupe for Armani which is why I was initially interested. I've never tried Armani foundation besides noodling around with it in Sephora a bit.

My skin was in good shape when I first tried this stuff and for a while after application, I could, for a drugstore price, effect a pretty solid YSBB look....but in the end it wasn't worth it. Here's why:

1.) As others have mentioned, your skin already needs to be in v. good shape to get away with this foundation. That means no dry patches, no acne, no wrinkles. So this immediately excludes lots of skin types. And if you are like me and your skin is not perfect all of the time, this foundation will not be a friend to you once it starts sucking. I promise.

2.) I know people had good longevity with this but I didn't and that was one of my deal breakers. Full disclosure: I'm oily combo and have been using this at the height of summer. But still. Even with powder or a primer, this would only last for about 2 hours if I went out in the middle of the day before my nose got super shiny. At around 4 hours my whole t-zone was done.

3.) But the absolute worst thing about this product, imo, is the heavy duty silicones used in it. I think they broke me out somewhat and I'm convinced this is why the product doesn't wash off AT ALL. Scrubbing off this foundation at night became like a 15 minute *ordeal*. I'd go through micellar water with 3 cotton rounds and then 2 passes with ultra bland and then rinsing with water. At the end I always felt like there was still a weird film on my fingers. Two days ago I threw both bottles away. No regrets.

on 7/5/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great for a "no makeup" makeup look as long as you don't have many dry patches ie. for going to the gym, beach, camping, etc. Recommend exfoliating immediately prior to applying your moisturizer and this foundation to help eliminate any dry patches as it will accentuate these areas. Goes on best with fingers, quickly and seamlessly blending in to look like a better version of your own skin! - brush and beauty blender just absorb it. Light coverage similar to a BB cream, but better at hiding imperfections. I recommend priming areas that get oily with an oil absorbing primer to make it last longer. Wouldn't wear on a day I need fuller coverage or my foundation to hold up and last all day, but would definitely repurchase for the days I want a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

on 7/3/2015 2:47:00 PM

It's a nice foundation for those who want a tad bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but aren't fully into heavier foundations. It goes on super smooth and silky, I love it. The coverage is light and the texture is very lightweight and smooth. I apply with my fingers because I feel like a brush sucks up the product.

Pros:
Nice color selection
Light coverage yet flawless
Looks good for 7 - 8 hours
No need to powder unless you're oily

Cons:
The packaging is horrible - no pump
Can stick to dry patches because it's a powdery finish

I purchased this product in light ivory and it was a disaster. The color was way to light on my skin and I didn't have the time to wash it off so I ended up wearing it all day. Also whenever I would touch my face it kind of felt like I had dirt on my face. I don't know if I just bought it and it was already ruined in the package or it just goes on that way but I definitely was not impressed.

on 6/22/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really love this product. I always buy two at a time in case it is ever discontinued. I am 70+ years old and happy I found it a few years ago. I have always used liquid makeup, but with time I knew I had to switch to something even lighter. It is so lightweight and smooth. Goes on very nicely and stays until I remove it. Doesn't settle into the wrinkles as badly as some of the thicker foundations.
I use a primer first - usually Lanacane antichafing gel.
It takes a little practice the first few times,and you have to remember to shake it well, but I just pour a small puddle in the palm of my hand and smooth it on with my fingers.
A great hint I learned years ago is to wring out a washcloth with cold water and just press it to my face after applying foundation and blush. That sets the makeup and evens it all out. It's a little too thin to really hide the brownish areas on my face, but I guess you can't have everything.

on 6/22/2015 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has similar coverage and consistency to Mac face and body. A little more watery than face and body. I don't like a lot of coverage so this is great for me. It's slightly dewy which I'm good with because I have dry skin. Color match is pretty good

on 6/19/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It's a liquid but it really does feel like a powder. The coverage is great and my only problem is it is runny so if you don't shake well it can get a bit messy. Other than that I am so extremely happy I caught this stuff on sale at Walgreens. I would recommend and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 6/19/2015 2:39:00 AM

L'OREAL magic nude!!!
I love this stuff so much!!
My sister got me in to using it, I was using something else but my face broke out worse then it ever had!! Then she I started using this I fell in love!!! I use it everyday!!! It is thinners then most make ups witch I love!!! It lasts all day and it not think and heavy on my face ;) I have been using this for over three year's!