July 22, 2014 | 1910 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rfp0022

When I first bought this product in the winter, it worked wonders. I still love it except for the fact that it clings to the dry patches on my cheeks. I never knew I had dry skin, but I found out this product contains alcohol, which may be the causing factor for my dry skin.

As for the rest of my face, it goes on very smoothly and is not cakey at all. My skin looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by befalcon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I can see why people would dislike this foundation, the coverage isn't very full or medium coverage. I for one don't mind. I don't have many problem areas to cover so this does the job! It evens out my skin and does some coverup enough for me to say its medium coverage on my skin. At first I didn't like it but eventually I fell in love. It's light on the skin, it matches my skin color, and keeps me pretty oil free for a while. It lasts me all day! I wear this foundation more than I do my Makeup Forever HD and my Covergirl foundation. I guess its because its just so much lighter and easier to apply. Don't know, but this foundation is on my top drugstore foundation list!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Alleighe

I wanted to love this foundation... Sadly it didn't work for me at all. Clung to my dry patches and completely melted off the rest of the areas on my face by hour 2 . Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this last summer and continued to use it on casual weekend days. I liked it but didn't love it. However, I'm finding it's real beauty this summer. It's been my go-to for changing summer skin tones. Although I use high sunscreen in the summer, I'm still noticing that my foundation doesn't match. This seems to blend in well with my changing skin tones and give me just enough coverage over major flaws. I can work with that. It doesn't clog my pores (and believe me, a lot of face products do!) or goop up in my fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've really been enjoying this foundation with the hot weather recently. I normally have dry skin, but it's been more normal-dry with the summer weather and I was curious about this foundation and decided to give it a try. I'm about NC 25 right now, and 318 is a good match for that. It is neutral leaning towards yellow, which I like. This foundation lasts all day on my normal-dry skin with primer and powder on my t-zone. Despite the "liquid to powder" transformation it does not make me look overly matte or dry. It just looks like skin. With that being said the coverage on this foundation is light that can easily build to medium. It does oxidize a bit over the course of the day but it has a good hold on everything that I put on top of it - blush, bronzer, concealer, etc. Now for the cons: there are only two. The first is that this foundation contains alcohol (behold the secret behind the liquid to powder transformation) which is not the best thing to be putting on your skin every day. It doesn't sting or anything, but I can smell it faintly when applying. The other con is the packaging. I get why it doesn't have a pump and why the hole is so small - it's because this foundation has a very watery consistency and needs to be shaken before application, but still. I usually just pour some onto my foundation brush and then blend it in.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation! I have light-moderate acne and an uneven skin tone, plus combination/oily skin. I was looking for a sheer product that could even out my skin tone, and be just a bit thicker than a BB cream. This stuff is amazing! I use the light ivory shade, and although I could probably go one lighter, this matches fairly well. It blends so easily, practically melts into your skin. In fact, every time I put it on, it honestly looks like I have no makeup on; it looks like your real skin! The coverage is light-sheer, and not really build able on my skin, but that's why there is concealer right? Anyway, I'm very impressed and it seems to work quite well. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a WONDERFUL foundation, mostly for the summer! However, to fully enjoy this product, you HAVE to take into consideration what the purpose of this foundation is. This is NOT meant to completely cover heavy flaws such as severe acne. This foundation is definitely meant for people dealing with moderately discolored skin or light to moderate acne. I say this because it is a light to medium coverage (very buildable) and is not meant to be heavy or provide full coverage. It provides a very light, bare skin look just as it promises. The texture is very similar to a primer and has that buttery silicone texture to it and seamlessly melts into skin. This is NOT meant to be applied with a brush or sponge. Use your hands/fingers to get full effect.

Cons: The bottle does not have a pump which makes dispensing of the runny product pretty difficult and somewhat unsanitary. It is also what I would consider to be a pretty pricey drug store foundation.

I suggest this to people with oily/combination/normal skin. The powder tends to cling to dry patches, which causes dry skin to appear flaky.

Overall: I have combination skin with mild to moderate teenage acne and I find that this product works wonderfully for me, typically for summer when my face is slightly more oily than usual. Also includes spf 18 for those days at the beach or the pool. All in all, I am very pleased by this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ARamic

I should have written this review a long time ago. I bought this in my winter shade when it first came out (twice), I have very pale, neutral borderline golden undertone skin. 312 was a little dark at the time but 310 was PERFECT. This product has a slight learning curve in my opinion. When you shake it, it sounds like water, which I found very interesting, and I accidentally poured out a wee bit too much the first 2 - 3 times I used it.

I have normal, combination skin and used a flat top brush (the E.L.F. powder brush) and this remains my favorite way to apply and buff/blend in the foundation. I absolutely love how natural this looks on my skin and that it is not shiny but not completely matte. I often forget that I am wearing it until a stranger or a family member tells me that my skin looks just wonderful and asks what I use.

I found that it did not clog my pores, enlarge them, or make me break out. I went to ULTA today and I got it for $7 and some change but normally it is around $12 - $13 where I live. In my opinion, that is a little pricey for drugstore on average, but I find that I don't mind paying that amount for this and it is often on sale or there are coupons available.

This is by no means a 12 hours or long wearing foundation, but I find that it lasts me a long time and because it is a "liquid powder" works really well with my liquid AND powder products like highlighter, concealer, and bronzer.

This is a products that I definitely recommend to those who do not have major skin discoloration or very severe acne the coverage, although really good is not made for these concerns like a dermablend or E.L. Double wear.

I like it for summer and everyday and got a new bottle today for my summer shade, which is 328 - Sun beige. The color is perfect but I find that because it blends so well, even if the color is slightly off, it is rarely noticeable.

Overall, could be more inexpensive and not the foundation for heavy duty coverage, but it is SO freaking nice for an everyday foundation and those who like a naturally flawless type of vibe.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. The water like consistency is a bit confusing to work with at first. I accidentally poured out a ton the first two times I used it. Despite the bottle saying not to use a sponge I tried with my beauty blender and it looked streaky and blah. Only have myself to blame for that.

Now I shake the bottle, pour a small amount into my hands, and rub it all over my face. I tap on a bit more over areas of redness or dark spots. This gives you light coverage that looks completely natural. You can build it up to a medium coverage, but it takes a little work since it sets quickly.

It doesn't stick to dry patches or fill in lines or pores. It feels like you are wearing nothing at all, no oily or dry feeling. It doesn't look cakey. The finish is beautiful. It doesn't smell like perfume. It doesn't rub off on clothes. It looks good in flash photos. It sets quickly, which is nice if you apply foundation first and don't want to wait around, afraid to touch your face.

310 Light ivory matches me perfectly. It looks dark in the bottle, but it doesn't oxidize at all and ends up looking less orange than most foundations I've tried. They have a really good selection of light skin tones. I felt like I was able to choose a true colour match.

The staying power is not great. It lasts about four hours without a setting spray. With UD all nighter it still lasts six to eight depending on how humid it is. The bottle opening is way too big for such a liquid formula. You use a lot for relatively sheer coverage, and there is not much in the bottle.

Overall, it's a really great foundation for the price. It's easy to apply, feels great on the skin, and looks so, so good. It's not long lasting or capable of full coverage, so avoid if you want it to cover blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by NattyCoego

I have very oily skin and slight redness on my cheeks and t zone and chin. I wanted a light foundation to use for daytime. This product is great! Be aware that when first applying this product it's very liquidy. But that honestly didn't bother me, because as soon as I blended it in I noticed that it became matte. Not too much, though. Just enough for it to look natural. It evened out my redness and does not clog my pores. I love the fact that it has SPF 18, specifically because I purchased this as a daytime foundation. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin that is looking for a light coverage!