L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder [DISCONTINUED]

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Dimethicone • Cyclohexasiloxane • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Water • Propylene Carbonate • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 8/31/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love it. ITS lightweight and Matt. Only downside, is that it doesn't last an entire workday

on 8/27/2015 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

although L'Oréal is limited on color shades 332 Soft Sable works fine for me. And for $4.80 @ Big Lots, a nice addition to my collection. Product is very watery and can get messy when using. Best application is with fingers as directed. I feel it has a middle coverage and holds pretty fair with little transfer unless you use a lot. Overall I really do like this for casual daily use. ** I dip a Qtip into the bottle to reduce splash and spills.

on 8/25/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite foundation, and I actually didn't realize it was until I noticed that it may be discontinued as no stores sell it anymore (even online) and I practically had a meltdown. I know that the Maybelline dream wonder fluid foundation is fairly similar in the drugstore world, but the Maybelline ones pull slightly more pink, they sink in my pores more, and they're not as matte as the L'oreal one.

So onto why I love this foundation so much. I'm SO SO SO SO ridiculously oily, even after the fact that it's much less oily than it used to be but still finding a good foundation is a challenge. I usually use the L'oreal infallible for my full face looks, but for an every day look because this stuff is so light feeling and and light coverage, I love it. Some people don't like the silicone-like feel but I love how smoothly it goes on my gigantic pores and blurs them out and doesn't sink into them.
It's very liquidy and but I don't have any issues with application. I just press the top of my hand and flip the bottle over, since my hand is pressed tightly to it, only a little comes out so I've never had any spills or messiness issues. Plus It's ridiculously quick and easy to blend which is great when I'm in a rush. It feels so smooth; I can use my fingers or a stippling brush and it comes out flawless.
However if you have a blemish or a dry patch, I don't think this foundation will be your friend, so I get why a lot of people are not fond of it. But I don't have problematic skin that I want to cover I really just want a light veil, if that makes sense. This is perfect, it surprisingly stays matte for about 6ish hours which is a lot for my skin mixed with hot humid Florida. And when it starts to get dewy it looks nice, the foundation doesn't break up and look gross, it just looks natural. My friend even complimented how "glowy" and healthy my skin looked the first time I wore it around her. Like I said this is a very natural, sheer, foundation, not for problematic or dry skin but it for my oily skin and big pores it's just right.

on 8/17/2015 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this foundation for everyday wear! It's lightweight and natural looking. Best of all is application. Each day I look forward to applying it on my skin. It glides on the skin and feels so soft!! Will repurchase.

on 7/30/2015 3:36:00 AM

i got on clearance at my local walmart. ($5.48) the original price was $10.98. first of all, when you open the bottle, the only thing i could smell was the alcohol. disgusting. it does cover up well for me though. its very lightweight & gives you that "no makeup" feel & look. color range selection is good as well as the packaging is sort of cute & simple. the only thing i hated was that it dries too fast & made me breakout like super crazy. plus the smell of alcohol just killed it. :(

on 7/17/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Literally hating this product so much right now! I think from all the heavy sick icons and rubbing alcohol in this product is what broke me out in CYSTIC ACNE! I've never broke out this bad from s foundation before. Also, you better have smooth skin without acne or wrinkles because this stuff doesn't cover much and looks cakey if you don't already have clear skin. Btw, I have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

on 7/7/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow I sure wish I could delete my ugly pic off the photos from when I had my exoticalbino account. Shout out to wrinklefree for making me cringe with that reminder!

Unfortunately I can not get my old account back, thus I can not edit the reviews. So I'm going to re-review this foundation. I used to really like it! I was initially blown away by the light liquid consistency. Back then, water-like foundation was a new rising trend in the cosmetics industry. This was the first foundation to not look cakey on my skin regardless of how much I applied. But then the truth slowly set in...

It is FULL of rubbing alcohol. That is not good for my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. It also did not stay as a "powder" all day. Eventually my skin got used to it, and my oil production went wild.

Shortly after finding Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation, I met the love of my pizzaface's life in 2013. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. The coverage and oil absorption properties blow all of the other foundations out of the water in my book. Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation lasted me 4-5 hours in the summer heat... Rimmel's lasts me 12-15. I am never going back.

Edit: Sentientglittercloud claims this is Dc'ed. If its not, feel free to send her lots of hatemail.

on 7/7/2015 3:04:00 AM

So this was rather disappointing, in the end.

I've heard this is a pretty good dupe for Armani which is why I was initially interested. I've never tried Armani foundation besides noodling around with it in Sephora a bit.

My skin was in good shape when I first tried this stuff and for a while after application, I could, for a drugstore price, effect a pretty solid YSBB look....but in the end it wasn't worth it. Here's why:

1.) As others have mentioned, your skin already needs to be in v. good shape to get away with this foundation. That means no dry patches, no acne, no wrinkles. So this immediately excludes lots of skin types. And if you are like me and your skin is not perfect all of the time, this foundation will not be a friend to you once it starts sucking. I promise.

2.) I know people had good longevity with this but I didn't and that was one of my deal breakers. Full disclosure: I'm oily combo and have been using this at the height of summer. But still. Even with powder or a primer, this would only last for about 2 hours if I went out in the middle of the day before my nose got super shiny. At around 4 hours my whole t-zone was done.

3.) But the absolute worst thing about this product, imo, is the heavy duty silicones used in it. I think they broke me out somewhat and I'm convinced this is why the product doesn't wash off AT ALL. Scrubbing off this foundation at night became like a 15 minute *ordeal*. I'd go through micellar water with 3 cotton rounds and then 2 passes with ultra bland and then rinsing with water. At the end I always felt like there was still a weird film on my fingers. Two days ago I threw both bottles away. No regrets.

on 7/5/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great for a "no makeup" makeup look as long as you don't have many dry patches ie. for going to the gym, beach, camping, etc. Recommend exfoliating immediately prior to applying your moisturizer and this foundation to help eliminate any dry patches as it will accentuate these areas. Goes on best with fingers, quickly and seamlessly blending in to look like a better version of your own skin! - brush and beauty blender just absorb it. Light coverage similar to a BB cream, but better at hiding imperfections. I recommend priming areas that get oily with an oil absorbing primer to make it last longer. Wouldn't wear on a day I need fuller coverage or my foundation to hold up and last all day, but would definitely repurchase for the days I want a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

on 7/3/2015 2:47:00 PM

It's a nice foundation for those who want a tad bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but aren't fully into heavier foundations. It goes on super smooth and silky, I love it. The coverage is light and the texture is very lightweight and smooth. I apply with my fingers because I feel like a brush sucks up the product.

Nice color selection
Light coverage yet flawless
Looks good for 7 - 8 hours
No need to powder unless you're oily

The packaging is horrible - no pump
Can stick to dry patches because it's a powdery finish