September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was alright. I didnt like the texture of it I found it very slippery! Also it didnt give great coverage either and I found it wore off after a few hours of wearing it. Plus, it did not give a glowing flawless finish that I like! Also my t-zone got oily very fast with this foundation. If you have little flaws to coverup and dont really need foundation then this product would be good for you! however, there are much better foundation out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Magic Nude works wonderfully to control my oiliness. It's a semi-matte finish that still leaves a soft dewey effect other fully mattifying foundations don't. The coverage definitely evens out my skin tone and looks extremely natural. It's not heavy or cakey at all. The color is beautiful; I'm a Clay 2 in Iman stick and the soft sable is a great match. No break outs. Love that it has SPF. I absolutely love it. My new HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I bought this ages ago after hearing about it from bloggers. Having to try the newest thing I went out and bought it without testing shades and picked one much too dark. So it sat in the drawer for around four months. A few weeks ago I pulled it out again out of curiosity and found it matches my fake tan shade perfectly so I've been using it lately.

I actually like the fact that this doesn't have a pump and that it is made to be applied with fingers. It cuts application time in half. This is a very sheer coverage for me and I sometimes have to go in and cover imperfections with a heavier foundation. To me, this dries down to a similar finish to L'Oreal True Match, not quite matte but not quite dewy. It looks very natural and makes my skintone look really even.

Overall I really like this foundation and I'm glad I gave it another chance after the shade mishap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lolo42

I love this foundation!!! I have combo skin. Oily t zone with dry jawline. I use my sigma flat top brush to apply. Goes on the skin effortlessly. It's not full cakey coverage. However it completely evens out my skin tone. I would say it's semi matte. IMO, it creates a perfect canvas for the rest of my makeup. I brighten up and highlight with Mac Pro concealer then apply a translucent powder to t zone. Bronzer, blush ect. I have a bad habit of applying and REapplying powder to my oily t zone(sometimes overload lol). With this foundation I can reapply as much as I want. It NEVER gets cakey. I don't know why this gets bad reviews. Your foundation shouldn't be too heavy. It's purpose is to even out your skin tone. This looks like my skin but 10x better. Without looking like I smashed my face in cake.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by somethingscary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, this foundation cost around 10 dollars, making it rather expensive on the drug store spectrum side of things. Being from l'oreal, this wasn't surprising to me.
Looking at the ingredients, the very first one I see is alchohol, which is where the "liquid to powder" comes in, making this potentially drying. I would thus not recommend this for dry skin. The product itself is very liquidy, and comes without a pump, which is both annoying and unsanitary, losing a lippie.
Besides the annoying packaging, the foundation wasn't that bad. It gave a nice sheer, dewey finish. I would reccomend using at least a moisturizer beforehand, and optionally primer for extended staying power. A powder over it to set is definitely necessary, otherwise, it won't last long.
As far as personal preference, there were a few things I don't like. To start off, I have normal to oily skin and I am not acne prone, so the sheer finish was enough for me. What I didn't like was both the application process and the color. You HAVE to follow the directions on the bottle, which direct you to use your fingers to apply. I tried using both a stippling brush and a beauty blender alternatively, both of which delivered way too much product and made me look greasy and orange. The lack of pump doesn't make this easy, because it is extremely thin. You have to use very little to get the desired effect, and the runniness makes this difficult, especially with my long nails. As far as color, these foundations are definitely warm toned, while my skin super cool. I could easily make myself look orange by using too much.
Finally, I found the texture of the product to be utterly unpleasant. It was greasy, and I hated applying it with my hands. It has a silicone feel like primer combined with foundation that dried quickly. I avoided using it because of this.
In conclusion, this is a good foundation for summer with it's sheer coverage, good staying power and spf. I just personally had beef with the awful packaging, the feel of the product, and the necessity of hand application. I feel that this would work best with oily warm-toned skin, because it has the potential if clinging to dry patches.
-kat

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by midlifemakeupcrisis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the light weight quality of this. I'm a NW35 in mac concealer and got the 190 in rose beige. It's a great colour match for my 1/2 South Indian 1/2 Mediterranean skin tone but I'm 41 with kind'a dry skin so I find it just goes a little too powdery on my skin and in some parts of my face it goes really dry and flakey ... still playing about with primer/moisturiser combos that might work but in general pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Ldercole

Hi ladies...So this is my HG foundation but let me tell you why: I have extremely difficult skin to work with. I'm lucky enough to not have any acne BUT I get annoying dry patches. On top of that, I also have oily skin. My forehead and nose (T-Zone) gets very oily and then around the sides of my nose gets VERY dry to the point where I need to exfoliate so often! This foundation is amazing. I'm shocked because it's better than all of the luxury brands I have tried. I have tried so many different high-end brands (NARS, Laura Mercier, MAC, Make Up For Ever, and the list goes on...). This foundation not only makes my skin look flawless... It also looks better throughout the day! It honestly looks even better on my skin after a few hours. You don't even need to set it AS MUCH since it has a powder finish. It looks natural; like skin. Two thumbs up for this amazing foundation! Try it out. It's not that expensive and definitely the best I have ever had.. *drizzy voice*

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this foundation due to all the hype. The bottle is cute but when you shake it little bits come out and are wasted, making a small mess on my table. The feel is neat but this doesn't cover much at all. I prefer medium to full coverage foundations but like a simple easy foundation to throw on when I need to get out the door quick or when I'm just running errands. This foundation has the coverage of a tinted moisturizer or even less. It emphasized dry patches and was not buildable. For $12 at ULTA, it wasn't worth it and I wouldn't repurchase. The Maybelline version also accentuated my dryness but that at least provided decent coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ihuixaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh! This makeup was okay it was not horrible but it was not the best and I will not be purchasing it again. The coverage for me was about a 5 out of 10 it was also long lasting, on average 7 hours of wear. The problem for me was that it highlights the imperfections on my face like my pores and the dryness around my nose and any other dry areas that would temporarily appear. My solution to this was to apply Neutrogena hand cream to my face before the foundation and that kept the dry spots away and left my face looking dewy. Another problem was then longevity of the product, it lasted me about 2 months...seeming as you have to put a lot on your face as it is very liquid and thin. This leads me to the price, for the price of the product in comparison to the longevity, coverage, and illumination of imperfections, I would much rather spend about $20 more and get the foundation that I love that lasts about 3 times longer and covers 2X better, because in the long run replacing this every 2 months would cost me more to own a product I don't love.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Ninamw31

I bought a shade or so darker than my normal foundation shade and mix a couple drops in with my usual clinique foundation. it's nice for summer time to add some color and still look light and natural. I wouldn't use this product as is all over though, too slick and oily but just a few drops for a pretty glow is good!