L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Dimethicone • Cyclohexasiloxane • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Water • Propylene Carbonate • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/28/2015 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. Because of all the alcohol in the ingredients, if you have dry(ish) or sensitive, I would not recommend it however. For me, with my combination skin, as long as I keep my face quite moisturized, it's perfect. I also use my fingers instead of my brush for every day wear, specially those hurried 6am uni mornings, and it's alright. But the coverage is obviously much better when you're using a brush.

on 3/15/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first I was excited to try this out, because it said on the bottle, applies like a liquid and dries to a powder finish. It's VERY liquidy and I was afraid I'd spill this every day, it's an accident waiting. I wasn't overly flattered with this foundation, even though a lot of people complimented me wearing this. It has a light to medium coverage, which is okay if you don't want a lot of coverage. It stayed true to tone throughout the day. But I found when I applied it, it makes the sides of my nose look extra dry and patchy. That went away as my oils came through during the day, but after 4 or so hours, the foundation would wear off around my nose. Maybe it's just such a new formula, that I am not use to. I don't think I'll buy it again, I'll go back to what I'm use to.

on 3/10/2015 7:45:00 PM

Beautiful finish! Feels weightless, nicely pigmented as well

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have used Giorgio Armani Maestro in the past and this is touted as being its dupe. Not only is it a dupe but is the perfect spot on color match for me (classic tan). After a day of wear...10 hours to be exact....this stuff didn't oxidize on me or make my skin look rough. My skin actually looked better and better as the day progressed....the same thing that my GA Maestro did as well. For a drugstore foundation its not bad at all.

on 2/28/2015 5:50:00 PM

Medium coverage with medium staying power. Feels very light on the skin and fades rather than slides off. A great value if you shade match and find it on sale. Reminds me of one of the Armani foundations, forget which one, matte finish and pore minimizing.

on 2/21/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a really nice foundation. It is a very unique consistency, unlike anything I've ever come across, although I hear it's a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation (they have the same parent company and everything) for a fraction for the price. It's a very thin liquid and it feels almost a very wet powder. I'm not sure how else to describe this, but it's very unique. It is sheer at first, but can be built up to a medium coverage. I would say this has a satin finish. The blendability of this foundation is out of this world. No matter how you put it on (brush, fingers, etc...) it's going to go on super easy. It also lasts all day on me, but pretty much all foundations do. But I have to also be logical. As a young person with dry skin (so products tend to last) and virtually flawless skin, I know foundations are generally going to look good, which is why I didn't give this five stars. It was great, but it wasn't a standout, you know? I do have a couple of problems. It does dry my skin out over the day. Also, it tends to emphasize any major dry patches I have. Also the packaging is dreadful (although I would never detract points from the product because of this). All in all, this is a really good foundation and I think the only people it wouldn't work on are those with the oiliest skin. I definitely recommend.

on 2/15/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I always seem to go back to this foundation. It's soo quick and easy to put on. I just tip the bottle onto my cheeks and forehead and rub it in with my fingers. I do however notice that it really brings out the flakiness around my nose, but I just make sure I use a good moisturizer before I apply it and it's fine. It has a very nice finish to it, and my face feels soooooo soft! It's the only foundation that doesn't sink into my laughing lines! I love the light coverage of it too. I have a redness to my cheeks, and it covers that, but still allows my freckles to show through. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything. And I can touch my face throughout the day without it rubbing off like other foundations. It is also the only foundation that is a perfect match to my skin tone.

on 2/12/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The idea for this is really awesome, but this foundation is just good in my opinion (at best), not great. I do not recommend this for people with even slightly dry skin or combination skin- the main problem with this foundation is that it enhances dry skin flakes. From far away you can't tell, but up close, it's pretty visible. I have combination skin, with very minimal dry flaking in my inner checks and my nose- I can't even tell at all without this makeup, but again, this foundation makes the dry flakes pretty prominent.

Lasting power- okay, not great. It could be better. I blot after lunch so it's not a huge deal but people with oilier skin than me might have to touch up throughout the day.

Finish- sort of normal- not quite dewy, not quite matte. That's why I really like about this foundation- you can go for either look. However, because it brings attention to the dry areas of my face, I have found that setting this with power for a matte look only makes that problem worse. Then again, it is already supposed to be both a foundation and powder.

Application- one of the things I like best. They recommend you apply with your fingers and not brushes or blenders or anything, and probably rightly so- the chemicals that assist with this foundation sort of transforming into a powder on your skin are probably catalyzed by the warmth of your fingers. I like that I can just sort of rub this in and be done with it. It blends into skin beautifully and is very buildable.

Color- perfect, it's hard for me to find shades pale enough for my fair skin, but this works. Can't speak for other shades/skin tones, obviously.

Packaging- fine. nothing really to write about here.

on 2/11/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The coverage was nice but like others it dries to a powder like feel and if your skin is dry like mine in the winter it will settle in those spots. I don't hate it but there are better foundations out there. Especially for this price

on 2/8/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly I picked this product up knowing it will be sheer but I wanted it anyways cause the packaging is so cute. I have acne blemishes and it didn't cover them up but it great for a fresh look makeup or even traveling without putting so much makeup on. It did last me a good 6 hours but its not for me.