August 27, 2014 | 908 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Stylo Eyeshadow in Moon River

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Purchased it while I was browsing the duty free goods before my holiday. Mind you, it was a planned purchase. And I am quite pleased with it, although I mentioned so many times in my previous Chanel reviews that I don't like their eyeshadows. Nothing has changed ever since (I'll never learn because the products are gorgeous). My new purchase is not any different (I keep on buying them, using them and swearing that I'll never buy them ever again). I really wanted to buy their new stick eyeshadow, so I did. This particular one is really pretty, bronzy-glittery-shiny and it does have that nice cooling effect when you initially apply it. I pat it on and then spread it with patting motion over the lid with my flat UD brush from the naked palette. With primer and light dusting of powder on top of the primer, it stays on quite well, but the fall out... at first it stayed put but when I looked at my glasses the first evening after I had warn them I was shocked. The glitters were all over my glasses but there was not much of fallout under my eyes. I also bought the same eyeshadow in blue bay for my bottom line. The glittery particles in these sticks are quite large, so if you end if with the fall-out, you are likely to feel it because some of the particles end up in your eyes. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody wearing contacts. I can wear these shadows for work (mind you, it of course depends on how strict the dress code is) because you can apply a thin layer instead of creating a disco ball eye :)
But I still have to deal with the fall-out :( Why couldn't they skip these annoying glitters??? I love and hate it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cream eye shadow after weeks of debating over it. And I am so glad I did , its amazing. It glides on effortlessly and it sets which i love because i was worried about it creasing but it didn't. I wore this for over eight hours and it still looked good by the time I was ready to remove my make up. And I love the colour !

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

Color me foolish. I bought this, then returned it because it creased and generally looked messy very quicklyon me. Then I found out you're supposed to use shadow base with it, so I bought it again. After all, how could I possible not like a Chanel product?
This time around it didn't crease, but it just wasn't flattering on me. Rather than looking flattering and making my eyes look prettier, I thought it just looked glittery and did not do much for me.
I finally swapped in here on MUA and got a Laura Mercier caviar stick, which I really like.
I still love Chanel, but this one thing was not a success for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At $34 this is a pricy stick eyeshadow. Most department store brands seem to max out at $28, so leave it to Chanel to amp it up. Moonstone is a shimmery glittery midrange taupe. Really a great every day taupe color. Problem is its GLITTERY. I didn't have a fall out problem. It lasted all day 12 plus hours with no fading or creasing. It goes on cool to the touch like a lightweight cooling gel. I like this but prefer my mally taupe eyeshadow stick to this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Luckily, I tried this on at Nordstrom's. Holy glitter, Batman! And fallout! I thought the Illusion d'Ombre shadows were shimmery--they're flat, boring mattes compared to these. I was very disappointed, because the shadow feels great (cooling) going on, it applies easily from the twist-up applicator, it blends like a dream, and the gorgeous, slightly greyed beige is a shade I'm always chasing after--it's reminiscent of my beloved MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing. The glitter fallout was significant (probably because the shimmer particles are quite large), not just a tiny bit you can pick up or brush off the undereye area easily. Sadly, I left without this one.