October 31, 2014 | 1088 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Michel Mercier Detangling Brush For Thick Hair (Blue)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MelodyMerciless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this brush for my thick hair. I had previously purchased one similar made by Goody called TangleFix(didn't work it just ripped out my hair). I have always had problems finding brushes and products to help brush through my thick curly/wavy hair. The first time I used the Michel Mercier brush I had no product in my hair and it glided through my hair effortlessly. It was wonderful. I had all of my hair brush out in 10 minutes or less. I have never been able to brush out my thick hair that fast before ever. This brush is amazing!! And it didn't pull out my hair like so many other brushes had in the past. So anyone with thick hair I would definitely recommend this brush. I got mine at Walmart for $14 which is where I bought the Goody Brush for $7.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a holiday gift from my husband. I have the green brush for "normal hair".
I had very long fine hair at the time. I'm sorry, but I cannot understand how this thing detangles- it immediately got very tangled in my hair. If you have super short hair, sure, this may work, but I cannot recommend this product at all for anyone.

If you need something that works to detangle hair, especially when it is wet- get the Wet Brush. It is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I have super-long hair, it's waist length and has a lot of thickness too. I wear my hair naturally wavy and always leave it to air-dry. I brush it when it's wet and sometimes before showering, but need a brush that is able to detangle and leave it soft. I've tried the Tangle Teezer, not good enough for my needs - only brushes the top layer of my hair, not the underside. Then I bought the pink Denman tangle tamer brush, much better than the Tangle Teezer, and also has a handle but still not good enough. It took a good while to brush through my thick hair, and doesn't detangle easily.

When I heard about the Michel Mercier brush I immediately bought one. Firstly it has a lovely thick handle for grip, and comes in three variants: Pink for fine hair, Green for medium, and Blue for thick hair. Ofcourse I got the blue, and I'm happy to say it does such a great job at brushing through my hair with minimal pain and breakage. Most importantly it brushes through all of my hair, not just the top layers. Sometimes I use it in the shower to evenly disperse conditioner and it takes literally seconds. It has over 428 bristles of varying heights, maybe this is why it works so well. All I know is, I love this brush!