Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

4.3

I just tried this product for the first time last night (super bowl sunday) and had the WEIRDEST experience ever!! talk about a product that isn't transfer proof! Woof! check out my new blog for more details and pictures :) http://margiemariee.blogspot.com

I really wanted to love this since it wasn't cheap and it's such a gorgeous red and Stila has great quality products. It's just SO thick and it feathers like crazy even with lip liner and it's not transfer-proof. It doesn't last more than two hours on me. It just bleeds and it's just awful...
I really tried to make it work with lip liner, lip primer, lipstick sealer- No luck. So it's safe to say I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am loving this product. Never had luck with long wearing products in my past but, I read a review on this and figured I would try it. I bought a single color and just bought the 3 pack mini. It truly does last through the day. You may reapply mid day, I do but, none of the dry sticky bad mess from other products I have tried. Being in my 50's I am pretty conscious of the older lip thing and this product does justice. Love Love Love

I first got a sample of this in my birchbox. I had tried beso before in Ulta and didn't like it, didnt quite understand the hype. I didn't think it applied well and the color was weird.
After getting the sample, I applied it straight onto my lips and again- didn't look "right".
Then I tried again the next day but this time I put a lipliner on first. I didn't just line my lips, I totally filled them in just using a nude colored lipliner. Then I put the stila lipstick on and it was BEAUTIFUL.
My natural lip color must have been altering the color of the lipstick maybe? I also don't have very defined lips so lining them helped a lot.
This is now my favorite lipstick and I have already bought the full size even though I haven't used up my sample yet. I also now use it with a red lip liner, which I prefer over the nude liner.
The color is bright red and makes my lips look so full. Very matte finish but does not feel drying on the lips.
I like to pair this with smoky eyes. I think the overall look is so classic and pretty.

I got this in a beauty bag, and although I love red, I tend to not wear it because of the maintenance (Drinking through straws so it won't smear, reapplication) Some of the other liquid lipsticks I've used have been a nightmare as well, smearing and making me look like a clown before the evening is over (I'd rather it just fade than migrate all over my face)

I love this stuff! It's a bright retro red. I first wore it with a Rosie the Riveter costume, and my lips matched the red bandana on my head perfectly. What's more, it stayed completely put, with a clean lipline the whole evening.(Super important when rocking a retro look)

When I applied it, I wiped some on the center of my lips to get rid of some of the excess on the applicator before carefully lining my lips. I drew an X at the bow of my lips and carefully lined them, before filling them in sparingly. Then I sat there and let it set for a few minutes.(Seriously, no kissing, drinking or smoking for a few minutes. You don't want to touchup ever, and this will make it so) It dried to a non transferable but hydrated look. (My husband and daughter were shocked they didn't end up with a big red splotch on their face when I kissed their cheeks. You do not have to use a lot of this, and keeping this in mind will help you put it on flawlessly the first time.

As the evening progressed, I admit that it did tend to dry my lips out a little, but all long wearing lipstains/liquid lips products will do this. (hydration=slick=sliding everywhere) A bit of chapstick on my way home fixed me right up. Over the course of the evening (6 hours) I touched up the inside of my lips once or twice (didn't touch the lipline), but only because I was worried it may wear off, but it always looked flawless.

It did not come off completely at the end of the evening, but the next morning, my lips were a touch rosier than normal, but not bad. (It didn't migrate, so the rosiness was still pretty pristine)

This is my go to red lip now.

INSANELY long wear. I wore it to a dinner party and it looks pretty much perfect after eating and drinking (no touch ups!), so much so that a woman pulled me aside and descretely asked me if my lipstick was tattooed!! I laughed and said, no and showed her my tube of Stila I had hidden in my purse (in case of emergencies). She said she'd been admiring my lipstick all night and couldn't believe it didn't wear off, didn't leave lipstick marks on glasses, etc. A couple other women heard us talking about it and came over to tell me they too were admiring it and thought I looked gorgeous in it.

The Beso shade is the PERFECT shade for a properly retro look, and is bang on perfect for me with my pale complexion and dark hair. Deep red that I would describe as a tomato red. I generally wear orange undertone reds, and this colour works for me. Take that as you will.

You have to be VERY careful putting this lipstick on, it can be a bit tricky, but it gets easier with practice. Once its on and has set you're good to go. Can feel a little bit drying on, but not much and not to the point where I mind it.

I would wear this every day if I could, but sadly the price point forces me to use it for special occasion/dates.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These work awesome! And they really do stay on and don't rub off. A great dupe for the stila liquid lipsticks would be revlon color stay, those things do not come off! Lol. I would prefer it because it is like $14 compared to $22 and they have more colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Texture reminds me of MAC's (I think now discontinued) Lipmix. Spreads evenly, dries quickly. Fully matte, very intense colour. (A darker/less warm red than MAC's red Lipmix.) Leaves a pretty good stain where it does wear off so doesn't look too crazy after eating/drinking coffee/at the inner edges of the lip.

BUT. Colour is so thick and intense, have to wipe off 90% of product back into tube before even touching applicator to lip. Then dot twice on lower lip, and have to smear with finger to cover both lips .. then carefully fill outside edges with what is left on applicator. And THEN I have a beautiful, fully covered intense red lip. (and an intensely red fingertip)

This would work so much better with a small flat lip brush! Why is such an intense colour packaged with a spongey doe-tip applicator that carries tonnes of product??

This IS a beautiful neutral red. I get why people love the colour. It does last, and compared to other matte colours it doesn't look chalky and the stain makes it "live" even when the superintense red has partly worn away.

It's so much work to get it on in the first place I would never carry it with me to retouch. I touch it up/blend it with Revlon Raspberry Pie or Candy Apple Lip Butter.

I absolutely ADORE this product. Beso is a neutral/mid-toned red that is easy to apply. I like to wear this during the holidays with a neutral eye/blush and lots of mascara. The matte formula is long lasting without being too drying (although I would not wear this if my lips were dry and would prep lips with a scrub/balm first). Definitely a good buy.

Olive NC20-25, black hair, brown eyes for reference. I typically prefer blue-based bright or brick reds. Beso is a slightly blue-based bright and true red.

I only bought this on Monday, but I've had Fiery since February and I've previously tried the Sephora Cream Lip Stain (01 Always Red is a dupe for Beso). I'd be lying if I said I didn't choose Beso over Always Red only because the name reminds me of flamenco dancers. I used to think that only brick reds such as NARS Cruella suited my skin tone, but I've recently ventured into the more classic types like MAC Russian Red. Stila Beso is the epitome of vibrant red: timeless and show-stopping, and will make heads turn.

Initially, the flexible doe-foot applicator is a little tricky, and I have shaky hands. When I first started using liquid lipstick, I couldn't apply these without using a lip liner (MAC Brick is my HG). However, as of this week, I think I've gotten more used to the applicator and can now do it freehand. BUT you still want to take your time with it, this dries down like nail polish and is best removed with something oil-based. In a pinch, I like Maybelline Baby Lips because those don't serve a purpose for me otherwise.

The color itself, I think, dries down the tiniest bit deeper than it goes on. On me, it looks like a more intense version of Russian Red, maybe slightly less blue. It makes my yellowish teeth look insanely white and my lips look lush due to the velvety matte finish. The crisp edge is easily cleaned up with concealer and makes for a very professional, neat look. I am a student and I've been complimented by friends and even some teachers.

As for longevity, I put this on at 6am and I remove it at 5:30pm. The most it wears off is along the inside corners of my mouth, which is tolerable for me as it isn't too starkly noticeable unless I'm doing a lot of talking. The color eventually starts to transfer from my lip line if I do a Kiss Test, but I think this is because of the natural oils of my skin and this product isn't technically supposed to be a miracle of biblical proportions anyway, so I'm okay with that. It's still basically infused with the blood of Christ. Sometimes I like putting on Russian Red first and blotting that, then applying Beso over so that the corners don't show where the liquid lipstick has flaked off. This DOES make the lipstick transfer more and deteriorate quicker though, so your mileage may vary.

I haven't had a problem with it being drying, but I think it could easily be remedied with a waxy lip balm (think eos--not great for heavy-duty moisture, but won't melt off the lipstick) over or under.

I love wearing Beso with a simple cat eye and bronzed cheeks, or with a full on smokey eye and heavy liner inspired by Spanish flamenco dancers, or in a Snow White inspired look with taupey-champagne eyes and rosy cheeks. Beso is just so versatile and beautiful. It will suit most if not all skin tones! All in all, I'd highly recommend it, and will repurchase as soon as I run out.

Recommended for Medium Skin