Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

4.3

on 3/1/2015 11:37:00 PM

I love this lipstick, its the colour i have been looking for. its feels so soft on your lips. it is very pigmented and last all day .. definitely would buy all colours in it

on 2/7/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a perfect red and it does last a long time. It wasn't hard to apply and it gives a perfect matte finish. For more gloss I add a shiny lipstick on top and it still lasts a long time. It is pricey at $32 but I've been wanting it for about a year so I finally got it. I plan to get it in Fiery too as I could hardly choose between them. Both are beautiful shades of red.

on 1/14/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a deep, true red. No fuchsia or pink or orange bullcrap. Just red. It is more deep than bright, so it is nice and flattering on me.

I am not a huge matte fan (I find them to be too drying and that can be aging in my opinion) but it does stay on. It is not the easiest to apply, but since it does not move around, the extra time spent is worth it. It has a pleasant light vanilla scent.

on 1/8/2015 10:45:00 AM

I have this product in both Beso and Fiery, and for a while, I thought Fiery was my signature, since I'm drawn to the deeper, blue based reds. However, I started working at a makeup store and decided to switch it up and try Beso. Now, usually I'll get a few compliments on my lip color, but nothing crazy. However, any time I wore Beso, I had at least 10 people a day ask me where I got it, and several would buy it on the spot. Now, I'd like to think it's because I rocked it so well, but honestly, I think Beso is just that perfect. It's not a blue based red, which some have been saying, nor is it deep. Maybe when people say deep they mean that it is vivid? Because it is that: a showstoppingly vivid, true, neutral red in a velvet matte finish. To compare it to other shades, I'd say it's less blue than Ruby Woo, and though Ruby Woo is an amazing shade, it's even more vivid.

As far as wear, it has the same pros and cons as most liquid to mattes. You have to be careful to apply precisely, and in very thin layers. Unless corrected immediately, mistakes are difficult to erase, and too thick an application keeps it from drying to a velvet finish- instead, it gets tacky.

For me, the most annoying thing about this or any liquid to matte is, ironically, the thing that I also love about it. I don't like worrying about transfer, or smudging, or wearoff, which is why I tend to go for liquid lipsticks more than stick formulas. Liquid to mattes like these are the longest and most evenly wearing formula you're gonna get, by far.

However, after a few hours, the color will wear a little on the inside of the lips, as any lip product tends to do. It will still look great everywhere else, but if you have big lips like me, that bit of wear sort of noticeable. Now, with regular lipstick, touching up is pretty seamless, but with a liquid to matte like Stila, reapplying another layer on top of the existing ones can give you that dreaded tacky texture I mentioned before. It's annoying, but carrying around a small pack of makeup wipes helps with that. It's honestly easier to remove all the color and reapply than try to touch up. And no matter what you do, the product will also, unfortunately, begin to settle a little into lip lines after a few hours, and that flawless velvet finish will look a bit rougher for the wear. I've tried using primer and/or balm on top, but I don't know that they help. I find they tend to dull the color and texture slightly. You know how sometimes a thicker nail polish will get sort of weird and uneven if you add a base or topcoat? This is kind of like that. Actually, if you think of nail polish in general, that's a good way to think of how this product works.

STILL, despite all that, Stila Beso is probably my favorite lipstick of all time, and I have tried a LOT of lipstick. It's just an amazing, amazing red, with a finish so velvety matte it makes your lips almost look like they've been photoshopped. I'll add that Kat Von D Everlasting Kiss in Underage Red and LimeCrime Red Velvet are nearly identical dupes to Beso, but something about it still gives it that edge over all the rest.

on 1/7/2015 3:12:00 AM

I have been going through a red lipstick phase recently (think Chanel 99, NARS Dragon Girl and Heat Wave, YSL's Glossy Stain in number 11, MAC's Russian Red) and this is my latest acquisition. The colour is stunning; a deep red that makes my teeth look white and my skin (NC25/30) glow. The formula lets this product down. It's matte and possibly the most drying matte formula I've encountered (this is saying something considering I own Russian Red). It accentuates my lip lines and continues to suck the moisture from my lips and tears them up. The application is quite difficult because it is such a loud colour and the formula is rather thick and quick to set that you'll need to be super diligent and accurate with the application. It is super long lasting - through drinks and meals; this point and the beautiful colour are the reasons why I'll keep the product and will only use on special occasions.

on 12/28/2014 11:20:00 PM

As its been years since those MaxFactor infinity lipsticks came onto the market, I had high hopes that maybe someone has finally nailed it and combined those two factors that seem to be mutually exclusive - a non-drying lipstick that is also kiss/food/drink proof. Sadly, this Stila lipstick does not stand up. In terms of application, less is definitely more as its consistency is like clown makeup. Highly pigmented, but not in that soft lipstick kind of way - the texture is harsh and similar to acrylic paint. Due to its fast drying formula, you need to be precise and work quickly to correct any mishaps. Also, instead of sinking in nicely, it seems to sit on top of your lips - this creates a very harsh outline which I hate. You can soften it up by gently dabbing the applicator on the edge of your lip line to smudge it a bit. It dries to a matte finish, but again, it's that incredibly dry looking matte that brings out every single crease on your lips. I found applying a bit of lip balm beforehand gave me a better finish, but not sure if any balm can be applied afterwards without it affecting the long lasting nature of the lipstick. I didn't leave it on long enough to see whether it actually outlasted things like food and drink, but I'm pretty sure it would have - it looked and felt no different to the stock standard MaxFactor, Revlon and L'Oreal ones. Comes off cleanly with some Vaseline and a tissue - doesn't seem to stain the lips either, which is great. Basically, if you wear lipstick everyday (I wear NARS jungle red) and are looking for something that will give you the same finish but with greater lasting power, then keep searching because it hasn't been invented yet! Although I'm happy with NARS, I was hoping to wear this to an all day music festival, where it would be inconvenient to reapply lipstick constantly. Wishful thinking! However, I will say that it works very well as a base - I dabbed 2 dabs on both my upper and lower lips before spreading the colour with my fingers. This could have worked on its own, as it gave me a lovely stained finish. However, I waited for it to dry before applying my usual lipstick. It made my lipstick last longer - even after eating and drinking, the Stila seemed to remain on the inner part of my lips.

on 12/7/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

THE RED. Fantastic, perfect, ride-or-die, HG, etc.

I believe in lipstick as the best concealer. Every lady should have that perfect, bright shade of red lipstick in her beauty bag that renders everything else on her face irrelevant. I whip this baby out whenever the spots, undereye circles, scars, flakes, and general dinginess become too much for my usual routine.

This is not an "Intro to Lipstick" red. If your basic sheer tint is Red 101, then this is your senior thesis. It's intensely pigmented, 100% opaque, and dries down to a velvety matte finish that literally will not budge for hours. The color is an extremely vivid true red (if I had to pick a side, I'd say that it puts a toe into the blue-red side of the spectrum, as opposed to orange-based red), not for the faint of heart. You'll want to make sure that you have the hang of the applicator before you start wearing this on a daily basis, because errors are not easy to erase. It's not particularly drying, but matte liquid lippies are not known for their hydrating properties either. I usually layer on Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream for a few minutes before, blot it so that it's less slick, and then apply this. One thin layer gets you dense color, so the tube lasts forever.

I'm actually not the hugest Stila girl, but this single product alone makes their whole line worthy of admiration. If they ever discontinued it, I would probably camp out at Sephora and refuse to leave until they reinstated it. Highly, highly recommend.

on 10/29/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for the perfect red matte lipstick that was low maintenance (like the rest of my beauty routine). Found this in Sephora (colour is fiery) and this has been such a godsend! It's the perfect 'true' red that suits everyone and doesn't budge an inch, even if I've just stuffed my face. The number of compliments I've received with this lipstick makes me think that this is it - I've found my match. I don't wear it with anything else other than a lipbalm but I'm thinking of investing in a red lip liner.

TL;DR: 10/10 would buy again. Would recommend to a friend. Would buy out the store if Stila ever decided to discontinue this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Freaking amazeballs man, seriously! For reference I'm Barcelona in Nars sheer glow, bisque 320 w in tent idle ultra and probably NC 40 ish. I usually go for more blue based reds and thought this would be too orange but it's the perfect bright red for my skin tone. People who complain about the product drying out or setting into lines, just dab some Vaseline lip balm ( make sure it's the balm since it's consistency runs a bit thicker than just the normal vasline) on your lips and apply the lipstick. A little goes a long way and the staying power is wonderful, for me around 8 hours if I eat carefully. No need for liner really.

on 6/20/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Beso is positively, absolutely, infinitely my favorite "perfect" red. It's not a blue-based red like most others are saying: it's a true, neutral red, and it brightens up my complexion like no other.

There are specific reasons why I love this liquid lipcolor:

1) It's really "stay all day" -- unless your lips come into some major contact with moisture... which is actually more of a con.
2) Despite the fuzzy doe-tip wand, it's very easy to define your lips with it!
3) It's matte, and gives your lips that velvet-y red texture that reminds you of rose petals.
4) Easy application: it dries all-over within 10 seconds. Apply thin layers, because it will get plastic-y goopy if you apply a thick layer (think of nail polish).

I won't deny that it IS a tad drying... but I don't mind, because I've never met a matte finish lipcolor that wasn't drying (and if it was moisturizing, it wasn't even matte--it would have a slight satin finish to it).

*****For all the ladies who love this shade but would like it in a much cheaper price, Sephora sells a liquid lipcolor in the exact shade in "01 Red" for $12. The tube is about half-size of Stila's beso, however, so I'm not sure if you'd be saving too much...*****

Popular Lipsticks