October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whoa Nelly! It's rare, but my blush is still visible (6:00 am to 6:00 pm).

Let's talk about the price. $22 is high, but it will last and last.

I WILL buy this again; I might even buy a second shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this product in Pink Escape (cool pink) and Berry Bliss (cool berry) and love them both. The wide-mouth, shallow jars are perfect for accessing the product, yet doesn't encourage them to dry out. Don't let the shade in the pot fool you--the color is beautifully sheer, yet true. They apply and blend (I used my fingers) like a dream--the gel texture is not sticky, as you'd expect, nor is it slippery, and it doesn't blend out to nothing. It's easy to layer for more color if you wish. And the look is perfectly natural--I don't know that I've used another product that's so undetectable. At first I thought I hadn't applied enough, but the color was there, just perfectly melded with my foundation--no edges. And I got more than eight hours of wear without setting with powder or another blush, which is a nice bonus. There are what Tarte's stick gel blushes should have been but weren't. They're a little pricey at $22 for .18 oz, but, as the saying goes, a little really does go a long, long way. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As I'm quite pale(sometimes even sick looking) I wanted to use this blush for daily use though I like wearing makeup I avoid wearing it too much as it can be bad for the skin. Let me tell you how pleased I am that I found a blush that is cream consistency as I have dry skin,

Paraben free which is a huge plus,
Argan oil and 50% coconut water,
Natural ingredients,
27$au for a item in mecca
Cruelty free
...etc

This is what caught my eye to buy it and I though that i have found a makeup item that I can use everyday happily!
But it was alittle disappointing by the performance.

It is very sheer and need good blending especially with someone who suffers couperose because it will enhance it if not blended well.

If you need good coverage out of your foundation like me because I can't apply concealer to my couperose it really does enhance it when I apply to blush as it wipes away your foundation even if you pat it in.

Takes a lot of time to blend for that flush natural look

Very basic colours to choose. Deep plum, brown, orange and 3 different shades of red which show up the same on the skin.

I'm also not sure what happens when Australia becomes hot. If it is travel friendly or purse friendly as I think it may turn to liquid.

Also claims 14 hours wear which I don't see happening. Its already fading and I spent a long time apply and building colour.

On the good side, its very natural and hydrating. A great everyday wear which can be beneficial to skin. Not too pricey for such a brand though the oils seem quite pricey. Great for dry skin

Overall, its a nice idea and a spurge item to own but I'd you have skin issues esp with redness it doesn't work well with foundation as its made with oils. I wouldn't need this item to be honest. Much more of a splurge. Quite pricey for splurge I didn't really need but if it works out for you quite good price. Also seems to last long.
Great for people with more clearer skin and needs a nice healthy glow to their skin.
If you have issues with oily skin. Avoid! Very dewy!
Argan oil breaks me out but I have only worn it a day so I'm not sure but will update.
UPDATE: It hasnt caused any breakout and It works on mineral loose powder foundation too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SassyVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Picked this up in gateway red. Love!! True application isn't the easiest and is prone to blotching as it dries quick but take it easy on the application and build color with layers, you should be just fine. I'm at 6 hours and counting, no sign of fading.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this. But no matter how fast I blend, I can beat the drying time! And putting it over moisturizer doesn't help - it just looks blotchy.

Maybe on teens or women in their 20's - but not on older faces.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up a small jar of this in the checkout line in Sephora. What a beautiful color (Poppy Paradise)! I like the texture and find it's easier to apply than I thought it would be. But I am so disappointed in how long it lasts. I read other reviews that say it lasts for hours, but, for me, that is not happening. I am not shy when it comes to applying my blush, so it's really on there when I start. But it's only an hour or so before there is just no sign of it on my cheeks. How sad! I use a sealer, too. I don't rub at my face or do anything that might be removing it. It just isn't there anymore.
So sad.. I love the color and I love the natural look of it. Maybe it's just me, because I see how popular it is.
I would admire the colors in the store, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As anyone who has tried a blush that is of a consistency other than powder, these kinds of blushes are, well, tricky. They are difficult to apply in a way so that they look good, and all of your hard work is for naught because they fade away within hours. But fear not! Josie Maran somehow created the perfect non-powder blush in this product! These Cheek Gelees are amazing! They apply so sheerly that it's easy to apply them to your cheeks without overdoing it (one hint: since your cheeks are obviously going to get red from you rubbing the color on your cheeks, at least if you're using your finger rather than a brush, put a dab on, rub it into your cheeks, then wait a few seconds for the redness from the friction from your fingers to subside. Only then will you get an accurate view of how much blush you've really applied.). The color lasts for hours without fading, maybe all day if your skin is on the drier side that holds on to make up well. There's also a wide range of pinks, plums, and bronzes that should suit just about every skin tone and hue. It may seem like you're not getting much in the tiny pot, but I assure you, you don't use much for each application. I can't recommend this product highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't bring myself to pay $22 for one of these little pots when I wanted to try two different colors. So, when Sephora came out with a mini -- I snagged them up. I bought a mini in Pink Escape and Poppy Paradise. I absolutely LOVE Poppy Paradise. That is my favorite of the two. It gives a pop of color to the cheeks that looks most natural. Pink Escape is more pink and for some reason -- I just prefer Poppy. These sink into the skin and look very natural. As for longevity --- they seem to last throughout the day -- but I do need to top it with some powder if I'm going somewhere that night and just want more color. I would purchase Poppy Paradise in the full size, but I'm going to see how long these minis last!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by newyorkdely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I looked around for a while for a nice, bright blush for my pale skin (which can get washed out pretty easily). I also wanted something that was cruelty free - this fit both of my needs. I have it in Getaway Red, which on my skin looks really natural but bright, like I just got back from a Fall walk. Another great thing about it is that it's nice and moisturizing. It leaves just a little glow on your cheek bones. And a last unexpected bonus is that it's an AMAZING lip balm and lip stain. It's actually the best lip moisturizer I've ever had. I'm definitely going to keep experimenting with Josie Maran off of this experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Emwins

I have this blush in berry and just bought it in poppy also. I love the fact that it's cruelty free. The formula is great for days that I don't wear foundation, however sometimes it does kind of layer poorly.
I sometimes wear it with foundation and for the most part, it's fine. But sometimes if the color seems a bit too sheer, adding another layer makes my foundation come off.
Overall I really like this stuff, I'm planning on giving it as Christmas gifts. It's a great, natural looking makeup.