September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this. But no matter how fast I blend, I can beat the drying time! And putting it over moisturizer doesn't help - it just looks blotchy.

Maybe on teens or women in their 20's - but not on older faces.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up a small jar of this in the checkout line in Sephora. What a beautiful color (Poppy Paradise)! I like the texture and find it's easier to apply than I thought it would be. But I am so disappointed in how long it lasts. I read other reviews that say it lasts for hours, but, for me, that is not happening. I am not shy when it comes to applying my blush, so it's really on there when I start. But it's only an hour or so before there is just no sign of it on my cheeks. How sad! I use a sealer, too. I don't rub at my face or do anything that might be removing it. It just isn't there anymore.
So sad.. I love the color and I love the natural look of it. Maybe it's just me, because I see how popular it is.
I would admire the colors in the store, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As anyone who has tried a blush that is of a consistency other than powder, these kinds of blushes are, well, tricky. They are difficult to apply in a way so that they look good, and all of your hard work is for naught because they fade away within hours. But fear not! Josie Maran somehow created the perfect non-powder blush in this product! These Cheek Gelees are amazing! They apply so sheerly that it's easy to apply them to your cheeks without overdoing it (one hint: since your cheeks are obviously going to get red from you rubbing the color on your cheeks, at least if you're using your finger rather than a brush, put a dab on, rub it into your cheeks, then wait a few seconds for the redness from the friction from your fingers to subside. Only then will you get an accurate view of how much blush you've really applied.). The color lasts for hours without fading, maybe all day if your skin is on the drier side that holds on to make up well. There's also a wide range of pinks, plums, and bronzes that should suit just about every skin tone and hue. It may seem like you're not getting much in the tiny pot, but I assure you, you don't use much for each application. I can't recommend this product highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't bring myself to pay $22 for one of these little pots when I wanted to try two different colors. So, when Sephora came out with a mini -- I snagged them up. I bought a mini in Pink Escape and Poppy Paradise. I absolutely LOVE Poppy Paradise. That is my favorite of the two. It gives a pop of color to the cheeks that looks most natural. Pink Escape is more pink and for some reason -- I just prefer Poppy. These sink into the skin and look very natural. As for longevity --- they seem to last throughout the day -- but I do need to top it with some powder if I'm going somewhere that night and just want more color. I would purchase Poppy Paradise in the full size, but I'm going to see how long these minis last!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by newyorkdely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I looked around for a while for a nice, bright blush for my pale skin (which can get washed out pretty easily). I also wanted something that was cruelty free - this fit both of my needs. I have it in Getaway Red, which on my skin looks really natural but bright, like I just got back from a Fall walk. Another great thing about it is that it's nice and moisturizing. It leaves just a little glow on your cheek bones. And a last unexpected bonus is that it's an AMAZING lip balm and lip stain. It's actually the best lip moisturizer I've ever had. I'm definitely going to keep experimenting with Josie Maran off of this experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Emwins

I have this blush in berry and just bought it in poppy also. I love the fact that it's cruelty free. The formula is great for days that I don't wear foundation, however sometimes it does kind of layer poorly.
I sometimes wear it with foundation and for the most part, it's fine. But sometimes if the color seems a bit too sheer, adding another layer makes my foundation come off.
Overall I really like this stuff, I'm planning on giving it as Christmas gifts. It's a great, natural looking makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lryreviewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought the shade Poppy Paradise in hopes it would create a natural, long-lasting flush to my cheeks for the summer. This product fulfilled my expectations, however my skin doesn't like it. If I use it two days in a row I will get a pimple on my either one of my cheeks. I am not sure what could be in it that could be causing my reaction but it is really disappointing :( . If you are a fair skinned girl these blushes will look amazing on you! This particular shade makes for a good Snow White cheek (if you catch my drift). I am still going to wear it but only every now and then because I love the look it gives so much. If it didn't make me break out I would have bought all the colors in the range!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best "i'm in a hurry, let's get some blush on" product I've ever had. Instant brightening, dewy finish, gorgeous color and very natural-but-better. Almost texture-less, so it looks great on bare skin or over foundation. My only gripe is it doesn't last long, but some translucent powder helps, and it's small enough to carry to reapply later in the day. Great product

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I have this in the color Pink Poppy. My favorite part about this product is it's looks like a completely natural flush due to it being a light stain-like finish. I don't know about the rest of the colors, but for my fair-medium skin, it didn't take much at all just to make a nice pink flush. It can be easy to over do, so you have to be careful. I have been applying with my fingers, so perhaps there is a better way. As of this point in time, it's my favorite bare-faced blush. I'm not sure how this would work paired with a heavy face of makeup, but I don't think it would work especially well. But for me, and the amount of makeup I usually wear, its perfect. I highly highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was an impulse buy- I never use cheek tints or gels because I have super oily skin... but I have to say, I'm liking it. I'm usually not the type of person to go for a "natural" look (I wear a smokey eye every day) BUT I figure, this is great for the beach or for other summer activities where regular makeup might be too heavy.

When I first put it on, I thought it would be more pigmented. Turns out you do need to use a pretty good amount to actually see color. Because of this, it's kind of pricey for such a small jar. Also, the color sort of takes a few minutes to develop. At first I saw NO difference, so I thought it was a complete waste of money... then I checked back 5 minutes later and saw a natural rosey cheek effect, like I had just pinched my cheeks. It's nice and natural. It also lasts a lot longer than you would think for such a barely-there wash of color... At least 5 hours.

I'm very acne prone so hopefully the Argan Oil won't break me out... I'll update in a week or so.