February 1, 2015 | 1135 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I completely agree with the previous reviewer. I don't understand all the positive reviews. This sets so quickly. Makes it impossible to blend properly. No matter how I have tried it just goes on patchy and won't blend right. You have to rub So much that your foundation comes off. This stuff is impossible. Never such a difficult blending time in my life

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 3:19:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been wanting to try Josie Maran products for awhile and was thrilled to see an adorable little pot of the cheek gelee in Pink Escape in a kit I ordered from Sephora. Unfortunately it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. Pink Escape looks very bright and dark in the little pot but applies more sheer and is actually very pretty, even on my warm skin that typically looks better in more orange based shades than pink. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but I can see with this type of product any other packaging may not work. I used a plastic spatula to scrape the blush out so I wouldn't have to use my fingers, problem solved. I smeared a little on my cheek and it set almost the minute it touched my skin. It dried so much quicker than I ever thought a gel texture product would. I had a hell of a time blending it. You must work fast with this product! The second time I used it I was prepared to blend with lightning speed so I've been getting better results. The deal breaker though is that it basically removes any foundation or concealer I wear under it. Even if I don't rub off all my makeup trying to blend the gelee, it eats away at my concealer and ends up looking patchy and uneven. I may try this again in the summer when I go a little more bare faced and see how it fares. As of right now though, I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 3:03:00 AM More reviews by nailizz

This is really awesome for the summer. The color looks like water color paint when you apply it which looks so beautiful. It gives a really dewy and youthful glow and its moisturizing too! I would recommend to get the small/trial/travel size one because its only $13 and its super cute and ive had it since mid july and its now early January and I still have more than half left and ive used it almost everyday from july-october and then some days here and there from November til now. So I think the small jar is a good investment for a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ellen1159

Ordered a sample size in Pink Escape. Glad I didn't shell out for the full size.,
Not a terrible product, just not as magical as the hype makes it sound. I need a cream blush for my mature skin. This product is a pretty, sheer, clear pink with a tinge of peach and looks nice on my cool-toned skin, but it's messy to apply and I want something with more oomph than a sheer stain. I think this would be nice on younger, tanned skin, perhaps in a deeper shade. I'll stick with my NARS and Chanel blushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lauralei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the Coral color. It had been on my wishlist forever, and I finally broke down and got it. I was expecting to love it- all natural, pretty color, and I had read so many favorable reviews. But when I put it on, it was invisible! I added more, still nothing. I have no need for invisible blush, so I returned it. I'm very fair so it's weird that it couldn't be seen at all; usually I have problems with blush being too much. Maybe the other colors work better...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by audralou

This is my first Josie Maran purchase. I was in the market for a new blush and had actually been walking around Sephora with a Kat von D blush when I remembered seeing Josie Maran products on QVC the night before. I was sampling her argan oil creams when I spotted this. The colors were so beautiful and I immediately fell in love with Poppy Paradise.

There is a lot of product in the pot for $22 considering you only need a few dots on your cheek to pat the color in. It is buildable but will spread foundation around if you keep touching your cheeks. I also use this as a lip balm at night and in the mornings. Coconut water and argan oil can't go wrong. It gives a very natural flush but I would use sparingly if you have natural redness that comes through during your day.

It isn't overly shiny, sticky or have tremendous slip. In my opinion the product acts as more of a stain, leaving pigment behind as your skin absorbs the argan oil and coconut water. There is an EXTREMELY FAINT scent that I can't place, the packaging said it was all natural fragrances so at least it isn't artificial.

I am enjoying the product especially since the weather has turned cool, the gelee seems to sit better on my skin than my powder blush was.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whoa Nelly! It's rare, but my blush is still visible (6:00 am to 6:00 pm).

Let's talk about the price. $22 is high, but it will last and last.

I WILL buy this again; I might even buy a second shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this product in Pink Escape (cool pink) and Berry Bliss (cool berry) and love them both. The wide-mouth, shallow jars are perfect for accessing the product, yet doesn't encourage them to dry out. Don't let the shade in the pot fool you--the color is beautifully sheer, yet true. They apply and blend (I used my fingers) like a dream--the gel texture is not sticky, as you'd expect, nor is it slippery, and it doesn't blend out to nothing; it gives a gorgeous, translucent glow (no shimmer). It's easy to layer for more color if you wish. And the look is perfectly natural--I don't know that I've used another product that's so undetectable. At first I thought I hadn't applied enough, but the color was there, just perfectly melded with my foundation--no edges. And I got more than eight hours of wear without setting with powder or another blush, which is a nice bonus. There are what Tarte's stick gel blushes should have been but weren't. They're a little pricey at $22 for .18 oz, but, as the saying goes, a little really does go a long, long way. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

As I'm quite pale(sometimes even sick looking) I wanted to use this blush for daily use though I like wearing makeup I avoid wearing it too much as it can be bad for the skin. Let me tell you how pleased I am that I found a blush that is cream consistency as I have dry skin,

Paraben free which is a huge plus,
Argan oil and 50% coconut water,
Natural ingredients,
27$au for a item in mecca
Cruelty free
...etc

This is what caught my eye to buy it and I though that i have found a makeup item that I can use everyday happily!
But it was alittle disappointing by the performance.

It is very sheer and need good blending especially with someone who suffers couperose because it will enhance it if not blended well.

If you need good coverage out of your foundation like me because I can't apply concealer to my couperose it really does enhance it when I apply to blush as it wipes away your foundation even if you pat it in.

Takes a lot of time to blend for that flush natural look

Very basic colours to choose. Deep plum, brown, orange and 3 different shades of red which show up the same on the skin.

Hot weather makes it soft and moshy. Plus packaging is NOT GOOD.

Also claims 14 hours wear which I don't see happening. Its already fading and I spent a long time apply and building colour.

On the good side, its very natural and hydrating. A great everyday wear which can be beneficial to skin. Not too pricey for such a brand though the oils seem quite pricey. Great for dry skin

Overall, its a nice idea and a spurge item to own but I'd you have skin issues esp with redness it doesn't work well with foundation as its made with oils. I wouldn't need this item to be honest. Much more of a splurge. Quite pricey for splurge I didn't really need but if it works out for you quite good price. Also seems to last long.
Great for people with more clearer skin and needs a nice healthy glow to their skin.
If you have issues with oily skin. Avoid! Very dewy!
Argan oil breaks me out but I have only worn it a day so I'm not sure but will update.
UPDATE: It hasnt caused any breakout and It works on mineral loose powder foundation too!

PACKAGING does not wear well! I got my makeup bag dirty so I got alcohol wipes to clean the packaging and the colour on the lid came off from the alcohol!!! And after awhile the colour on the edges of the lid starts chipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SassyVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Picked this up in gateway red. Love!! True application isn't the easiest and is prone to blotching as it dries quick but take it easy on the application and build color with layers, you should be just fine. I'm at 6 hours and counting, no sign of fading.