Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

4.3

Water**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice**, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate**, Methyl Gluceth-20**, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20**, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 2/19/2015 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

This product is amazing!! I usually wear only powder blushes but when I switched my foundation over to Tarte's Amazonian clay powder foundation I figured so much powder would make me look a bit chalky. So I read some reviews on this product and I was scared on what I might I might receive when I ended up buying it. But first let me say this. I have pretty oily skin and this cheek stain gives me a slight glow that makes me look alive but not at all oily in the slightest. Also the product does not wear off by the end of the day like I was afraid it would. It stays forever!! I bought the darkest color and I am very very pale and it is the perfect shade for me. So I don't recommend getting a lighter shade unless you are trying to go for the "no blush" look. Also the argon oil in it does not make me break out at all so it's perfect! I could rave about this product all day, but I'd bore you. Just want to say that if you read any bad reviews about this product, forget them and just go buy this! You will not regret it.

on 2/8/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a small pot of this in Pink Escape in a points perk and was really excited to try it out. Sadly it lacks pigment, is difficult to get out of the package and doesn't blend easily. Such a disappointment. Worst of all, to get it blended I end up really disturbing my foundation underneath. If you are looking for a seamlessly blend-able, natural finish cream product look for the Rimmel cheek tints in the little white tube.....which are also less than half the price.

on 2/4/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've become a fan of this in Getaway Red but it wasn't love at first try. At first, it sat in my makeup bag unused because I couldn't get it to apply smoothly- I love the color, a sheer red that leans slightly orangish on my asian complexion, but it would set right away and I ended up with fingertip-shaped blotches on my cheeks. It would even cling to and accentuate skin flakes I didn't know I had! The solution for me has been to rough up the surface of the gelee with a toothpick so that I can grab more product at once and also to only use it when I'm wearing my daily moisturizer plus my tinted moisturizer underneath. This product is not for bare skin because it needs an emollient base to lengthen the drying time and allow for blending! I've found that applying everything that I want to go onto my cheeks in one go is the best way. I tap the product I've picked up on the tip of my index finger along my cheekbone quickly and then tap clean index and middle fingers over the area until the color is evenly distributed. The end result is a beautiful lit-from-within flush that lasts… and lasts! Like another reviewer, I fell asleep with my makeup on and the only product that survived till the next morning was this cheek color. I guess this would be a good product to use if you're still in the beginning of dating someone and want to look better-than-bare-faced the morning after! ;)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have this in Getaway Red and it is one of my new favorites. I initially got it to test it for my wedding makeup in 2013, so this little pot has lasted a year and a bit. Basically, you have to take it easy on the application as a little goes a long way. It blends quite easily but you have to work quickly. Once set, it looks extremely natural. Getaway Red in particular looks seamless. I was very happy how it turned out in pictures and I just kept on using it because it matches almost anything since it is close to my natural blushing color. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 PM

I completely agree with the previous reviewer. I don't understand all the positive reviews. This sets so quickly. Makes it impossible to blend properly. No matter how I have tried it just goes on patchy and won't blend right. You have to rub So much that your foundation comes off. This stuff is impossible. Never such a difficult blending time in my life

on 1/21/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wanting to try Josie Maran products for awhile and was thrilled to see an adorable little pot of the cheek gelee in Pink Escape in a kit I ordered from Sephora. Unfortunately it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. Pink Escape looks very bright and dark in the little pot but applies more sheer and is actually very pretty, even on my warm skin that typically looks better in more orange based shades than pink. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but I can see with this type of product any other packaging may not work. I used a plastic spatula to scrape the blush out so I wouldn't have to use my fingers, problem solved. I smeared a little on my cheek and it set almost the minute it touched my skin. It dried so much quicker than I ever thought a gel texture product would. I had a hell of a time blending it. You must work fast with this product! The second time I used it I was prepared to blend with lightning speed so I've been getting better results. The deal breaker though is that it basically removes any foundation or concealer I wear under it. Even if I don't rub off all my makeup trying to blend the gelee, it eats away at my concealer and ends up looking patchy and uneven. I may try this again in the summer when I go a little more bare faced and see how it fares. As of right now though, I won't be buying it again.

on 1/10/2015 3:03:00 AM

This is really awesome for the summer. The color looks like water color paint when you apply it which looks so beautiful. It gives a really dewy and youthful glow and its moisturizing too! I would recommend to get the small/trial/travel size one because its only $13 and its super cute and ive had it since mid july and its now early January and I still have more than half left and ive used it almost everyday from july-october and then some days here and there from November til now. So I think the small jar is a good investment for a great product

on 12/14/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ordered a sample size in Pink Escape. Glad I didn't shell out for the full size.,
Not a terrible product, just not as magical as the hype makes it sound. I need a cream blush for my mature skin. This product is a pretty, sheer, clear pink with a tinge of peach and looks nice on my cool-toned skin, but it's messy to apply and I want something with more oomph than a sheer stain. I think this would be nice on younger, tanned skin, perhaps in a deeper shade. I'll stick with my NARS and Chanel blushes.

on 12/3/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought this in the Coral color. It had been on my wishlist forever, and I finally broke down and got it. I was expecting to love it- all natural, pretty color, and I had read so many favorable reviews. But when I put it on, it was invisible! I added more, still nothing. I have no need for invisible blush, so I returned it. I'm very fair so it's weird that it couldn't be seen at all; usually I have problems with blush being too much. Maybe the other colors work better...

on 11/20/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Josie Maran purchase. I was in the market for a new blush and had actually been walking around Sephora with a Kat von D blush when I remembered seeing Josie Maran products on QVC the night before. I was sampling her argan oil creams when I spotted this. The colors were so beautiful and I immediately fell in love with Poppy Paradise.

There is a lot of product in the pot for $22 considering you only need a few dots on your cheek to pat the color in. It is buildable but will spread foundation around if you keep touching your cheeks. I also use this as a lip balm at night and in the mornings. Coconut water and argan oil can't go wrong. It gives a very natural flush but I would use sparingly if you have natural redness that comes through during your day.

It isn't overly shiny, sticky or have tremendous slip. In my opinion the product acts as more of a stain, leaving pigment behind as your skin absorbs the argan oil and coconut water. There is an EXTREMELY FAINT scent that I can't place, the packaging said it was all natural fragrances so at least it isn't artificial.

I am enjoying the product especially since the weather has turned cool, the gelee seems to sit better on my skin than my powder blush was.

Popular Blush Products