April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tons of blush, but this is the only one I have that actually stays on. It can get me through a full workday, although I might touch up at night if I was going out. Love the sheer color with no sparkles. I have Poppy Paradise and apply it very sparingly with my Eco Tools blush brush. It applies like a dream and looks very natural. I would definitely repurchase and/or try another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE these!!! i have the pink escape color, i'm very fair with dry skin and it looks so natural and pretty on me. plus it stays for awhile and feels very good going on. the packaging is cute and they smell great. much nicer than tarte stains which are so sticky. i also find this looks gorgeous on lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This blush is beautiful!

Love the texture and how easy and nice it is to apply.

It leaves a gorgoeous stain on the cheeks, lasts long, looks natural and smells amazing!

Will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I got this in Berry Bliss. I think it is way over priced but i dont use it daily. It gives a very sheer, buildable and natural color like youve been running, a nice healthy color. It lasts a long time for me, i use it over foundation and do not set it with anything. Ive had it about 3 months and it hasnt dried out. It feels cool to the touch, gel-like. Its easy to work with unlike the benetint and doesnt "stain" the cheek so much as give a sheer color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are fun to work with. The gel texture is cool to the touch and shear out naturally as you blend which makes it a very simple process. The colors can be built up with layering to your liking and the end result is stunning. Unfortunately my face skin ( and it/s not in very bad shape!) drinks the color up very quickly and I don't even get a half day wear out of them. Not a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a delicate, buildable sheer gel that imparts the most natural looking blush I've found. The first time I tried it, I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror later and actually (mistakenly) thought my cheeks were flushing naturally. The Poppy Paradise shade works well for me, especially with a little dab of Coral Oasis to add dimension. I like this Very Much.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I am such a spaz when it comes to cream blush or stains. I can never find that sweet spot between "invisible" and "drag queen". My skin is very pink and my cheeks get blotchy and red on their own, so I usually go with paler, muted colors that cancel out or balance the red. I also have a fatal flaw with certain blushes that I love so much I figure "Less is beautiful, more must be better!" (I am looking at YOU, Sleek Muscovado.) I'm more or less a Josie Maran whore, so of course I had to try this blush even though I thought there was no way it would work on me.

I got the shade Poppy Paradise, which is the color of red popsicle and it's just so gorgeous in the jar. It's just fun and playful and makes me happy looking at it. Yet of course, I dipped my fingers into it and delved into clown territory within seconds.

Determined to make this work, I remembered the Elf stipple brush that EmilyNoel83 (no affiliation) recommends on her channel. Three bucks, why not? No. Still too much. What finally did it was tapping the product with the brush with the slightest touch. Then tapping my hand to get any excess off, THEN going to both my cheeks and blending LIGHTLY. That's how pigmented this is. It is just the most beautiful natural pinched-cheeks look.

And I love the gel consistency. I had Tarte's original cheek stain years ago and it would just wear off within an hour. This actually imparts a bit of a stain on my cheeks and I got it to last at least 5 hours, which on my face is like a week. It's got just the right amount of translucency that it takes the natural finish of your skin without getting overly shiny. There's absolutely no glitter or shimmer.

I personally don't mind the packaging, although you're obviously getting a very small amount of product for the price. It's basically just like a Maybelline Color Tattoo. The glass pot is actually a huge step up from the recycled plastic compacts Josie's makeup usually comes in. Because I'm a klutz, I dropped it on my tile floor and broke the lid, but just off the side, so it still screws on and keeps the product moist. What I learned from that is that the lid is actually ceramic or porcelain, not cheap plastic. Which is why it broke, but it's not like makeup should all be packaged to be dropped from five feet on hard tile. Few people are as accident-prone as I am (thank God).

This product's value for me is based on the fact that it's the first and only blush stain I've had that looks nice, stays put, and doesn't have any harsh ingredients (I have sensitive skin). I haven't used it that much but I still put a pretty good dent in the pot, so it's not like it's one of those products that'll last forever. If you have a stain in a color that works for you (especially if it contains more product, which is highly likely), this might not be a good buy. But since it's a unique product in my book, I'll be getting another when this runs out.

PS: this also looks absolutely STUNNING on the lips

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't purchased this...but I've used it several times at Sephora and it is absolutely beautiful! Would purchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely, natural looking product that doesn't break you out or sit heavily on the skin. It adds a healthy looking flush without looking caked on or greasy. It is expensive, and the packaging is not the greatest. However, I would buy it again and definitely recommend it.

PROS:
-- Adds a natural, healthy glow to skin
-- Flattering to most shades and skin tones
-- Only need to use a small amount; you get a lot of bang for your buck
-- Lasts longer than powder blush and does not break out my skin
-- Feels light on skin
-- Good size for travel
CONS:
-- Very expensive, and comes in a very small amount
-- Packaging is cheap and it's difficult to use a brush or sponge with it
-- Needs reapplication every few hours

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the poppy paradise and am in love. The pot is small but you really only needto gently glide your finger across the top of the blush to get perfect glowing color. This is saying alot as I have very very dull skin and this makes it glow.