Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

4.3

Water**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice**, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate**, Methyl Gluceth-20**, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20**, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 8/29/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This looks lovely if you're not using heavy duty concealer or foundation on your face. The reason: impossible to blend. If you use fingers... it'll mostly stay on your fingers and they'll be stained red while your cheeks/lips will just have a light tint. A dense brush has given me the best transfer. I still like it because it gives me a flush on days when I don't wanna wear any other makeup.

on 8/21/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like a natural style, make up minimalist and thought this would be great

It is very sheer and has no brown or skin undertones. It made my pink skin even more red.

I do not need more red added to my face so returned

I also thought it was really expensive

I have lip sticks that I can sheer out and use as a cream blush

If super think barely there blush is your thing you may like it

This product is so interesting!
i was looking at all the Joise Maran products at Mecca and i noticed these..
the texture is different.. it's not a gel or powder or anything i've seen before..
I apply this after foundation and before my powder and it looks so natural, i found the best was to apply was just using my fingers instead of a brush. Its gorgeous, perfect for hot summers here in Australia as this product last alllllll day!! Im definitely picking more shades!

I have never worn blush before. I usually do everything I can to cover up the pinkness in my cheeks, so it seems counterintuitive to then put it back. However, after watching some youtube videos of makeup artists, it looked like it might be something to try.

I had some powder blushes around in my makeup stash, most recently from an ipsy bag. It was sort of a light pink and seemed innocuous enough, so I tried it. I liked the look of it ok, but the powder formulation didn't blend well with my liquid foundation, and seemed to sit on my skin looking clownish. I tried again, this time putting loose powder on over my foundation (which I never do). The blush blended better, but after an hour or two, my cheeks were flakey messes from the powder.

Then I went to sephora. I told the woman working there that I was looking for a cream blush, and she showed me this. She picked the berry color for me, but I thought it was too dark, so bought pink escape, a pretty, cool toned light pink. The formulation is a really nice gel stain that goes on sheer, but can be built up if need be.

I have been putting this on with my foundation brush (sephora collection pro visionary #111) and it has been working great. I just stipple the brush in the blush pot once, and it's enough to blend into both cheeks for a pretty pink glow. I like that this product is sheer and buildable, especially since I am a beginner at wearing it. The color looks pretty all day, with no color darkening or changing.

on 3/26/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Outstanding blush... This is a one-of-a-kind product. The texture is so unusual...it feels like a solid liquid gel (no, that doesn't make sense but that's the only way I can think of to describe it). One dot from a brush or the tip of my finger gives both cheeks the perfect, energized flush. I LOVE Getaway Red. It's the red blush of my dreams. It's a sheer, clear, true red (not pinkish or blue-toned) without shimmer, glitter, or "glow". It's easy to spread around my cheeks, and it sets in a few seconds and lasts. I love the color because it's beautiful but it's a real bonus that I love this unique formula.

on 2/19/2015 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

This product is amazing!! I usually wear only powder blushes but when I switched my foundation over to Tarte's Amazonian clay powder foundation I figured so much powder would make me look a bit chalky. So I read some reviews on this product and I was scared on what I might I might receive when I ended up buying it. But first let me say this. I have pretty oily skin and this cheek stain gives me a slight glow that makes me look alive but not at all oily in the slightest. Also the product does not wear off by the end of the day like I was afraid it would. It stays forever!! I bought the darkest color and I am very very pale and it is the perfect shade for me. So I don't recommend getting a lighter shade unless you are trying to go for the "no blush" look. Also the argon oil in it does not make me break out at all so it's perfect! I could rave about this product all day, but I'd bore you. Just want to say that if you read any bad reviews about this product, forget them and just go buy this! You will not regret it.

on 2/8/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a small pot of this in Pink Escape in a points perk and was really excited to try it out. Sadly it lacks pigment, is difficult to get out of the package and doesn't blend easily. Such a disappointment. Worst of all, to get it blended I end up really disturbing my foundation underneath. If you are looking for a seamlessly blend-able, natural finish cream product look for the Rimmel cheek tints in the little white tube.....which are also less than half the price.

on 2/4/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've become a fan of this in Getaway Red but it wasn't love at first try. At first, it sat in my makeup bag unused because I couldn't get it to apply smoothly- I love the color, a sheer red that leans slightly orangish on my asian complexion, but it would set right away and I ended up with fingertip-shaped blotches on my cheeks. It would even cling to and accentuate skin flakes I didn't know I had!

The solution: to rough up the surface of the gelee with a toothpick so that I can grab more product at once and also to only use it when I'm wearing my daily moisturizer plus my tinted moisturizer underneath. This product is not for bare skin because it needs an emollient base to lengthen the drying time and allow for blending! I've found that applying everything that I want to go onto my cheeks in one go is the best way. I tap the product I've picked up on the tip of my index finger along my cheekbone quickly and then tap clean index and middle fingers over the area until the color is evenly distributed.

The end result: a totally believable lit-from-within flush that lasts… and lasts! Like another reviewer, I fell asleep with my makeup on and the only product that survived till the next morning was this cheek color. I guess this would be a good product to use if you're still in the beginning of dating someone and want to look better-than-bare-faced the morning after! ;)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have this in Getaway Red and it is one of my new favorites. I initially got it to test it for my wedding makeup in 2013, so this little pot has lasted a year and a bit. Basically, you have to take it easy on the application as a little goes a long way. It blends quite easily but you have to work quickly. Once set, it looks extremely natural. Getaway Red in particular looks seamless. I was very happy how it turned out in pictures and I just kept on using it because it matches almost anything since it is close to my natural blushing color. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 PM

I completely agree with the previous reviewer. I don't understand all the positive reviews. This sets so quickly. Makes it impossible to blend properly. No matter how I have tried it just goes on patchy and won't blend right. You have to rub So much that your foundation comes off. This stuff is impossible. Never such a difficult blending time in my life

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products