April 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Lmrowell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, the process to use this product is lengthy - first apply your regular mascara & allow it to dry, then apply the clear gel. While gel is wet apply the fiber lash mascara. Allow fiber lash to dry, then apply another coat of the gel. WAY to much work for a product that after a few hours flakes off leaving little black pieces of fiber all over your cheeks.
I'd also like to mention it does NOT make your lashes fuller. It makes them look long and thin.
It's also quite expensive and it seems to always be on back order.
The only cool thing about it was the case (looks like a sunglass holder!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like the Too Faced version better, hands down. This mascara is runnier and the fibers are too stubby and a little stiffer than the TF, so it's just a recipe for spider lashes. My lashes are already long and this adds no volume, so it just makes them look spindly and gross. If you like a wetter mascara and don't need volume, this may work for you, but I wasn't thrilled.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Ovacheermom

This is by far one of the best products I've ever used!! Now i do see some negative reviews and honestly I think that from
What I've read and what ppl said that was negative was all due to the incorrect application possibly. You can follow the directions and still not get it right. Like anything else it takes a little practice but not much. I highly recommend to purchase a good lash comb like the tweezerman brand is the best and comb thru the lashes each time it dries to ensure u don't get the spider look and this will allow u to get as dramatic as u want without clumping I also put on one or two coats of my fav mascara before I start the 3d lashes and let them dry and that take it to a whole new level and most times u can just use one coat of the 3d lashes that way. I really wish I could post a pic of my before and after bc it's so REDIC crazy amazing!! I've had lash extensions before and this is so much better and much better for ur lashes as we'll as it's totally up to u on how dramatic u want to go which is what I really like. You can go from long and flirty to full on drama.. I know the price seems a little high but I tell u ladies it is one of the best investments I've ever made in makeup. And honestly they look so good I don't even need to wear any other eye makeup except for these. So ladies go out and get this or borrow ur friends bc this is a must have!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by BrigittaBeautiful

Hello everyone. I was so surprised by the amount of negative reviews I found here, that I had to stop, join MakeupAlley and write a review too.
Yes, when I first tried Younique's 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara I totally hated it. I applied it in the middle of the day, on top of my already long time ago dried regular mascara, and the fiber did not stick, they fell onto my cheeks, and into my eyes, my eyelashes stuck together, and I did not have any special, new, long and fabulous lashes I expected at all. Weeks later I asked a presenter what's the big fuss, this product does not work... And told her of my experience. Turns out, you do not need your own mascara underneath, and the key is to apply the coat of gel (which is a renewed formula since the beginning of April as far as I know), followed quickly by the fiber, starting from the bottom of your lashes, and quick, as once the gel dries, naturally the fiber won't stick any more... AND! The fibers must be sealed by another coat of gel, which will prevent them from falling. Repeat the steps, now applying the fiber onto the tips of the lashes, for that long look. The presenter demonstrated it to me, and I was so impressed I asked her to borrow her kit and try it again at home, now the right way. Like with everything new and unfamiliar, you need to play with it and practice... Yes, too much product might clamp, or overdoing might give you those spider legs... I don't like that look either. But overall, I so fell in love with the product, that I became a presenter myself too, as I want to share it with my friends and want them to look stunning as well. It's a fun mascara, and the eye shadow pigments are just so vivid and beautiful too. It's OK if it does not work for you, not everything will work for everyone. But me personally: I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by shannonh1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the 3-D mascara after my Mom seen our hair dresser wearing it. We absolutely LOVE IT! I did use 3 coats because I wanted them longer and longer and it didn't look clumpy, I didn't have it all over my face ( a few small pieces fall off but u just brush them off) and my eyes didn't burn at all. My daughter asked me the next day why was I wearing false eyelashes (it was a Sunday morning) and she was surprised when I said it was just mascara (i slept in it from the night before and it still looked good!!) I was careful when applying it, going lash to lash because I was worried about clumps from the reviews so I didn't just glob it on. It's 29.00, lasts 3 months, I've spent 18.00 on mac false eyelashes and when taking them off I ripped out a lot of eyelashes! This stuff washed off nicely with my regular face soap. It's a great product, my lashes were so long and full! I don't sell it but I'm thinking about it because i got so many compliments. I bought the lip gloss too and it was really nice and my mom loved the eye shadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by valentinegirl14

This product is AWFUL. Sellers want you to buy this so they say it works amazingly, but it doesn't. The "fiber" is literally velvet fibers that fall all over your face. It's horrible. And then it is irritating as well. This product is extremely expensive, and not worth even a cheap price. I am not impressed. Will be going back to my all-time favorite-Benefit They're Real.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying and trying to like these. With guidance both from sellers (who wrote most reviews on here, so be careful...) and videos I am confident that I am applying them correctly. They really aren't any more dramatic than Smashbox Full Exposure mascara, but more prone to clumping (Full Exposure NEVER clumps for me) and they look spidery when I use a lash comb, plus you lose a lot of fibers that way (or you wait too long until everything is dry and the lash comb yanks out your real lashes. It's lose-lose there). On top of that, within an hour or so my eyes get irritated and begin to itch until I finally give up and wash this stuff off. For a decent mascara I'd look to Smashbox or Benefit. For the dramatic look, get a professional to teach you how to apply actual false lashes. You'll be much happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by onemom5rugrats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One word. AMAZING. For those who have not been getting great results... it take a little practice and proper application as some others have stated. You should not even end up with fibers on your face if you are sealing it properly with the gel. I have next to NO lashes. This stuff is incredible! Give it another chance if you gave up after a time or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't buy it's a waste of money, the lashes fall of so quick the glue is cheap and you can get better ones for a dollar more.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lgdevine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 3D fiber mascara did not work for me. At the end of the day around afternoon, starts to irritate my eyes. Tried it for a week or 2 and thought it was something else, then switched back to my regular Maybelline. It is the Younique brand that irritates and burns my eyes. Also, followed the instructions and my eye lashes did not come close to the picture on the pamphlet. Not satisfied at all and spent $35 on mascara... total waste of my $.