Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

4.2

Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Octinoxate, Bismuth Oxychloride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stereate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Iron Oxides, Zeolite, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy Difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Butylparaben, BHT

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a decent powder and it does it job. I mainly used this as a setting powder over my concealer and my T-zone area. The coverage was very light so I don't know if this could be used as a foundation itself. For those who want a light coverage it's for you, but the sephora gal told me you can apply it wet for a thicker coverage. Personally, I found the powder to be nothing out of the world extradorinaiy. It did its job of mattifying and setting my makeup for a couple hours, despite my oily skin. However, there are many cheaper drugstore alternatives that would do the same thing. For 22 bucks it was not a miracle for me and not quite worth the price. I really did like the packaging though. It's in a sleek, black compact with a magnetic closure. I didn't really use the sponge, instead I used a kabuki brush.

on 4/22/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far this powder foundation is pretty amazing. Usually within 4 hours of washing my face I'm an oily mess- not only my T-zone, but my whole face. it has now been almost 5 hours and I have a tiny bit of shine on my nose. I don't expect miracles here with an oil free face for 8+ hours, but I'll take almost shine free for 5 hours any day! Just need to blot a bit on my nose and I'm good for the rest of the day! The only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is because when applying, it did look a bit powdery on my face. But then again that might be my fault for applying too much in one place.

on 2/16/2015 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in shade 15-Nude. I needed a non-oily powder foundation and this got recommended to me by a friend. It lasts on my skin (however I'm not sure if it does last the 8 hrs fully - sometimes needs reapplying). I like the packaging however I use my own brush and not the sponge inside. It has a nice texture and doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out.

My skin is dry, but using the soft brush with this compact, it works so well. I absolutely love this product, but it is expensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation kind of disappointed me. It's described as an oil-free compact foundation that mattifies skin completely for up to 8 hours & ensures a shine-free finish all day long, & it did nothing like that. I thought this would be my HG foundation, but I was totally let down. It completely disappeared into my skin & made me look greasy. I've worn this several times & none of those applications lasted close to 8 hours. It didn't last 5 hours on one occasion, & id didn't even last 3 on another—that's that priming my face & setting my makeup, too. If this won't hold up in 50° winter weather or for 3 morning hours, I know it won't be able to wear it during my 110°+ summer months when perspiration (ahem, glistening) will be a problem.

This foundation is natural-looking & really pretty at first. The finish is actually matte & not powdery, it evened out my complexion, offered a medium/almost full coverage, & it didn't look splotchy. I wear shade 50 Mocha (D50) & it matches my skin perfectly after I apply it. If you have oily skin like me, you know powder foundations usually oxidize & look darker with the passing of time. Online, it says to use it a Sephora Collection Pro Allover Powder Brush #61 or Sephora Collection Pro Stippling Brush #44, but I just use the half moon-shaped sponge to apply it because the shape makes it easy to make up large areas of my face & small areas like my eyes, nose, & mouth all with one sponge. This foundation glided on w/o that caked-on look that sometimes happens when using powder foundation.

Aside from priming & setting, I wear this alone. I'm not sure why people wear it on top of other foundations; this is a powder, but it's still foundation. Who sets their liquid foundation… with another foundation? The coverage is a little fuller & because 50 matches my skin like nothing else, this is something I don't have to fuss with. I truly do like this foundation, but as of right now it'll be 3 stars until I can figure a way to improve its wear time without endless touch-ups throughout the day. I shouldn't have to touch up an 8 hour foundation every 2.

on 12/11/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This powder is great to use alone or to set foundations because the coverage is buildable. The only negative thing I have to say about this is that if it used daily, you easily hit the pan. I only had it for around 1 month and the product was going low. Overall, it really is a good quality powder.

on 10/28/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Many shades. Package is terrific, it's sleek, closes shut and does not snap open. I use a brush not the sponge that comes with it. I use over regular liquid foundation to set. This combo keeps me pretty mat all morning but not all day ( I think that would be too much to ask). Price at this time is about 22usd
For reference I am NW20 in MAC and I use both the shade 24 (vanilla) or 25 (med beige)

on 10/26/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was desperately seeking out a powder makeup that wouldn't make me break out like I just hit puberty, and it did just that for the most part! My breakouts decreased visibly after a bit. It provides great coverage too! My only qualm about this product is the price, and how long it lasts. For what I paid for it which was around $30, and the fact that I'm almost finished with it, kind of bothered me. I don't mind dishing out the cash for a lasting and effective product, but I certainly didn't get as much use as I thought I'd get from it. Overall it's a product that does its job!

on 9/17/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

A fragrance- and oil-free product that I apply with a mineral brush instead of the accompanying sponge. Offers a matte finish and a light to medium coverage with the brush. Helps control oil and hasn't caused any breakouts or skin irritations. While it is only a few dollars cheaper than Clinique powder foundations, I like the coverage and the feel of the powder more. They have a wide selection of colours, which is great for ethnic women.

on 8/24/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am about to make my 3rd purchase of this powder foundation - I love it. I have an extremely oily T section and it does an excellent job of keeping it under control. It's light and doesn't cause my break-out prone skin to react. Sometimes I have to use a liquid foundation underneath for extra coverage, but does a good job on its own as well.