November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Powder - Sephora - 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Many shades. Package is terrific, it's sleek, closes shut and does not snap open. I use a brush not the sponge that comes with it. I use over regular liquid foundation to set. This combo keeps me pretty mat all morning but not all day ( I think that would be too much to ask). Price at this time is about 22usd
For reference I am NW20 in MAC and I use both the shade 24 (vanilla) or 25 (med beige)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by karat94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was desperately seeking out a powder makeup that wouldn't make me break out like I just hit puberty, and it did just that for the most part! My breakouts decreased visibly after a bit. It provides great coverage too! My only qualm about this product is the price, and how long it lasts. For what I paid for it which was around $30, and the fact that I'm almost finished with it, kind of bothered me. I don't mind dishing out the cash for a lasting and effective product, but I certainly didn't get as much use as I thought I'd get from it. Overall it's a product that does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Sattie2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A fragrance- and oil-free product that I apply with a mineral brush instead of the accompanying sponge. Offers a matte finish and a light to medium coverage with the brush. Helps control oil and hasn't caused any breakouts or skin irritations. While it is only a few dollars cheaper than Clinique powder foundations, I like the coverage and the feel of the powder more. They have a wide selection of colours, which is great for ethnic women.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenieAKA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am about to make my 3rd purchase of this powder foundation - I love it. I have an extremely oily T section and it does an excellent job of keeping it under control. It's light and doesn't cause my break-out prone skin to react. Sometimes I have to use a liquid foundation underneath for extra coverage, but does a good job on its own as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by karmenas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Harika bir pudra..kapaticiligi kusursuz 34 numarasi acik bugday renk icin mukemmel..dorduncu kutumu bitirdim tek sorun biraz cabuk bitmesi

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sadoug1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is awesome!! The foundation is so great and does not makeup me look greasy as others do. I like how it is neatly put together and the Matte look is flawless

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by xnnxsue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Before purchasing any products, I would usually compare with one another. Initially I wanted to get a MAC Studiofix in Sephora but came across a variety of face powder by Sephora itself. I have a combination skin and after applying make ups, my face tends to get oily even bfr 8 hrs so I decided to try this since it sounded convincing. I would say it gives a light coverage and it also leaves you a light feeling on yr face, nothing heavy. I don't like the fact when applied alone, my face still looks bare and boring esp my under eye dark circles and fine lines (seems to me nothing can help). Overall I feel comfortable with this product cus it doesn't give me break outs unlike other brands I use such as MAC or Maybelline. As long as I don't find better products at an affordable price, I would definitely repurchase this. The packaging is cute and sleek, love the sponge that comes with it tho I think the size of the product is somewhat okay. I'm around NC40 and using 34 Mat Tan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Almost great. Pretty mattifying, medium to full coverage, doesn't appear to clog my pores up, lasts pretty long without sliding around or separating. Best when applied with a brush. Magnetic compact is handy.

Ultimately, too cakey though. Also, if I'm going to pay $22 for a generic brand, why not spend $8 more on the good stuff or even spend $20 total on a good drugstore powder plus a blotting powder/mattifier? I returned this after a few days because I couldn't justify $22 for the same basic ingredients as a Kashuk or Neutrogena powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I had a mini makeover at Sephora today to get my foundation, powder (pressed & loose), concealer, & primer done up & color matched/picked out, so the male SA MUA used this. It's flawless! Soooo much better than MAC Studio Fix or even my beloved BareMinerals. I had never had any experience w Sephora brand makeup except a liquid eyeliner that the point got mushy (happily exchanged no questions, no complaints cheerfully exchanged!!)....I think Sephora has great quality & decent prices (in comparison to prices of comparable products of their peers!). They did a primer, spray (air brush) foundation, this powder then set w loose powder. It looks wonderfully flawless & I am so happy w the results. Sephora is my fave place to buy makeup even over Ulta or Macys (MAC, EL, Clinique, Chanel...). The SA's are sooooo nice & not rude, they bend over backwards to help me ("can I start u a basket?"), really positive experience & now I am a VIP lol I get ten per cent off next purchase, free makeover, & a free product. Anyways, this product is finely milled, controls oil & shine wonderfully, & doesn't sweat off. I am used to DS foundation, concealer, & powders so I am really seeing ("seeing is believing!!") why ppl would go spend a bit more on this stuff & that not only color products (eg lipstick, e/s...) aren't the only thing that u pay for what u get. Soooo happy w this powder. The MA asked me if I wanted a full(er) coverage or more dewy sheer so I said full coverage & ended up w this powder. It's simply lovely!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Finely Milled
Doesn't oxidze
Keeps my shiny T-zone matte all day!
No need for touch ups
Beautiful natural soft finish and doesn't leave me overly matte

I'm NC20/25ish the color Light 23 matches very well.