January 31, 2015 | 1117 users online

Powder - Sephora - 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:36:00 PM More reviews by supernaturallove

My skin is dry, but using the soft brush with this compact, it works so well. I absolutely love this product, but it is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 More reviews by larosedechanel

Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation kind of disappointed me. It's described as an oil-free compact foundation that mattifies skin completely for up to 8 hours & ensures a shine-free finish all day long, & it did nothing like that. I thought this would be my HG foundation, but I was totally let down. It completely disappeared into my skin & made me look greasy. I've worn this several times & none of those applications lasted close to 8 hours. It didn't last 5 hours on one occasion, & id didn't even last 3 on another—that's that priming my face & setting my makeup, too. If this won't hold up in 50° winter weather or for 3 morning hours, I know it won't be able to wear it during my 110°+ summer months when perspiration (ahem, glistening) will be a problem.

This foundation is natural-looking & really pretty at first. The finish is actually matte & not powdery, it evened out my complexion, offered a medium/almost full coverage, & it didn't look splotchy. I wear shade 50 Mocha (D50) & it matches my skin perfectly after I apply it. If you have oily skin like me, you know powder foundations usually oxidize & look darker with the passing of time. Online, it says to use it a Sephora Collection Pro Allover Powder Brush #61 or Sephora Collection Pro Stippling Brush #44, but I just use the half moon-shaped sponge to apply it because the shape makes it easy to make up large areas of my face & small areas like my eyes, nose, & mouth all with one sponge. This foundation glided on w/o that caked-on look that sometimes happens when using powder foundation.

Aside from priming & setting, I wear this alone. I'm not sure why people wear it on top of other foundations; this is a powder, but it's still foundation. Who sets their liquid foundation… with another foundation? The coverage is a little fuller & because 50 matches my skin like nothing else, this is something I don't have to fuss with. I truly do like this foundation, but as of right now it'll be 3 stars until I can figure a way to improve its wear time without endless touch-ups throughout the day. I shouldn't have to touch up an 8 hour foundation every 2.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This powder is great to use alone or to set foundations because the coverage is buildable. The only negative thing I have to say about this is that if it used daily, you easily hit the pan. I only had it for around 1 month and the product was going low. Overall, it really is a good quality powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Many shades. Package is terrific, it's sleek, closes shut and does not snap open. I use a brush not the sponge that comes with it. I use over regular liquid foundation to set. This combo keeps me pretty mat all morning but not all day ( I think that would be too much to ask). Price at this time is about 22usd
For reference I am NW20 in MAC and I use both the shade 24 (vanilla) or 25 (med beige)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by karat94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was desperately seeking out a powder makeup that wouldn't make me break out like I just hit puberty, and it did just that for the most part! My breakouts decreased visibly after a bit. It provides great coverage too! My only qualm about this product is the price, and how long it lasts. For what I paid for it which was around $30, and the fact that I'm almost finished with it, kind of bothered me. I don't mind dishing out the cash for a lasting and effective product, but I certainly didn't get as much use as I thought I'd get from it. Overall it's a product that does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Sattie2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A fragrance- and oil-free product that I apply with a mineral brush instead of the accompanying sponge. Offers a matte finish and a light to medium coverage with the brush. Helps control oil and hasn't caused any breakouts or skin irritations. While it is only a few dollars cheaper than Clinique powder foundations, I like the coverage and the feel of the powder more. They have a wide selection of colours, which is great for ethnic women.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenieAKA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am about to make my 3rd purchase of this powder foundation - I love it. I have an extremely oily T section and it does an excellent job of keeping it under control. It's light and doesn't cause my break-out prone skin to react. Sometimes I have to use a liquid foundation underneath for extra coverage, but does a good job on its own as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by karmenas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Harika bir pudra..kapaticiligi kusursuz 34 numarasi acik bugday renk icin mukemmel..dorduncu kutumu bitirdim tek sorun biraz cabuk bitmesi

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sadoug1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is awesome!! The foundation is so great and does not makeup me look greasy as others do. I like how it is neatly put together and the Matte look is flawless

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by xnnxsue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Before purchasing any products, I would usually compare with one another. Initially I wanted to get a MAC Studiofix in Sephora but came across a variety of face powder by Sephora itself. I have a combination skin and after applying make ups, my face tends to get oily even bfr 8 hrs so I decided to try this since it sounded convincing. I would say it gives a light coverage and it also leaves you a light feeling on yr face, nothing heavy. I don't like the fact when applied alone, my face still looks bare and boring esp my under eye dark circles and fine lines (seems to me nothing can help). Overall I feel comfortable with this product cus it doesn't give me break outs unlike other brands I use such as MAC or Maybelline. As long as I don't find better products at an affordable price, I would definitely repurchase this. The packaging is cute and sleek, love the sponge that comes with it tho I think the size of the product is somewhat okay. I'm around NC40 and using 34 Mat Tan.