October 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Sheer Lipstick Saint Eden

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Another winner from my long-time favorite lipstick brand, Lipstick Queen. Lipstick Queen's sheer "Saint" formulas are far superior to anything else I've yet to find on the market (I am specifically comparing them to the sheer formulas offered by Chanel, MAC, NARS, Bite Beauty, Bobbi Brown, and YSL). This brand manages to combine excellent pigmentation, comfortable wear, and staying power with a lovely palette of sheer colors. Saint Eden is no exception. As described, Saint Eden is a watermelon red (think fuchsia with a good dose of red), and it's a gorgeous color for year around wear in a variety of settings. While it's great as a straightforward lipstick paired with Lipstick Queen's Invisible Liner, I also use it as a more casual lipstain...I simply apply a bit to my lips and spread it out with my finger. I am an NC 35/40+ depending on the season and have found many of Lipstick Queen's shades flattering, which is another reason why purchasing them online is less stressful than with other brands - the colors tend to be pretty neutral. I would not, however, trust the generic swatches on the Lipstick Queen website - look for consumer reviews and blog swatches instead, as they are far more accurate. All in all, I would definitely recommend Saint Eden for its color, formula, and sturdy, attractive packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by BetsyC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is an absolutely lovely lipstick! The color is so flattering and brightens up my entire face. It is sheer, but the color is definitely buildable. The texture is smooth, and though it is not as long lasting on the lips as LQs matte Sinners lipstick (and it isn't supposed to be!) it has good adherence on the mouth and is quite lasting. All in all, I have found this to be a lipstick I will reach for over & over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lipstick Queen Sheer Lipstick in Saint Eden is described on the package as a Watermelon color. It is definitely a bright, pink-ish red, but very wearable on my somewhat thin lips. It applied beautifully, with a satiny finish.

After 4 hours (no drinking or eating), the satin had dried to almost a matte stain but didn't feel dry. It wore away slightly from the middle of my lips, but no ring. The color was definitely more pink than red. At this point it still did transfer a little bit on a coffee cup.

I scored this for $9.95 clearance at Anthropologie. I have been lemming Lipstick Queen for a long time so I wanted to love it. For $10 I like it, but I would never pay $20 for this.