July 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Palettes - Lauren Hutton's Face Disc in Olive

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this palette and think that many women between ages 35 and 60 will enjoy it as well. Why?

1) When I first received it, I thought Lauren's system would be too complicated. It isn't. Within a week, I had stopped using all other makeup because I loved the natural look and this product was all about doing the natural look well. Dark spots and fine line concealers were the best I had tried. The first palette contained 4 spot concealers and one line concealer, Blending them was easy and pretty foolproof.

The pooch powder was the perfect contour - not orange or red, but neutral. It also hid puffy bags if I didn't get enough sleep. The other products also were also better than expected. For six months, I found that I simply didn't need anything except sunscreen and Lauren. Eventually, I wanted to punch up the colors, and augmented the face disc with an external blush. No one suspected that there was even a stitch of makeup on my then flawless looking face.

2) The brushes that came with my inital purchase were to die for. In fact, they are still my go-to brushes a full nine years later.

3) Sheer portability - it is truly amazing that so much can fit so comforably in one round kit

So here I sit today with the newer formulations. While some aspects of the kit are better to me (more natural ingredients, more color variation for punch) and a few less so, the kit continues to accomplish its intended mission of providing age appropriate makeup for mature skin. It is my travel mainstay. It's my purse mainstay as I am always running late. Everything is in one place and almost everything in the kit complements my face. NOTE: The kit is designed to meet the needs of multiple skin colors so not all the color concealers will be used by any one person. Most people just need one or two of the four spot concealers (based on skin tone and color).

I am now on my third Lauren Hutton face kit and back to the disc. The first was a prior generation of the current face disc, the second was the Passport to Brazil in Medium, and today I find myself at the face disc again. This face disc is incredible in that it is 100% portable. I never worry about breakage.

The powder based products are the easiest to use and highly blendable. The neutral shades can be layered up or blended out. The creamier formulations work best with one of Lauren's brushes.

Colors are formulated to eliminate heavy pigments and fillers but provide appropriate coverage. It is therefore (to me anyway), healthier on the skin. Lauren also attempts to infuse her products with healthy, healthful ingredients. Some products lend to a creamier product. You'll want to clean the brushes regularly and periodically spray the kit with a disinfecting solution since so many different products are in close proximity.

The sheer genius of design is unmistakable, noteworth, and extremely usable on most skin types/tones. Lauren now makes several variations of the disc. The basic neutrals are pretty much the same in color across the line, but there is greater variety in lip, cheek and eye colors.

I also love that the products I tried have had no scent. I tend to be more allergic to ingreadients in perfumes than in makeup.