July 31, 2014 | 1706 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Volume Mousse Extra 17

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

My mom loaned me this product after I complained that no mousse would ever hold a scrunch in my hair (well, duh. I have straight, baby fine hair..). But I was looking for something to scrunch the bottom with, so I could curl the top layer and look decent.

Well, I ended up stealing it. It works very well for that (although bc of my hair, only on humid days) and doesn't leave my hair crunchy or sticky at all. Instead, my locks are plump and touchable.

I also started to use it after I blowdried my hair straight, just to keep the shape and to keep flyaway at bay. To my surprise, it really did work (although I ended up buying 12 hold specifically for this purpose). Still no crunch or nasty sticky ugliness. Just plump, tamed hair.

The only problem I have is that it is really hard to wash out of my fine hair - not in a buildup way (still plenty of shine), but in a "I used too much hairspray so I ripped out half of my hair while brushing it" way. But this could just be a product of my hair, so I can't downgrade it for that reason (and honestly, I guess it's 17 hold for a reason).

Honest, 17 and 12 are hands down the best mousses I've ever used - by far. Volume, touchable, natural looking hair, and hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mousse for years and I love it! It's thick enough to not just dissipate into a liquid when you dispense it from the can. I have long, medium thick, somewhat wavy hair with long layers. It gives me nice volume that holds my style very well. It is not sticky or doesn't go flaky. My hair is easy to comb out with this in it. Drugstore mousse simply cannot compare to this - and I have tried many of them - they are full of air and runny, this one is not. You get what you pay for and perhaps some do not want to pay the higher price for this, although I do not think it is exorbitantly expensive - about average price for a salon brand. Sometimes I can find it in packages with shampoo and conditioner or with hairspray at a reduced cost at Chatters and since I also use those, it's a good deal. I'll keep using it as long as they make it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is just an average mousse. There are much better options at this price point. There are also equivalent options at drug store prices (Suave Volume Mousse). Really nothing special. Joiwhip has a stronger hold, which I prefer. This will be returned.

For those of you that used to use the Artformation mousse, people were guessing this was the replacement for it (or the same thing with a different name). I am not sure, either way it left me very underwhelmed. I have very, very fine wavy/curly hair.