July 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Foundations - Lancome - Teint Visionnaire

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 45 and this is by far the best foundation I have ever used. Application and coverage is superb. It looks like another layer of flawless skin. The consistency is runny but it dries very quickly. The thing I love about this also is when applying in the day one application is enough yet for evening you can build up to full coverage! Something I have found is also getting the right brush for application. I love my Sigma flat F80 Kabuki brush but found it used to streak. I now use my bobbi brown expert face brush and wow what a difference. I am not a fan of the concealer because I find it too heavy. After moisturiser I use Mac prep and prime in radiant rose and then mac prolong wear concealer then I apply foundation around this. Looks fab. So many people have been asking what foundation I'm using. I use 03 and it's a great match. I use Visionnaire and this is incorporated into the foundation. Yes reviewers have said it is pricey but for me it's worth every penny. Yes I agree with other reviewers it takes a lot of cleanser to remove product but not a negative remark.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

I haven't written a review in years and just looked at my previous reviews and haha I only use one product still that I wrote about. But I'm older, wiser, and unfortunately so is my skin. Anyhow, Teint Visionnaire is now one of my favorite foundations, may be HG. I am very interested in ingredients and usually would never buy anything for my face containing alcohol (even Cetyl or the like since they are very comedogenic). This is not the comedogenic alcohol, but the drying irritating kind. So why did I break my own rules? And spend an outrageous amount of $$$ to do so? Because the color match was PERFECT and I mean the best I have ever had, including my sad attempts at mixing! I wear Buff Neutral and would say with my slight tan I am NC 20? Something like that, but I have olive-yellowish undertones with some redness around nose and chin. Not a great look when you are pale and your own mother says in winter you look green. Nice. But now since I am slightly darker than usual despite wearing spf50 and this is THE ONE. I am so surprised Lancome makes this color since on me their foundations pull pink or orange. And my skin is doing fine with the ingredients, thank the Gods, or I may have gone off the deep end. My life is now happy and less stressful. Is that sad that a finding a foundation color match can have such a profound effect on my life. Yes, yes it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was so utterly underwhelming and simply didn't perform the way a luxury foundation should.

I have combination, NC15 skin and the best shade for me (one of the lightest available) was still too dark with a muddy pink tone that became more prominent/orange with oxidation.

This foundation gave me a dull finish that looked cakey while providing minimal coverage, made my small pores look like gaping caverns and wore off in less than three hours. The concealer was thick, greasy and not very pigmented as it didn't cover anything.

For $60 AUD you can do so much better. I didn't even finish this and would not purchase it again. I would particularly avoid this if you're very pale and have any yellow or cool undertones. It might work for mature, mostly flawless skin with pinkish undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lkayvon

I would have given this foundation 4/5 stars up until a couple weeks ago, and then I received two amazing compliments on my skin within a week of each other! One came from a friend who has been in the makeup industry for 18 years who said my skin was looking very nice. The other came from a another friend who was talking about Botox and had assumed I got it (in a nice way, and no I don't). Before I got this foundation, I was on a desperate search for some products that could help my tired, dull-looking skin. I had lines appearing on my forehead, between my eyebrows, and the corner of my eyes and mouth, splotchy skin, and dark spots from my recent pregnancy. The woman at Ulta suggested this due to the Lancôme serum that's mixed in. The coverage is great for day, and can easily build for a night out. The concealer works well to cover spots and even out red areas, but she did warn it's not the best for under eye circles. It lasts all day, but I do have to wash my face twice to remove all of the product. I did break out a little when I started using it, but it all cleared up within a week or two. After using this foundation for about a month and a half (and I STILL have product left for a few more weeks), I can say that I would DEFINITELY buy this again as there has been a dramatic improvement in my skin's elasticity, color, fine lines, and dark spots (although it does seem to work better on the fine lines than the spots). It is a bit pricey, but for me it's working better than any fancy wash or cream so I am going to put my money in this instead. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by coraii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried probably 25 different foundations on at Sephora. I did this in a mirror with natural light coming in the window. Swipe on two, swipe off less good one, swipe on next. I did this over a period of several days. Teint Visionnaire WON!

It was a perfect match for my very pale, very slightly yellow/peachy undertone skin. It didn't change color. It has sheer to medium coverage. The foundation also comes with a coordinating concealer but I didn't try that so cannot yet comment on it. The finish is totally natural, neither too dewy nor dry. Mostly, I am impressed that it matched me so perfectly and didn't change color. I was astonished at how many other foundations in every price range changed color within 1/2 hour - some within minutes.

The color I got was 100 Ivoire N - the lightest. Try it if you are frustrated with trying to find your perfect color. I also tried very high end dept. store makeups including Chanel and Armani. Armani Luminous Silk was lovely and matched my skin but didn't give any coverage. Teint Visionnaire is the winner. Yippee!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Working at my local Sephora, I have had the chance to test out several foundations on myself and on clients. Let me just say there is definitely something special about this foundation! In my opinion it is one of the only foundations in my store that truly looks like SKIN and it is more of a slightly dewy/ natural finish. Don't let the term "dewy" scare off you oily skinned girls, because I have combo skin and it just keeps the life in my skin. Lasting power is great, coverage for the foundation and concealer are both great; my only complaint is the price tag, which I believe is about $60... I understand the concealer is included but it's just too steep for most people.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello Lovelies!

First off a little info about myself.
-Some Discoloration
-Dry-Normal Skin &
-Warm Neutral (tendency to get sallow on face only).

The first time, I received this in 340 Bisque N, which was too dark and orange in natural light, so I talked with the mua and she gave me a 320 Bisque W which blends into my jawline perfectly!

Lasting Power 2/5
This foundation doesn't last, even with lots of primer, I'm sorry. I tested it out on my left jaw which has the majority of my discoloration. Gone within 2 hours, very much disappointed.

Concealer 2/5
The concealer I believe is all hype. If you're going to wear primer, how is it going to penetrate through your skin? It's waxy and nice, but very little coverage, even on the mildest discolorations.

Foundation 4/5
The foundation goes on nicely, and feels like a slightly more mattified version of my face. Good for evening out skin tone, not much for concealing. (Good but not the best)

Experience 4/5
Generally despite the downfalls, the foundation felt good to wear, wasn't sticky or cakey, looks like skin.

Conclusion
I won't be purchasing this, though, but I do love Lancome!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Carolinaglam

I really wanted to love this foundation. I have combination skin. I was recommended by the skin id and sales consultant in sephora one day. I ended up buying Dior skin and not getting one. When my dior skin ran out I decided to try this one. The only thing good I have to say about this product is it looks good when you first apply it. After a few hours your face is oily. by the end of the day there's not any makeup on your face. The packaging is horrible. The foundation is watery and when you try to put it on a brush it just runs out everywhere. I have tried better drug store makeup that only cost $10 that was better than this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by annmrry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The 01 shade is a perfect match for to my fair, slightly freckled skin and the main reason for repeated purchases.

I like the adjustable coverage - a thin layer gives a no-makeup look but still masks the slight redness around my nose. It has a quite light texture and is very easy to apply. It feels very comfortable on the skin.

The matching concealer is by no means brilliant, though; it works better putting it on after foundation, rather than the other way round, as recommended. It just comes off if I try to put foundation on top of it.

I have normal skin with slight oiliness around the nose, and find that the foundation lasts well if fixed with a little powder. I don't know how well it would last if applied more heavily or without powder.

Contrary to the experience of another reviewer, I find it very easy to remove (at least with the excellent Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser). The foundation has a 'skin-perfecting' ingredient in it that is meant to improve the condition of your skin but as I don't have problem skin, perhaps this is the reason I don't see any real difference.

But if you are like me and don't really use concealer (or keeping in mind that the concealer isn't great anyway), it's very pricey at €45.50. I repeat purchases because it's the first foundation I've found that matches my skin tone perfectly, and as I've no time to shop around, stick with it.

Overall, it is a very good foundation that definitely performs like a high-end product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Sea80s

Recently I've been getting away with just wearing Lancome's BB UV50 cream, but I needed something else, that oomph that you only get from wearing an amazing foundation. Yesterday I thought I'd try a Lancome Foundation (instead of my Lauder) and decided shade number 2 was the right colour - when I first started applying it, I started to freak out, it looked incredibly dark - don't let this put you off, it some how just goes lighter as you blend, it's strange. This is day two of wearing it under my UV50. It's not brilliant on the nose area (that's where the Double Wear scores highly) but everywhere else it's fantastic - it doesn't settle in my fine lines or under the eye bags. I think, ladies, you need to just literally powder your nose area only with this foundation, leave the rest untouched. - as it does make you look healthy & makes the skin glow. The Lancome UV50 Expert BB cream that I use seems to act like a base (primer) so you won't need anything else - don't skip your moisturiser, put it on under the BB cream then wait 10 minutes. I used Time Zone Day by Estee Lauder. So far... so good.