April 20, 2014 | 1595 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really skeptical when I initially bought this because the powder does not show on your fingers when you try to swatch it. It also barely shows on the brush. But this powder is AMAZING! It keeps me matte like no other powder and at the same time, gives my skin the most beautiful glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Giiiiiii

I love this! I had been searching for a pressed setting powder for ages and it appears majority of the brands sell this type powder as a loose powder.

Anyhow this is amazing, perfect to set the make-up. You don't need much of it. It does not show on your brush but just because it does not show on your brush does not mean its not there.

Easy application. Beautiful packaging. Replaces your face powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For the longest time I was wondering how the NARS Light Reflecting powders compared to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I kept reading through blog reviews trying to find a clear comparison. Long story short, I left home one morning, headed to Sephora myself, on a mission! I made swatches, checked them in different lighting, went outside. They end up being quite different in direct sunlight. The NARS powder stands somewhere between Diffused and Ethereal Light. It gives the glow of Etheral but has some of Diffused's frikkinn amazing stardust micro-fine shimmer, which can only be seen at very close inspection under direct sunlight. It combines the best of both, and is my favorite.

I am male with very oily skin and use this on my cheekbones as highlight. Unlike other subtle highlights I have used in the past, this will never appear shimmery - no matter the lighting. I love it especially for daylight. At night I prefer to upgrade to WnW Reserve Your Cabana. Or should I say Downgrade? Well, sunlight IS the most difficult test, isn't it? Having to go High End for the subtlest high light is not surprising. Despite the very low price, WnW is great and whoever enjoys this kind of illuminating powders should go ahead and buy it. NARS on the other hand is a beautiful all over face powder for bridal makeup or that only special highlight which is office appropriate.

NOTE: Because this is more of a powder than a highlight, it's better if you don't apply your regular powder under the areas where you place this. It adds subtle luminosity but it also sets well and is slightly mattifying.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by 39Dena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the loose and pressed version and I love them both. I used the loose powder in the morning to set and the pressed for retouch. It's very light and no white cast. NARS did an excellent job. Highly recommend both of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will certainly be buying this one again and probably sooner than I think - this is the fastest thing I have ever hit pan on - that's why I didn't rate the price so well on this product as at 7g of product you don't get a lot. (Nars blush is 4.8g).

Having said that I do love it and reach for it a lot as it goes over any liquid foundation beautifully and really does impart a nice healthy glow. My skin is normal/combo I usually get oily in the T-zone but this powder is good and holds it together for me for hours before I need to have a quick blot.

Even though it looks to contain shimmer it does not appear sparkly on the skin, this product is better too when the coating it comes with is worn off the top, it annoyed me so I lightly scraped it away. I have the loose version of this powder - they seem like two completely different products, I prefer the pressed version for the finished look.

It looks white in the pan - but don't worry it doesn't have this effect on your skin, I don't know what Nars' magic ingredient for this is but it works well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face powder. It has got to be one of the best ones I've used in my life. I always apply this after I put on my foundation, and it makes my skin feel matte and silky soft. Also, it makes my skin look radiant and much more brighter. Even though it is on the pricey side, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, fantastic, perfection. Yes, this is a pricey setting powder and there are cheaper alternatives, but the overall result of using this is unmistakable. My skin looks gorgeous with this powder on- the cakey look of my foundation is gone and replaced with beautiful. soft looking skin that glows. I honestly feel airbrushed wearing this, and my makeup lasts ALL DAY LONG which is exactly what I look for in a setting powder. It does lighten the colour of your skin, so I apply my bronzer/blush/highlighting routine after applying the powder, to ensure I don't look washed out. People finding they feel too powdery/dry with this on, I would recommend using the Mac fix+ spray afterwards, it will re-moisturise your face. I adore this and would recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Although this product is a little strange to work with at first (it looks like plastic) I really enjoy it.
I find this works best with my fuller coverage foundations as it adds a subtle glow, while also mattifying (sound strange, but it does), and not adding any additional coverage.
It took me a while to get used to the smell. It sort of reminds me of sunscreen which I didn't like at first, but it doesn't seem to bother me too much now, it's very unique.
I'm also a sucker for Nars packaging, yes it gets dirty, but I still love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by DeboMM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best setting powder I've ever used. I apply over EL Double Wear or Lancome Visionnaire and get excellent results. It helps my foundation stay shine free yet not too matte for four or five hours and if I need to reapply later in the day there is no buildup. I use it ever day and based on what's still in the compact, I'd say it will last a year, which makes the price easier to digest!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 0113ichijiku

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder made my skin so dried up. Shows more wrinkles after put on. No glow looking at all. Didn't work. Returned.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No